PDA

View Full Version : Water Hemlock stats

Blackhawk748
2014-06-21, 11:36 AM
Long story short we're playing Red Hand of Doom and we are gonna spike all the remaining ale in Drellins Ferry with Water Hemlock, as its easy to find and it takes no work to make it insanely deadly, i was just wondering if there anyone knew of any stats for it, and if there isnt any good homebrew for it?

Gildedragon
2014-06-21, 01:53 PM
Use taxine or black lotus extract

Coidzor
2014-06-21, 02:06 PM
Well, it's basically certain death to any 6th level or lower character, I suppose. So a DC of around 10 + 5(good fort) + 5(good Constitution) should probably be sufficient. Maybe DC 20, give or take, or fall into a comatose state and take Con damage and then if the fail the secondary save they take even more con damage.

I can't really remember Hemlock all that well off hand though.

Blackhawk748
2014-06-21, 07:24 PM
i was figuring it would be unconscious + Con damage.

And Water Hemlock is freakin nasty

Jeff the Green
2014-06-21, 08:24 PM
Well, it's basically certain death to any 6th level or lower character, I suppose. So a DC of around 10 + 5(good fort) + 5(good Constitution) should probably be sufficient. Maybe DC 20, give or take, or fall into a comatose state and take Con damage and then if the fail the secondary save they take even more con damage.

I can't really remember Hemlock all that well off hand though.

I'd go with a higher DC. Honestly it should be the sort of poison most people (i.e. nearly everyone under level 3) succeed in fighting off only on a natural 20. A dwarf commoner 3 has a Fortitude save of +4, so say DC 24.

Coidzor
2014-06-21, 08:58 PM
I'd go with a higher DC. Honestly it should be the sort of poison most people (i.e. nearly everyone under level 3) succeed in fighting off only on a natural 20. A dwarf commoner 3 has a Fortitude save of +4, so say DC 24.

I have no idea where I was going with that. :smallconfused: Sleep is a good idea sometimes. XD

Maybe I meant DC 30 so that someone with a +10 would still have to roll a 20 and then anyone tougher than that should have some chance of surviving it. Unless we have some idea of its efficacy against grizzlies/elephants.

Gildedragon
2014-06-21, 09:36 PM
I reckon it probably oughtn't be over 25, just from comparing it to taxine's toxicity, and some LD50 guesswork...