PDA

View Full Version : The Making of a Kingdom (IC)

Odentin
2014-06-22, 08:04 PM
28th of Calistril - Morning

Four days ago, under orders from Lord Mayor Restov, a group of five young adventurers set out from Restov towards Oleg's Trading Post. This morning, after awakening to the chilly air and layer of frost that signal winter's stubborn refusal to end, the group set out on the final leg of their journey west along the road. At the pace they have been traveling (kept slightly lower by those without horses), the group should arrive at Oleg's within 4 hours, just before noon.

The walk along the trade road is calm and serene. Despite reports of increased bandit activity in the area, the group has experienced no trouble in their short trip. Of course, the Trading Post is not to be the final destination of the trip. While Oleg's may be the starting point and, in fact, the home base of the expedition, the orders the group has received are far grander in scope. Once they have settled in, the party has been tasked with exploring and mapping the area known as the Greenbelt, to the southwest of Oleg's.

As the sun begins nearing its highest point in the sky, the old fort that now serves as Oleg's Trading Post comes into view. It doesn't look like much from the outside. The outer structure is square, with wooden walls reaching ten feet high. As the group approaches, they can see that a catapult sits on a raised platform on each corner. A single wooden gate stands open in the south wall. From within the walls, a trail of smoke rises, likely from a chimney or cooking fire.

Along with the true start of their mission, this structure holds the promise of a warm meal and bed, a welcome change after four days of trail rations and cold nights camping.

Here we go! A map and XP tracker has been added to the second post of the OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?357957-The-Making-of-a-Kingdom-(OOC)).

TachyonBlade
2014-06-22, 08:42 PM
Zarus's head bobbed up and down, as he rode upon his summoned horse, along with the other members of his party. He seemed to be in a trance-like state, almost asleep, yet not, for he was utterly and totally bored by the scenery around him, and nobody seemed to be talking, at all. His mind kept going over the theories of random spells, just to keep his mind in proper shape, and to keep himself from dying of boredom.

The neigh of his horse seemed to bring him back to reality, as it slowly walked on the path leading forward towards the old fort that glinted in the sun, and imposed its figure upon their bodies. "Well, there it is. Oleg's Trading Post, the first stepping stone to Hell, or maybe something much less boring than the entire way here."

Xunthrae
2014-06-22, 09:01 PM
Solenia chuckles at the mounted thinker. "Come on, It's just the wilderness. It's not bad at all. Some of you 'civilized' folk even find it relaxing" She's obviously just poking fun at her less outdoorsy companion.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-22, 09:07 PM
Solenia chuckles at the mounted thinker. "Come on, It's just the wilderness. It's not bad at all. Some of you 'civilized' folk even find it relaxing" She's obviously just poking fun at her less outdoorsy companion.

Zarus looked at the druid, and scratched the back of his head. It was easy for her to say, she would love being outside at all times. "Relaxing, yes. Engaging? Not at all. Not even close to it."

Xunthrae
2014-06-22, 09:35 PM
Zarus looked at the druid, and scratched the back of his head. It was easy for her to say, she would love being outside at all times. "Relaxing, yes. Engaging? Not at all. Not even close to it."

"Well, I find it plenty engaging. I guess I just know where to look." She grins playfully at him. "I never did ask, how did you and Konrad meet?" She glances over to the mentioned man.

Icilia
2014-06-22, 09:47 PM
"Well, I find it plenty engaging. I guess I just know where to look." She grins playfully at him. "I never did ask, how did you and Konrad meet?" She glances over to the mentioned man.

Max, who had so far being restlessly switching from saddle to foot and back again looks up and smiles at the possibility of a story.

"Oh, a story! Yes, please do tell. I'll take just about any conversation at the moment."

"Also, anyone for a drink?"

TachyonBlade
2014-06-22, 10:09 PM
Zarus fully opened his eyes to the sun that once was gone from the skies of Golarion, and took in its breathless magnificence. It was almost as if it was all that existed in the sky, and beyond, but as a wizard, Zarus knew better. There were planets, beyond that blue veil... One day, perhaps he'd go to one of them. He seemed to be taken in by the beauty of the noon skies, but then looked down, and thought 'Yep, staring at the skies will kill my eyes, and still bores me.'

"Yeah, Max, hand me a mug, or something. Could do with some ale in me. And the story of how I met that bugger there? Well, ask him, he'll tell it best, I can guess."

Icilia
2014-06-22, 10:55 PM
Max pulls out a mug, pours out half a mug of ale from his dwindling supplies and hands it over to Zarus. He then looks back into his own almost empty drinking horn.

"Here you go. I really need to refill my supplies. I'm pretty much out now. I can sort that out at the Trading Post. So, story!"

Anorin
2014-06-22, 11:17 PM
Adula spots the trading post in the distance and breaths a sigh of relief, she hasn't spoken much thus far, usually looking for some excuse to scout ahead, Maximillian and Zarus's presence were appreciated, but she didn't know what to say beyond sporadic small talk. Though not precisely rude, she seems uncertain what to make of the other humans, one a wild shaman of some sort, the other, some chelaxian noble.

The journey thus far, had been a bit of a hike but nothing she wasn't used to, so, when she saw the outpost, Adula saw the structure more than the seductive promises of food and bed. It disappointed her for some reason.

Adula has been walking ahead of the others this last leg of the trip, and kept her bow strung, Bor would have a fit, but she didn't trust these roads.

Still, with the outpost in sight she slackened slightly and started to fall back with the others. At the mention of a story she smiles, but doesn't speak, allowing the chelaxian the chance to tell it or decline.

LordHavelock
2014-06-23, 12:35 AM
Konrad has to resist the urge to growl or grind his teeth any more than since first he and his three 'companions' departed Restov. 'With such companions as these, I may yet be prevailed upon to join up with whatever outlaws and brigands we might encounter.' He muses, slowing the pace of his steed Harbinger, enough that the mighty destrier's annoyance at so slothful a pace now mirrored his own. Sitting tall in the saddle, armored in his breastplate, gauntlets and greaves, he fairly towered like some shadowed tower mid morning light, the matte finish of his armor not serving so well to catch or reflect the light as deaden it. Even over happy drunk of a cleric and his own steed (whom Harbinger had likely 5 stones on), did Konrad sit, high in his saddle, as befit a personage of his station and rank, yet he could not imagine enjoying the company of any of Brevoy's own highborn lords and ladies than these. He had only just grown accustomed to Zarus perhaps a week ago, following the encounter which they were now badgering him to relate, but his fellow Chelish traveler's propensity for idle talk and caustic jibes had been well renewed around the boisterous and grossly jubilant Maximus. The half-elven woman had kept to herself at least, but her tendency to range ahead and a certain furtive manner of checking back and around them ground on his nerves just enough to make him as wary of her as she seemed to be of everyone.

Solenia had been no help at all, but it was his feelings towards her he was least sure of. She seemed, as much as he did, on the surface to be content simply to engage in this mutual venture for what it was, and clearly retained her feelings towards virtue in strength, but all the same, she was a woman, and Konrad's only other dealings with women had convinced him more surely than anything that their workings were myriad and alien. In Westcrown, he had not so much entertained the affections of some young ladies and women of the courts as he had endured them, and considered the most enjoyable of them to be the ones which had ended in duels with jealous suitors (and one husband), and hardly understood why so much should be made of something as trivial as sharing one's bed. Solenia though . . . she was highborn, like himself, and they had shared many of the same notions of leaving their respective families on some grand adventure when first they met, and now it might be seen that they were doing just that, but Konrad was older and wiser enough now to know better, and suspected the same of her. Whatever youthful exuberance they had shared was past, and this was no child's flight of fancy but a true test of their respective mettle. He only wished she might seem to treat it with the same sobriety he had managed thus far in their last leg towards the trading post.

"Tisn't much of a story." Konrad said, aloud, looking down from Zarus, narrowing his eyes slightly at Max's happy beaming, and then finally landing on Solenia, before he sighed and turned his eyes back on the road. "Zarus and I had been traveling for weeks since leaving Cheliax, with more than a few others; part of a short wagon train with merchants, tinkers, and the like. I'd barely been able to stand the pompous mage since I first set eyes on him, boasting and bragging and constantly using his talents for the most mundane of tasks and petty tricks." Continuing as he did, Konrad couldn't help but let a smirk creep onto his features, reflecting on how much was true and how much was embellishment of his and Zarus's meeting. "And here I'd just gotten away from all the posturing and politicking of the courts of Westcrown. I though Zarus was some kind of curse leveled upon me for forsaking the Hellknights, or worse, an agent of the Inquisition meant to incite and entrap me, but soon I came to realize he was just the pompous ass we now travel with. I can only imagine he thought much the same of me, of course."

Xunthrae
2014-06-23, 04:01 AM
"Tisn't much of a story." Konrad said, aloud, looking down from Zarus, narrowing his eyes slightly at Max's happy beaming, and then finally landing on Solenia, before he sighed and turned his eyes back on the road. "Zarus and I had been traveling for weeks since leaving Cheliax, with more than a few others; part of a short wagon train with merchants, tinkers, and the like. I'd barely been able to stand the pompous mage since I first set eyes on him, boasting and bragging and constantly using his talents for the most mundane of tasks and petty tricks." Continuing as he did, Konrad couldn't help but let a smirk creep onto his features, reflecting on how much was true and how much was embellishment of his and Zarus's meeting. "And here I'd just gotten away from all the posturing and politicking of the courts of Westcrown. I though Zarus was some kind of curse leveled upon me for forsaking the Hellknights, or worse, an agent of the Inquisition meant to incite and entrap me, but soon I came to realize he was just the pompous ass we now travel with. I can only imagine he thought much the same of me, of course."

Solenia grinned and winked at Konrad, letting him know she is just being playful. She was surprised at herself. She was enjoying getting out of her own forest to explore someplace new. She had a pattern of a man's face made of leaves imprinted on the chest of her leather armor, signifying to those who knew, that she was of the Green Faith. She had grown obviously more confident than the last time the two had met.

She wasn't totally sure what to think of the cleric yet. He seemed talkative. Konrad's description of Zarus seemed generally accurate. The half-elf was interesting. Quiet, and obviously strong and agile. Solenia respected that about her. She also appreciated what the other woman was doing, being the scout for the group.

It was odd for her to be around so many people. Solenia had grown used to the solitude in the forest, but it was nice to be around people who were not the village people she usually spoke with. She still found moments here and there of quiet throughout the days to just think about the teachings Chura showed her. She found comfort in those memories. She hadn't seen her master in a long while. Solenia missed her, but now's not the time to dwell on that.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-23, 06:55 AM
Zarus chuckled at the fighting man's embellished and terrible description of him as a person. There wasn't even that much to say about the entire thing. He took the mug from Max's hand, and swig, feeling reinvigorated by the warm and bubbly liquid that seemed to coarsely flow down his throat.

"Of course, Konrad was even worse, but in the other direction. Spent the entirety of the trip here making terrible jokes that made me wanna commit suicide, while also going on and on and on about how his skills were so great and how real men wore armor and wielded real weapons. Unfortunately, this made him daft as a rock. So it was pretty easy to play around with him, with a bunch of illusions. But the man has his upsides, like how he can continuously drink so much of our ale reserve! Or was that the barbarian... or magus? Whatever that guy was, who did it? Not quite sure."

LordHavelock
2014-06-23, 11:04 AM
"That puffed-up, swaggering, peacock of a lordling ponce from Absalom?" Konrad practically growled at the mention of the fellow traveler, apparently not much caring for Zarus's commentary on Konrad's propensity for consuming ale. Konrad enjoyed drinking to be sure, but never so much as the likes of Maxwell apparently enjoyed being drunk. Nor nearly as much as the ponce in question had the night Zarus and Konrad had grown to respect rather than revile one another. It was true enough that Konrad was the type to prefer strength at arms as a truer test of might and mettle, but he knew and respected magic to have it's place in this world (though to his mind, that was ideally in the enchanting of arms and armor for warriors such as himself).

"He's the one who makes the tale worth telling though. This right self-righteous knave insists we press on one evening, saying it'll be safer to camp up the road given the number of bandits in the area. Low and behold we find ourselves trapped in this ditch between hillocks come sunset, precisely as this blaggard intended, for his own band of brigands to ambush us."

TachyonBlade
2014-06-23, 04:23 PM
Zarus nodded in agreement with Konrad, and then took one more swig, downing the ale in a single go. His mind fumblingly went back to the time, and his memories seemed perfect. "The bloody wanker went and nearly got us killed, but long story short, we fought them off, and sent the bugger limping away. Shame we didn't get to kill him, but I'm sure we'll get to meet him again sometime. if we do, grab him, letting Konrad go at him is my plan. After I throw a Dire Rat at his face, of course."

Odentin
2014-06-23, 05:40 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3917/14483350272_c5a306f2fc_o.png (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3917/14483350272_c5a306f2fc_o.png)

http://mithurdane.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/6/2/10625650/_6445775.jpg

As the group nears the outpost, the smell of cooking meat starts to waft along the breeze. In seemingly no time at all, they pass through the gate and enter the trading post. To their immediate left stands a stable building holding a single horse. Opposite the gate stands a small wooden pavilion covering a gated area, which contains a modest pile of skins and other trade goods. Behind the pavilion a couple of grates cover small pits. To the right stand two buildings facing each other. Between the buildings, there are two long tables flanking a cooking fire, which currently holds a large iron pot being tended by a just-this-side-of-middle-age human woman. The interior of the walls have a raised platform that would allow a human-sized creature to see over the walls.

The woman looks up as the group passes the gate, her face lighting up as she sees them, "Oleg! Oleg, honey, they're here!"

From atop the building to the northeast, a grizzled human man looks down at the group and nods.

The woman approaches, cleaning her hands on her apron before extending one to the group, "Hi there. You must be the group who's here to map the area and help us out, right? I'm Svetlana. My husband, Oleg, will be down in a moment. Please, sit. I've got some stew made, and some bread. Some wine, if you'd like..."

Sure enough, a plate of hit bread sits on the table, and the pot leaks out the smell of hearty stew just waiting to be eaten.

Icilia
2014-06-23, 11:46 PM
The smell of warm food and the offer of wine brightens up Max's day. He quickly moves to stable his horse, then rushes over to sit at the table.

"Thank you kindly, ma'am. We are indeed the group sent to map these lands. I am Max Alehouse, friendly cleric of Cayden. I'd introduce my travelling compaions, but they seem a bit grouchy from our travel here. Also, if it wouldn't be to much trouble, I'd like some wine with this delicous smelling meal. "

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 12:04 AM
While the woman introduced herself, Solenia glanced around the outpost, checking for easy escape routes, things piled against a wall, vines growing up or over, things like that. As she finished her cursory look over; Max finished his introduction. She faced the woman spoke with a nod, "I am Solenia."

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 10:55 AM
Zarus, mug still in hand, waved at them, and attempted to get off his summoned beast. Grabbing the edges of the left side of the saddle, he lifted one leg, brought it to the other side, then jumped off. He took his backpack off the side horse, and dragged it in one hand, with some slight difficulty.

The woman, who was definitely Oleg's wife, seemed sweet enough, while the man himself, Oleg, looked like a thunderously powerful man, with a magnificent beard. He walked forward towards the table, bowed, and remembering his manners unlike Max, and said "Thank you for the reception, I am Zarus Deverin, from Cheliax. I hope to not inconvenience you in our stay here."

Odentin
2014-06-24, 11:05 AM
There are two ladders leading up to the raised walkway. From there it wouldn't be difficult to leap over the walls (though the sharpened tops and ten foot fall may not be pleasant). Svetlana grabs a metal stein and a bottle of wine and pours some for Max as he stables his horse. On the return trip, Oleg crosses his path and grunts out, "It'll be two silver to use the stable for the night."

Svetlana smiles at Zarus and gives a slight bow of the head in return, "Oh, of course not. I mean, you're all here to help us, after all." While she speaks, she ladles out bowls of stew for anyone who sits down and doesn't explicitly decline one. The stew is thick and hearty, made of venison and root vegetables, and rather delicious for such a rustic meal.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 11:29 AM
There are two ladders leading up to the raised walkway. From there it wouldn't be difficult to leap over the walls (though the sharpened tops and ten foot fall may not be pleasant). Svetlana grabs a metal stein and a bottle of wine and pours some for Max as he stables his horse. On the return trip, Oleg crosses his path and grunts out, "It'll be two silver to use the stable for the night."

Svetlana smiles at Zarus and gives a slight bow of the head in return, "Oh, of course not. I mean, you're all here to help us, after all." While she speaks, she ladles out bowls of stew for anyone who sits down and doesn't explicitly decline one. The stew is thick and hearty, made of venison and root vegetables, and rather delicious for such a rustic meal.

Zarus looks back at his horse, and said "Ah, I think I won't be needing the stables." He waited for six seconds, with impatience, until the horse began to fade back to where he summoned it from. He looked back at Svetlana, and graciously accepted the food, and sat down to eat.

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 11:35 AM
Konrad nods magnanimously in response to the woman's greeting, and her offer of food and wine, but does not himself speak until he has already ridden in and made something of a show, dismounting steadily despite the weight of his armor and weapons. Removing his riding gloves and swordbelt, he slings them in a bundle over his shoulder before patting down Harbinger, "Your hospitality is a welcome comfort after the road." speaks the Chelish knight, his accent thick enough to mark him from Westcrown, especially to those familiar with the Chelaxian Peninsula. "I am Sir Konrad Rothmann." and while his tone conveys the proper courtesy of a guest, nothing can be done to hide the haughty gaze with which he regards the rather pedestrian 'outpost'. Scornful himself of too much in the way of luxuries and extravagance, he is not so much dismissive of his evaluation of the outpost, as realistic in that it was built by and meant for the accommodation of the peasantry, but the signs of repair where Oleg has no doubt been putting his own skills and mettle to work in improving not only his home, but his homestead garners more respect from the young armitage than he might initially show. 'There is strength required to endure the constant toil of honest work, subtle, continual, and necessary.' His final master-at-arms had taught him, 'Many of high birth, focus on strength of the arm the better to wield the sword, scepter, or the lash, and too readily dismiss the strength required to till and plow which comes from a strong center, foundation, and back. You will know who is stronger not from a single strike or blow, but from who remains after ten, a hundred, or a thousand repeated trials.'

Oleg and his wife clearly had much strength to be making a livelihood for themselves out here, and Konrad could respect that, but it was none-the-more comprehensible to him how anyone could prefer such a life to the exhilaration of triumph at arms. Moving to the stables, he made a curt nod to Oleg, clearly not one for idle chatter (much like himself) and dove into his coinpurse for a full gold piece. "A down payment." He said, offering the coin to Oleg without further comment or his previous arrogance; matters of coin and exchange being a separate matter entirely for the cavalier.

