PDA

View Full Version : stats for a character

Shadowscale
2014-06-22, 08:32 PM
I am trying to make a character sheet for a level 20th mystic theurge (favorite soul and sorcerer) half dragon (white dragon) whose base race is half elf.

Assuming starting first level stats of
13 strength
9 con
16 dex
7 intelligence
6 wisdom
20 charisma

My question is while ignoring level adjustment what would the level progression best be for such a character and what feats, and other such abilities should be picked up? What would a 20th level character sheet of a build like this be given the starting listings? Want to actually make a character sheet for this.

Urpriest
2014-06-23, 12:16 AM
I know this is an obnoxious question, but are those the classes you definitely want to use, or are you going for a more general "Cha-based caster with strong arcane and divine flavors"?

If you are determined to make a Favored Soul/Sorceror Mystic Theurge, which early entry techniques are allowed, if any?

sideswipe
2014-06-23, 05:48 AM
ok,

since you have picked a choice of relatively bad classes from the start, you could go with this.

versatile spellcaster + heighten spell, not for 9th level spells at level 1 type cheese, just so that by taking 1 level each of sorcerer and favoured soul you can cast both arcane and divine "2nd level spells" , then there is a choice one level in either one. this gives you the 6 skill ranks in each of the knowledges to get you into mystic theurge. (there are many other cheesey-er ways to do it, this is the least so without making your character very gimped.)
you then take MT 10, and you ask your dm, that since it is such a basic class, that you can just take more levels in it, since it has no class features at all and poor base attack and saves for the most part. and it hurts your spellcasting more in one class then taking it straight.

if you dm allows this you become either
sorcerer 1/favoured soul 2/MT 17 or
sorcerer 2/favoured soul 1/MT 17

each give you 9th level casting in both but one at level 19 and one at 20.

this is RAW, and although legal, ask your DM about it all. it does take rules as intended and give them a bit of shafting.

Pilo
2014-06-23, 07:16 AM
To sideswipe :
MT has an epic level progression which give you a + caster level in only one of your class at a time.

sideswipe
2014-06-23, 10:35 AM
To sideswipe :
MT has an epic level progression which give you a + caster level in only one of your class at a time.

never seen or heard of this. but i know a few dm's who know it is really a trap class and just say (as long as its pre epic it can just continue as far as you want).

i never mentioned epic levels so i don't really know why you mentioned it, but thank you for the information.

edit - just googled it and yes its an epic levels class so only 21st +

rg9000
2014-06-23, 11:09 AM
How does a half-elf have 20 charisma at level 1?

Urpriest
2014-06-23, 01:03 PM
How does a half-elf have 20 charisma at level 1?

Half-Dragon with free LA.

Shadowscale
2014-06-23, 05:16 PM
I know this is an obnoxious question, but are those the classes you definitely want to use, or are you going for a more general "Cha-based caster with strong arcane and divine flavors"?

If you are determined to make a Favored Soul/Sorceror Mystic Theurge, which early entry techniques are allowed, if any?

Versatile spellcaster and heighten spell.
This is a 20th level thing though, so I'm curious what I should be taking feat, skill, item, and advancement wise though. Never done such a high level campaign and wouldn't know what to buy and whatnot. I know I wanna have my charisma as high as possible though, and I think all 5 attribute boost should go towards charisma.

I do appreciate all help on all this.

Just a little difficult, but I realy want to make this concept work as a very powerful natural born spellcaster.

I think I qualify for draconic feats, half-elf paragon, and a bunch of other good things with this build.
I know its not optimal, but I want to try to make it fun and playable while still sticking to the main sorc/fs theurge.

Vhaidara
2014-06-23, 06:15 PM
Um, you do know that your FS spells will have saves of 8+ spell level with that wisdom, right?

Karnith
2014-06-23, 06:33 PM
Um, you do know that your FS spells will have saves of 8+ spell level with that wisdom, right?
Luckily it's not a huge deal; you can have perfectly serviceable FS spells known without taking any spells that allow saving throws. Getting Sorc casting in addition means that it's even less of an issue.

Shadowscale
2014-06-23, 11:19 PM
I'm okay with that.

Would really appreciate help making a level 20 character sheet though.