PDA

View Full Version : What's in store for Elan and Haley?

basilisk 89
2007-02-24, 05:13 PM
What do you think will happen to these two by the comic's end?

Happily Ever After: Basicaly, they come out of it unharmed and unscathed. Haley and Elan settle down, have kids, etc etc.

Haley Dies She dies before the comic's over (not necessarily at Azure City, could be a later point).

Elan Dies See above.

They Die Together: They both die at the same time. Like they are fighting . Elan/Haley is wounded, then the other rushes to the rescue. Then they realize they are both going to die, and [I]poof. Or something like this.

Die But Resurected: This could mean one of them dies, and the other is resurected, or they both die and are resurected. Alternatively (but no very original, I doubt Giant will do this), one is killed but the power of love brings him/her back.

Tilian
2007-02-24, 05:52 PM
There's still the matter of the Thieves Guild's grudge against Haley to be settled. There's at least one assassin working for them that wouldn't mind having a shot at her. For some reason I can't help but think that any attack made on her is going to end with Elan being hurt more than her, because you know, optimized tragedy.

You might want to put (Spoiler) in the thread title, for safety's sake.

fruityjanitor
2007-02-24, 05:57 PM
Belkar's description of Chaotic Good heaven sounded like a good place to have a happy ending (remember that the Kobold predicted Elan would have one). Especially if your significant other is there with you.

(Voted "Both die")

Actually, I don't really think that's what will happen. But it COULD happen!

Terraxos
2007-02-24, 06:05 PM
I voted for 'Haley dies' - but to be honest, I don't really think it's going to happen. I reckon they're going to live happily ever after. But I just kept thinking of the Oracle's words to Elan - "Will this story have a happy ending?" "Yes - for you, at least." It's the 'at least' part that gives me a horrible feeling someone else is going to die.

OK, if Haley died Elan probably wouldn't have a happy ending; and besides, there are reasons to think that if a member of the OOTS dies, it'll be someone else (see the Oracle comic again). But I'm just making the point that while we can always be pretty sure that Elan won't die, I'm much less certain about Haley...

:smalleek:

Demented
2007-02-24, 07:51 PM
I spontaneously voted 'Haley dies' for the sudden onset of a mean streak, and I don't know why it happened.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-24, 07:53 PM
Four Words:

Bow Chika Bow Wow!!!

Mr. Moon
2007-02-24, 09:44 PM
@^: ... Meaning...?

Even my powers of plot-inturpritation are renderd useless at such an infanite probabilaty. Happily Ever? Probably. But I'm not betting on it.

the_tick_rules
2007-02-24, 10:11 PM
i hope it works out. the oracle did say elan would have a happy ending.

Atheist_Cleric
2007-02-24, 10:47 PM
Here's a point to ponder. What if at the end, Elan is the only one who does die? Now I know that doesnt sound like a happy ending, but if you consider that he might die saving all his friends...what could make Elan happier than helping everyone? And this possibility would also account for the "at least" comment, because everyone else (especially Haley) would be sad that Elan died.

InfiniteMiller
2007-02-24, 11:09 PM
Elan dying would be the single most tragic thing that could happen in this comic and I can't wait to see it.

So that's how I voted.

archon_huskie
2007-02-25, 01:59 AM
everyone dies eventualy

Thexare Blademoon
2007-02-25, 03:55 AM
everyone dies eventualy
:xykon:

That's all I have to say about that.

As for what I expect... I've learned that what I expect is almost never right wiht this comic, which leads into some sort of paradox with trying to reason this out... crap. >_< I'm just gonna go with Elan dies.

MrBean13
2007-02-25, 02:11 PM
I don't think one of them will die. At least not in this battle. After all there is still the prophecy that Elan will have a happy ending, this including that Haley and he will survive the attack. Or would the Giant be this cruel?

Green Bean
2007-02-25, 02:21 PM
They live happily ever after and have forty children together...

TheOtherMC
2007-02-25, 02:23 PM

To reiterate: Bow Chika Bow Wow!

BisectedBrioche
2007-02-25, 02:23 PM
Elan's apparently going to have a happy ending. So for now I'll go with "happily ever after".

The Extinguisher
2007-02-25, 02:35 PM
If Elan dies, that makes sense. He wouldn't get a happy ending if any one else died, and if he managed to save their lives before he died, he would be very happy.

Thats my vote.

Lizard Lord
2007-02-25, 05:30 PM
The oracle already said what happens. Elan won't have a happy ending if Haley dies.

dauvis
2007-02-25, 07:40 PM
They both die. Nobody's immortal....

oh...

You didn't mean it that way?

agentx42
2007-02-26, 12:19 PM
The oracle said it, I believe it, that settles it. Unless he's completely wrong, which would make me I'm twice the idiot I already am. And that is an awful lot of idiot.

Sesquedoodle
2007-02-26, 03:08 PM
I think they'll have a happily ever after ending.

Which is not to say there won't be plenty of trouble before they GET to the end. The basis of all drama is conflict, right?

Fox
2007-02-26, 09:10 PM
Live happily without a doubt.

Those who voted for something else are implying that the oracle is lying!

krossbow
2007-02-26, 09:13 PM

do you have any idea how much damage that many elan-spawn would have on the world?!

one elan drives people insane; 40?

And if they don't drive people insane, theirs still that nasty thing of half his family being maniacal murderers... some things run in the family...
________
Medical Marijuana Dispensary (http://dispensaries.org/)

TheOtherMC
2007-02-26, 09:26 PM
do you have any idea how much damage that many elan-spawn would have on the world?!

one elan drives people insane; 40?

And if they don't drive people insane, theirs still that nasty thing of half his family being maniacal murderers... some things run in the family...

Well you know, The Giant works in mysterious ways...