Anorin
2014-06-24, 11:52 AM
Adula sat at the table and dug into the stew, refusing the wine if it was offered. Adula was painfully aware that she no longer carried a coin purse, just two coppers in her belt pouch. She could have come with more, but she had insisted on paying Bor all he was owed before leaving... which left her nothing.

But Sveltlava hadn't mentioned a price for the food, therefore Adula had grounds to refuse payment if it was demanded. Worst came to worst she would offer her services as a watchman for the deepest part of the night in exchange for the food.

The outpost itself had lived up to what she expected when she first saw it on the road. The first question she had, she left like a dead rat at the side of the road. Clearly the outpost was home to Oleg, Sveltlava, and maybe two others if they were fortunate. That left them with few to defend against possible attacks. Which gave her a clue as to what Oleg and Sveltlava needed help with.

"Bandits?"

She asked, her stew bowl emptied within moments of sitting down to the table. Those who had watched her eat were reminded of a ravenous boar, though she had shown no signs of being hungry on the road. A sleeve went across her mouth when she was finished and it was as if the stew was never there.

Truth was, she wasn't hungry at all, that was how she ate.

Odentin
2014-06-24, 12:14 PM
Oleg takes the gold piece with a nod, and moves into the stables to care for the horses; removing their saddles and bringing them feed and water. Though not a knight, he moves with the deliberate purpose of one who has worked with animals most of his life.

Svetlana nods to Adula, "Yes. Just like we told the Swordlords. What all did they tell you, so I can fill in the blanks?"

Anorin
2014-06-24, 12:19 PM
"Little. Just that there was increased bandit activity in the area."

Odentin
2014-06-24, 12:38 PM
Svetlana's face contorts for a moment, passing between looks of realization, fear, and sadness. Near the stables, Oleg throw his hands in the air and begins pacing, "Oh, that's just fμcking typical! Those ąssholes can't get their sh¡t together!" He continues muttering and pacing angrily while Svetlana takes over, "Oh...oh no. Please, they told us you could help us. We thought they told you..."

She looks away for a moment, trying to hold back the tears appearing in the corners of her eyes, "Please. Th...they'll be back tomorrow. Will you help us, please? I'll...I'll give you a free room for the night..."

Oleg's head snaps to look at his wife when she offers this, but seeing her distraught face, turns back without speaking up against the offer.

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 12:40 PM
"The charter only mentions bandits in generalities, what little we know of increase banditry at all comes more from rumor than any details given by the Sword Lords. Likely they did not wish to give credence to such talk, nor confirm their inability to properly patrol these lands." Korwin said as he took his seat, comfortable speaking ill of the sword lords in such a casual tone, and more than willing to attribute to them the same petty politicking of the courtiers of Westcrown, whatever reputation they had for more martial pursuits besides. "Regardless, if you have more information on these brigands, we will be that much better equipped to rid you of them."

Tucking in to his own stew, he makes eye-contact briefly with Zarus, and then Solenia before turning his attention back to Svetlana between bites. The warm and hearty meal is indeed a welcome break from the dry and more often than not cold trail food they had enjoyed on their journey.

Once it is revealed however that the bandits will be back, he sits up and narrows his brow towards them. "You mean to say they've been here? For what, room and board like us? Perhaps you should start at the beginning, when and how did you first encounter them? And why should you expect them back tomorrow?"

Odentin
2014-06-24, 01:03 PM
Svetlana takes a few deep breaths, calming herself. Oleg walks over and sits next to her and places an arm around her for comfort.

"Three months ago, a group of bandits showed up. They demanded we hand over all of the goods we'd accumulated, or they'd burn down the post and take me and..." The words catch in her throat, and a grimace crosses her face, "They've been back twice since. Always on the first day of the month, always an hour or so after sunrise. They come, they take what we have, and they leave. We sent word to Restov for guards, and they said they're sending a group, but it'll be a couple more days before they arrive."

Oleg grunts and takes over, "First time, there were twelve of 'em. There was one, a woman, she was their leader. Vile woman. Nearly took my hand off with one of her axes. She hasn't shown up since, leaves the other one to lead them here.

Svetlana nods, "Yeah. Each of the past two months, its just been the other leader. He always wears a hood and carries a bow. He's disgusting. But each time, there's been less men with him. Second trip, there was just six men with him, last month it was just four. They come in, load up, and take off as quick as they can. I bet they have a camp about a day's ride from here. I'm just hoping the hatchet woman isn't with them tomorrow..."

Anorin
2014-06-24, 01:16 PM
Adula stands, and shrugs as if to say 'we were hired to secure the land anyway,' but instead says "I'll be back shortly."

Wordless, she climbs up the ladder to the raised walkway and walks the circumference. Searching for blinds, or anything that one could use to keep an eye on the outpost without themselves being seen.

Perception [roll0]

Then take 20 if the roll is below a 15

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 01:20 PM
Zarus grimaced as he stared into Konrad's eyes, and then looked back at the sweet, yet distraught woman. He wasn't gonna have this going on, no way in the nine hells would he allow anyone indict terror and treat anyone like this. He knew the feeling, of helplessness and inability, and seeing it being wrought upon any innocents and the powerless seemed to spark a fire of retribution in him.

"Ma'am, no need for anything to be made paid. Even if my friends do accept your kind offer, I refuse to. I will pay the price, all on my own if I have to. These bandits will be dealt with, and if they think they're going to have their greedy and cruel ways with anyone, they shall find this place wanting, I promise you that much." he said.

Usually, in case of bandit attacks, he wouldn't have been this upset, but the way the way those bandits had dealt with these kind fellows, and their unusual impositions and methods. He shuddered at the threat those bandits had made to Svetlana, such vileness...

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 01:58 PM
Konrad listens carefully, his face impassive, but clearly attentive as Svetlana relates the details of the bandits first and subsequent appearances, glancing briefly to Oleg at the mention of the woman leading them and her apparent flair for axe-work. With the tale finished, he is about to begin when Adula's sudden words and quick action give him pause. 'Jumpy', He thinks as she takes a lookout position on the walls, 'Just like I thought.'.

Once Zarus has had his say, he looks back to Oleg and his wife, taking their measure once more, somewhat more skeptical now that he knows they have been putting up with such intolerable tithes made to lawless ruffians. True, they were few and untrained, but there is no excuse for weakness, whatever other reasons they might have for it. "If they are arriving tomorrow, we shall see to it they are dispatched that much sooner." He nods, and looks to Solenia and Maximus for support. "They will not be expecting resistance, so it will be easy to trap them inside the outpost with the gate, at which point we can make ourselves known. Would you stand with us Oleg, Svetlana? Face your persecutors in the eye even if you cannot face them in battle?"

Odentin
2014-06-24, 02:24 PM
Oleg growls at the insinuation behind Konrad's words, "I'll be happy to act as bait if you want to trap them, but there's no way I'll put Lana in harm's way. She'll need to be inside, so no harm comes to her."

From her higher vantage point, Adula can see the forest, several miles to the southwest. Small clusters of trees dot the plains, but nowhere close enough to act as a blind or reliably observe the former fort.

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 02:32 PM
Oleg growls at the insinuation behind Konrad's words, "I'll be happy to act as bait if you want to trap them, but there's no way I'll put Lana in harm's way. She'll need to be inside, so no harm comes to her."

Konrad nods, respectful of Oleg's desire to protect his wife. "Very well, but don't consider yourself mere bait. If these bandits see you standing up to them as much as us, you make yourself stronger in their eyes, not just another lamb to be sheared and inevitably slaughtered." The chelish knight minces no words and spares no feelings in his harsh appraisal of both Oleg and his situation.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 02:34 PM
Zarus sighed, and massaged the tip of his nose. "In heaven's name, Konrad... I'm sure thats not what my friend here meant. I'm sure he was asking if you were backing our actions. We would never suggest that... at all."

He looked at Konrad again, and this time gave a light braced look of "Say nothing about putting them as bait"

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 02:39 PM
Solenia ate slowly as the others spoke, just listening and thinking. She agreed with Konrad's proposal of having the two owners help. They needed to defend their own now that they have opportunity to do so. Though, Oleg's reply wasn't very surprising. Svetlana did not look remotely like a combatant. "He's not wrong though, Zarus. The more people fighting on our side the better. Also, What resources are available for us to use to weaken them before the fighting really starts? Preparation could mean the difference between life and death."

Anorin
2014-06-24, 02:42 PM
Adula climbs down from the elevated position, "Fair bet they don't know we're here." She reports.

Upon hearing the exchange, Adula frowns. She looks Oleg in the eye, "How do you usually receive the bandits?"

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 02:42 PM
Solenia ate slowly as the others spoke, just listening and thinking. She agreed with Konrad's proposal of having the two owners help. They needed to defend their own now that they have opportunity to do so. Though, Oleg's reply wasn't very surprising. Svetlana did not look remotely like a combatant. "He's not wrong though, Zarus. The more people fighting on our side the better. Also, What resources are available for us to use to weaken them before the fighting really starts? Preparation could mean the difference between life and death."

Zarus looked back at Solenia, and his eyebrows went sky high. He made a few quick mental calculations, and went through the conversations that had just occurred, and then replied "Assuming they follow the same pattern, there will be around two chaps coming around today, or maybe still four. Easily takable, but I can easily think that you're right. Preparation is to be done."

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 02:46 PM
Zarus looked back at Solenia, and his eyebrows went sky high. He made a few quick mental calculations, and went through the conversations that had just occurred, and then replied "Assuming they follow the same pattern, there will be around two chaps coming around today, or maybe still four. Easily takable, but I can easily think that you're right. Preparation is to be done."

"Assuming can be a dangerous thing. Especially when it is about a mostly unknown enemy. All we have to go on are what these two people have told us. Granted, it's useful, but it isn't a great amount of information." Her tone was level and blatant.

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 02:56 PM
Konrad nodded to Solenia, appreciative of her support, though he did not consider it to be nearly so much a matter of numbers. In his mind, this potential skirmish hardly warranted the term 'battle', and whether their were a handful of bandits or a dozen (and their leader) in his mind they were already as good as dead). He'd fought duels and tourneys to know when combat was in earnest and when it was not, and their previous encounter with the bandit's ambush on the road had convinced him just how well lightly armed and unarmored brigands would fair against himself and such companions as these (talented as they were with powers all their own), especially if they were not expecting a fight at all.

"If we are to prepare, I believe it should be to present the greatest possible force at the outset, and simultaneously to cut off any hope of their escape or retreat. Whether they face justice by us or by the noose makes little difference, but the chance to capture one and learn what we can about their camp will prepare us all the better for our expedition itself." Konrad was thinking a mile a minute now, speaking as he would in one of the exercises his master-at-arms had put him through in order to teach him tactics and strategy as well as simple swordplay. He began to pace, leaving his stew very nearly finished, examining the walls, the gate, and the buildings before looking back at his fellow travelers, appraisingly.

"Solenia, if you and Zarus hide yourselves at the outset as well, either behind one of the buildings or within them, they thieves can be lured inside, whilst Adula keeps a post on the wall, even as she does now, while Maximus and I stand with Oleg. If we make it appear at first that the balance of numbers is even, rather than against them, they will be that much easier to lure them in." There is a gleam in Konrad's eye as his tactical analysis begins to take the shape of a battle-plan in full. "We can then shut the gate behind them, and the fools will be trapped, outnumbered, and taken unawares."

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 03:04 PM
Solenia nods. "I can do that. Also, I can ask the plants to lend their aid, to rise from the ground and entangle them as well, slowing them considerably and hampering any attempt to attack us, though the plants will not be able to distinguish friend from foe, so they would still attempt to grab at any of you." She then looks to the mage. "Do you have any spells which would disable them? That would make capturing one much simpler."

Anorin
2014-06-24, 03:20 PM
"Easily done."

Adula says, behind Konrad.

"Trap them, kill the leader, the rest will surrender."

Odentin
2014-06-24, 03:48 PM
Oleg shrugs, "I'm no soldier. You lot know better than I do. I'll follow your direction."

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 03:56 PM
"Let's start with the walls then." Konrad says, appointing himself to take a tour of the parapets, ascending the ladder and nodding to Adula as he goes over the wooden palisade like a drill sergeant at inspection, musing and talking as he goes.

"Ideally, we'd have some way to close the gates behind the bandits without having to haul them back and bar them ourselves. It costs us one more body to fight them, and is an exposed position besides, that could tip the blaggards off to our plan and leave one of us vulnerable whilst the trap is sprung." He says, examining the gate from either side before continuing his tour along the walls, taking note of the buildings and any places it might be possible to scale them up to the walls themselves, from the inside.

"Do we have enough rope and someone who knows how to use it to rig the gate to shut behind them, if someone could haul on the rope from above or by one of the buildings?"

Anorin
2014-06-24, 04:25 PM
Adula opens her pack, pulls out a tightly wrapped cord of rope, she holds it aloft for Konrad to see, and then looks for a place where she could attach the rope while minimizing its visibility.

take 10 on Perception

Odentin
2014-06-24, 04:55 PM
The gates, being double gates that open inward, would require the rope to cross the opening in order to be pulled closed. The braces for the locking bar would make a good anchor point if the rope can be hidden from view.

Alternatively, there are small alleys next to the buildings that are hidden from view by the gates when they are open.

Icilia
2014-06-24, 05:08 PM
Max had fallen behind on the group by this point, and had wasted precious eating timg finding the coin to pay Oleg with. Just as Max had found the two silver to pay with, Konrad goes and pays for multiple days, leaving Max to feel bad and then also pays Oleg a gold coin.

The last to to make it to the table, Max takes a large mouthful of wine and digs into his meal with gusto. By the time he is cleaning his bowl out with some bread, the rest of the group seem to have decided on and organised a defensive plan for the Outpost. Captain sergent sir lord Konrad seems to be making most of the plans, and volunteering Max for frontline work.

"I'll do what I can to help out with your plan, Mr Konrad. Anything to help out. And if we need someone to act as bait, I'd be more than willing to volunteer. I can try talking to these bandits, keep them distracted whilst the rest of you get in place."

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 05:23 PM
Zarus, with his hand at his chin, stroking his goatee, was in deep thought. He was looking all around, at all the parts of the walls, and at the catapults. Suddenly, he had a stroke of genius.

"Found a way to make this easy. We only slightly close the gates, just enough so that they can only walk in through a corridor like way, a little crunched up. Then, a bit of a color spray into their eyes, after which I cast one of my all time favorite prank spells, dropping grease all over them, and then teleport behind them. That way, I can summon something, and block them up from behind. Then its all a matter of just you all stabbing away. I feel like this plan is flawed, however, by the fact that we don't know how many people will arrive (although we can make assumptions)"

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 05:43 PM
"That plan may work, but a less suspicious route would be to leave one door closed. I'll stand hidden behind the open one and when they enter and I've been given a signal, this could be a phrase or a sound, I close the gate behind them. Then They'll be trapped, and while I'm closing it Zarus can cast his Color Spray or Grease. Does that sound managable?" As she spoke she used her hands to demonstrate the position of the gates and the basics of her plan.

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 05:47 PM
"It's Sir Rothmann, or Sir Konrad even." The chelish knight replies absently even as he nods to the not-quite-half-drunk cleric. Keeping in mind Adula's offer of rope, Maximus's agreement to assist, and Zarus's mention of spells and summoned creature gave Konrad a good deal to mull over as he weighed the best way to entrap their potential foes. "Moving the catapults down from their parapets will take far too long, and give away our intentions I should think. We want everything to appear as it would normally to set these brigands at ease until the last possible moment." That much was apparent, though Zarus's creativity was clearly a boon, even if he considered it more of a prank. "If we tie the rope to the secured portion of the gate, and run it up over the parapet to where Adula will be hiding, it should be innocuous enough; I doubt the fools will think twice about a length of rope hanging from the walls, unless they have enough foresight to imagine a noose."

"Your spells though Zarus, should compliment that. If summon a creature to guard the gate while it remains open, long enough for Adula to close it, and Solenia can root them in place at the same time, they will most assuredly be trapped, long enough to demand their surrender or else cut them down." He concludes, and descends down from the walls to the fire pit once more, giving direction as he does, "Adula, we will need you keeping watch in the hours before dawn, to assess our foes strength, then you should remain hidden by the catapult, until Solenia and Zarus have time to cast their spells." The chelish knight assumes a tone of authority, not unwarranted given his position, but not altogether friendly in and of itself. Still, he continues on as if marshalling forces for a field of battle, rather than a fairly simple ambush, pointing to the stable and the bunkhouse building closest to the gate.

"Zarus, Solenia, if you hide yourselves in the stable, and the barracks, will you be in position to cast your spells once the bandits have been lured in? Oleg, Maximus and myself will stand there-" He indicates the storehouse directly beside the main house, "And move the clear the wagon off to the side, the better to lure them inside."

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 06:03 PM
She nods to Konrad. "I should be able to do it from there."

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 06:14 PM
She nods to Konrad. "I should be able to do it from there."

Zarus nodded in agreement, and then spoke once more, grabbing his spellbook, and flipping over to one of the pages, "Perhaps a Dire Rat, or a... I have an idea. We close the doors, let them approach and knock on the doors. Then we just drop a summoned horse, or a dolphin on them. Easily done, and without any hassle!"

Anorin
2014-06-24, 06:15 PM
EDIT: ninja'd

Adula laughs, thinking of the horse's frantic neighs as it drops on the brigands. She regains her composure without much a fuss then nods to the others.

"I'll take watch four hours before dawn."

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 06:16 PM
Zarus nodded in agreement, and then spoke once more, grabbing his spellbook, and flipping over to one of the pages, "Perhaps a Dire Rat, or a... I have an idea. We close the doors, let them approach and knock on the doors. Then we just drop a summoned horse, or a dolphin on them. Easily done, and without any hassle!"
"How then, may I ask, will we stop them from retreating and bringing a larger force?" She said, with a light rolling of her eyes

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 06:29 PM
"How then, may I ask, will we stop them from retreating and bringing a larger force?" She said, with a light rolling of her eyes

Zarus sighed at the fact that the woman addressing him didn't think the whole thing through. "Tell me, if I summoned a horse, or a dolphin on top of you, assuming you lived, would you be able to lift the thing up? If so, you use your massive reserves of strength to kill them singlehandedly."

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 06:43 PM
Zarus sighed at the fact that the woman addressing him didn't think the whole thing through. "Tell me, if I summoned a horse, or a dolphin on top of you, assuming you lived, would you be able to lift the thing up? If so, you use your massive reserves of strength to kill them singlehandedly."

"That doesn't account for there being more than one of them. I doubt that your one summon would stop them all, and second, how long would it last? long enough to slow them down more than a few moments? We need to get them inside so they are trapped and are unable to leave." She retorts.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 06:46 PM
"That doesn't account for there being more than one of them. I doubt that your one summon would stop them all, and second, how long would it last? long enough to slow them down more than a few moments? We need to get them inside so they are trapped and are unable to leave." She retorts.

