PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: D-Sixie

bekeleven
2014-06-23, 01:47 AM
This is a simple challenge. Create a build for a pixie capable of rolling the most dice in a single damage roll. Do so without using any infinite loops. I'd prefer no spells, but I'm also interested in what spells can do. (Reserves of Strength is banned for this contest.)

The pixie should probably be level 17, which assumes an LA reduced by 1.

Example: Major Titan-Blooded Pixie, Rogue 15/Swordsage 1. Has 8D6 Sneak attack and swings a mighty walloped gargantuan warhammer for 6D6. Throw in +3D6 Sneak Attack from a WSA and Assassin's Stance, then give the weapon a few elemental SWAs too. Easy to hit 20D6+ that way.

Of course, this is nothing. I have 20D6 from playing shadowrun 5E. Make me break out my 4E emergency supply!

Edit: Expanding "infinite" to "unbounded." I mistakenly assumed these were considered equivalent.

With a box
2014-06-23, 02:28 AM
Disintegrate? It will deal 32D6 with caster level 16

A_S
2014-06-23, 02:34 AM
By "infinite loops," do you mean to include stuff that can raise some stat to an arbitrarily high, but finite, value (commonly referred to as "nigh infinite" or NI)?

For instance, by alternating castings of Consumptive Field and Greater Consumptive Field, you can just keep raising your caster level for as long as you feel like casting the spells. Then drop a Wings of Flurry (1d6/level Force damage, uncapped), and roll as many d6 as you feel like.

*edit* As for a build: Cleric 17 with the Spell domain. Cast (Greater) Consumptive Field to murder a million squirrels, then use Greater Anyspell to cast Wings of Flurry for NId6 damage.

sideswipe
2014-06-23, 09:21 AM
ok swordsage 1 for assassin stance - 2d6
rogue 1 - 1d6
sneak attack fighter 1 - 1d6
ninja 1 - 1d6
scout 5 + improved skirmish - 4d6
assassin 1 - 1d6
spelltheif 1 - 1d6
factotum 4 - casting divination spells for unseen seer + inspiration points in sneak attack (3d6 without improvement)
unseen seer 1 - 1d6

thats 16 levels off the top of my head, then you can add 4 more levels or rogue, ninja or sneak attack fighter to get +2d6 more.

this is with only spending 1 feat.

be a human and take the factotum levels first. + able learner.

max iaijitsu focus and take ex weapon prof. gnomish quick razor.

you have (with 2 flaws) 10 feats,
1. able learner
human - ex weap prof.
flaw - font of inspiration (1)
flaw - font of inspiration (3)
3 - font of inspiration (6)
6 - font of inspiration (10)
9 - (after 5 levels of scout) - improved skirmish
12 - font of inspiration (15)
15 - font of inspiration (21)
18 - font of inspiration (28)

so at level 20, before any items at all you get
17d6 from levels including normal amount of inspiration + 28d6 from extra inspiration + 9d6 from iaijitsu focus

with a dc 40 tumble you can get this each round with a 10ft step. and do multiple attacks but no inspriation on those.

adding a rogues vest extra 1d6 (i have never looked into items further).

im sure a nice manouver will add 1-2 d6

so that is 55d6 + manouver dice + weapon damage + anything else.

you could have a +1 weapon with +9 enchants that give 1d6 each (somehow)

make that 64d6 + the rest

im sure someone can build on this. i have used no homebrew and only 1 drag mag thing.

help him people.

edit. ignore the last 2d6 from 4 extra levels. pick a level in anything. and drop everything i said in my calculations by 2d6

Vaz
2014-06-23, 10:00 AM
Without infinite loop
Unseelie Magic Blooded Venerable Pixie Sorcerer 17, +6 Cloak, +5 Tome, +4 Levelling Cha, has 46 Charisma. With a 2x Ring of Wizardry 4's, and Arcane Strike, the Pixie needs to Polymorph into a Dusk Giant, and carry on eating until its BAB is +479 or higher. It then triggers arcane strike, burns all of its spell slots, and deals +479d4 damage on each attack.

With Infinite loop
Just use one of the many ways to get infinite charisma, and use all of the bonus spell slots.