PDA

View Full Version : Psion and Ectoplasmic Armor

Jallis370
2014-06-20, 08:59 PM
My GM gave us the oportunity to choose one item worth max 6000g each, and our Psion lady chose Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor as she had walked around with only 13 AC for quite a while. After a session or two our GM decided that the arcane spell failure from the armor should count for her psion powers, as he thought it was too overpowered.

Thoughts on this? Is it overpowered as it is or is our DM totally wrong?

EDIT: I ment arcane spell failure. fixed.

Rubik
2014-06-20, 09:04 PM
My GM gave us the oportunity to choose one item worth max 6000g each, and our Psion lady chose Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor as she had walked around with only 13 AC for quite a while. After a session or two our GM decided that the armor check penalty from the armor should count for her psion powers, as he thought it was too overpowered.

Thoughts on this? Is it overpowered as it is or is our DM totally wrong?How would a psion suffer from ASF? Manifestations have no somatic components.

And no, it's not overpowered. A psion could wear a regular suit of plate mail for a mere 1,500 gp and be fine, so long as he didn't mind the weight, or the penalty to speed, certain skill checks, or attack rolls.

Basically, the psion is spending 4x as much to get a (non-augmentable) suit of plate mail that weighs 1 lb and can be donned or removed as a standard action.

Terazul
2014-06-20, 09:05 PM
Count for what on her powers? Powers don't have any somatic or verbal components to speak of; there's nothing it should interfere with in the first place. I think he's just knee jerk reacting to them suddenly having an armor equivalent (when they could get like, +1 mithral chain shirt for 0 ACP and 3 less AC for significantly cheaper). It's fine.

Trundlebug
2014-06-20, 09:14 PM
The D&D ppl slowly realized near the end of 3.5's run that armor and casting/manifesting/whatev's doesn't end the world. So should your DM.