"Well, simple. Number one, if the door's closed, they'd try to open it, or knock, in which case they'd be right together, bunched up. Number two, my summons can be around two hours long. Number three, if they aren't bunched up, we go for plan B, and I'd know if they're not bunched up because of obvious reasons. Plan B, well, you go figure. Drop grease on them, Flare, and boom, they're all up in fire."

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 06:55 PM
"And what would you do if a few of them are not near the others, see their allies get lit on fire by- This is pointless, Let's just go with Konrad's plan and stop this." Solenia said, waving her hand, ending the debate.

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 07:54 PM
Konrad is musing over a few other potential options, and the chance for Solenia behind the door, absently listening to Zarus and Solenia not-quite-bicker before the fullness of his suggestions hit home. "Zarus, your magical talents are appreciated, but you're still thinking like a prankster and I hope you won't be offended if I say I don't know you'll ever have the mind for soldiering." He turns to Zarus and only half-succeeds at suppressing a smirk, suspecting he might well consider it a compliment. "A rat on their head or something heavier or more . . . exotic, is risky enough without accounting for where they all might stand or how they will react, and lighting a bonfire in front of the gates has a set of problems all it's own, assuming the bandits don't see the closed gates and think to start a fire of their own."

"The only rule of battle is that you cannot predict what will happen after it starts." Konrad said, pausing as he realized he was quoting his master-at-arms out loud now, something which he had never done before despite the steady undercurrent of maxims and training from Captain Ulrech had been with him ever since he had started squiring with the Infernal Order of the Hellknights, and was the one to Knight him in spite of knowing Konrad's intentions to leave. Not letting the moment pause him overlong, Konrad continued the phrase with a touch more finality, "Better to have the battle decided then before it ever begins at all."

TachyonBlade
2014-06-24, 08:53 PM
Zarus finally nodded in agreement, although slightly deflated that he couldn't try out his experiments. Perhaps one other day, he'd get to try his terrible terrible ideas. "I agree with this plan in its entirety, although once more, I will say, I am not thinking of this in a way to prank people. I'm planning to maim. Which is why I suggested dropping a horse on them in the first place. Or setting them on fire."

Icilia
2014-06-24, 09:14 PM
"I do have a support spell or two I can cast. How'd you like to be twice as tall as you already are, and a lot stronger Mr Konrad? I could also make your sword magical for a minute? And if any of them run, I am a fair bit faster than the rest of you, so I could catch up with them easily. "

Odentin
2014-06-24, 10:32 PM
By nightfall, everyone knows the plan and has it memorized. Svetlana keeps the stew hot, which serves to hold over for dinner as well as being lunch. Oleg makes some time to check on the horses, as well as give them a nice brushing. He also (at Svetlana's urging) returns the gold coins paid by Konrad and Max, muttering about free service in return for the help. The beds (in the southeast building) are comfortable and warm, fighting off the biting cold that the nights still bring.

1st of Pharast - Dawn

Svetlana is up early, cooking a quick porridge for the group to gulp down during their preparations. Adula, per her promise, is up on the palisade before the sun rises, watching for the bandits. Oleg helps to get Harbinger's barding and saddle on and ready for the coming combat while final preparations are made. As the sun rises, he gives Svetlana a hug and kiss, and bids her bar the door to their quarters and not exit until the fighting is through.

As soon as Lana is safe, Oleg unbars and opens the gate, and the waiting begins. About a half hour past sunrise, Adula spots the horsemen incoming. As they grow closer, she sees six horses, though closer inspection reveals that two are missing riders. Roughly another half hour after being spotted, the riders arrive. The leader, a hooded man, enters first, smirking. As his eyes fall on Konrad and Max, however, his smirk falls. The leader dismounts as his fellows make their way inside and follow suit, leading the horses in.

The hooded man steps up, looking at Oleg, "Hello there. My friends and I are just looking for a quick breakfast and maybe a couple hours rest on our travels. How much for a meal?"

Oleg growls at the man, "Don't give me that sh¡t. You're not fooling anyone..."

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5572/14501146834_f6b1573354_o.png (https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5572/14501146834_f6b1573354_o.png)

Icilia
2014-06-24, 10:44 PM
Max steps up to the hooded man and smiles warmly.

"Good morning friend! A friendly traveller are we? Where are you from?"

LordHavelock
2014-06-24, 11:09 PM
Konrad stands at the side of, and slightly behind Oleg, fully armed and armored, sword at his side, and the two-handed cavalry hammer he employed to such devastating effect in his last encounter with bandits across his bad, both weapons wore openly, but not in hand. His cuirass in place, greaves, and gauntlets all free from the dust of the road after he took the chance to clean (if not polish) them the previous evening, he cuts an imposing figure indeed, especially with his helm now in place, the visor open to reveal his stony features and the grim look in his eyes. Oleg had been helpful in preparing Harbinger, and Konrad believed it was a good way for the post's owner to settle himself, though now he found himself wishing he had kept Harbinger by his side, or even met these brigands astride the war-horse, not giving them a chance to so much as open there mouths before he was upon them. Already, Konrad was imagining their simpering, hooded leader with a lance point buried between in his chest, but Oleg's harsh words brought him back to the present, and even raised a smirk on his features.

Letting Maximus do the talking for the moment, he let his eyes fixate pointedly on the hooded man, not letting them waver even for an instant to where Zarus, Adula, and Solenia were now hiding. Instead, he focused on the most brazenly antagonistic glower that he could manage, staring burning daggers at the outlaw's leader, and positively daring him to make a move.

Odentin
2014-06-24, 11:40 PM
The leader narrows his eyes at Oleg before glancing at Konrad and finally fixing his gaze on Max. He speaks in a questioning, unsure manner, as if not sure if Max is serious, after Oleg's outburst, "Just a hunter, passing through..."

Oleg spits on the ground at the hooded man's feet, "This is him, boy." He says to Max, "This is the bandit!"

With this, the leader's eyes flare open, and he pulls his bow from his back and nocks an arrow, though doesn't take aim. Behind him, the bandits all draw their short swords in preparation. The hooded man takes a step back, his eyes darting between the three men, as if trying to figure out what exactly is going on...

Xunthrae
2014-06-24, 11:52 PM
Solenia listened carefully, her body coiled, ready to shut the gate with all her strength once the signal words were spoken. She wondered what was taking so long, they were in, but she couldn't see anything besides the wall next to her and the gate in front of her. Once she was done with that she could call on the plants around them to entangle their foes.

Icilia
2014-06-25, 12:09 AM
Max raises his hands in a defensive stance and takes a short measured step forward.

"How about we all lower our weapons and talk about this?"

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

Max takes a few second pause to see if the suggestion talks hold, then asks:

"Would you like a drink?"

Odentin
2014-06-25, 12:17 AM
Dat diplomacy. I'll give you a surprise round for that.

The leader visibly relaxes at Max's soothing words, but doesn't put his weapon away. His men relax as well, though none of them seem exactly willing to stand down while their leader is still ready for battle. The hooded man narrows his eyes, "Talk about...uh...no thanks?"

Everyone roll initiative and post actions. I'll be doing this the hard way, taking everyone's posted actions (in whatever order they've been posted) and reorganizing them into the proper order. Since it's the surprise round, though, you can all make your actions without worrying about the bandits...
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5572/14501146834_f6b1573354_o.png (https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5572/14501146834_f6b1573354_o.png)

Xunthrae
2014-06-25, 12:47 AM
At the question of drink, Solenia shoves herself against the gate, slamming it shut behind the bandits, and begins to reach back and pull out her spear.

[roll0]=Initiative
Closed the door, but she doesn't have the spear out yet, That'll be next round since she doesn't have 1 BAB yet and can't do it as apart of a move action :smallsmile:

Icilia
2014-06-25, 01:39 AM
Still smiling, Max takes a few steps back, grasp his holy symbol and mutters a chant before a glowing light emeniates out, protectively surrounding him.

Inititave: [roll0]
Max moves back, and casts Shield of Faith on himself

Anorin
2014-06-25, 08:42 AM
The twang of a bow was all that announced Adula's presence as the arrow streaked through the air, towards one of the brigands.

Umm, heads up, I usually choose not to do any modifiers to the d20 rolling formula, because for some reason I've never rolled above a 10 when the modifiers are attached to the formula. Lemme know if this drives you crazy and I'll put the modifiers in.

Initiative: [roll0] this'll be a +6

Bow Attack on Bottom Right Bandit (only one she has clear line of sight on): [roll1] This'll be a +7 with Favored enemy and such.
Damage: [roll2]

LordHavelock
2014-06-25, 11:29 AM
At the mention of drink, Konrad's smile briefly flickers to life before fading entirely, as he raises two fingers to his lips and whistles out a sharp clear note that echoes throughout the post. Immediately, Harbinger bursts into view from the stable, raring into the air as he snorts and neighs, just over a hundred stones (1300lbs) of rippling muscled warhorse, who with a curt gesture from his master towards the hooded leader with the bow, charges forward immediately upon touching the ground once more, savagely barreling into the lead bandit with reckless abandon. With Harbinger now firmly between himself and his quarry, Konrad doesn't wait a second before swinging himself up into the saddle, drawing his cavalry hammer from his shoulder in the same smooth motion, and bringing it down in a wide arc from above along his steed's right side, the brutal head of the maul spelling destruction for whatever might be in it's way.

Initiative: [roll0]
Harbinger Charges 15ft straight forward to square northwest of hooded bandit: Attack (Bite) [roll1], Damage [roll2]
Konrad draws his Earthbreaker and Attacks the Hooded Bandit: [roll3]], Damage: [roll4]

TachyonBlade
2014-06-25, 03:52 PM
Zarus reached into his spell component pouch upon the mention of a drink, and pulled out a stick of butter, which seemed awkward for such a situation, but certainly wasn't truly that bad. He enclosed his fist, causing the butter to disappear, and reappear as grease on top of one of the three bandits in the back, specifically the one closest to Zarus.

[roll0]

Initiative

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

Spell DC: 10+1+ 4

Odentin
2014-06-25, 08:24 PM
It is all very sudden. As soon as the signal words leave Max's mouth, Solenia's shoulder is on the gate, muscling it forward until it slams shut. All of the bandits spin to look at the source of the noise, including the hooded man, leaving himself wide open for Harbinger's attack, which leaves a bloody trail streaming down his arm. Meanwhile, one of the other bandits' reactionary turn leaves him a prime target for Adula, whose arrow impacts the man's chest, just above his heart. Unfortunately, the arrow catches in his armor, and doesn't manage to penetrate very deeply. Still reeling from the sudden attack, the bandit closest to the stables is unable to maintain his footing as a thick layer of grease appears over the ground, and he falls onto his back while Max casts his defensive spell.

Once the bandits regain their composure, though, they are rather quick on the draw. The two standing bandits make a quick dash to team up on Solenia while she's isolated from the rest of the group, though only one makes contact. The hooded man grabs the reins of his horse and pulls it while he steps back, away from the gathered group members. He then follows with a shot at Konrad. Finally, the greasy bandit crawls out of the spell area and stands, growling in frustration.

Bandit 2: 22
Bandit 3: 21
Happs Bydon: 21
Bandit 1: 20
Solenia: 18
Konrad: 17
Adula: 14
Zarus: 8
Max: 7
Happs Bydon takes 7 damage.
Bandit 3 takes 3 damage.

Bandit 3 charge: [roll0] vs Solenia
Damage: [roll1]

Bandit 2 attack: [roll2] vs Solenia
Damage: [roll3]

Happs Bydon
Handle Animal: [roll4]
Attack: [roll5] vs Konrad
Damage: [roll6]
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3851/14322615017_3e9a7e1d90_o.png (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3851/14322615017_3e9a7e1d90_o.png)

Xunthrae
2014-06-25, 08:50 PM
Solenia growls at the one that struck her and tries to move to a safer range carefully, though not careful enough. Even as she moves she can tell she left herself open to attack. Once safely between the building and the wall, Solenia turns and gets into a defensive stance. She'll keep these two busy while the others are finished off.

Attempted acrobatics check (11) to avoid AOO's.
move diagonally right and up, then right twice.
[roll0] *Ignore this*
Total defense actions AC 17 for this round.

Icilia
2014-06-26, 01:30 AM
Smiling cheerfully, Max draws his rapier with one hand, and with his other hand still on his holy symbol, he utters a short chant. Upon the completion of his chant, Max smiles gleefully as he rapidly grows in height and size, soon standing at eleven feet tall.

Move action to draw his weapon. Standard to cast enlarge person. AC is still currently a 15 for nine more rounds, enlarge person for ten.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-26, 07:53 PM
Zarus grinned once more, as he pulled out a candle and a small bag from his spell components pouch. The poor bandit was having such a rough time, aww. But wait, there was more! Using the arcane power of the world around him, he tore open a small slit in the plane, to draw in a rather large rat, right behind the bandit leader, and let it go wild.

Summon Monster 1

DC: 10+4+1

Dire rat (Celestial alignment)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., scent; Perception +4
DEFENSES
AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 size)
hp 5 [7] (1d8+1) [1d8+3]
Fort +3 [+5], Ref +5, Will +1
SR 5
Celestial - Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5
Fiendish - Resist Cold and Fire 5
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
Melee bite +1 [+3] (1d4 [1d4+2] plus disease)
Special Attacks disease, Smite evil/good
STATISTICS
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 4
Base Atk +0; CMB -1 [+1]; CMD 12 [14] (16 [18] vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Climb +11, Perception +4, Stealth +11, Swim +11; Racial Modifiers uses Dex to modify Climb and Swim
Filth fever: Bite—injury; save Fort DC 11 [13]; onset 1d3 days; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Dex damage and 1d3 Con damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Smite evil/good

1/day as a swift action (adds CHA bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+1) against evil/good foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial/fiendish creature rests).

Anorin
2014-06-26, 08:35 PM
Adula raced across the walkway, trying to get a better angle, when she saw the leader over the shoulder of one of his horses. He was trying to position another horse between him and Konrad, but that left him oblivious to her.

"Bad move human." Adula whispered as she notched an arrow, brought fletching to ear and released, straight for the bandit leader.

Attack Roll (See OOC)

Damage: [roll0]

Odentin
2014-06-26, 11:01 PM
Konrad sneered as the hooded bandit moved back, putting his horse between further threat and to shield himself while he readied his bow. Already considering another swing from his warhammer to bring down the ruffian for good, Konrad was suddenly distracted by the sight of Solenia now outnumbered and facing down two of bandits only lightly armed and armored as she was. He would be loath to admit any more romantic drive or notions which then spurred him to action, but with a coarse shout directed at the horse whose reins the bandit held, the beast was convinced it best not to be between the armored knight and his quarry. A path now cleared, Konrad and Harbinger moved deftly around the patch of magical grease conjured by Zarus, riding right past the no doubt surprised bandit leader, as Konrad swung his cavalry hammer in an uppercut strike as Harbinger's momentum carried him right past, vaulting over the leads of the wagon to rear up before the two bandits previously threatening Solenia, now trapped between the closed gate and the towering, maul wielding knight.

Odentin
2014-06-26, 11:07 PM
As the bandits converge on brave Solenia, she bravely runs away away, though she takes another gash from a sword as she does. Konrad, seeing his former lover in peril, guides Harbinger through the maze of horses, giving Happs a good smack along the way. As he rides up, towering over the two bandits near the gate, Adula makes her way down the walkway until she has Happs in her sight, and swiftly puts an arrow in his back. Seeing his boss fall, the greased bandit throws down his weapon and raises his arms into the air, calling out a surrender. The two standing in Harbinger and Konrad's shadow look at each other a moment before doing the same.

Solenia takes 2 damage.

Happs Bydon is at -1 and bleeding out.
All three bandits surrender.

Combat over. 161 XP each.
Max and Zarus keep their spells, as combat ends before their turns.

Oleg is quick to make his way past the horses to the door of his home. He knocks in a certain pattern, then calls out for Svetlana to bring rope. Seconds later, she emerges, carrying a length of hempen rope. In a few minutes, all of the bandits are bound up and relieved of their gear. Oleg turns to the group with a nod, "Thank you. Really, thank you. You've done me a great service here today. For as long as you're out here doing your mapping, you can stay here for free. Meals and stabling, too. An' I'd like you to have these, too."

He gives the group a small pouch, containing 2 potions of Cure Light Wounds, a potion of Shield of Faith (+2), and 50gp.

"Anything you don't want off these punks, I'll take. Dunno what you plan on doing with 'em, though. Only good bandit's a dead bandit..."

The spoils are as follows:
4 suits of leather armor
3 longbows
1 composite longbow (+2 str)
79 arrows
3 short swords
1 dagger
8 days worth of trail rations
65gp

6 rather spooked horses
4 riding saddles
2 pack saddles

Happs is wearing a strange silver amulet in the shape of a stag's skull.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-27, 06:56 AM
Zarus sighed as he felt that the combat was over. He looked over everything, and said "But we're not done yet. Theres a camp more of them, isn't there? Soon enough, they'll send people to find out what happened to these folk here... We'll have to take care of the camp, and it would be best if we did it soon. The element of surprise would be nice to have."

Anorin
2014-06-27, 08:14 AM
"No," she corrects Oleg gently as she tests the resistance of her new composite longbow, perfect.

"There are two types of good bandits, the dead ones... and those you can sell to the authorities, specifically the group that's coming up behind us."

She looks to the bandits, "Might wanna start telling us what you're worth alive."

Adula nods at Zarus's words, "We'll need to clean up eventually, I see no reason not to start."

Odentin
2014-06-27, 10:57 AM
The three bandits look at Adula with very different expressions, "I aint telling you sh¡t!"

"Speak for yourself, man! I don't wanna fμckin' die!"

"Well what do you think Kressle is gonna do when she finds out you talked?!"

"Yeah...but...crap, you're right..."

"Just keep quiet, you idiots!"

I'm gonna need some social rolls if you want any information out of them.

Adula Survival: [roll0]
Adula is almost positive she can follow the horses' tracks in this terrain.

LordHavelock
2014-06-27, 10:57 AM
Konrad dismounts only once all the bandits have been disarmed and tied up. "Your thanks are welcome Oleg, and and your generous offer of reward." Konrad makes a point of accepting the potions and small purse of gold on behalf of his other compatriots. "Is anyone keen to tend to their leader?" He asks, "If there's any of them worth interrogating, it's likely that fellow in the hood that's lead them here."

