PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Two questions: low-bookkeeping high-level cleric build and NPC drafting

Kazyan
2014-06-23, 01:31 AM
So I have a cleric of Lyris in my campaign setting that helps babysit a city. They're planning to rez him and then draft him into their battle against a homebrew Elder Evil, blah blah blah. As a DM, I am already running some NPCs that they keep with them--one of them is a Factotum/Chameleon with various plot-powered abilities, they've quickly found the usefulness of a Warblade, and there's a Sorcerer that I've so far managed to justify staying on their ship instead of coming to their battles. And now they're going to draft a Cleric on top of this, because they've decided to try and get basically every powerful character and/or monster in the setting to help to fight an Elder Evil.

I...do not want to do much more bookkeeping, here.

So, I need a cleric of Lyris of level 17, 18, or 19 that doesn't depend on applying lots of buffs with various effects. Buffs that are just +numbers are fine, but I'm already losing track of buffs and debuffs. Please do not suggest DMM: Persist or similar levels of cheese; the only people who do that in this setting are...the players, actually.

Secondly, how do I deal with the PCs drafting NPCs? They're already trying to bring a Chronotyryn they met back to life, using his head (which an assassin dropped in front of the PCs for dramatic effect). If this gets out of hand, the game will approach a form of solo D&D, with me as a player.