PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Desert Races

thorbwahahahaha
2014-06-22, 09:50 PM
Hi! My group has recently hit a desert continent, and I was wondering if there are any unique/strange desert races available in 3.5?

There probably are, the problem is I don't really know any good way of finding them besides checking every race from every book ever printed under 3.5. The races I want are those that are unique or strange, none of those Desert Halfling or Desert Elves that I keep finding about the forums. Anybody know any good-strange races?

Boci
2014-06-22, 10:06 PM
Sandstorm, the desert book, has several races but only two of them can be considered new races, the others are desert variant of existing races.

Diovid
2014-06-23, 02:46 AM
I'm sure you've seen these (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#desertRaces) but I thought I'd mention them anyway. Like the Sandstorm races they aren't actually strange or unique however.

AlanBruce
2014-06-23, 02:54 AM
If you're looking for desert races, the more unique ones should be the monstrous ones found in the various MM. Many advance by class levels, others by RHD, but you can still add class levels to those if you want unqiue variations of the monster.

A few off the top of my head:

Efreet (MM)

Marid (MM)

Braxat (MM2)

Harsaff (MM3)

Mummies (MM)

I'm sure there are more, but these are very desert themed (not too sure about the Braxat, but i think it lives in warm environments) and they should fit in your campaign quite nicely.

Jeff the Green
2014-06-23, 03:14 AM
Sandstorm, the desert book, has several races but only two of them can be considered new races, the others are desert variant of existing races.

Specifically, bhuka (goblinoids) and asherati (weird glowy sandshark people).

I also like fire genasi and lizardfolk in deserts.

Komatik
2014-06-23, 03:26 AM
Necropolitans ought to fit a desert really nicely, too.

I also like fire genasi and lizardfolk in deserts.

Whenever I hear the word genasi I get depressed :(

Arutema
2014-06-23, 03:37 AM
You could backport the Kasatha (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Kasatha) from PF. I suspect they'd work out to LA +2 in 3.5 due to their built-in dodge bonus, 4-armed nature and above-average stat modifiers if nothing else.

Jeff the Green
2014-06-23, 03:40 AM
Whenever I hear the word genasi I get depressed :(

Why? white text