The Chelish knight makes a point of speaking plainly in front of the other bandits to make a point to them of just how much he sees their lives as worth, before he turns to the task of apportioning their no doubt ill-gotten gear and goods. Reflecting on both Zarus and Adula's words he turns to each in their turn, counting out ten gold pieces from the leather purse of the reward offered by Oleg. "You're too right Zarus, the sooner their camp and the real villain behind their pillaging is dealt with, the better, and anything to ensure a swift victory will be of assistance." Moving then to Adula, he continues, "An interrogation should be our first order of business, to discern what these blaggards can tell us about their 'friends'." He sneered at the cowardly thugs, even quicker to surrender as they had been to prey upon the Levetons. "From there . . . Justice can be served most expediently."

Konrad almost makes a point of not looking at Solenia following the skirmish, knowing full well how she'd take any attempts to coddle or act as nurse to her, even with her injuries at the hands of the bandits. His riding cross the grounds to force their conflict with him, rather than the druidess was all he would allow himself.

Anorin
2014-06-27, 11:10 AM
"Tell me wha-- oh!"

Adula breaks down laughing, it's almost a full five seconds before she regains her composure.

"GODS! You thought I was asking where your camp is?! I can follow six horses led by you three blindfolded! I was asking if Brevoy would pay anything for you!"

She bends and starts binding the bandit leader's wounds, making sure he doesn't bleed out, he's probably worth the most.

She motioned to Konrad. "But if you want to tell Sir Konrad there anything that might make him decide not to either put you to the Question or kill you, by all means."

Odentin
2014-06-27, 11:16 AM
Before any of them can answer, Oleg clears his throat, "There's a four-hundred gold bounty for anyone who can reduce bandit activity. It doesn't give any names, though."

He points to the wall of the guest quarters, where the group slept last night. Hanging on a wooden jobs' board are four wanted posters, one of which has been posted for bandit activity.

LordHavelock
2014-06-27, 11:28 AM
Konrad can't help but chuckle a bit at Adula's reaction himself, "Good to know we have such an able man-hunter in our number." He says, offering her a brief smile before he nods to Oleg and takes a survey of the other wanted posters.

After parsing out which jobs seem likely prospects, he makes a brief appraisal of the bandit's gear, selecting for himself one of the longbows and a quiver of 20 arrows, setting aside their gold and rations to be apportioned, ignoring the leathers and smaller blades till he comes to the silver stag ornament, lifting and eyeing the piece carefully. Setting it aside for appraisal later, he proceeds to drag the assembled bandits away wordlessly. One to the stables, the other to the shed, and the last inside the bunkhouse.

Anorin
2014-06-27, 12:44 PM
Adula whistles when she hears the amount, but then her brow furrows. The leader was still bleeding out, despite her efforts. Aren't people supposed to stop bleeding when you tie bandages around the wound?

"Erm, Max? Little help?"

Odentin
2014-06-27, 01:04 PM
Happs is bleeding out, slowly. Adula can't tell, but he actually is mostly stable.

He's stable, with -3 HP.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-27, 01:47 PM
Zarus hummed as he walked in a circle around the bound guards. None of the items recovered really interested him, as they weren't exactly things he could easily use. The gold didn't interest him, the weapons didn't, and the jewelry and armor didn't interest him in any way. "I think I'll pass on the gold, because its not like I need it... But how about this, give my share of the gold to Oleg and family, or their kindness to us..."

LordHavelock
2014-06-27, 01:52 PM
Konrad looks from Zarus with a bit of surprise before regarding Oleg, arching an eyebrow. "What would you say to that Master Leveton? If you'd prefer not to think of it as charity, you may instead consider Zarus to be offering you his share of the spoils of victory. You did after all take the strength to stand against your foe, face them openly and would be deserving of the reward you offered us for dispatching them at least as much as us." Konrad catches himself embellishing somewhat, but realizes it's also an attempt to draw out Oleg's own sense of self-sufficiency and strength.

Odentin
2014-06-27, 02:12 PM
Oleg snarls at Zarus' offer and Konrad's attempt to soften it, "It IS bloody charity and I won't take it. Don't insult me, boy! Take your damn coin. If you really want to part with it, I'll bring out my stock and you can buy something."

TachyonBlade
2014-06-27, 02:17 PM
Oleg snarls at Zarus' offer and Konrad's attempt to soften it, "It IS bloody charity and I won't take it. Don't insult me, boy! Take your damn coin. If you really want to part with it, I'll bring out my stock and you can buy something."

Zarus raised his eyes, and looked at Konrad, and then realized what he'd done. "Err, alright.. I didn't mean it like that, but alright... What do you have up for sale?"

Xunthrae
2014-06-27, 02:24 PM
Solenia was glad when the bandits stood down. She wasn't in the best of positions during the fight. She lets the others talk, taking these few moments to regain her composure. The cuts hurt, but she could deal with it for now, they'd be fine in a few days.

She let the others set aside her share of the winnings, She'd get them later. Right now she is going to help Konrad get the information they need. She knew her appearance could be somewhat off-putting for people. The whole tattooed wild person look. She liked being somewhat off putting to regular folk.

"Want some backup with the bandits? Having a second person leering at them while playing with a weapon may loosen their tongue a bit more than just one person." She winked her left eye and flashed a smile, before taking out one of her bone daggers.

LordHavelock
2014-06-27, 02:55 PM

Oleg's sudden derision, directed at both him and Zarus is almost a comfort to Konrad, and he laughs in response, instead apportioning out the gold as they had arranged before, twenty three pieces to each, and upon coming to Solenia, proffers her the silver stag amulet as well. "Mean anything to you? It's not wholly unlike the symbol of faith you wear on your armor." The knight notes, though one holy symbol is largely as much alike as the next to his untrained eyes.

At her offer of help in interrogating, he nods and grins, cracking his knuckles through his gauntlets and turning firstly to the bunkhouses with Solenia just behind him to begin. Whether scared witless, or acting dumb, he proves to be of little use, as well as the third in the storehouse, who remains tightlipped and sullen, despite the pressure Solenia and Konrad each apply in turn.

The second however, tied to one of the posts in the stables, proves more forthcoming, as Konrad lifts him into the air and pins him against the post with both hands, proffering him up as knife throwing practice while Solenia balances her bone dagger on her palm and toys with it menacingly. "You slovenly scum, that's all you're good for, not even worth the noose your thieving companions will be swinging from this time tomorrow." He barks, before pulling him in close to glare straight through him, growling out in a slightly lower voice, "If you're half the coward I think you are and spill your guts right now, maybe we'll be able to convince the magistrate back in Brevoy your sorry neck wasn't worth a rope. Now, besides that cur bleeding out in the yard, whose this Kressle ringleader of yours? Where do she and the other bandits who've been harassing these folks make camp? How often do you patrol the roads, the forest, everywhere?! I want answers, and I want them . . . now!"

Icilia
2014-06-27, 04:42 PM
After the rush of combat, Max is only slightly disappointed that he couldn't join in. Shrugging to himself, he's glad that no one got hurt. On his team. He thinks. He quickly checks the hooded man, to make sure he doesn't die, then checks the rest of the party. Once he reaches Solenia, Max tries to get Solenia to hold still for a few moments to tend to her wounds.

Heal check on Happs: [roll0]
Spontaneous casting of Cure Light Wounds on Solenia: [roll1]

Odentin
2014-06-27, 05:32 PM
Maximus can tell pretty quickly that Happs has already mostly stabilized, though a quick bit of work ensures that he won't bleed out in his own. Max can guess that Happs will wake up sometime tomorrow, assuming no one slits his throat before then.

While Konrad and Solenia interrogate the bandits, Oleg and Svetlana bring out the contents of their stock for Zarus' perusal, placing the items on the tables.

1 suit leather armor
1 heavy wood shield
2 hand axes
5 javelins
1 longbow
24 arrows
1 scythe
2 spears
2 vials of antitoxin
6 torches
2 weeks of trail rations

The second bandit, who complained earlier about not wishing to die (and the same one that bears a bloodstain on his upper left chest from Adula's arrow) spills as much as he can think of.

"Kressle is the boss. She answers to the Stag Lord, and no one else. Our camp is a couple miles into the woods, near the Thorn river. There's eight more there, plus Kressle, but half of them are usually out hunting or patrolling at all times. We're never all there at the same time. They've got watch posts in the trees, hidden. I can lead you there, if you want..."

LordHavelock
2014-06-27, 06:03 PM
'Stag Lord . . . ?' Konrad muses for a moment, remembering the stag-skull pendant he had retrieved and given to Solenia, thinking it to have some spiritual significance. He doesn't let anything resembling surprise though show on his features through the interrogation.

"Who is this 'Stag Lord' some up-jumped purse-cutter like you with delusions at nobility?" At the suggestion that the brigand himself might act as their guide he snorts derisively and drops him down to the mucky floor of the stable and turns his slams his gauntleted fist into the wooden post a hairsbreadth from the soon to be ex-bandit. "No." He says quietely, but sternly as he leans over the bandit without stooping to his level. "I don't think that will be necessary. Adula there seems eager to feather your fellow scum with arrows, and is an able tracker besides. At any rate, I'm to understand that dead men don't make the best of guides." His tone is mirthless and merciless all at once, a cold condemnation free of his previous menace or anything resembling malice. To Konrad, judgement was pronounced when first this man arrived with fellow bandits, whatever might have led him to such a miserable existence before is irrelevant. He participated in regular and unrepentant banditry, and in Konrad's mind, the actual execution of that judgement is simply a formality. The poor wretch is already dead, whatever his heartbeat and panicked breathing might say to the contrary.

Leaving the stables with nary a glance backwards, he nods and smiles his appreciation of Solenia's help, before approaching Maximus, Adula, Zarus, and Oleg to report what he has learned.

"Their camp is close the Thorne river, their main force, including the woman who first threatened you and yours Master Leveton, by the name of Kressle." He remarks, before Adula's bow catches his eye, and that she has traded her own for one followed by the critically wounded bandit in the hood. Her own still looks of appreciably better make than those carried by the other bandits, and he picks it up from the pile, and curtly gestures to the taciturn half-elf as to whether he can keep it before continuing. "If Adula is confident in her ability to track them there, we can leave as soon as we're packed, and use their own horses to make up the difference in time. I trust Oleg, you won't mind if we take," He does a quick count, "four of the horses to serve as mounts and an extra for supplies? We need expect at most nine such outlaws, including this Kressle. She apparently answers to someone else though, called the 'Stag Lord' whoever that is."

Odentin
2014-06-27, 06:43 PM
"I dunno who he is, man. I just know he's the big boss in the woods. Brought all the bandits under him, made himself a nice little army. Supposed to have a fort somewhere down south, but I've never been there..."

Once Konrad makes it clear that cooperating isn't going to save his life, the bandit refuses to answer any more questions.

Anorin
2014-06-27, 06:44 PM
"Thanks Max," she says when he takes over the bandit leader's care.

"How much for one of those vials?" Adula asks Oleg indicating the anti-toxin as Konrad emerges.

When Konrad picks up her bow, she nods, "As a loan, sure, just don't sell it." She adds.

When he asks if she can follow the trail, she looks him in the eye.

She wants to say, Am I certain I can follow 4 humans who weren't good enough to be highwaymen on a major road while they towed two horses through river lands? No Konrad, I spontaneously went deaf and blind while you were interrogating the bandits. Dumb too, but the gods healed me of that affliction quickly! There was a Solar involved, should've seen him.

Instead, she just says, "Yes."

Upon mention of the Stag Lord she shrugs, "No name I've heard, Zarus? Max?"

Odentin
2014-06-27, 06:46 PM
"Fifty gold each."

All the stuff listed is full price.

Icilia
2014-06-27, 06:54 PM
"Stag Lord? Absolutely no clue. Could be the leader of the deer maybe?"

Max pauses to laugh at his own hilarious joke.

"Seriously though, I've got no idea. If I think of anything, I'll tell you. What do you plan to do with the this lot, Mr Konrad? The one with the hood shouldn't wake up until tomorrow."

Kn(Religion) roll: [roll0]

Odentin
2014-06-27, 06:59 PM
The Stag Lord isn't any religious figure Max has ever heard of, and the pendant doesn't look like any holy (or unholy) symbol has ever come across.

Anorin
2014-06-27, 07:11 PM
"Too rich for me at the moment." She says with a frown, "I'll be back."

She rejoins the others. Ready to mount up and move when they are.

Xunthrae
2014-06-27, 08:06 PM
Solenia looked at the amulet, and shrugged. "I've got nothin', who knows what the 'stag lord' is trying to set-up with that kinda name." She rolled her eyes at the name. Even she thought it was a pretentious name, and she's a druid.

She thanked the healer for easing her wounds slightly. She was fine as she was, but she won't begrudge any magical healing. "Well, I'm ready to go." She says while stroking a horses neck.

Odentin
2014-06-27, 08:19 PM
As the group prepares to leave, Oleg approaches them, away from Svetlana, "Hey. If you're going after the bandits, especially that axe woman, I've got one more favor to ask of you. First time they came, she took Lana's wedding ring. Took it right off her hand. Now, Lana says it don't matter much, but I know my wife. It's tearing her up inside. If you find it, I'll give you a thousand gold worth of credit here at the post. With the bandits taken care of, I should be getting new stock in pretty regular. It's brass, just a simple band with a single pearl set in it, and Lana's name etched on the inside. Can ya keep an eye out for it?"

I'll need 3 survival checks, please.

LordHavelock
2014-06-28, 01:33 AM
Konrad nods to Adula, oblivious even to the sound of her sub-textual tirade even as is whooshes right over his head. With no one able to offer any more insight on this 'Stag Lord' Konrad frowns at nothing or no-one in particular (except perhaps Maximus and his joke), but states his agreement that they should move out post-haste: "Fine then, we can mount up and will follow your lead . . . Adula." The chelish armiger pauses briefly over what honorific to apply to the half-elf. It was not simply a question of her station (as she seemed by all accounts to be of low-birth, a fact he did not disparage, as much as it might otherwise color his behavior), but also her lineage, as in Westcrown Konrad had had little to no dealings with elves, let alone half-elves and knew of them only by reputation as wily confidence artists and who lied easily and refused most forms of honest contest. Adula however had already put most of that prejudice and hearsay out of his mind however. She was quiet, respectful of others privacy, even terse (in the sort of way Konrad himself was as likely to be at any given time), and moreover she was clearly a capable combatant. She used a bow, but not like some peasant pressed into service, or even a soldier (professional archers being a poor sort of soldier to his mind anyway). No, she used the bow like a true hunter, or huntress rather, and applied it with a lethality he could not deny; he had to admit there was a certain elegance to it as well, the shaft of the arrow mirroring his own favored weapon, the lance, with bow and string serving in place of a steed. Certainly she seemed as attached to the weapon she now allowed him to use as Konrad was to Harbinger, and suddenly he felt as though simply having the bow loaned to him was not enough.

At the mention of the price for anti-toxin, Konrad immediately drew his coin-purse out once more and poured out the fifty pieces for a vial of anti-toxin. It was as prudent a precaution as any, and what's more . . . "Adula, would you carry this for me?" he asked, proffering the vial to her, "You seem handier about the healing arts than I, and," He moved a bit closer and did his best to whisper, but had never quite been able to master the art for some reason, "I'd trust someone who has dealt with wounds in combat a bit more than Master Alehouse." Konrad used Maximus's surname as if it more succinctly explained why he should prefer Adula carry the anti-toxin more than anything else.

Apparently considering the matter settled from there, he readied himself to depart, stowing his gear, the newly acquired bow and arrows on his saddle, as well as his hammer, keeping his lance slung across his back and sword at his side, his shield over one shoulder. It was only in placing his helm that he became conscious of Oleg's more subtle approach and upon his request for the return of his wife's ring nodded in the affirmative. "A momento like that does not belong as part of some bandits ill-gotten gains any more than our own spoils in victory. Your offer of credit is as good as gold Master Leveton, and I will consider it a bounty as worthy as any of those others posted." Then a bit louder, "Good fortune for you and your wife, till next we meet."

Icilia
2014-06-28, 04:50 AM
Max shrugs at the idea of continuing and climbs into his saddle, pulling in behind the groups apparent defacto leader. Big knight, big horse, big lance; tiny...

"After you Ms Adula, Mr Konrad, Mr and or Ms whoever is leading. Titles are confusing."

"Fair well Master Oleg! We shall return with you wife's ring as soon as we can."

As a final thought, Max sighs at missing out a good stop.

"So, anyone got a good story to pass the time?"

TachyonBlade
2014-06-28, 08:00 AM
Zarus grabbed one of the horses, something he'd for now, as his proper spell for summoning a mount wasn't perfected yet. Shame he'd have to use such a mundane method, but it was always best.

He looked at Max, and said "I might. Its about back when I was an apprentice, and ended up pissing off two different Hellknight Order posts in the city. I learned that Hellknights do not appreciate grease in their parades, and they are also not very fond of pranks. I can tell the whole thing, if you like."

Anorin
2014-06-28, 11:06 AM
Adula looks at the vial for a moment, then nods, "thanks, I'll hold onto it." Quid pro quo, she puts the vial in her belt pouch.

She doesn't mention that Max's age probably meant he'd seen more combat than the two of them combined.

She mounts a horse thinking that he needs a name as she places a bit of pressure on his flanks. "Solenia, take point with me?"

Adula knew a hunter when she saw one and if they were hunting anything besides humans, Solenia might be even better than Adula. However, Adula had hunted humans for a decade now and when she spied a pile of horse **** about two hundred down the road, she knew these were particularly sloppy.

When she hears about Lana's wedding ring, Adula nods. He could've honestly just asked them to keep an eye out for it and Adula probably would've returned it. The man had been more helpful than he probably knew, Not many people could've gotten Adula and her company this close to 400 gold.

Adula made no response to the offer of a story, she tried to keep her ears on the road in front of them, but stories were always a weakness of hers. Whenever she and Bor had camped for the night, it was a story that put her to sleep... that or sheer exhaustion.

I suggest this story either be told in one big post or off screen since I'm pretty sure Odentin will wanna move us forward soon

Also, I forgot about track Adula's at a +9 not a +8.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-28, 11:29 AM
Zarus nodded a bit, as he tried to remember the exact details, and begun his story. "Well, when I was an apprentice scholar, a decade or so back, I had become quite obsessed with causing trouble with the Hellknights, because of a certain one causing hell with my libraries and sources. Aside from the accusations of thievery, also, of course. But in any case, my wrath against the local order reached an all time high, when they started bringing slaves in, and then using them as sacrifices to summon infernal crapbaskets. I was only annoyed at them, because those summonings would really disturb my sleep, and that was kind of hurting my studies in turn. Wasn't the funnest of places to be living, I'll say."

Zarus grinned at his memories of the stuff that he did, and then continued. "Of course, me being the vengeance-taking, teenage, arrogant boy with Elsium knowing how many impulses, I decided to take revenge on them. Yeah, hindsight truly is 20/20, isn't it? Because taking out my anger on a powerful order of knights, even if they were of a local and isolationist kind, was a terrible idea."

