PDA

View Full Version : WHich is better Erfworld or order of the stick

sethdarkwater
2007-02-23, 11:25 PM
Erfworld just never seems to make me laugh but I enjoy the somewhat intersting story, Oots on the other hand is perfect. What do you think. (Yes for the hundreth time I know this must have been done before. By the way my junks out back wanna see it.

chionophile
2007-02-23, 11:37 PM
Erfworld is key lime pie, OotS is lemon meringue. both delicious.

Demented
2007-02-24, 12:18 AM
Obligatory thog Option.

(Because there wasn't a "Gah, another poll!" option. Even though thog would've won anyway.)

EvilElitest
2007-02-24, 12:33 AM
Erfworld is good, but does not have anything that OOTS does not do better and lack all of OOTS' great qualtis. For one, Erfworld is barley funny. It is not bad, but not nearlly as funny as OOTS, as it lacks any pretence of dry wit so often used in OOTS.
from,
EE

Ariko
2007-02-24, 01:49 AM
I like OOTS better, but I like them both :smallbiggrin:

EEP! I'm not a pixie anymore! Does this mean no more green tights for me?

ChimericPhase
2007-02-24, 01:55 AM
I thought there was something about not inciting/asking/implying/otherwise mentioning any sort of competition between the two comics?

Squatting_Monk
2007-02-24, 02:01 AM
Better is subjective; hence, Thog.

I like both and for different reasons. However, I am a loyal OotS fan, so if I was only allowed to read one, I'd take OotS. Love ya, Rich! :smallbiggrin:

archon_huskie
2007-02-24, 02:03 AM
They are too different. Ask agan when Erfworld has about 120 strips.

Kal
2007-02-24, 02:12 AM
OotS is funny even when you don't get the references.
Erfworld entails houws of looking on the intewnet to figuwe out why something that was thwust into youw face was meant to be funny. And sewiously, the baby talk makes some wowds impossible to pwonounce ("dwagons" works but "spidews"?!? - unless that was anothew "obvious" weference I was meant to get).

Fineous Orlon
2007-02-24, 02:18 AM
Unask the question.

Sage in the Playground
2007-02-24, 08:15 AM
I like OOTS better, but I like them both :smallbiggrin:

EEP! I'm not a pixie anymore! Does this mean no more green tights for me?

Does bieng a halfling take away your tights? ................ No.

Izodor
2007-02-24, 09:24 AM
I like OotS better, which is mainly because of some huge flaws in Erfworld:

1. I do not think the jokes are funny
2. I do not like the art style
3. Time: way to slow before each new page comes.

OotS is great because:

1. Every comic is funny even if you do not get why
2. The art style is simple, funny, good, fantastic, I love it.
3. Time: reasonable.

Go GIANT!!!!!

Pentegarn
2007-02-24, 10:17 AM
Too soon to judge Erfworld. So Thog wins!

Midnight Lurker
2007-02-24, 10:54 AM
Rock. Nothing beats Rock.

moleytov
2007-02-24, 12:42 PM
has anyone replicated this thread in the Erf forum? it would be interesting to compare the results. Obviously you would need to replace the Thog option with "I am a tool".

Danjo
2007-02-24, 12:45 PM
I love OotS.

I love Erfworld.

My only complaint about Erfworld is that the strips are not very long, and they come too few and far between. Which I guess is a compliment really, because I want MORE Erfworld, MORE often!

If I had to pick Erfworld or OotS, I would take Erfworld.

battleburn
2007-02-24, 01:06 PM
has anyone replicated this thread in the Erf forum? it would be interesting to compare the results. Obviously you would need to replace the Thog option with "I am a tool".

Be my guest.

Thog tapdancing of course.
As stated before, just because there is no option voting against polls

Blood
2007-02-24, 01:11 PM
I like them both, but I like OotS more. I like the humor in both of them, and I like both plots, but sometimes I simply can't follow Erfworld's art. Don't get me wrong, I like the style, but the constant changing of camera views just confuses me.

Luvlein
2007-02-24, 01:17 PM
Is it just me, or is it bad taste and manners to make such a poll on these boards?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-24, 01:29 PM
This is a biased poll for several reasons, so don't take the results too seriously.

1. It's in the Order of the Stick forum.
2. Order of the Stick has produced 15.481 times more strips (online, not counting bonus strips in the books) than Erfworld, as such it has had
15.481 times more material to develop the story and the humour. Erfworld is just getting on its feet, its unfair to compare them right now...they're still in a completely different ballpark. Once Erfworld is well underway (or completed), then it will be fair to compare them, methinks.

@V Sort of what I meant. ;)

Morty
2007-02-24, 01:33 PM
This is a biased poll for several reasons, so don't take the results too seriously.

2. Order of the Stick has produced 15.481 times more strips (online, not counting bonus strips in the books) than Erfworld, as such it has had
15.481 times more material to develop the story and the humour. Erfworld is just getting on its feet, its unfair to compare them right now...they're still in a completely different ballpark. Once Erfworld is well underway (or completed), then it will be fair to compare them, methinks.

