PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help me with early entry for Master Transmogrifist

Xathrax
2014-06-23, 07:43 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been searching high and low, but with no luck at all. Other than being a kobold is there any way to cast polymorph before level 7? Most books except Unearthed Arcana and ToB are available. Also nothing with psionics.

Nightraiderx
2014-06-23, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been searching high and low, but with no luck at all. Other than being a kobold is there any way to cast polymorph before level 7? Most books except Unearthed Arcana and ToB are available.

Step 1: Play a wizard
Step 2: Take spontaneous divination alt
Step 3: Take Versatile Spellcaster feat at lvl 6
Step 4: Buy scroll of polymorph and write into spell book.

Now you can get in at lvl 6. Best I can do.

Xathrax
2014-06-23, 11:14 AM
Out of interest - does a high ability modifier actually give you a spell slot of a higher level and just the fact that you don't have a sufficient level in the spellcasting class is what prevents you from using it? Because in that case if you have sufficient intelligence to have 2 extra 3rd level you could just have take a level in wizard and a level in sorcerer and go from there.

Oscredwin
2014-06-23, 11:35 AM
Wisdom of 14, Arcane Disciple Feat for the Alteration Domain (DLCS) and then the Elf generalist versatile spellcaster trick.

Rebel7284
2014-06-23, 11:39 AM
Step 1: Be a Wilder
Step 2: Pay an STP Erudite to Psychic Chirurgery you Alter Self and Polymorph
Step 3: Wild Surge

Can enter at 5 or earlier if you can find more ways to boost manifester level.

The problem is that you're not an arcane caster and are not "casting" either spell but are manifesting a power.

Xathrax
2014-06-23, 11:39 AM
Wisdom of 14, Arcane Disciple Feat for the Alteration Domain (DLCS) and then the Elf generalist versatile spellcaster trick.

Can you elaborate?

Xathrax
2014-06-26, 10:38 AM
Any other thoughts on this? Updated the OP a bit with books I cannot use.

Menzath
2014-06-26, 05:56 PM
Not sure if this is rules legal and requires broken wbl but here goes.
Wizard/psion(or wilder)1.
Scroll of shapechange and power stone of astral seed. 5 hired bards that can all use inspire greatness.

Have bards inspire you giving 10 extra HD(lucky the HD bonus isn't defined) shapechane to a pleasure devil(demon? Whatever in fiendsh codex or something else with 13hd or less that polys) now cast astral seed. Then go to a safe location and suicide.
A few days later you emerge as a wiz 2 with all the stats and (su) and (sp) of a pleasure devil.

But of course this process may be flawed simply by the whole bard thing. But scrolls and a power stone with one use left should be cheap enough.

dextercorvia
2014-06-26, 06:28 PM
Sorcerer with Apprentice Spellcaster, Mother Cyst, and Versatile Spellcaster can cast polymorph at level 6. That is probably the least cheesy way to do it.