"Five days of planning later, I'd grabbed my father's spellbook, deciphered it (which also took a week of effort after all the planning), and then proceeded to sneak into the order's pantry from the backyard, every so often, put grease all over their food, and get out. I could have done far more damage, but well, I could BARELY understand any of the magic in my father's spellbook, and had to do it with only one spell that was in the front of the book, and wasn't properly hidden."

"Inevitably, the Order started with its manhunts, out to find some "infidel" or "enemy" in their midst, which ended up with them clashing with a rival Order, which also ended up with a helluva a lot of annoyances and property damage. They never suspected me, and never found me. So, the Order's were both pulled out of the city, and thrown out into... somewhere, I dunno..."

Zarus continued grinning, and tapped the head of his new horse, very slightly. "Slightly small, but well, I'm no storyteller."

Odentin
2014-06-28, 01:27 PM
Even with Zarus chattering away behind her, Adula is more than able to keep a good sight on the tracks. The bandits were, indeed, far from careful. They weren't expecting any resistance at the trading post, and they weren't expecting an expert tracker to be following them back. Within an hour, they hit the treeline, finding the small campsite Happs and his crew used the night before. From there, the tracks become slightly more difficult to follow, but still no challenge at all for Adula.

Tracking the horses through the forest takes significantly more time, the undergrowth hiding some tracks while the presence of natural game tracks obscures the path even more. It takes several hours, but in time, the path leads to the Thorn river and follows its northern bank southeast. The softer ground here makes it far easier to follow the tracks. Anyone could follow this trail, Adula is sure.

Just before sunset, Adula notices the tracks take a sharp turn north, along a trail following a small creek that feeds into the Thorn.

Anorin
2014-06-28, 09:18 PM
Adula dismounts and studies the tracks, she looks up the creek. "We're close."

She stands, "Creek for water, trees for cover, think this might be our best bet."

"Let's find a place to tie the horses that'll run during a fight, and see if we can take out their sentries."

Icilia
2014-06-29, 06:17 AM
"So, what's the plan then? About all I have is a single spell left. It'll make you bigger and stronger, but otherwise, not much from me."

Anorin
2014-06-29, 09:33 AM
"I can scout ahead," Adula offers. "Pick out the sentries, if they even keep a watch."

She says that last with disgust, they hadn't done even a fair job of hiding their trail, she doubted their watch would be any better.

Xunthrae
2014-06-29, 12:34 PM
"It may not be best for you to go alone. Would you like me to accompany you, just in case?" Solenia asks, She doesn't wholly mind either way, but she would really like no one in their group to die today.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-29, 01:03 PM
Zarus hummed, and then said "I say we do it, stealthily. Kill em in their sleep, or set their camp on fire, then end them. We cannot take them all head-on. And even better would be to do it tomorrow, because it would give us all time to recharge."

LordHavelock
2014-06-29, 02:00 PM
"We could set up camp a ways back up and off the trail I suppose . . ." Konrad says in response to Zarus's suggestion. "Attack at dawn, after we've had a chance to rest? It would mean risking discovery though and an ambush by the bandits. Not to mention a night's rest without the benefit of a fire or much else by way of preparations. The bandit who spoke up, did confess that there were usually half their number on patrol or the like during the day, however."

Mulling it all over for a moment to himself, Konrad feels the nagging desire for combat wear on him. More than anything he would rather face his foes now, on open field and charge them down, and to him victory in a battle not-fought is no victory at all. "Solenia, Adula, you should scout ahead, see what you can discern of their camp and their number and advise us. Maximus, Zarus, and myself will hobble the horses off the trail here. If anything goes amiss, we will be ready to come to your assistance."

Anorin
2014-06-29, 04:13 PM
"A man who sows alone reaps alone." Adula whispers, quoting one of Bor's favorite Parables in response to Solenia's question.

She listens to Konrad and Zarus, "We'll scout ahead and report back if we can. Listen for shouts."

She nods to Solenia, "When you're ready."

Odentin
2014-06-30, 10:56 AM
Leaving their more noisy compatriots to mind the horses, Adula and Solenia begin sneaking up the path towards the suspected bandit camp. About sixty feet from the river shore, the ladies see a broken down wagon sitting in the middle of the trail and hear voices and laughter coming from the northeast. A little bit closer, they notice two hidden watchposts in the trees, and the bandit guards hiding within them. Unfortunately, Adula's focus on the wagon and voices leads her to step on a rather dry branch, causing a loud snap. Both bandits look for the source of the noise, but only one seems to catch sight of the unlucky huntress.

Click to see full size.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3846/14543504895_507e8c7b02_o.png (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3846/14543504895_507e8c7b02_o.png)

Initiative. Both of you can see the bandits at 6L and 23H, but only the one at 23H can see you, so the two of you and 23H get to act in the surprise round.

Everyone else: You are 50' from the edge of the map, and you don't know combat is happening, yet. You should be able to join in on round 1, though you'll have to move in order to do so.

Odentin
2014-06-30, 03:48 PM
Before Adula or Solenia can react, the bandit hurls what appears to be a small stone at them. As it strikes the ground several yards from them, it erupts with a thunderous crack. From the northeast, shouts and scuffling can be heard, presumably from the other bandits as they prepare for battle.

Adula and Solenia still have their surprise action before the first round begins. Post 2 actions, I guess?

I'll update the map when I get home.

LordHavelock
2014-06-30, 04:46 PM
Konrad hear's the sudden thunderous sound and not recognizing it as anything Adula or Solenia might have conjured to draw their attention, presumes that the alarm has been raised with their quarry. "Zarus!" He calls out, swinging into the saddle and, "Go to their assistance, confound our foes however you can. Maximus, with me!"

He extends his hand to pull Maximus into the saddle, even as Harbinger champs at the bit, cantering anxiously back and forth towards the path they sighted before.

[roll0]

Anorin
2014-06-30, 06:23 PM
Adula's sharp intake of breath is cut short, when the bandit throws a rock and the rock explodes. Amateur, sloppy, sloppy amateur, Bor'd have your head.

But she doesn't even look at the bandit who had spotted them, instead, she notches an arrow and aims for the fool still navel gazing north of them.

Then she bursts into motion, coming beside the wagon, and picking her target.

Adula will spend her surprise round attacking the bandit at L6, then she'll move to F4 and if L6 is still up she'll shoot him again, I think that one would be in pointblank range, if not she'll shoot at the other bandit in the lookout.

Attack1:[roll0] This is at a +7
Damage:[roll1]

Attack2:[roll2] This is at a +7 or a +8
Damage:[roll3]

TachyonBlade
2014-06-30, 06:48 PM
Zarus quickly nodded in return to what Konrad asked of him, and quickly rush towards the others to assist them. Sadly, he wasn't in tip top shape with spells, but he had enough to whoop arse. "I'mma comin'!", he whispered to himself.

Xunthrae
2014-06-30, 07:26 PM
Solenia reacted quickly to the thunderous sound and chants a quick incantation, moving her hands just so to bring forth the wrath of the plants in the path of the approaching bandits. She then moves to behind the cart and casts a spell, asking for minor aid from the spirits of nature.

Surprise round: Casts entangle at j23, top right corner as the center.

First action: Move to D7 and casts Guidance.

Icilia
2014-06-30, 09:25 PM
Heeding Konrad's orders, Max runs over to Harbinger and Konrad, accepting the helping hand as Max climbs up into the saddle. May as well get straight into the middle of it all

Init was a 4. That is just horrible. Again.

Ride: [roll0] maybe a +2 if konrad is assisting

Odentin
2014-06-30, 09:37 PM
Almost as soon as the thunderstone goes off, Solenia casts her spell, causing an area around one of the trees to become overgrown. Adula, meanwhile, lines up a perfect shot and ends the second lookout's miserable life.

From the fire pit, two bandits come running, only to get caught up in the entangling vines that Solenia conjured.

The living sentry sends an arrow Adula's way, though the shot goes wide by several feet. She and Solenia move forward, and the huntress puts another arrow through the man's throat.

As the rest of the group arrives, the apparent leaders of the bandits make their entrances. One is easily recognizable as the "axe woman" the Leveton's spoke of, hacking her way through the underbrush. Zarus and Konrad, though, recognize the other as he flies over the overgrowth and lands on a fallen log. It's difficult, without his foppish disguise, but the magus who assaulted their caravan on the trip from Cheliax now stands before them.

http://www.ericmgregg.com/Kingmaker/images/2/29/Kressle.jpghttp://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r281/Demonicloki/image-5.jpg

Bandit 4: 24
Bandit 3: 20
Solenia: 17
Zarus: 15
Magus: 5
Max: 4
Konrad: 4
Kressle: 3
Bandt 2: [roll0] Nevermind. :smalltongue:
Bandit 3: [roll1]
Bandit 4: [roll2]
Kressle: [roll3]
Magus: [roll4]

Attack: [roll5] vs Anorin
Damage: [roll6]

B3 Reflex: [roll7]
B4 Reflex: [roll8]

Click for full size.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3837/14364773740_4a149cd462_o.png (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3837/14364773740_4a149cd462_o.png)

TachyonBlade
2014-06-30, 11:09 PM
Zarus immediately recognized the bandit leader as the bugger back from all those days back, in the caravan. He grumbled in utter disdain, "Hello, you smacktalkin' bullheaded jackbooted sunuvagun..."

Odentin
2014-06-30, 11:18 PM
The white-haired man raises his eyebrows questioningly as he approaches, apparently not recognizing Zarus.

TachyonBlade
2014-06-30, 11:47 PM
The white-haired man raises his eyebrows questioningly as he approaches, apparently not recognizing Zarus.

Zarus growled in the way an Umbral Dragon would, except if it was wearing a monocle and drinking tea, before succumbing to annoyance, and pulling out certain materials from his spell components pouch, and using them to rip a tear in the fabric of the Material Plane, allowing a powerful surge of energy to come through, and release upon the world, the terror that is the Dire Rat! But it was still a rat.

A dire rat.

Summon Monster 1

DC: 10+4+1

Dire Rat ( Celestial AugmentSummoning ) CR 1/3
XP 135
N Small animal
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; low-light vision, scent; Perception +4
DEFENSE
hp 10 (1d8+3)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1;
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5; SR 6;
OFFENSE
Melee bite +3 (1d4 plus disease+2)
Space 5 ft.Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks disease; Smite Evil 1/day (swift action, +Cha bonus to attack, +HD bonus to damage; persists until target dead or creature rests).
STATISTICS
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 4;
Base Atk 0; CMB 1; CMD 14
Skills Climb +13, Perception +4, Stealth +11, Swim +13; Racial Modifiers uses Dex to modify Climb and Swim
ECOLOGY
Environment any urban
Organization solitary or pack (2-20)
Treasure none
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Disease (Ex) Filth fever: Bite-injury; save Fort DC 13; onset 1d3 days; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Dex damage and 1d3 Con damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC 2 Constitution-based.

LordHavelock
2014-07-01, 12:22 AM
'The bandit mage from the ambush . . .' Konrad thought, his eyes going wide behind the visor of his helm as he spurred Konrad into the fray. No slew of insults flew from his mouth, rather he sets his jaw in a steely grin of anticipation at running through the cowardly ponce with his lance here and now, twice as much as any of the other bandits, including the axe-wielding woman. For a moment, his thoughts turn to Maximus, in the saddle behind him, knowing that he cannot take a full advantage of Harbinger's speed and strength whilst bearing them both. "Maximus, quickly! That powder-haired fop is a spell-blade Zarus and I fought on the road. We need to flank them, stay with me till we ford the stream and then cast your growth spell, and we'll have them in a pincer!"

Harbinger double moves to J13-14.
Konrad keeps attack readied with lance against the first foe to enter his 10ft reach.

Anorin
2014-07-01, 09:15 AM
Adula took a moment to study both leaders, she didn't know the white haired man, but the woman was obviously Kressel, that woman had caused a lot of pain and looked, to her eyes, the toughest of the two.

Adula notched an arrow and released it for the Kressel.

Attack Roll: [roll0] +7

Icilia
2014-07-01, 09:45 AM
Sitting behind Konrad, Max waits for Konrad to bring the pair within combat range. As soon as he is close enough, Max slides off the back off the horse, and begins to chant to himself. As he completes the incantation, Max quickly grows in size, soon towering over all on the battlefield.

Max waits until Konrad has charged into combat. Then dismounts, and then casts enlarge person.

Odentin
2014-07-02, 12:01 AM
In the northeast, the two bandits caught up in the overgrowth break free and start slogging their way through the brush towards the sounds of combat. Solenia, meanwhile, lines up a shot with her bow and lands a solid hit on Kressle. Zarus begins chanting and Adula attempts to take a shot at Kressle, but loses her grip on the bowstring, causing the arrow to flip and flop off uselessly, and leaving a welt on Adula's forearm.

The white haired magus casts a spell on himself where he stands, but doesn't move as Max and Konrad ride up to square off with him, or even as Max grows to double his height. Meanwhile, Kressle continues hacking away until she breaks free of the spell area and makes her way next to the log on which the magus stands.

Click for full size.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3911/14369334717_5e453339e9_o.png (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3911/14369334717_5e453339e9_o.png)

Kressle takes 6 damage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xunthrae
2014-07-02, 12:05 AM
Solenia lines up a shot at the female leader of the bandits and lets the arrow fly, hoping for the best.

[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Icilia
2014-07-02, 08:39 AM
With Max's now much larger, he draws his rapier and strikes at the unknow magus.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Anorin
2014-07-02, 09:36 AM
Adula rubs the welt on her arm for a split second. Gods I hope no one saw that.

She doesn't wallow for long before dashing forward drawing another arrow aimed for Kressel's face.

move to G10

Attack:[roll0] this is a +7 or 8 don't know if I'm in point blank or not.
Damage:[roll1] is +5 if point blank

Xunthrae
2014-07-02, 03:02 PM
Solenia was glad she hit her mark, she usually wasn't the best archer, but the stress may be helping. She needs to get in closer though, to help out the men. She moves up the road, and lets loose another arrow at the woman.

Move to G11
[roll0]
[roll1]

TachyonBlade
2014-07-02, 07:40 PM
Zarus then let loose upon the Magus the Dire Rat, generally pointing it towards the magus. Terrible was the wrath of a selfcentered man shown shame. He then moved forward towards the man, and had a look of decided annoyance.

Move to F9
Rat goes for the Magus (look I'm bad with squares and the D&D/PF map system)
roll for ratattack (1d4+2) and then +3 for bite I think

LordHavelock
2014-07-02, 08:55 PM
With Maximus now grown too large for Konrad to effectively maneuver around him, he wheels Harbinger around in a wide arc, back over the small ford in the stream, the mighty destrier leaping the creek easily, allowing Konrad to bring his lance to bear against the axe armed Kressle. With her already harried by arrows from his companions, he decides it's well and time this next bandit leader up the pecking order to meet justice, and thrusts pointed tip of the lance with every intent of running it straight through to the ground if at all possible.

Move to F13,14 and attack Kressle with Lance: [roll0]; Damage [roll1]
Harbinger prepares a standard attack action against Kressle if she should move within his reach: [roll2]; damage [roll3]

Odentin
2014-07-02, 09:45 PM
While the group finally maneuvers into position to bring the fight to their leaders, the two bandits still mired in Solenia's spell effect continue their slow advance. One manages to break free of the gripping vines and approaches Konrad, sword drawn, though takes a smack from Konrad's lance for his trouble. Solenia, drunk with the success of her first arrow, fires again, only to watch her target nimbly dodge out of the arrow's path. Zarus finishes his incantation, causing a glowing giant rat to appear on the log next to the magus. As Zarus moves forward, the summoned beast gnashes at the snowy-haired bastard, but is unable to land a hit.

Adula, recovering well from her earlier mistake, manages to land another arrow in Kressle, who begins to look slightly worried. The magus, on the other hand, smiles smugly as he twists around, twisting his body into a sword stroke against the giant cleric. As he finishes the spin, his outstretched hand erupts in flame, briefly engulfing Max and Konrad. Max attempts to retort, though the magus' armor absorbs the blow without effect. Konrad, abandoning the magus for now, provokes a slash from the nearby bandit as he swings around to smack Kressle with his lance.

Kressle, looking rather worse for the wear, shakes her head, "Yeah, fμck this." With that, she books it, abandoning her allies and running south with all haste.

Bandit 3 takes 6 damage.
Kressle takes 10 damage.
Kressle takes 5 more damage.

Rat attack: [roll0]
Rat damage: [roll1]
Magus Fort: [roll2]

Magus Attack: [roll3] vs Max
Magus Damage: [roll4]

Burning Hands: [roll5] Reflex DC 13 for half
Max Ref: [roll6]
Konrad Ref: [roll7]
Harbinger Ref: [roll8]

Bandit AoO: [roll9] vs Konrad
AoO Damage: [roll10]

Kressle withdraws. Now 30' south of A18.
Click for full size.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3910/14375712580_b1ebe003f3_o.png (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3910/14375712580_b1ebe003f3_o.png)

LordHavelock
2014-07-02, 10:21 PM
Seeing Kressle turn tail and flee, is satisfying enough for Konrad not to so badly feel the pain of the slash left on his thigh from where the bandit had struck out at him, whilst wheeling around the logs. 'No leader at all, just some rabid bandit bitch.' Konrad smirks, but there are plenty of other targets for them right here. "Adula! Can you follow her?" He calls out, not waiting for a response, the Chelish knight wheels his charger around to deal with the spell-sword albino, trusting that once he falls the other bandits will surrender or flee as readily as their comrades at Oleg, and be run down just as swiftly. Only the magic user presents a further threat.

Dropping his lance for the moment, Konrad swings the oversized cavalry hammer from his back and brings it down in a wide arc directly towards that mop of white hair, even as Harbinger rears back on his hind legs and savages the offending spellcaster.

5ft Step to F,G15
Attack with Earthbreaker: [roll0]; Damage [roll1]
Harbinger Full Attack: Bite [roll2] (Damage [roll3]); 2 Hooves [roll4] (Damage [roll5]), [roll6] (Damage [roll7])

Xunthrae
2014-07-02, 10:30 PM
Solenia laughed at the woman running. "Figures she runs." With a smile Solenia turned and fired another arrow towards the fleeing woman, spouting a kellish curse when she missed.

Attack Kressle with longbow: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Icilia
2014-07-03, 08:52 AM
Managing to avoid a large majority of the flame, Max steps to the side slightly, splitting the magus's attention between Max and the rat. Max then lashes out with his rapier.

Max takes a five foot step to the north, then attacks the magus. I assume that is providing a flanking bonus for me because of the rat.
Attack: [roll0] (Only +2 to if I am not getting a flanking bonus)

TachyonBlade
2014-07-03, 12:48 PM
Zarus began to get closer towards the Magus, once more directing his will into reality to formulate another spell, but then stopped. He knew one spell that could help out here. The rest were... rather useless in the current situation. Damn his lack of knowledge!

He chanted for a couple of seconds, and then directed the spell at the Magus

Move to G10, then cast Flare: http://paizo.com/prd/spells/flare.html
DC: 10+4+1+0

Odentin
2014-07-03, 09:52 PM
After having been wounded by Konrad, one of the bandits screams in pain and runs off, making his way south past the cart. Meanwhile his uninjured compatriot breaks free of the vines and advances on Konrad to attack. Solenia attempts to shoot down the fleeing Kressle, but her shot goes wide. All the while, the rat continues to gnash at the magus until it disappears, and Zarus causes a blinding flash of light to burst in front of his face.

Adula, seeing Solenia's miss, takes aim and finishes the job herself. As her arrow flies, the magus splits his assault, casting a spell on Max while bringing his blade to bear on Konrad. Max feels himself shrinking almost immediately, returning to his original size before he can attack again, though his blow goes wide nonetheless. Konrad and Harbinger, likewise, are unable to land a solid hit on the towheaded man.

Once more, the last remaining bandit swings his sword at Konrad.

Bandit Attack: [roll0] vs Konrad

Rat Attack: [roll2]
Magus Fort: [roll4] vs Disease

Magus Fort: [roll5] vs Flare

Adula Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Magus uses Reduce Person on Max
Magus attack: [roll8] vs Konrad
Damage: [roll9]

Going to post the bandit's next turn now, since he goes first anyways.

Attack: [roll10] vs Konrad
Damage: [roll11]
Click for full size.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2908/14569348695_730b83718c_o.png (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2908/14569348695_730b83718c_o.png)

Xunthrae
2014-07-03, 10:18 PM
Solenia realized she wouldn't be the best one to try and take down the fleeing bandits, and so she turns to Adula and incants a quick prayer to the spirits of nature in the druidic tongue. She places a hand on the other woman and lets the spirits flow from her and to her compatriot. The spirits ready to guide the woman's next action, before she moved near the cart to be ready to intercept the bandit if need be.

Cast Guidance onto Adula (+1 next attk, save or skill check)

move to D7

Icilia
2014-07-04, 06:30 AM
Even though Max has been returned to normal size, he continues his attempts at hitting the magus.

Attack: [roll0] I assume flanking?

Anorin
2014-07-07, 10:33 AM
Adula mutters her thanks as Solenia speeds off to cut off the bandit, in case Adula misses.

In case I miss she snorts. She dashes around the wagon as the bandit seeks its cover. Nowhere to go kid.

She reaches into her quiver and pulls a blunt arrow. The bandit wasn't Kressle, Adula was not ashamed to admit that she was joyful when Kressle fell. This bandit though, she didn't know him. Adula didn't really want to kill him and by instinct she fired a blunt arrow for him, not really thinking he'd give them good information, just wanting to spare his life.

Attack Roll: see OOC
Damage Roll [roll0]

LordHavelock
2014-07-07, 11:53 AM
Konrad cursed the blade wielding spellcaster's ability to duck and weave between his strikes and those of Maximus, but quickly finds himself distracted as well, with another bandit coming up alongside his flank. "Zarus!" He calls out, as Harbinger canter's back, out of the sorcerous bandit's reach for the moment, "Are you going to let some albino prove the greater magician yet?" He bellows, a challenge for them both which he hopes will be enough to focus the fight in a more advantageous direction for them all. In the meantime, he's more than happy to bring his cavalry hammer down in the direction of the final bandit, using every inch of his considerable height astride Harbinger, to his advantage, as well as the destrier's own intimidating contribution.

5ft Due South to E,F14
Harbinger uses Aid Another to Attack Bandit: [roll0] vs AC10
Konrad attacks Bandit: [roll1] (+2 if Aid Another succeeds); Damage [roll2]

Odentin
2014-07-07, 10:31 PM
While Solenia gives Adula some divine guidance, Zarus weaves his magic in an attempt to cloud the magus' ability to act, though the man seems to shrug it off without effect. Adula gives chase after the fleeing bandit, and manages to tag him in the back of the head with a blunted arrow, knocking him unconscious. The magus swings his sword at Konrad, and attempts to cast a spell, but the spell fizzles and the blow goes wide. A look of concern crosses his face, "This is becoming boring, Rothmann.". Max swings, but is still unable to land a blow. Konrad, however, brings his hammer down on the last remaining bandit, nearly knocking him over. The man steps back, and begins to hobble away...

Magus Attack: [roll0] vs Konrad

Bandit is now 10' south of A15.

Click for full size

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5570/14601112872_bc304329fb_o.png (https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5570/14601112872_bc304329fb_o.png)

Icilia
2014-07-08, 08:34 AM
Max continues his attack, regardless of how badly it is going so far. The sooner the magus falls, the sooner Max can get around to healing his allies. If Max had any faith that Konrad or the magus would stop fighting each other, then he'd attempt to ask the magus to surrender. But the chances of that were slim.

Attack [roll0]

LordHavelock
2014-07-08, 10:20 AM
With the other bandit fleeing, and the Magus distracted for the moment, Konrad wheels Harbinger in a full about face, in pursuit of the injured bandit, yelling as he does, "Maximus! Pull back to the creek bed! Give Adula and Solenia room to fire!". Though fully convinced of the merit in running down and slaying, rather than dispersing, their bandit foes, Konrad his hopeful his ploy will leave the Magus distracted long enough for him to set up a charge, rather than continue their attacks in vain while he holds a position of higher ground on the log, especially with Maximus's spell countered, and his own wounds having taken a toll on him.

Even as he swings his hammer down towards the fleeing bandit, he prays Solenia and Adula's arrows will find their marks and keep the Magus from unleashing any more destructive sorcery.

Move to A14, facing 5ft off the map and within reach of the bandit, and Attack: [roll0]; Damage [roll1]

Xunthrae
2014-07-08, 04:16 PM
Solenia moved quickly to the edge of the stream and pulls out her spear and prepares to defend Max as he comes back across.

Move to G11 then move to take out spear after dropping the longbow behind her.

Anorin
2014-07-08, 04:44 PM
Adula ran forward and drew a sharp arrow. Sliding to a stop she aimed for the magus and unwilling to give the bastard a chance to make his move, fired.

I don't want to delay my action and give him a chance to attack, so I'll fire into melee this turn. Unfortunately he gets cover from Max so, Adula will move to F10 to minimize that. I think that's still point blank though, so Adula's still rocking a +4 (guidance is gone right? IF not +5)

Attack: [roll0]

Odentin
2014-07-08, 09:09 PM
When the final bandit starts fleeing, Solenia begins her advance on the magus, drawing her spear and glaring menacingly while Zarus begins his chanting and gesturing in order to summon another giant rat. Adula, right behind Solenia, takes a potshot past Max, though overcompensates too much and sends the arrow into the underbrush instead. The magus, rolling his eyes at Konrad's retreat, turns his attention on Max, instead. Max returns the favor, yet is once again useless. Konrad chases down the final bandit and puts an end to him, setting himself up for a final charge on the snow-haired bandit leader.

Magus attack: [roll0] vs Max
Magus Damage: [roll1]

Click for full size.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3837/14422946167_ce16f44ed1_o.png (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3837/14422946167_ce16f44ed1_o.png)

Xunthrae
2014-07-08, 09:29 PM
"Careful with him max, we don't know how many more spells he has" Solenia said as she came up behind max, thrusting her spear at the man on the log, hitting him but her faulty footing cause her to lose most of the power behind the thrust.

Move to H12, Standard to attack with long spear.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Anorin
2014-07-08, 09:40 PM
Adula steps forward onto the creek's bank, draws fletching to ear once again and fires for the human. The flight of the arrow looked true enough, but with Solenia entering the fray the fight was just too damn crowded.

"Fine." Adula growled hand gripping the neck of her axe as she drew it from the loop of her belt, "We'll do this the hard way then."

Well hopefully that 18 I rolled in the OOC hits, course firing into melee's a risky business.

Anyway, Damage!

[roll0]

LordHavelock
2014-07-08, 09:48 PM
With the bandit felled, Konrad rounds in his saddle just in time to see the spellsword looking entirely to smug as he lays a slash across the old drunkard. His triumph appears cut short all too quickly though as Solenia seizes the moment to stab him viciously with her spear, causing the poncy toe-head to blanch visibly, and leaving Konrad with a mental image to savor forever. 'Now, to see that this is ended.' He thinks, rearing Konrad back on his hind legs, allowing him to turn in place on two hooves alone, the powerful warhorse requiring not even the touch of the spurs to begin a charge that carries them both headlong towards their hated foe, Konrad's cavalry hammer swinging with the full weight of both horse and rider as Harbinger too seeks to ram him with great force.

Charge to G/F 16
Konrad Attacks with his Earthbreaker: [roll0]; Damage [roll1]
Harbinger Attacks: [roll2]; Damage [roll3]

Icilia
2014-07-08, 11:51 PM
With a few knocks to himself, and absolutely no hits on his foe, Max agrees that it is about time to pull back. Especially now that someone who can actually hit the magus is around. Max takes a quick step back from his foe, places a hand on Solenia's arm and sends a surge of energy into her, giving her more strength for her next attack.

Five foot step away from the magus, staying within range of Solenia. Strength surge to solenia as a standard action, giving her a +1 to attack and damage on her next attack.

Odentin
2014-07-09, 09:50 PM
Finally entering the battle, Solenia moves up and lands a solid hit on the magus. The man's eyes widen ever so slightly in surprise as the spear's head pulls back, out of his chain shirt. Zarus finishes his incantations and summons another giant rat, who begins gnashing away at the magus' leg, while Zarus himself stands by silently. Adula attempts to follow Solenia's lead, but is unable to accurately fire into the melee. Their enemy, watching Konrad's movement, pauses a moment, allowing Max to back away and lay an empowering hand on Solenia's shoulder.

And then Konrad charges. The heavy hammer's head lands squarely in the magus' chest, sending the man sailing off the log. As he hovers at the same height as the long, he smiles smugly at the cavalier, "Well done, Rothmann. Good to see at least one of you is competent." With that, he casts again, vanishing from sight. From above them, the group can hear his voice trailing off towards the south, "We shall meet again. Until then!"

And he is gone. The group is left a a few yards from what WAS the bandit camp, with a few bloodied bandits (including one of their leaders) and a mass of magically overgrown plants.

Congratulations. I'll update the XP tracker once I have the calculations done. It's 239 XP.

Combat....OVER.

Xunthrae
2014-07-09, 10:03 PM
"Well, atleast only one got away" Solenia chuckled as she secured her spear to her back. "To bad that mage got away." And with barely a pause she went on to say, "Oh well, time to check their camp for anything good." After speaking she focused for a moment, allowing the magic animating the plants to dissipate.

She looked over at the others, just then realizing Max and Konrad were hurt. She waited where she was standing, watching their reactions to their injuries. No need to rush to aid if they are mostly fine.

LordHavelock
2014-07-10, 01:05 AM
The resounding impact as the trined head of Kornad's hammer as it struck home raised a simultaneous ring of chain links splintering and the sickening crunch of the force carrying through to flesh. A lethal blow; Konrad felt it, knew it in the bone jarring shudder that swept up his arm, to his shoulder, but he stayed strong, swinging through with the blow that sent the outlaw scum flying from the log. Triumph was written across Konrad's features, but as he heard the smugness as he fell, heard his own name spoken through grating smirk, the sweetness of victory turned to ash in his mouth. Just like that, the coward was gone, and would yet live to benight another day with his vile presence. Harbinger slowed, but Konrad dug his spurs into his sides anyway, prompting the warhorse to rear and whinny in irritation and alarm, as Konrad growled out his displeasure, and threw down his hammer so that it nearly splintered the fallen log apart.

"Blood and bloody ashes! Gorum curse that wretch of a man and Asmodeus seize his soul!" Konrad swore to the only gods he had ever paid respect, loud enough to scare away some crows who had gathered at the edge of the clearing to eye the bodies of those fallen bandits even in the time it had taken for the magus to escape. Konrad's breathing was belabored, his eyes saw only red, and he ground his teeth in frustration.

As Harbinger returned to all fours however, his breathing slowed, but grew no easier, and his vision swam momentarily, and Konrad found himself gritting his teeth against a groan of pain, as he grimaced visibly. The toll of his wounds was telling now, with the adrenaline of combat fading, and it was a long moment before he registered Solenia's words at all.

"Before we take stock . . . of any spoils amongst their gear." Konrad is forced to pause and wince as he dismounts, "I may require some respite. That . . . bandit," The Chelish knight chokes back any more hateful speech, "Did much injury to myself, and Harbinger." The words drip with both indignity and bile with an unspoken vow of vengeance on every syllable.

Anorin
2014-07-10, 07:40 AM
Adula disappears for a moment after the magus had left. The experience was... disconcerting to say the least, some of her companions could well have died and that magus... he toyed with them. If he was that powerful, well, they should be dead and it would've been because she stepped on a dry stick.

She came back moments later, carrying the bandit she had shot with the blunted arrow. Eventually, she crosses the creek, unconcious bandit slung over her shoulder.

She looks at the sky, "Not much light." She remarks as she dumps the still breathing bandit on the ground. She doesn't look at Max or Konrad, her fault, she'd make it up to them.

Adula shifts uncomfortably upon Konrad's request for aid. After a moment she bent to the unconscious bandit and searches for any hidden weapons.

Take 10 or 20 if I can, if I can't

[roll0]+10

Icilia
2014-07-10, 11:44 AM
With the coming of the end of combat, Max relaxes briefly as he watches Konrad yell at thin air. After a few breaths he feels the adrenaline leave his body, and in it's place, pain. Max gingerly pokes his sword wound and his seared flesh, and also takes note of Konrad's wounds.

"I'm glad that's over. Konrad, please, join me away from these bandits. I don't know what you plan to do with them, but me restoring them to combat capable is probably not a part of that plan.if you want them alive, I can do so after mending our wounds. Does anyone else require healing by the way?"

Max walks a short distance away from any of the injured, and once Konrad, and anyone else who needs healing, is near him, Max intones a number of short prayers. With each prayer, a burst of energy accomponies it, closing the wounds of those near by.

Using two lots of Channel Energy to heal. I make sure I am far enough away to not include any bandits.
First: [roll0]
Second [roll1]

TachyonBlade
2014-07-10, 03:23 PM
Zarus grimaced angrily for a moment before he finally laxed his body, content that the battle was over. However, although he wasn't supposed to care all that much, he felt that he'd been of close to no help, and more of a liability, than anything. He looked around at the dead bodies, and released a sigh of frustration , which wasn't awfully noticeable, but still loud. "Nine rings of hell, this didn't go greatly at all. And the buggering fool of a magus got away, although none of us can really blamed. How did he even survive that? No matter, lets see what they've been doing around here." he said, turning to look at the of the camp.

Anorin
2014-07-10, 08:36 PM
Adula nods and places her manacles upon the unconscious bandit, fastening the lock for good measure. Then, gathering up the dead she thoroughly searches them for any valuables or usable gear, before preparing them to be burned.

Taking 20 on the search of the bandit bodies, after the bandits are prepared for cremation she'll set about searching the camp, taking 20 there too.

Unless people want me to wait on that.

Odentin
2014-07-10, 10:35 PM
When the group collects Kressle, she has already stopped bleeding out. Without care, she may well die within a few days, but at the moment she is not at risk of kicking the bucket from her wounds. Searching the bodies yields a fair pile of gear and coin, but when Adula searches the rest of the camp, she finds their true stash. Under the eastern watchtower, hidden underneath some tents and firewood and food and other supplies, the ranger finds a few bags filled with loot!

4 suits of leather armor
1 suit studded leather armor
4 longbows
4 short swords
2 masterwork handaxes
4 daggers
1 potion of Cure Light Wounds
1 finely made music box
1 pair of silver earrings
3 crates of furs and hides
1 polished wooden case of a strange greenish herbal liquor (8 bottles)
215gp
321sp

By the time the loot is divided up, night has descended. Chirping insects and owls and other nocturnal forest dwellers begin their songs as the dying embers in the bandits' stone fire pit slowly begin to darken.

Anorin
2014-07-11, 07:10 AM
Adula lets out a sharp whistle at the bounty before her, this was like her last job with Bor. She's not particularly pleased Kressle isn't bleeding out, but, that's life. Strange, Adula would've sworn on her father's grave she had pierced an artery.

As night falls Adula looks around, "We could camp here." She suggests, "but they could have returning patrols.

even gold is 49gp 5sp 2cp

LordHavelock
2014-07-11, 12:01 PM
"Well, atleast only one got away" Solenia chuckled as she secured her spear to her back. "To bad that mage got away." And with barely a pause she went on to say, "Oh well, time to check their camp for anything good." After speaking she focused for a moment, allowing the magic animating the plants to dissipate.

She looked over at the others, just then realizing Max and Konrad were hurt. She waited where she was standing, watching their reactions to their injuries. No need to rush to aid if they are mostly fine.

How Solenia can be in such apparently light spirits is enough to give Konrad further grief, but he bites back any snap or remark. "Yes," he agrees, "We did fell a good number of them. But that cur must have retreated somewhere, which could mean they have another camp or hiding place. And this time it will not be so easy to track."

With the coming of the end of combat, Max relaxes briefly as he watches Konrad yell at thin air. After a few breaths he feels the adrenaline leave his body, and in it's place, pain. Max gingerly pokes his sword wound and his seared flesh, and also takes note of Konrad's wounds.

"I'm glad that's over. Konrad, please, join me away from these bandits. I don't know what you plan to do with them, but me restoring them to combat capable is probably not a part of that plan.if you want them alive, I can do so after mending our wounds. Does anyone else require healing by the way?"

Max walks a short distance away from any of the injured, and once Konrad, and anyone else who needs healing, is near him, Max intones a number of short prayers. With each prayer, a burst of energy accomponies it, closing the wounds of those near by.

Using two lots of Channel Energy to heal. I make sure I am far enough away to not include any bandits.
First: [roll0]
Second [roll1]

Nodding in assent, Konrad allows the healing magical power to wash over him, restoring his flesh and mending his wounds, but still finds an abiding weariness from where he had been burned and stabbed. 'Magic can only ever do so much.' He thinks to himself, 'The only true strength one can rely on in is there own.' Still, appraising Maximus he wonders if they all might have been better off if the old man had used these abilities when the threat was most dire. Had Konrad not landed the blow on his charge as well as he had, circumstances might easily have turned against them. He saves comment however, as Zarus speaks up and Adula let's out a whistle. He nods an murmurs a brief thanks to Maximus before moving to Zarus's side.