Amen.
Not to mention that the strip itself is being posted on the site full of OOTS fans, so while many of them like Erfworld, they prefer the OOTS(like me).

Solara
2007-02-24, 02:41 PM
Obligatory Thog option. I like them both but was going to post why none of the other choices really made sense, only Saithis did it better:

BisectedBrioche
2007-02-24, 02:51 PM
Anyone tap dancing is a winner in my book. Despite the fact I hate all types of dancing.

Druid
2007-02-24, 02:51 PM
Erfworld is getting pretty good, but it still can't compare to OOTS.

basilisk 89
2007-02-24, 07:42 PM
I like Order of the Stick.

I do not like Erworld.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-24, 07:57 PM
Is it just me, or is it bad taste and manners to make such a poll on these boards?

Nope, just spite. Lots and lotsa spite.

sethdarkwater
2007-02-24, 11:21 PM
I thought there was something about not inciting/asking/implying/otherwise mentioning any sort of competition between the two comics?

If ther is then woops I'm really sorry and did not mean to start this thread. Don't spear me.

sethdarkwater
2007-02-24, 11:23 PM

I thought about doing it but got lazy, anyone else can if they feel like it.

sethdarkwater
2007-02-24, 11:25 PM

No but it is bad manners to say somthing thats not nice. I think both are good but I like oots better.

The Dirge
2007-02-24, 11:31 PM
I prefer OoTS because I like the characters way more.

rgoodfellow
2007-02-25, 03:36 AM
I died a little inside when I saw that Erfworld actually got votes.

Lord Nyax
2007-02-25, 05:20 AM
It amuses me that this poll went in the OotS forum.

Alfryd
2007-02-25, 06:15 AM
*sniffs* I detect the sweet odour of bile and acrimony...

Perhaps if we were to compare the first 28 strips of OOTS with Erfworld, we might be able to make a more balanced judgement.
In which case, the latter, on balance, winz, due mainly to artwork. On the other hand, Rich, by that point, didn't have any underlying plot or much by way of character development. Erf, theoretically, did from the start. We shall see.

Ted_Stryker
2007-02-25, 03:43 PM
Perhaps if we were to compare the first 28 strips of OOTS with Erfworld, we might be able to make a more balanced judgement.
In which case, the latter, on balance, winz, due mainly to artwork. On the other hand, Rich, by that point, didn't have any underlying plot or much by way of character development. Erf, theoretically, did from the start. We shall see.
I'd say the first 28 OotS strips were still funnier than the first 28 Erfworld strips. It's a pretty close call.

titan_monarch
2007-02-25, 04:22 PM
OotS by far.

So far the only things in Erfworld that have made me laugh were the sound effect "PLOT", Stanley falling for the "Tool" thing, and "End the turn, Captain." (fer-durrp fer-durrrp!) Oh, and right on the second page: "My lord?" "I can taste key lime pie" *dies*

OotS? A laugh on every page.

Copacetic
2007-02-25, 04:51 PM
Now if we're talking about who's funniest? OOTS. And also if we took ever character in each story and put them in a giant war..... OOTS. So either way..... OOTS FTW

Awesome Girl
2007-02-25, 06:24 PM
I didn't get some of Erfworld's jokes or strips. But it's probably too early to decide. I still pick Oots, cause it's funnier.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-25, 06:26 PM
I dont feel like I know Erfworld well enough yet to say its better or not. I say give it time.

Pvednes
2007-02-25, 09:00 PM
OotS had me gripped from the very beginning. That other comic I've stopped reading.

Mr Teufel
2007-02-25, 09:21 PM
They are too different. Ask agan when Erfworld has about 120 strips.

@V Sort of what I meant. ;)

*sniffs* I detect the sweet odour of bile and acrimony...

Even that's a bit difficult, because OotS started out as a funny-per-strip, with little plot. If it's yuks you're after, then OotS wins by default.
Erfworld's aim is first to tell a story, then the funnies. Apples and oranges. I don't think you're ever going to be able to objectively compare the two.

Legendary
2007-02-25, 09:25 PM
I voted for OOTS because it has had plenty of time to establish itself. Erfworld is getting better though, and I expect it will be very good by April.

And of course, I admit I'm not the best judge. Like my father, I rarely laugh out loud. The latest of each have been laugh out loud, but, they've both been good (O: "I handled your package personally." E: "Parts of me were. Now all of me is."). Come to think of it, those are both the same kinds of joke...

Where was I? Oh yes, since I rarely laugh, it's hard for me to judge what's "funniest" except on a: "laugh/don't laugh" measure. And OOTS is still obviously a winner there.

Harr
2007-02-25, 10:27 PM
I would have been firmly in the "it's too early to tell" and "let's see how the story develops" camp, right up until the Erfworld on Wikipedia Debacle. Since at that moment the author chose to make it clear that he does indeed consider Erfworld to be fully developed and judge-able as to both its quality and its notability, I have no choice but to go along with his own afiirmation, and judge it as it stands.

And OOTS wins it. By a mile. No contest.

Roland St. Jude
2007-02-25, 10:33 PM

Sheriff: I believe so. I'm going to close this while I track that down (or not).