basilisk 89
2007-02-24, 04:28 PM
Two Things:

One: How can I change my avatar?

Two: How do I make polls?

Thanks!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-02-24, 04:47 PM
Here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions at the bottom.

Next, in the Original Post, there's the Poll Option.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-24, 04:59 PM
Go to the "Quick Links" menu at the top of the forum page.
Select "Edit Options".
On the next page, you will find a box that says, "Miscellaneous Options" near the bottom. You will find the avatar options there.
In the sub-box labeled "Avatar" select whether you want no avatar (the "None" radio button) a standard avatar created by Rich Burlew ("Order of the Stick"), or a custom avatar ("Custom") that you provide yourself.
If you selected the "None" option: Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page. You are now finished and will have no avatar.
If you selected the "Order of the Stick" option:Use the pull-down menu in the "Order of the Stick Avatar" sub-box to choose an avatar. (You are currently using the "AssassinGuy" avatar.) You will have save the changes to actually view the avatar you select, so you may have to go through this process several times before you find an avatar you want.
To commit an avatar change, click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page. You are now finished and will have an Order of the Stick Avatar.
If you selected the "Custom" option: You must upload your custom avatar to an image hosting service such as Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) or Village Photos (http://www.villagephotos.com/). This image must be at least 20 pixels wide by 20 pixels tall but no more than 120 pixels wide by 120 pixels tall.
Once you have done that, you will have a URL for your image, which you must provide in the "Custom Avatar URL" text box.
Provide your custom avatar's image dimensions in the "Custom Avatar Width" and "Custom Avatar Height" boxes. For instance, if I have an avatar that measures 100x75 pixels, I would enter "100" in the "Custom Avatar Width" text box and "75" in the "Custom Avatar Height" text box.
To commit an avatar change, click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page. You are now finished and will have your own custom Avatar.

Polls
While viewing a particular forum, such as Gaming (d20 and Other Role-playing), select the "New Thread" link.
On the resulting page, enter a title for your thread, and the first post of the thread. This message will generally explain the purpose of the poll, and, if you aren't worried about influencing other people's answers, you may even describe which option you personally chose.
Below the "Submit New Thread" and "Preview Post" buttons under the main message text area, there is a box labeled "Additional Options". Within this box is a checkbox labeled "Post a Poll". Select this checkbox.
In the text box below the checkbox, enter the number of available options poll respondents may choose from. Currently, there is a maximum limit of five options on all new polls, so the number must be between 2 and five, inclusive.
Hit the "Submit New Thread" button, and you will be taken to a screen where you can flesh out the poll. This includes setting the poll's question, and labeling the possible responses. I have never created a poll myself, so I cannot give you a detailed walkthrough. However, I believe what follows should be pretty self-explanatory, so I'll let you explore beyond that.

basilisk 89
2007-02-24, 05:01 PM
Thank you!!!

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-24, 06:56 PM
You are most welcome! :biggrin: