PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Barbarian/Weretouched Master

Zanos
2014-06-20, 02:09 PM
One of the players in the group I DM for wants to give the DM chair a try. I'm not complaining since I haven't gotten to play in months, but I don't play martial classes very often and could use some help. I assume he's going to stick to the houserules we usually use since my group seems comfortable with them.

Probably starting at a low level, so being playable from level 1 or 2 is pretty important.
Using fractional BAB/Saves, PF Feat Progression, and pre-errata Weretouched Master.

Male NE Shifter(Longtooth)
Whirling Frenzy Spirit Lion Totem Wolf Totem Barbarian 3/Ranger 1/Warshaper 1/Weretouched Master(Bear) 5/Warshaper 3/???? 6
32 PB(After Racials)
16 Str
12 Dex
16 Con
10 Int
14 Wis
6 Cha

Feats:
1:Longtooth Elite
F:Shifter Ferocity
F:Extra Shifter Trait(Beasthide)
2b:Improved Trip
3:Shifter Defense
5:Greater Shifter Defense
7:Shifter Multiattack
7(Shifter):Shifter Savagery
9:Extra Rage
9(Shifter):Beasthide Elite
11:
13:
15:
17:
19:

Flaws:
Shaky
Meager(Fort save is already "yes")

Gear:
Greatsword
Breastplate
Amulet of Mighty Fists?
Sandals of the Vagabond(No fatigue)
Sundries

Plan is to basically go crazy with my insane strength score. Full attack routine gets nasty with greatsword iteratives, 1 bite, 1 claw(take hand off greatsword), 1 whatever(morphic weapon).

Not sure what to take for my last six levels. I might dip Black Blood Cultist 1, which will give me another daily rage and increase my DR/Silver by 1. It also might give me two more claw attacks? Not if you can get more claws without growing more arms or something.

Also not sure what to use the rest of my feats on. I think I got all the good shifter feats.

Trundlebug
2014-06-20, 02:57 PM
What books are available?
IF you have ToB.
IF your DM let's Shifter multiattack count as Multi attack.
IF your DM is cool with Warshaper being triggered by shifting you can check the below for ideas. It's tight on skills and feats but has some ok interaction considering trying to do claws the hard way. If you can get flaws by all means do so. My current DM took pity on those going mundane melee and gave 2 flaws.

Brb2/warblade2/warshaper1/bloodclaw master1/weretouched master2/bloodclaw master1/WTM2/warshaper1/WTM1 starting longtooth will get you by 13;
Pounce
Imp. Grab
improved uncanny dodge
the usual WTM free claws up at d6 without Morphic wpns or imp. nat. att. So with INA you start with D8's. Less moves spent mutating, one get's you 2D6. Then rage feats etc.
no penalty with claws and full str on off hand wpns
ToB stuff (which helps)
5 shifts at 11 rnds(the way I did my feats YMMV). Not a lot but not counting items.
Misc stuff I forget.

Dropping ToB actually kinda makes it easier to fit but those 2 levels of BCM alone do wonders by nixing penalties and adding speed. I went Longstride for later charging feats and more speed for jumping.
2 Flaws let me stick in Power Attack, Longtooth Elite, Shifter Instincts, EST:Longstride, Shifter Multiattack, Imp. Nat. Att:Claw, Leap Attack and then another 12 and lvl 4 WTM bonus shifter feat. Not sure what to do for those yet, waiting on more info about the campaign.

Your tact is more streamlined with the nice rage synergy/less clutter. Skill wise hands down.

For critique? Shifter Defense. 4/silver for 2 feats? It didn't sell me. INA counts as a shifter feat. Shifter instincts is +2 init that works non shifting but is not so great. Also pre errata WTM lol. I'm using errata'd and this DM is still leery of a +12 to str just shifting. So ignore what I said about shifting and warshaper, you get bona-fide were hybrid alternate form.

Pre errata tiger all the way, you're lucky have fun!