PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Heirophant Questions

2014-06-20, 08:13 AM
Hello, playgrounders! I'm putting together an Arcane Heirophant build and have come to a bit of a stumbling block. Is there any way to put druid spells on the sorcerer/wizard list? Maybe a feat, or PrC class ability? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Peelee
2014-06-20, 08:16 AM
Hello, playgrounders! I'm putting together an Arcane Heirophant build and have come to a bit of a stumbling block. Is there any way to put druid spells on the sorcerer/wizard list? Maybe a feat, or PrC class ability? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

May I ask why? Arcane Heirophant gives you both...

Rebel7284
2014-06-20, 08:21 AM
All druid spells? For spontaneous casters, Eldrich Master, a 3.0 prestige class from Dragon Magazine gives that to you in 4 levels.

Specific Druid spells? There are a bunch of PrCs and feats that can add a handful of spells.

Chronos
2014-06-20, 08:22 AM
Is there any specific spell you're trying to get? Some druid spells are already on the wizard list, and some others are on various clerical domains and could be gotten with the Arcane Disciple feat.

There are other ways, but they generally only give you one spell at a time, some of them are of debatable legality, and they usually come at a pretty high cost (like prestige class levels).

May I ask why? Arcane Heirophant gives you both...

As built so far, the character's more of a wizard than a druid. While they're still druid enough to enter, the wizard spells have a higher DC, a higher caster level, and some feat support. I'd prefer any option like above to get multiple spells so I could cherry pick some of the better ones, but if the only option gives one spell, it still gets one of the ones I really want: Infestation of Maggots.

hymer
Arcane Disciple with the Plant domain?

Edit: Whoah, multi-swordsage'd on such a short post.

Jeff the Green
2014-06-20, 08:23 AM
A few. Recaster, which loses a casting level for two spells and is only for changelings. Wyrm Wizard, which loses a casting level for each of the first three and then you get two freebies. Unseen Seer, which loses no casting levels for three divination spells, and requires difficult skill requirements for a pure wizard.

2014-06-20, 08:31 AM
Arcane Disciple with the Plant domain?

Edit: Whoah, multi-swordsage'd on such a short post.

I know, right? Wasn't expecting so many replies in just 15 min...

A few. Recaster, which loses a casting level for two spells and is only for changelings. Wyrm Wizard, which loses a casting level for each of the first three and then you get two freebies. Unseen Seer, which loses no casting levels for three divination spells, and requires difficult skill requirements for a pure wizard.

Thanks, Recaster and Wyrm Wizard look like they can do what I'm wanting. As you said, Unseen Seer is difficult to qualify for, and a cursory glance at the spell list doesn't show any divination spells I'd want and don't already have.