"Nine rings of hell, this didn't go greatly at all. And the buggering fool of a magus got away, although none of us can really blamed. How did he even survive that? No matter, lets see what they've been doing around here."

"No, but it could have been much worse." He remarks, "Still, Adula has proven herself an expert markswoman, and Solenia's entangling spell was of great use, as were your conjured creatures in distracting that wretched mage." Then, lowering his voice, "I'm not so certain however about the actions of our resident drunkard. His performance in the melee was lackluster, his spells came to little effect, and if he had the ability to heal us and himself, why did he not do so sooner? Had he not been so grievously wounded himself . . . well, let's just say we already know too well these bandits' affinity for placing a wolf amongst the sheep."

He saves any further comment for later, as they approach Adula and the stash she has found.

Adula lets out a sharp whistle at the bounty before her, this was like her last job with Bor. She's not particularly pleased Kressle isn't bleeding out, but, that's life. Strange, Adula would've sworn on her father's grave she had pierced an artery.

As night falls Adula looks around, "We could camp here." She suggests, "but they could have returning patrols.

"Does she yet live? Kressle may be the only one who can tell us more about this 'Stag Lord', if indeed we have not already met him." Konrad says as they approach the ranger. Truth be told, there wasn't much to suggest about the magus that he was their lord and chief, especially since he had been doing the dirtiest of work for these bandits only a few weeks ago. "And you've done well to locate such a find Adula, I'm sure Oleg will pay well to have some of these pieces in this stock." Even as he says his name aloud, Konrad remembers the promise he made to Oleg in finding Svetlana's wedding ring, and a quick survey of the loot reveals it nowhere to be seen. Narrowing his gaze, he turns his eyes on Kressle's unconscious form and moving over to her, checks the bandit leader's fingers, pockets, and a more thorough search besides.

"Camping here might well lure more of them to us, and so long as we can see to it we're not ambushed in return, I have no objection to the idea." He remarks, retrieving a torch from his saddlebags and lighting it to continue his search while Kressle is unconscious.

Take 20 on searching Kressle for the Ring.

Odentin
2014-07-12, 01:48 PM
While Konrad spends his time searching Kressle, the others move to take over the bandit camp, rekindling the dying fire and setting up a watch schedule. Konrad's search turns up no ring, though he does find a silver pendant in the shape of a stag's skull around her neck, just like the one he found on Happs Bydon. By the time he's satisfied that Kressle has no hidden items on her person, it is quite late and the others are preparing to rest.

2nd of Pharast - Dawn

The night goes mostly uneventfully. A few wild carnivores make themselves seen in the forest surrounding the camp, though none seem willing to approach close enough to attack, or seem to become distracted and run off. When morning finally comes, though, something dd comes to light. At some point in the night, it seems, the unconscious and shackled bandit managed to awaken and attempt to run off. He didn't get far, though. His unconscious form is easily spotted laying next to the wagon...

Anorin
2014-07-14, 08:40 AM
Adula stirred from her reverie with the fist light and notices the bandit, "... truly? With manacles on, you tried to run?"

She approaches the bandit, prepared to drag him back to camp.

Your ellipse makes me nervous, so I'm going to stop here in case something's about to jump out of the wagon.

Odentin
2014-07-14, 08:24 PM
The tracks of the bandit are simple for Adula to find and examine as she approaches. There is no evidence that the man tripped or was struck. In fact, he seems to have fallen asleep mid-run and skidded to a halt where he now lies. He seems to be napping peacefully, even snoring!

There is nothing in the cart.

LordHavelock
2014-07-15, 02:08 PM
Adula is joined in short order by Konrad, hand at his sword belt and shield already strapped to his arm as he regards the sleeping, manacled bandit and then Adula. "Can you tell what happened here? Was he merely exhausted?"

Anorin
2014-07-15, 02:24 PM
Adula shrugged, "Happens more often than you'd think." She throws the bandit over her shoulder and walks him back to camp.

"I did get him in the back of the head, I doubt he'll be a hundred percent for a few days."

Odentin
2014-07-15, 07:40 PM
The bandit stirs slightly when he gets unceremoniously dumped back on the dirt, but does not awaken. While the others break camp and prepare any spells for the day, Konrad takes the time to search all the bandits once more for Svetlana's wedding ring. Unfortunately, it seems the ring has moved on from this particular camp in the three months since it was taken off of Lana's hand.

TachyonBlade
2014-07-15, 07:54 PM
The wizard who had been sitting around in the forest, preparing his spells appeared, looking around and noticing that he'd missed a bit. "Sorry, I'd woken up a while back, and went to prepare my spells somewhere more desolate. What did I miss?"

Anorin
2014-07-15, 08:21 PM
Adula sets about exploiting the bandit's resources to make a breakfast that's hopefully not moldy bread, moldy cheese, and leather passed as jerky.

She'd kill for an egg.

"The bandit prisoner tried to escape during the night manacled and concussed."

She pauses as she starts boiling some water for the skins.

"I think it's safe to say he isn't the mastermind."

Odentin
2014-07-15, 09:00 PM
The bandits, dumb as they were, do seem to have been somewhat adept at living off the land. Along with a small store of (likely stolen) trail rations, Adula does come across some dried meats and a few wild bird eggs with which to make breakfast.

Icilia
2014-07-16, 07:57 AM
Max rises from his morning prays and joins the rest of the group.

"If you want, I could just revive one of them for us to talk to. We could get some more information out of them. Or integrate and murder. Captains choice."

Max says this last part as a jib at Konrad.

Anorin
2014-07-16, 11:10 AM
Adula settles in and cooks some breakfast, Better to use what your prey can't, than to use what you have. She thought as she made quick work of preparing a light meal.

Adula was by no means an accomplished cook, but she enjoyed bad food. Scrambled eggs with water instead of milk and dried meat fried like bacon being fine cuisine where she was concerned. She handed a helping to any who asked, and smiled when they found out she was a better huntress than chef.

She thinks for a moment as she eats.

"I'll load up their rations. No sense wasting Oleg's stock feeding prisoners."

LordHavelock
2014-07-16, 12:11 PM
Konrad merely grumbles a non-coherent response to Max's jibe as he moves to the cook fire for his share of the meal. Adula seems to be as adept at foraging as she is tracking, whatever her cooking skills might leave to be desired, and Konrad has too much else on his mind to call to mind the more hearty and skilfully prepared meals he once dined on regularly back in Westcrown. The luxuries of noble living held little appeal for him then, but they were all he had known and he was quickly finding that the rustic appeal of foraging and exploring was as much a happy lie as anything. Still, there was some appeal in remaining firm in the face of minor hardships, certainly he wasn't going to let a lack of luxury be his undoing, and prove himself a weak-willed noble brat in the minds of others. Besides, there were much more important concerns at present, particularly the matter of Oleg's lost wedding ring, which he busied himself in searching for amongst the bandits after he had eaten.

And while he searched, Max's jibe continued to nag at him. He had called Konrad 'captain' surely only in jest, but Konrad's inbred sense of propriety and station did put him above these others. Even Solenia, a fellow noble, had no military experience, no formal training as he had, and whatever his parent's other misguided intentions towards Konrad's destiny, they had groomed him to lead, and the command (though Konrad weighed the lessons of his Master-at-Arms amongst the Hellknights a much better teacher). Was it not his prowess in battle which had won them the day? Had any amongst them shown the initiative to tackle the situation and at once take charge of it? Who had Oleg looked to in affirmation of their band's intentions and designs against these bandits? 'Who else is suited to lead, but I?' He thought.

Take twenty to search the bandits thoroughly for Svetlana's wedding ring.

Odentin
2014-07-16, 10:30 PM
The ring is not in the camp.

Xunthrae
2014-07-18, 02:23 AM
The druidess looks around their camp, She felt out of place waking up with several others nearby. She looks to Konrad, the obvious choice for someone to take charge."What's our next move? Interrogate the prisoner(s) and head back to the Trading Post or act on the information we get?" This was not her forte, give her a hunt or a challenge of strength she'd be golden, but the finesse of social interactions were mostly lost on her.

Anorin
2014-07-18, 06:28 AM
Adula shrugs as she cleans after Breakfast. "I don't want the horse weighed down with all their crap. I'd say take 'em back to the trading post and interrogate Kressle there."

LordHavelock
2014-07-18, 12:07 PM
Growing increasingly frustrated in his search and as he mulls over the matters of command within their company, Konrad snorts derisively after searching the final bandit and has to resist the urge to kick Kressle into wakefulness and demand the ring's location (on the basis that he might well be kicking her into her grave). 'Much that she deserves one.' He muses, as he rejoins Solenia and Adula around the cook fire, warming his hands to rid them of the chill in searching dead men. Adula's pragmatism continued to be a source of relief for him at least, a perfect foil for Zarus's impish demeanor, and what's more she showed initiative in acting for the good of the group. That initiative however seemed only to extend to herself, focused inward as she was to provide herself with direction, rather than others, and meanwhile Solenia already seemed to be looking to him in dealing with the matters of their companions at large. It was suddenly odd to Konrad, given how little he had cared for the politicking back in Westcrown and the pretense of social niceties, but now . . .

"Interrogating them here saves us the trouble of having them try to escape on our way back. Still, I think Oleg might appreciate the chance to see Kressle swing from a rope for himself, maybe even one he helped tie." The image of pushing Kressle off the wall at Oleg's and letting her swing there as a warning to others was rather tempting for Konrad as well, "We could hitch up a few of the pack horses and use their cart to haul everything back to the Trading Post . . ." Konrad thought a while longer, "We should also remember that we've been chartered to make a record of and explore the Greenbelt, and if we're already doubling back the way we came, it would save us another trip to map out the route on our way back. Another reason not to weigh ourselves down with any 'live baggage'."

Ceasing to think outloud, Konrad takes a turn around the fire, fixing his gauntlets on as he does so, and with a short whistle calls Harbinger over to him, away from the other horses. "The decision isn't just about how we should proceed now," He says, rounding on the others and taking on a more authoritative tone and demeanor. In his mind, he envisioned himself back in the training and assembly yard at the Hellknight's citadel, standing at attention as they were addressed by the Master-at-Arms, the Knight-Captain, or even the Knight-Commander himself; only now he was not only in the audience, but standing himself upon the steps of the keep, surveying the corps of his command. "But how we will conduct ourselves from here forward. Last night, we were victorious over these scum, but it was not a victory to be idolized nor was it absolute. There was too much division between us and the battle might well have gone against us. Rather than hope such good fortune will favor us in every engagement, we should be able to rely on something not half so fickle: strong leadership."

Icilia
2014-07-18, 02:32 PM
As Konrad returns to his true, knightly, stuck up self; Max shakes his head and sighs.

"Of course, oh mighty one. Charging straight to the problem always works! Espically when one has not yet learnt the strength of their companions yet."

Max smiles cruely for a moment, then drops the smile and sighs. At this rate, Max's constant patranisation was as about as useful as Konrad's one directioness.

"I apologise, ser. This enimity between us is not helping the group. I think we should deal with these bandits sooner rather than later. It would be kinder, and easier I guess, to deal out whatever punishment you wish to give them now, rather than drag them across the wilderness."

LordHavelock
2014-07-18, 03:54 PM
As Konrad returns to his true, knightly, stuck up self; Max shakes his head and sighs.

"Of course, oh mighty one. Charging straight to the problem always works! Espically when one has not yet learnt the strength of their companions yet."

Max smiles cruely for a moment, then drops the smile and sighs. At this rate, Max's constant patranisation was as about as useful as Konrad's one directioness.

"I apologise, ser. This enimity between us is not helping the group. I think we should deal with these bandits sooner rather than later. It would be kinder, and easier I guess, to deal out whatever punishment you wish to give them now, rather than drag them across the wilderness."

Konrad smirks and gives a dismissive snort in the face of Max's initial attempt at a jib. 'The might of my charge is all that saved you from meeting your end at that bandit cur's spells and blade.' He thinks to no small personal satisfaction, but takes note as the priest's manner softens. It's true he had been aggressive, perhaps even presumptuous as to the strengths of their party in facing the bandits head on, but there had been little enough time to decide otherwise once the alarm was raised. 'A good leader takes responsibility for failures, even those which are not his own making.' He recalls Sir Harlech teaching him when he was just a squire.

"No offense was taken, but thank you Maximus." Konrad says, nodding in his head with a modicum of respect for Max's apology, "But I would not presume further, as you said, to know what is best for all of you, or from all of you, at all times. You are not soldiers serving in a brigade, we are comrades in a joint venture. It is simply the fact that even a joint venture requires a strength in leadership to fulfill it's purpose."

He looks to Adula, Solenia, and then Zarus in turn, gauging their reactions before continuing. "For the moment, we are in agreement I think that it would be best to interrogate and dispose of our prisoners sooner, rather than later, but there may not always be adequate time for such a process of discernment. I propose, that upon our return to Oleg's, we defer further exploration of the Greenbelt until we have a consensus on how this party should be lead . . . and by whom."

Anorin
2014-07-18, 07:57 PM
Adula frowns, still crouched over the creek cleaning her pot as she listened to Max. Something had really gotten under the Aasimar's skin.

The subject of leadership left her completely unfazed. Konrad was right about one thing, they weren't soldiers, but as long as he offered sound advice, well Adula wasn't going to spit in his face. She ignores that subject in words, instead focusing on a matter dear to her heart, gold.

"Prisoners aren't worth as much dead." She remarks.

She scratches her head for a moment, then nods to the bandit she had knocked out, "Kill Kressle if you want, but the most he loses is an arm."

TachyonBlade
2014-07-19, 12:24 PM
Zarus was currently just standing at the edge of the camp. Really, he didn't have anything of interest, or pragmatic to add to the conversation. He was a scholar, a wizard, and not a warrior. Anything he knew of a warriors life was from books, and those were pretty much useless. He decided to pack up his stuff while the rest of the group talked the real stuff. His bedroll, he packed up entire, and kept next to his backpack and kit. They'd probably be leaving soon enough. He simply answered with an "Sure. I'll pack up the crap then."

But something appeared to his mind. They weren't just gonna leave the camp the way it was, were they? There was a lot of stuff they could use, or sell aside from the loot recovered from the bodies. He'd raise the question when the important discussion was over.

LordHavelock
2014-07-23, 11:17 AM
Konrad nods in assent, leaving Zarus and Adula to packing up the supplies, trusting their judgement in terms of disposing of the spoils retrieved in their victory on the pack horses at their disposal. Instead, he makes his way across the clearing to where the prisoners are held and gives each one a rousing kick in the leg, to see which one is first to jump and requires interrogation first. He dearly hopes that it will not require Maximus's efforts in the healing arts to bring any of them around, and it occurs to him Solenia might be able to assist on at least that count, and so he waves her over, awaiting the rousing of their first victim.

Odentin
2014-07-24, 07:54 PM
Kressle, though currently alive, will likely NOT survive unless she receives medical treatment. The sleeping one, however, awakens with a start at Konrad's kick, "Huh? What?"

LordHavelock
2014-07-24, 08:20 PM
"Oh good, you're awake." Konrad says, smirking down at the bandit, before delivering a considerably more savage stomp with his armored boot on the man's shoulder. "I was hoping one of you would be conscious for when the interrogation started. So much more satisfying when the prisoner is awake for the first few blows." His boot comes down closer this time to the bandit's head, thudding against the log he is propped up against. Noticing Kressle's condition, Konrad glowers and calls over to his companions, thinking perhaps there's a way to use Kressle's unconsciousness to their advantage. "Hmmmm, looks like the woman died in her sleep." He says, turning his face from the bandit to look very pointedly at Solenia, then Maximus, hoping he could convey to them just the opposite in his gaze. "Drag the corpse into the woods, leave it for the beasts. It's more than she deserves." he says, dragging Kressle's bound form forward off the log by her hair, and then hefting her over his shoulder to deposit the body in front of whichever of the two was closer, hoping the bandit didn't notice what subtle signs of life remained in her.

Intimidate Check (hopefully with a circumstance bonus for the threat of physical violence, and/or Kressle's "death"): [roll0]
Bluff Check to convey secret message (Kressle isn't actually dead): [roll1]

Icilia
2014-07-26, 09:56 AM
Max stands nearby as Konrad once again offers his tender hand to the field of interrogation. After a few shouts and a couple of kicks to the poor man shoulder, Konrad drags Kressle over to Max. As Konrad wanders off to go interrogate again, Max kneels down and checks Kressle over, not trusting Konrads capacity to determine between dead or alive, and finds that Kressle is not in fact dead. Max rises to tell off Konrad for attempting to dump a living woman in the woods, before realising that saying she is dead may be more for the bandit than for himself. Or, Konrad is an idiot who really doesn't care about others.

Not really caring either way, Max carries Kressle out of view of Konrad and attempts to further stabilise Kressle, cursing himself for not doing this yesterday. He should probably get around to checking the other injured bandits.

[roll0]

Odentin
2014-07-26, 06:01 PM
Max fails to fully close Kressle's wounds manually, though a quick orison manages to close up the wounds that still threaten to bring her life to an end. She still won't awaken for a day or so on her own, but she now has the chance to do so.

When Konrad returns to the bandit, he's shaking, "W...what's going on?"

TachyonBlade
2014-07-26, 06:04 PM
Zarus simply watched as both people in his party work on their respectively assigned bandit, and didn't quite consider doing anything else. He was beginning to realize how useless he was at the moment, being unable to really help any of them in a good fashion.

Anorin
2014-07-26, 06:22 PM
Adula taps Zarus on the shoulder and offers him her new hand ax.

"Mind helping me build the pyre?"

TachyonBlade
2014-07-26, 10:25 PM
Zarus looked back at the offered hand axe, and gladly took it. "Sure. Might be nice to get this over with, so we can head back as fast as possible." He then took a look around, once more, at all the bodies, seeing how he could possibly mount them all on a pyre.

LordHavelock
2014-07-29, 12:54 AM
Max fails to fully close Kressle's wounds manually, though a quick orison manages to close up the wounds that still threaten to bring her life to an end. She still won't awaken for a day or so on her own, but she now has the chance to do so.

When Konrad returns to the bandit, he's shaking, "W...what's going on?"

Rather than drawing his sword, Konrad chooses this time to heft the cavalry hammer from behind his back, letting the solid metal maul with it's trine of armor-piercing points be seen in plain sight. "What's happening," He said, going to his work with no small amount of relish, "Is that the law has finally caught up with you, bandit. Your leader and comrades here are dead or scattered, and those sent to harass Oleg and his wife are swinging from a rope thanks to the efforts of our little band here, as duly chartered by the Swordlords of Restov. In short, the jig is up. Now . . . would you prefer we have the hanging here? Or at Oleg's? My comrades have been insisting we should get this over with quickly, but personally I think a quick death by sword is too good for the likes of you, and splitting your skull open with my hammer here would make for such a mess . . . It's really quite a conundrum. Unless of course, you can offer us some reason to think you're not guilty of unrepentant banditry? Perhaps Kressle, or Haps, or this Stag Lord were the ones who brought you in?"

