View Full Version : Rules Q&A Is this posible?

Yael
2014-06-23, 03:11 AM
So, 3.X, I have a character with ranks in tumble, jump, iaiutsu focus and the Acrobatic Backstab skill trick, also I have the ability to use the Sudden Leap (Tiger Claw) maneuver.

I want to jump to an enemy from standing the ground, tumble on his head, falling behind him, and using the skill trick to perform an Iaiutsu Focus empowered attack. Is this possible to be done in just one turn?

Firest Kathon
2014-06-23, 06:05 AM
That should be possible to do in one round. Using Sudden Leap, your movement is only a swift action (DC 20 Jump (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/jump.htm) check, 10 ft. distance x2 because you do not have a running start). Tumble is part of the movement, DC 25 as normal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/tumble.htm). You then use your move action to draw a weapon to enable Iaiutsu Focus and your standard action to attack. You need a speed of at least 20 ft., as you move only half your speed when tumbling (or have a speed of 10 ft. and take the -10 on the Tumble check for moving more than half your speed).

It should also work without Sudden Leap if you have a Base Attack Bonus of at least +1, since you can draw your weapon as part of a movement action.

Using Pathfinder rules, it works the same, but it would be two Acrobatics checks, one for jumping and one for tumbling. The DC of the Acrobatics(Tumble) check would be the opponent's CMD + 5.

sideswipe
2014-06-23, 10:29 AM
gnomish quick razor and you gain your move action back as it is drawn and sheathed as part of each attack. so you can move, get the bonus on your jump then roll over their head and land and stab. i believe there are many ways to get "always count as running when jumping" and i believe one way is a stance.

in that case you could jump say 20 ft towards them from standing for no penalty, tumble over head as part of that swift action move. stabby stab stab and then move action away again. then you just need a way to move away without AoO, so find a skill trick or something that will allow this. can you tumble again DC 15 to move action full speed with no AoO? is tumbling twice in a turn possible?