PDA

View Full Version : Paying for magical upgrades.

Joe Eskimo
2014-06-19, 10:40 PM
Suppose I made meself a masterwork bonecraft breastplate and want a +1 enhancement on it. I don't have the spells or feat to do this so i'll pay someone else to do it. How much do I have to pay for this service? And while we're on this topic what are the requirements to give an armor a +1 enhancement? I know it requires Craft Magic Arms and Armor but what about gp cost, xp cost and the actual spell required?

torrasque666
2014-06-20, 12:27 AM
Magic supplies for items are always half of the base price in gp and 1/25 of the base price in XP. For many items, the market price equals the base price.
Armor, shields, weapons, and items with a value independent of their magically enhanced properties add their item cost to the market price. The item cost does not influence the base price (which determines the cost of magic supplies and the experience point cost), but it does increase the final market price.
In addition, some items cast or replicate spells with costly material components or with XP components. For these items, the market price equals the base price plus an extra price for the spell component costs. Each XP in the component costs adds 5 gp to the market price. The cost to create these items is the magic supplies cost and the base XP cost (both determined by the base price) plus the costs for the components. Descriptions of these items include an entry that gives the total cost of creating the item.

Dis.

There is no spell required for base magical enhancements, just money and XP.

Jeff the Green
2014-06-20, 12:40 AM
More explicitly, it will cost the crafter 500 GP and 40 XP and take one day of work. It will cost you 1000 GP.