PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Extremely OP Monk.

m149307
2014-06-20, 02:05 AM
Ok, I want to do build something extremely stupid. I am going to focus on a monk for this I guess. So it is going to be a Tibbit Factotum 1/Monk 3/ Cancer Mage 1 (see where this is going?)/ Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries 4/ what ever else you want to add. You would need to buy anti-magic shackles in order to insure that some random caster doesn't cast Cure Disease on you (and so that you are immune to spellcasters and can thus proceed to rape them.) I am going to use 365 days as a basis for the diseases. The diseases are going to be Festering Rage (ofc) and Vile Rigidity. This will give you (if you have a 10 Str) 375 str (mod is 182). AC is +365 Natural, plus what ever else you have for monk (about 385 altogether sounds about right.) Your BAB is +189 melee, and +184 grapple. Anything else I can add for fun?

animewatcha
2014-06-20, 03:01 AM
Get wings.

Svata
2014-06-20, 03:13 AM
Yeah, and in addition, squeeze in some PsyWar, for Expansion to help with the grapple when you want to turn the magic back on. A extra +8 to grapple is always nice. And if you arent too dead-set on tibbit, choosing a large race+dragonborn makes for wings and +12 to grapple when using augmented expansion.

Val666
2014-06-20, 03:25 AM
Water Orc Half Minotaur Artic Dragonborn e.e

Jeff the Green
2014-06-20, 03:57 AM
Can we please not use "rape" in this context? Using it figuratively dilutes a word that shouldn't be diluted, and using it literally is really, really disturbing.

Anyway, this might be a good time to try the giant evil kitty build: CE Soulborn 2/Stoneblessed 3/Goliath lion spiritual totem barbarian 1. Normally I round it out with Totemist and Totem Rager, but Cancer Mage works too. Instead of Monk, go an extra level in Barbarian with bear totem to get Improved Grapple. The fluff works better too. I'm not sure of a way to let you manifest in mountain rage, though.

Also, I think the Soulborn levels would make you immune to cure disease, as it's an effect that would reduce your Strength.

Maybe a level of Swordsage to get Crushing Weight of the Mountain.

Scorpion's Grasp for Improved Grab with light weapons (like natural attacks).

Snowbluff
2014-06-20, 05:17 AM
Pfft. You're no more immune to casters than a Tarrasque. Mailman shuts you down, and without magical gear, you have not the means to pursue them.

Kaeso
2014-06-20, 06:14 AM
What do cancer mages even do? I have no idea that they even existed as a class, but they sure sound vile and disturbing. :smalleek:

.Zero
2014-06-20, 06:22 AM
Can we please not use "rape" in this context? Using it figuratively dilutes a word that shouldn't be diluted, and using it literally is really, really disturbing.

What's your problem with that? Ypu know, some people just like to decontextualize this kind of words or concepts, and i think it's funny to be politically incorrect. If you have private life issues with that kind of things, i'm very sorry, really, but you know the you can't just come here and pretend to say to people what kind of language they should use. And you know, the internets are infamous for these kind of jokes.
And off course, if using such a language is against the forum rules, just scrap this post.

sorry for the off topic.

prufock
2014-06-20, 06:25 AM
What do cancer mages even do? I have no idea that they even existed as a class, but they sure sound vile and disturbing. :smalleek:
Strictly read, arbitrarily high strength through Festering Anger. "At 1st level, a cancer mage suffers no ill effects of diseases, except for purely cosmetic ones such as boils, pockmarks, watery eyes, blackened skin, hair loss, foul smell, and so on." People read this to mean that you still get the "positive" effects of the disease, such as the strength bonus. It's a TO trick for strength as high as you want it, but utterly silly. Remove the word "ill" (which is, in my opinion, RAI) and you don't have a problem.

Other than that cancer mage is kind of a cool little PrC with some interesting and flavorful abilities, but nothing overpowered.

Can we please not use "***" in this context?

you can't just come here and pretend to say to people what kind of language they should use (...)
And off course, if using such a language is against the forum rules, just scrap this post.

Jeff, while I agree with you on basic common language decency on the forum, some people disagree. Perhaps a better tack would be to petition the Giant to have it added to the language filter (as above).

danzibr
2014-06-20, 06:59 AM

Anyway, this might be a good time to try the giant evil kitty build: CE Soulborn 2/Stoneblessed 3/Goliath lion spiritual totem barbarian 1. Normally I round it out with Totemist and Totem Rager, but Cancer Mage works too. Instead of Monk, go an extra level in Barbarian with bear totem to get Improved Grapple. The fluff works better too. I'm not sure of a way to let you manifest in mountain rage, though.

Also, I think the Soulborn levels would make you immune to cure disease, as it's an effect that would reduce your Strength.

Maybe a level of Swordsage to get Crushing Weight of the Mountain.

Scorpion's Grasp for Improved Grab with light weapons (like natural attacks).
Never before have I seen Soulborn suggested.

Alex12
2014-06-20, 07:26 AM

Eh, Soulborn 2 grants a neat ability that's good in very specific situations (read:Tibbits). They're immune to things that reduce Str. Even penalties are ignored. Since Tibbit catform applies a Str penalty, Soulborn 2 lets them be a cat with a normal humanoid Str. Which is nasty.

Jeff the Green
2014-06-20, 07:41 AM

I hadn't either until it was suggested for that build when I was trying to make it work, but if you can stomach being CE that 2nd-level ability is too good to pass up.

What's your problem with that? Ypu know, some people just like to decontextualize this kind of words or concepts, and i think it's funny to be politically incorrect. If you have private life issues with that kind of things, i'm very sorry, really, but you know the you can't just come here and pretend to say to people what kind of language they should use. And you know, the internets are infamous for these kind of jokes.

sorry for the off topic.

First, I wasn't dictating what anyone could say. I asked politely that a specific word not be used in a context where I don't think it belongs. This is most emphatically not a forum where the internet runs wild.

And seriously, look up PTSD, rape, and triggers. Deciding to not trivialize or jest about something that a large segment of the population has been traumatized by isn't political correctness, nor is it some personal hang up; it's common decency.

Finally, what the heck do you mean by "decontextualize words"? Words literally signify nothing without context.

Jeff, while I agree with you on basic common language decency on the forum, some people disagree. Perhaps a better tack would be to petition the Giant to have it added to the language filter (as above).
I actually wouldn't support that. It's a word with a specific meaning that is not easily replaced and that has legitimate uses in conversations that can take place on this forum. I'm just asking for judicious use of it.

Vedhin
2014-06-20, 09:35 AM
Why haven't you gone Monk 7? The Dark Moon Disciple sub levels get you total concealment in anything but broad daylight.
Heck, go Monk 9 with the Inivisible Fist ACF from Exemplars of Evil. That nets you Blink virtually at will.

Kaeso
2014-06-20, 09:38 AM
Why haven't you gone Monk 7? The Dark Moon Disciple sub levels get you total concealment in anything but broad daylight.
Heck, go Monk 9 with the Inivisible Fist ACF from Exemplars of Evil. That nets you Blink virtually at will.

But it means you'll have to take 9 levels of monk. I'm not sure if that's worth the opportunity cost.

Roland St. Jude
2014-06-20, 11:26 AM
Sheriff: Thread locked for review. .