PDA

View Full Version : Vicious fairy build?

Endril
2014-06-20, 02:34 AM
I'm currently working on making a character that is a homebrew race with the following traits:
-2 str, +2 dex, -2 con, +2 cha, small, fly speed, no la
... into a fighter-type character. I want the image of this character to be a little 2' tall fairy that goes ballistic and chops through people like a half-ogre barbarian.

So: no spells, no changing form or being larger, no precision damage; just skill and brutal strength to do lots of damage. Also, non-core books are fine, but no 3.0, Dragon Mag, or campaign specific stuff.

Any recommendations? So far I've been trying to make it into a frenzied berserker, but without a sure way to get out of frenzy, that's off the table. Right now I'm trying to find some way to get dive attack (dragonborn I guess?) and combine it with shock trooper, leap attack, etc.

One more thing - we're starting at level 10, and I'm not planning to progress it out more than a few levels.

John Longarrow
2014-06-20, 09:41 AM
2 levels Sword Sage, stay in a Shadow Hand stance, grab Shadow Hand (add dex to damage) and use a shadow hand weapon (spiked chain)?

Grab TWF tree, improved unarmed strike, and Superior Unarmed Strike(ToB) which causes damage based on character level but doesn't change due to size? (Unarmed works with Shadow Hand).

Blackhawk748
2014-06-20, 10:20 AM
Well you could always Barbar, hell go Frenzied Berzerker for the whole nine yards of killy

nedz
2014-06-20, 10:42 AM
You might want to look at these two feats: Underfoot Combat and Confound the Big Folk (Races of the Wild p152-153) though you have to be 12th to grab them both.