PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Seedlings

Fire Juggler
2014-06-22, 12:11 AM
I'm new to DMing and these are the first monsters I've created to go with my first campaign. Putting them out there if someone would like to play test them for me, I'd like feedback from several different groups. The main attack is to actually choke out there opponent. They can hold their breath for 2 rounds per CON bonus and after that they have to pass a DC 10 Fortitude check. If they succeed the DC goes up by one, wash and repeat until they fail at which point they fall unconscious. The round after that they fall to -1 hp and are dying, if still being choked in the next round they die instantaneously.

Rootshape: Seedling can twist their arms and leg around into different shapes (different weapons) This would be an action they would do before batte as it take 3 minutes to twist the roots into a new shape, as such most keep one arm twisted as a weapon and only keep one open hand. Their weapons are treated as having a +1 enchantment.

Small Seedling
Small Plant
Hit Dice: 1d8+3 (7hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft (bipedal) 40 ft (quadreped)
Armor Class: 14 (+1 size, +3 natural armor)
Base Attack/Grapple: -1/-1
Attack: Short Briarblade+1 (1d6+1) or Claw (1d3)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Constrict (1d3)
Special Qualities: Vulnerability to Fire/Ice (+50% dmg) Fast Healing (ex) when rooted (1hp per round, 1 full round action to root, 1 full action round to uproot), Tree shape(ex) (take shape of tree limb or small tree), low-light vision, Immunity to all mind-affecting effects, Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, poly morph, stunning, not subject to critical hits, Rootshape (ex)
Saves: Fort 3, Ref 0, Will -1
Abilities: Str 10, Dex, 10, Con 16, Int 7, Wis 9, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +4
Feats: Ability Focus (Constrict) DC+2
Environment: Any Forests
Challenge Rating: 1
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Level Adjustment: -

Medium Seedling
Medium Plant
Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (12hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 30 ft (bipedal)
Armor Class: 14 (-1 Dex, +5 natural armor)
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+0
Attack: Long Briarblade+1 (1d8+1) or Claw (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Constrict (1d3)
Special Qualities: Vulnerability to Fire/Ice (+50% dmg) Fast Healing (ex) when rooted (1hp per round, 1 full round action to root, 1 full action round to uproot), Tree shape(ex) (take shape of medium tree), low-light vision, Immunity to all mind-affecting effects, Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, poly morph, stunning, not subject to critical hits, Rootshape (ex)
Saves: Fort 4, Ref -1, Will -1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex, 8, Con 18, Int 7, Wis 9, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +5
Feats: Ability Focus (Constrict) +2 DC
Environment: Any forests
Challenge Rating: 2
Level Adjustment: -

Large Seedling
Large Plant
Hit Dice: 4d8+4 (28hp)
Initiative: -2
Speed: 40 ft (bipedal)
Armor Class: 16 (-2 Dex,-1 size, +9 natural armor)
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+8
Attack: Large Briarblade+1 (2d6+1) Claw (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 10ft/10ft
Special Attacks: Constrict (1d3+4)
Special Qualities: Vulnerability to Fire/Ice (+50% dmg) Fast Healing (ex) when rooted (1hp per round, 1 full round action to root, 1 full action round to uproot), Tree shape(ex) (take shape large tree), low-light vision, Immunity to all mind-affecting effects, Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, poly morph, stunning, not subject to critical hits, Rootshape (ex)
Saves: Fort 5, Ref -2, Will -1
Abilities: Str 18, Dex, 10, Con 16, Int 7, Wis 9, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +7
Feats: Ability Focus (Constrict) +2 DC, Improved Natural Attack (claw)
Environment: Any forests
Challenge Rating: 4
Level Adjustment: -]

If there is anything you would change I'd like to hear your opinion. A big concern of mine is that they will be useless if they don't have improved grapple as they won't be able to get a hold of the opponents at all.