Odentin
2014-07-29, 08:42 PM
The bandit actually pisses himself, the stain spreading over his pants as he answers, "I...I...I came here with some mates of mine! W...we hooked up with Kressle and Happs a few weeks later. I've never met the Stag Lord, man, but I know a little. Just...just spare my life, and I'll tell you everything I know! I swear! I'll go back to Pitax and become a baker like my ma wanted! Please...."

LordHavelock
2014-07-29, 11:22 PM
The bandit actually pisses himself, the stain spreading over his pants as he answers, "I...I...I came here with some mates of mine! W...we hooked up with Kressle and Happs a few weeks later. I've never met the Stag Lord, man, but I know a little. Just...just spare my life, and I'll tell you everything I know! I swear! I'll go back to Pitax and become a baker like my ma wanted! Please...."

Konrad shakes his head solemnly, "The law is very clear about how unrepentant banditry is to be handled. Death by the sword, or by the rope, but if you tell me everything you know, about the Stag Lord, about any other bandits camps and leaders, and especially about that toe-headed brigand who escaped, and where he might have gone, then maybe I'll consider that repentance enough to let you live. Anything after that, you can take up with a real priest." He motions towards Max, awaiting the bandit's compliance.

Odentin
2014-07-30, 08:54 PM
Changing this guy's color, cuz it's obnoxious to read...

The man stares at Konrad a long moment, his face contorting through a mix of emotions before finally settling on a dead-eyed stare, "No. I ain't telling you sh¡t if yer just gonna kill me. You let me live, and I'll tell you all I know about the Stag Lord. Otherwise, I've got nothing to gain by talkin'."

LordHavelock
2014-07-30, 10:30 PM
Changing this guy's color, cuz it's obnoxious to read...

The man stares at Konrad a long moment, his face contorting through a mix of emotions before finally settling on a dead-eyed stare, "No. I ain't telling you sh¡t if yer just gonna kill me. You let me live, and I'll tell you all I know about the Stag Lord. Otherwise, I've got nothing to gain by talkin'."

Konrad gives the man as deadly a stare back into his eyes, and his previous sneer dissolves. Leaning in over the bandit, he lifts one gauntleted hand and proffers it to him, open palmed. "You have my word of honor. Tell us what you know, and swear to the gods that you shall never again take up banditry against the people of Brevoy and we may consider you innocent by the terms of our charter. Your life will be in your own hands." His tone is icy cold, but his words ring true, and he says them loud enough to be overheard by the others in the camp, his gaze never wavering from the bandits.

Sense Motive to gauge the honesty of the bandits confession: [roll0]

Odentin
2014-07-31, 08:56 PM
The bandit takes Konrad's hand and shakes it, nodding, "On my mother's grave, I swear."

He sighs and takes a moment to collect his thoughts, "There's only the two camps, as far as I know. This one, and the main one. Never been there, but Kressle would head south every now and again to meet up with the boss. The boss, the Stag Lord, as everyone seems to call him. Heard a few things. Apparently he's some kind of monster with a stag's skull for a face. Deadeye with a bow. Heard he crushed a prisoner's hand with one fist once. He's a bloody drunk, though. All that booze under the platform is supposed to be delivered to him. He's half of what he used to be. No one would really care if he dropped dead tomorrow. Still got a fair amount of fight in him, though, from what I've heard. Scary b@stard..."

Icilia
2014-08-02, 06:53 AM
Max, believing that Konrad has gotten as much information as he is likely to get, walks over to the bandit and Konrad. Crouching down next to the bandit, he does a quick inspection of his injuries.

"Please sir, allow me to check your injuries. My companion can be harsh in his dealings. If we are to send you off into the wilderness, I can't allow you to go injured. Whilst I check you over, is there anything else you could tell us? Perhaps about when the booze was supposed to be delivered, or if there is anything else secreted around the camp?"

Quick check of his injuries, mostly used to get him to open up: Heal [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]

Odentin
2014-08-02, 09:39 PM
Max isn't able to any more for the man's wounds than his body has already done naturally. He is, however, able to glean some more information from the bandit, "That's our only cache here. Some of the other guys brought it. It was actually a special order the Stag Lord made to the crazy old potion maker up north. Apparently he makes a damn good bottle of booze, too. We were gonna take a couple of bottles sometime next week. We stagger it, y'know."

Icilia
2014-08-04, 06:54 AM
Max nods and stands up beside Konrad.

"I think this is about as much as we are going to find out for now, Konrad. If you have no objects, this man should be on his way, and we should be returning to base."

LordHavelock
2014-08-07, 05:07 PM
"He can leave after we do. Well after." Konrad replies, not deigning to look at the bandit in question. "Solenia, Zarus, Adula!" He calls, "We have what we needed. Time to head out." The Chelish Knight calls, careful to leave out any details of exactly what it is they might be on to or after. He had half a mind to tie the bandit up with a loose knot and send him packing on a horse, but frankly, whatever horse they sent would be worth more than his life.

Movin closer to Adula, he made sure the brigand was out of earshot before he spoke softly to her, "Can you cover our tracks out of camp? I realize it might take a bit longer, but I don't want anyone to be able to follow our trail directly. I figure we should make a proper survey of the area we sped through to get here on the way back to Oleg's, but that'll likely take longer and be harder to track as it is. We only need to make sure our direct trail out of this camp is obfuscated."

Konrad does his part to pack up Harbinger and the other retrieved supplies as well as the extra horses, eager to see what price they might fetch back at Oleg who would no doubt be grateful to have his stock back, and some draft animals besides. His only regret was not having yet found the ring he promised to retrieve for the tradesman's wife.

Anorin
2014-08-07, 09:00 PM
Adula nods as she and Zarus finished the pyre for the three dead bandits. Low burning wood, she wet the ground around it, little danger of a forest fire and in reasonably wet areas like this those tended to be more nuisance than destructive. She didn't go so far as to pray for the bandits, but hoped their spirits wouldn't come to haunt them knowing their killers had done them some small honor.

After lighting the pyre and after the others head on their way, Adula does her best to conceal the group's tracks.

With that done Adula settle into her assumed role as map maker. It made marginal sense given her eye for detail, but needing to stay with the group was a little unsettling for her. She does end up taking the manacles off the bandit, a show of good faith, though she does keep a close eye on him.

Not to stop him if he ran, but to skewer him if he drew a knife or some other concealed weapon.

Odentin
2014-08-07, 09:45 PM
As soon as the manacles are off, the bandit gives a nod of thanks to Adula and makes his way to the river, following it Northwest out of sight. After loading up and setting out, the group manages to explore and map the area around the bandit camp by nightfall. The night passes by peacefully, though when the group awakens in the morning, there seems to be a mixup with the bags. Each person's pack inexplicably contains belongings from everyone else in the party.

Once the confusion is sorted out, the group makes way again, exploring the area to the northeast. As they make their way through the underbrush, mapping and recording everything that they come across, a strange noise attracts their attention. As they get closer, they recognize the sound as moans of discomfort, though more high pitched than any humanoid. Soon enough, the source of the noise becomes apparent. The underbrush parts, revealing a sizable patch of what appear to be radishes. Sure enough, three baskets rest, overfilled with the root vegetables. Among them, five kobolds lay on their backs, moaning...

I'll need stealth checks from anyone that wants to sneak up on the kobolds. Otherwise, roll initiative.

Icilia
2014-08-08, 02:04 AM
Hearing the sounds of distress, Max moves forward with only minimal caution until he sees the kobolds. Once he sees them, he stops and is not sure on what to do. The creatures are obviously in distress, but what they creatures are, Max is not quite sure.

Anorin
2014-08-08, 08:32 AM
Adula crept silently through the underbrush, bow in hand, ready to pepper the Kobolds from afar.

Stealth: [roll0] +7

Initiative: [roll1] +6

TachyonBlade
2014-08-08, 09:28 AM
Zarus immediately became strung up when he saw the kobolds in front of them, and drew his dagger, preped for combat once more.

initiative

[roll0]

Spells prepared

Daze
Flare
Touch of Fatigue

Mage Armor
Color Spray
2 Summon Monster's.

LordHavelock
2014-08-08, 10:11 AM
Konrad draws his lance, but gives Adula a moment to set herself up, in the meantime trying to conjure up whatever he might remember about such creatures as these scaly things.

Knowledge: [roll1] (Untrained, max result 10)

Xunthrae
2014-08-08, 10:55 AM
Solenia draws her Spear, but just watches as she tries to stealthily approach.

[roll0] (Init)
[roll1] (stealth)

Odentin
2014-08-08, 10:02 PM
Solenia and Adula creep forward, attempting to sneak up on the moaning kobolds. Konrad, meanwhile, forgets how to do math, temporarily. As the two ladies move forward, it is Solenia this time that makes the mistake, moving too swiftly and with too little grace. The kobolds look up and start screaming between each other in draconic as they get to their feet and ready themselves for battle.

Gonna go as follows:
Adula/Solenia/Konrad
Kobolds
Party
Kobolds
Etc.

I'll do block for these tiny, insignificant creatures. I don't have a map for this, sorry. Shouldn't take too long...

LordHavelock
2014-08-09, 08:28 PM
Konrad leads the charge, spurring Harbinger into a full tilt as he lowers his lance with a cold glare in his eyes. No battle cry or rousing cheer is necessary for such loathsome little beasts, gibbering in their own tongue as they cry out in alarm. 'Pathetic.' Is the only thought that crosses his mind as he and Harbinger careen into the nearest kobold.

Konrad Charges: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]
Harbinger Charges w/Bite: [roll]1d20+6[/roll; Damage: [roll2]

TachyonBlade
2014-08-09, 08:48 PM
Zarus deigns to assist the charging Konrad in terms of defense, but realizes that to do so would require him to actually touch Konrad to channel the arcane energies around him. Being currently bereft of arcane reinforcement wasn't that much of a problem for Konrad, yet, though, so he decided to summon a creature to assist in the battle. He did so by once more tearing reality a very small opening, not very powerful by arcane standards, but enough to allow a creature, a dire rat to be specific, to enter the fray. Said dire rat immediately goes for the second closest kobold, to bite it.

Cast Summon Monster I

Dire Rat ( Celestial AugmentSummoning ) CR 1/3
XP 135
N Small animal
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; low-light vision, scent; Perception +4
DEFENSE
hp 7 (1d8+3)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1;
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5; SR 6;
OFFENSE
Melee bite +3 (1d4 plus disease+2)
Space 5 ft.Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks disease; Smite Evil 1/day (swift action, +Cha bonus to attack, +HD bonus to damage; persists until target dead or creature rests).
STATISTICS
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 4;
Base Atk 0; CMB 1; CMD 14
Skills Climb +13, Perception +4, Stealth +11, Swim +13; Racial Modifiers uses Dex to modify Climb and Swim
ECOLOGY
Environment any urban
Organization solitary or pack (2-20)
Treasure none
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Disease (Ex) Filth fever: Bite-injury; save Fort DC 13; onset 1d3 days; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Dex damage and 1d3 Con damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC 2 Constitution-based.

Anorin
2014-08-09, 10:42 PM
Adula lines up a shot picking an isolated Kobold. Of course, at the moment, the only thought in her mind was that bounty poster, it mentioned kobolds....

[roll0] This'll be a +5/ +6 if she's in pointblank

Odentin
2014-08-15, 09:37 PM
I'm gonna bot Solenia through this encounter. Since the group is headed back to Oleg's anyways, I will have her replacement there.

Zarus has already posted an action, so I'll use that for this round. Everyone else, feel free to move on. I apologize for the delay.

Even as the kobolds rise to combat, Konrad charges forward, his lance cleanly decapitating one of the poor lizards. Adula springs from her hidden vantage and lets an arrow fly, though it goes wide and sticks into a tree. Solenia follows Konrad into the fray, charging one of the surviving kobolds with her spear. Before Zarus and Max can act, the kobolds spring into action, bringing their tiny spears to bear on Konrad and Solenia.

Solenia Charge: [roll0]

Kobold 1 Atk: [roll2] vs Konrad
Kobold Dmg: [roll3]

Kobold 2 Atk: [roll4] vs Konrad
Kobold Dmg: [roll5]

Kobold 3 Atk: [roll6] vs Solenia
Kobold Dmg: [roll7]

Kobold 4 Atk: [roll8] vs Solenia
Kobold Dmg: [roll9]

Anorin
2014-08-19, 08:42 AM
Was waiting on Max, but I'll go ahead and post for now

Adula watched the unfolding melee, calculating distances in her head, she reached for the neck her new hand axe with her right hand, bow still in her left.

If Adula can charge she will do so, if no, she'll shoot then draw her axe.

Attack: [roll0] +6 on a charge +1 on the shoot (including melee penalties)

Damage:
Charge: [roll1]
Shoot: [roll2]

LordHavelock
2014-08-19, 08:38 PM
As the diminuitive reptiles turn their spears on Konrad, he drops his lane and draws his broadsword, striking out with the blade as he guards both himself and Harbinger in the swirling melee, trying to draw all three of the kobolds around them in order to keep them in the same place and present a greater target for his allies.

Drop Lance, move action to draw longsword.
Standard Action to Attack: [roll0]; Damage [roll1]
Harbinger Full Attack-
Bite: [roll2]; Damage [roll3]
Two Hooves: [roll]1d20-1[roll], [roll]1d20-1[roll]; Damage: [roll4], [roll5]

Odentin
2014-08-22, 08:38 PM
As the kobolds make their move, Zarus begins casting his spell, ripping a hole into another realm in order to bring forth a rodent of unnatural size to do battle for him. Adula charges forward, but is unable to make contact. Konrad and Harbinger, on the other hand, are effective immediately, tearing through the two lizards attacking them. Solenia takes a step back and swings her spear around, stabbing at one of the kobolds attacking her. Max, meanwhile, jumps up to make a strike with his rapier.

Solenia Attack: [roll0]

Max Attack: [roll2]

Kobold Attack [roll4] vs Solenia
Damage [roll5]

Kobold Attack [roll6] vs Max
Damage [roll7]

Edit: Yeesh. Those are some terrible rolls. Solenia takes 1 damage.

Anorin
2014-08-22, 11:23 PM
Adula curses under her breath, and strikes out again at the kobold.

Attack: [roll0] +4 to this one

TachyonBlade
2014-08-25, 10:07 PM
Zarus wasn't quite happy with the result of his first summoning, and decided he needed to confuse the kobolds, or they wouldn't get very far, so he reached into his pouch, and drew a few colored powders, and threw them forward, creating a cone of color, to act against the Kobolds who were clustered together, trying to get as many as possible in the cone.

Color Spray

SR: 10+4+1=15

LordHavelock
2014-08-26, 12:33 AM
Konrad attempts to maneuver out of the way of the dizzying array of colors which fly from Zarus's hand, trapping the vermin in a pincer maneuver between the mage's spells and his flashing blade, whilst Harbinger rearing into the air in an effort to crush the lizards under his steel shod hooves.

Standard Action to Attack: ; Damage
Harbinger Full Attack-
Bite: 1d20+4; Damage [/roll]1d4+3[/roll]
Two Hooves: , ; Damage: 1d6+3, [/roll]1d6+3[/roll]

Odentin
2014-08-26, 07:51 PM
Tach: Adula, Max, and Solenia were in melee with the last two kobolds. You caught all of them in your spell. :smallbiggrin:

Adula swings her axe around again, taking a chunk out of the nearest kobold, though not felling it. An instant later, Zarus' spell overtakes the melee, and both of the kobolds, as well as Max, fall to the ground, unconscious. Konrad is quick to put an end to one, while Solenia takes the time to fully end the final lizardman.

Solenia Coup De Grace's the last kobold.

Also, Harbinger can't make a full attack when he moves.

Combat over. 100 xp each.

Anorin
2014-08-27, 09:56 PM
Adula blinked slowly as the spots in her eyes settled. She was going to have a headache. She looked over at Max, laid out by the same spell Zarus had used to end the battle. He seemed to still be breathing. She doubted Zarus would hit them with anything that could kill them, then again... she was thinking too deeply into this, it had worked that was what mattered in the moment.

She rubbed her eyes a moment before she retrieved some rope to tie up the still breathing kobolds. When she finished her hasty work she looked at Zarus, "I appreciate the swift end to battle, but please don't make a habit of... whatever it is you did."

Odentin
2014-08-28, 11:48 AM
None of the kobolds still draw breath. Their five corpses (one missing a head) litter the ground amongst the still growing radishes and the three baskets of picked root vegetables.

Icilia
2014-09-03, 07:20 PM
After a short duration, Max awakens. Still severely disoriented, Max sits on the ground for some time, shaking his head. Why did he run in again? Was Max really going to make a bad habit of running straight in after Konrad? Max didn't even know what the creatures he had killed were.

Anorin
2014-09-04, 02:28 PM
Adula shrugged and rolled up her rope. She gave the place a cursory search, then, walking to a near by tree she marked it with her axe.

"I'll start marking our trail from here, the Kobolds have a bounty on their heads and this'll make it easier to find this place again."

With that she was prepared to go.

Take Ten on Perception for a total of 20

Odentin
2014-09-07, 06:35 PM
The group spends the rest of the day exploring the area around the radish patch, making detailed notes about the area and otherwise doing their duty. A strange occurrence, though, happens as the group passes through some brush thick enough that it is impossible to see each other. When Konrad breaks through on the other side, his armor is hot pink.

As night falls, the group makes camp and sets up watch. The night goes uneventfully, save for one oddity. At some point, the campfire suddenly puffs out, causing a great cloud of choking smoke to envelop the camp. Whoever is on watch must act quickly to fan the smoke away from the others and relight the fire.

When morning comes, the party packs up and prepares their breakfast, as well as preparing their spells for the day. It is at this time that Solenia makes an announcement. It seems that her connection to the Green Faith has caused her to receive visions at night, and these visions are leading her elsewhere. She is needed, and must heed the call. She signs over her part of the charter for whomever the rest of the group decides to have replace her, and takes her leave to the southwest. A few hours later, the group finally comes within sight of Oleg's. As they approach, a grisly sight reveals itself. The bandits left at the trading post have been hung from the walls as a warning.

Finally reaching the gates, the group is greeted by new faces. A group of armed guards now patrols the upper watches of the post, and one seems busy inspecting one of the catapults. As Oleg and Svetlana notice the group, they say a few quick words to one of the guards, who steps forward and offers his hand, "Aha, you must be the charter group. My name is Kesten Garess. I've been tasked with repairing and protecting this place from bandits, though it looks like you've beaten me to the punch." He seems unhappy at this fact, as if begrudging the group for doing his job for him.