PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Bloodlines i don't know which is mine. can someone help?

hugomatheus
2014-06-19, 09:36 PM
Hello all dear people.

I am a new player that started just like 3 weeks ago. I chose a rogue and im having fun. But my DM wanted to make us think a bit and said we could have bloodlines, but we wouldn't know which one would be. And we don't know how to do the awakening too. I have read the player book and some information on the internet but i still cant figure it out.

I'm a rogue, my character has high dex, low charisma and wisdom. level 3. he said that i have a wart in my face but nothing else. Im chaotic neutral and basically like to kill things. I guess its like a "bad" side bloodline?

Can someone help me in guessing which one is and maybe how to do the awakening?

Thank you all.

atemu1234
2014-06-19, 09:41 PM
Hello all dear people.

I am a new player that started just like 3 weeks ago. I chose a rogue and im having fun. But my DM wanted to make us think a bit and said we could have bloodlines, but we wouldn't know which one would be. And we don't know how to do the awakening too. I have read the player book and some information on the internet but i still cant figure it out.

I'm a rogue, my character has high dex, low charisma and wisdom. level 3. he said that i have a wart in my face but nothing else. Im chaotic neutral and basically like to kill things. I guess its like a "bad" side bloodline?

Can someone help me in guessing which one is and maybe how to do the awakening?

Thank you all.

If you're referring to bloodlines from Unearthed Arcana, I'd probably say you have the Doppelganger bloodline or something along those lines.

Dr. Azkur
2014-06-19, 09:51 PM
Here is a list of all official bloodlines. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm

Did your DM give you the choice of having or not? Ask him if he's using them as per the book or if he's houseruling anything. In the first case, beg him to take it out: they're no good.

If you're referring to bloodlines from Unearthed Arcana, I'd probably say you have the Doppelganger bloodline or something along those lines.

If you're right, I'm calling lucky shot. My money is definitely in the Hag bloodline. 2 words: Wart. Face.

hugomatheus
2014-06-19, 09:58 PM
Here is a list of all official bloodlines. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm

Did your DM give you the choice of having or not? Ask him if he's using them as per the book or if he's houseruling anything. In the first case, beg him to take it out: they're no good.

If you're right, I'm calling lucky shot. My money is definitely in the Hag bloodline. 2 words: Wart. Face.

I don't know what they do. Well now i know because i have been reading, but we didn't chose. He just said: "Hey, you guys gonna have Bloodlines. But i'm not telling which one you guys get or how to get them." He said it is one from that website you posted. So i guess he chose one according to our role?

Dr. Azkur
2014-06-19, 10:01 PM
I don't know what they do. Well now i know because i have been reading, but we didn't chose. He just said: "Hey, you guys gonna have Bloodlines. But i'm not telling which one you guys get or how to get them." He said it is one from that website you posted. So i guess he chose one according to our role?

Still, ask him if you're going to lose levels. Because that's what happens when you have a bloodline, you have to spend a level (in case of minor ones such as Hag) to 'balance out' the granted bonuses.

PS: We all agree it's not usually worth it.

atemu1234
2014-06-19, 10:03 PM
We all agree it's not usually never worth it.

Fixed that for you. The more powerful ones are still sub-par.

Gildedragon
2014-06-19, 10:05 PM
Also minor bloodlines don't do a thing until Level 4...
so there's that.

And middle ones have a skill boost at 2...
what is your highest skill?

hugomatheus
2014-06-19, 10:05 PM
Still, ask him if you're going to lose levels. Because that's what happens when you have a bloodline, you have to spend a level (in case of minor ones such as Hag) to 'balance out' the granted bonuses.

Thank you Sir. I'm gonna ask him then which are the rules he is using. And how do the bloodlines affect our leveling. And now that i think about, hag is a good guess. eheh now i just have to figure it out how to do the awakening. Or not, since its not that great to have a bloodline for what you say. xD

Jeff the Green
2014-06-19, 10:06 PM

Except that they don't increase your ECL like LA does but they do progress class features. That's why you shouldn't play with them, not because the bonuses they give are weak. (Though if everybody has them and the DM is careful with the enemies they encounter, it could probably turn out okay.)

hugomatheus
2014-06-19, 10:14 PM
Also minor bloodlines don't do a thing until Level 4...
so there's that.

And middle ones have a skill boost at 2...
what is your highest skill?

My highest skills are hide and move silently. And i'm 150 exp from reaching level 4.

Gildedragon
2014-06-19, 10:18 PM
It could be a demon or fey, or green or white dragon bloodline

Dr. Azkur
2014-06-19, 10:21 PM
Fixed that for you. The more powerful ones are still sub-par.

I tend to be very aware of what I am typing. "Not usually" was ok, a use for them appears from time to time, and they are a seemingly endless source of cheese.