PDA

View Full Version : Dementrivia I (Round 1) Vote for the Winner

Silkenfist
2007-02-24, 04:43 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I announce the end of Dementrivia's first round. 11 riddlers took their crack at unveiling the mysterious figure that possibly took the place of George Washington. Now let's see what you thought of...

The Question: According to conspiracy theorists, the Illuminates secretly mudered and replaced George Washington with one of their own. Who allegedly took the place of Washington?

The correct answer: Adam Weishaupt, founder of the Bavarian Illuminates, allegedly replaced George Washington.

On to your answers:

Answer 1:
Abraham the Magnificent and the Abso-wombatting-lutely Cool, The Conqueror of Worlds, the Devourer of Souls, The Darkness Incarnate and the Shrouder of the Veil.
Also known as my junior high history teacher, who also taught Conan the ways of the sword.

Answer 2:
Ronald McDonald, with the Fry Cook Secret Police.

Answer 3:
An insane alien robot clone from the plant Uugard that likes to square dance, but hates country music.

Answer 4:
Benladden took the place of george Washington

Answer 5:
Well, it obviously is Harry Potter, while he's currently minister president of the Netherlands, he has been in power everywhere

Answer 6:
Benedict Arnold.

Answer 7:
Colonel Mustard in the Study with the Candlestick.

Answer 8:
Jesus Christ

Answer 9:
The illuminate wanted to establish a european like monarchy in the USA so they took a poor european aristocrat from Rumania.
The chosen one, Count Vlad Dracul, unfortunatly wanted first to execute W. Penn for misspelling the name of his home country, so the illuminate had to kill him short after the replacement. They infected Mr. Dracul with Epiglottitis and then led him bled to death.

Answer 10:
Sir Hubert Winston Everage II. - Great-Grandfather of Dame Edna Everage. The love for wigs became heritable in the family.

Answer 11:
It was a little known lumberjack from South Carolina, who implemented a process of deforestation, starting with all the cherry trees in sight

Now it is up to you, Which answer is the "best" one. Since I can't have a poll for this stuff, vote for your favorite by replying. Please make it crystal clear, which one you vote for.
Additional debate and giving honors is allowed.

Need to check the rules again? Go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35592&highlight=Dementrivia)

Vote is open NOW and ends Monday, 2 PM Eastern

Lucky
2007-02-24, 04:48 PM
I vote for seven, in this thread, with this reply.

Zar Peter
2007-02-24, 04:56 PM
I vote for answer 10

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-24, 05:30 PM
:biggrin: I vote for 7.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-24, 11:37 PM
I also vote for 7!

*inflicts 4TH DEGREE murder on ^*

*runs like hell*

Raistlin1040
2007-02-24, 11:41 PM
I vote for 11

Shadow
2007-02-25, 01:58 AM
(post to suscribe, so that I can join as the next question is asked...)

Indurain
2007-02-25, 02:03 AM
My vote goes to #1. Is there any chance of joining for round 2?

Shadow
2007-02-25, 02:05 AM
Yeah, after reading the rules I would assume so.
We'd just start a bit behind is all...
(That's why I didn't vote yet. No sense in getting even more behind because of myself...)

[edit] Ahh... what the heck. Number Two! Go Mayor McCheese!

Silkenfist
2007-02-25, 03:08 AM
Indurain, Shadow: You don't need to sign up for the game. Just send me your answer in time next round.

Castaras
2007-02-25, 03:33 AM
Answer 7Just making it clear.

faerwain
2007-02-25, 06:44 AM
Hard race between 1 and 11...

I vote 11

And there are strange pepople on this ground :smallbiggrin:

Deckmaster
2007-02-25, 10:34 AM
I vote for 8. Because answering almost anything with that is funny.

evnafets
2007-02-25, 04:18 PM
I'll go for response #10

Tormsskull
2007-02-26, 06:31 AM
I totally missed this first round. My answer would have so been Dan Brown.

Anyhow, I vote for #7.

David94
2007-02-26, 10:48 AM
I vote for 7.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-26, 12:41 PM
7 is good, but the cherry tree reference makes me choose 11

*the llama picks 11*

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-02-26, 03:15 PM
I'm going to go for 7. I would have picked 6 if it had been traitorous eggs (eggs Benedict instead of the traitor himself).

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-26, 03:42 PM
I vote for number 8. Go sacriligious humour! (Hey, just because I'm studying for the pastorate doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good joke when I see one...)

Silkenfist
2007-02-26, 04:41 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen: The poll is closed, now let's have a look at your favorites. Starting with:

Answer 1 by Kanthalas
1 vote by Indurain

Answer 2 by Eldritch Knight
1 vote by Shadow

Answer 3 by purple gelatinous cube o' doom

Answer 4 by Frigs

Answer 5 by Gezina

Answer 6 by heretic

Answer 7 by Deckmaster
7 votes by Lucky, Captain van der Decken, DLD, Castaras, Tormsskull, David94 and purple cube

Answer 8 by Rama Lei
2 votes by Deckmaster and Eldritch Knight

Answer 9 by Zar Peter

Answer 10 by faerwain
2 votes by evnafets and Zar Peter

Answer 11 by evnafets
3 votes by Raistlin, faerwain and Atreyu the Masked Llama

And the winner is - pretty disambiguously - Deckmasters answer. If DLD and Van der Decken agree on something, you can be pretty sure that it IS truth. Although I am surprised, nobody told the actual truth about...you know Indurain's plots...back then?

The Standings:

1. Deckmaster (15 Punkte)
2. evnafets (4)
3. faerwain (3)
4. Rama Lei, Eldritch Knight (2)
6. Khantalas, Indurain, Lucky, Captain van der Decken, DLD, Castaras, Tormsskull, David94, purple cube, Zar Peter, Raistlin, Shadow, Atreyu the Masked Llama (1)

Deckmaster takes the lead with a strong first round. However, it is a long way to the finish and there is plenty opportunity to catch him.

Next round will appear later.

Shadow
2007-02-27, 09:25 PM
In case anyone is looking for it, the second question appears HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35974).

[edit] Not that it really matters much, but don't I get a point for voting?

Silkenfist
2007-02-27, 09:32 PM
Uhm...correct