PDA

View Full Version : Auril or the Queen or Air and Darkness

j_spencer93
2014-06-21, 02:46 AM
Ok, i am trying to create Auril because my next mission is heavily fey based and i want this to be a war of the courts. however i could not find stats for this deity in any source (or titania for that fact). can someone help with this?
suggestions for items and other flavor things would be nice also.

Andezzar
2014-06-21, 03:07 AM
Auril is Fareun specific and can be found in Faiths and Pantheons (p. 91). According to Wikipedia Mab the Queen of Air and Darkness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Air_and_Darkness_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Q ueen_of_Air_and_Darkness) can be found ind Dragon magazine #359. The same wiki article also gives sources for Titania.

Coidzor
2014-06-21, 04:13 AM
Do you want a sense of what each can do or do you need actual stats for going up against the PCs?

j_spencer93
2014-07-03, 03:11 AM
was not aware they were two different people. anyways what they can now, and basically anything in game related to them. stats would not be bad either but they more then likely is not happening lol

Sian
2014-07-03, 04:16 AM
Auril is also described in Frostburn and as she is godess of cold and winter she's not really a good fit (darkness at best per being winter being long nights, and Air is at best a distant tertiary of her domains and portfolios)

j_spencer93
2014-07-03, 10:43 AM
Well she not the evil Unseelie queen i was originally aiming at, but Auril might be interesting. If she is a queen of ice or something i might make a campaign about her trying to encase Faerun in ice.

However the Queen seems more feyish and honestly sounds like it would be cooler...not sure how i am going to go about this. Can not really find much on Auril either (was hoping she had stats in the deities book but nope). Anywhere i can find stats (if even just levels given) for the queen or titania?

Andezzar
2014-07-03, 10:45 AM
If she is a queen of ice or something i might make a campaign about her trying to encase Faerun in ice.Must be Tuesday then.

j_spencer93
2014-07-03, 10:47 AM
Lol ya seems a little overused idea hence my reluctance to do it.

Coidzor
2014-07-03, 12:42 PM
You don't really need stats, though, unless you really get serious about portfolio sense and salient divine abilities that are relevant outside of instagibbing the PCs if they encounter the deity personally.

And an Aspect or Avatar would have to be customized to whatever level you were shooting for anyway.

Sian
2014-07-03, 12:56 PM
Instead of the cliché of Auril freezing over the world, try to pad it more with her aiming at Ulutiu's death and capture of his Ice Necklace (which is the primary reason for the Great Glacier in Faerun), needing to find a way to wake up Ulutiu from his millenium-long slumber, most likely by finding and resurrecting Othea, the Giant mother deity (Which in turn could give some interesting plothooks on allying with some of the less aggessive giants, recreating their ancient kingdoms).

j_spencer93
2014-07-03, 01:05 PM
Ok thank you, i know a decent amount about FR but giants and Auril are not my strong point. I like that campaign idea, and an avatar is would i would need. do avatars get divine ranks? I am not sure, think miniture book has a few i could use as a basis. and apparently i got some reading to do.

Eldan
2014-07-03, 01:46 PM
I really don't know Auril. But Planescape's Queen of Air and Darkness is described as a dark and formless, incorporeal presence in Pandemonium, completely consumed by both her envious hunger and her lust for the crystal. When I used a lesser avatar of her, once, I used the Wendigo template. It fits rather well: half-bodyless, maddening, hunger-, wind- and cold-based, fear-incuding fey.

Apart from that, domains shouldn't be that hard. As a suggestion, Air, Chaos, Cold, Darkness, Decay, Destruction, Domination, Envy, Evil, Gluttony, Greed, Hatred, Hunger, Illusion, Madness, Magic, Shadow, Storm, Windstorm, Winter all fit more or less. Choose some.