PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other [3.5 Monster] Kha'Kin. [WIP]

Yael
2014-06-23, 07:40 PM
My first published homebrew, maybe it is somewhat overpowered, so that's why it is here. Every tip will be read and considered, thank you in advance.

• 6/23/2014 — First version.
• 6/23/2014 — Changed Leap from Ex to Sp, Void spikes after a Leap changed to Swift from Free action, fixed the full attack seccion of the chart, changed True Evolution's Evolution advancement (free evolutions removed), "lesser" Kha'Kin removed, added a circumstance evolution to Claws.
Fixed the chart.
• 6/23/2014 — Void Spikes bonus spike from +1d4/2HD beyond 6th to +1d4/2HD.
Added a bonus effect to Taste their Fear for Evolved Spikes
• 6/23/2014 — Unseen Threat bonus to attack rolls changed to half HD from full HD and same bonus to damage rolls changed to HD from twice HD.
Void Spikes attack roll changed from ranged touch to ranged attack.

Kha'Kin, the Reavers of the Void.

From the deeps of the void, the supreme predator races dwell in dark places and hunt their food.

http://st.elohell.net/public/chill/e714282062bed10c8354aec9832c64fe.jpg

Kha'Kin.

Size/Type.Medium Aberration (Extraplanar)

Hit Dice.6d8+18 (38hp)

Initiative.+3

Speed.40ft (8 squares)

Armor Class.17 (+3 dex, +4 natural), Flat-footed 14, Touch 13

Base Attack/Grapple.+4/+8

Attack.Claw +9 melee (1d4+4, x2)
[/tr]

Full Attack.2 Claws +9 melee (1d4+4, x2)

Space/Reach.5ft. /5ft.

Special Attacks.Leap, Void Assault, Void Spikes

Special QualitiesAberration Traits, Darkvision 60ft, Taste their Fear, True Evolution, Unseen Threat

Saves.Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +5

Abilities.Str 19, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8

Skills.Hide +11, Jump +15, Survival +6 (+10 track)

Feats.Improved Initiative, Stealthy, Track, Weapon Focus (Claw)

[B]Environment.Isolated Areas, Underdark, Void
[/tr]

[td]Organization.Solitary or squadron (3-4)

Challenge Rating.6

Advancement.6-12 (medium), 13-18 (large)

Level Adjustment.—

Kha'kin are mantis-like aberrations that hunt in solitary or in group, they have two sharp claws that they employ to tear away flesh of their victims and devour them after the hunt is over. They posees very strong legs so they can jump far distances, and they have spikes on their shoulders that they can shoot to their enemies. There is also another capability of them, they can enter stealth for a brief period of time.
The Kha'Kin come from the void, a twisted plane where aberrations have their home. They also live on the underdark, their society is not well seen by any other underdwellers, but they are feared as enemies, so as long as Kha'Kin are on their cities (dens), other races do not fight them.
Kha'Kin speak common, undercommon and Voidkin.
Lesser Kha'Kin get a +4 racial bonus on jump checks, also they get a +4 racial bonus on survival checks when tracking.

Combat.

Claws.
The Kha'Kin claws are threated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction and hitting incorporeals.
Evolved Claws.
When the Kha'Kin claws are evolved, they grow bigger and sharper, perfect for assasination, and hunting. When evolved, Kha;Kin claws are treated as large (now dealing 1d6), their crit multiplier damage is increased from x2 to x3.

A Greater version of Kha'Kin obtaining this evolution will have their claws being threated as having the Vorpal ability (this ability only will activate if the critical hit was a result of a natural 20), this means they do not get the bonus crit multiplier.

Sp: Leap.
The Kha'Kin can attempt a jump check without running, this ability is exatly the same as the Sudden Leap maneuver, except for the following: If the Kha'Kin is unseen (as hidden or invisible), they get a +5 on its jump check. Also, if they land on an adjacent square to an enemy, adjacent creatures take 1d8+1d8/4HD (Reflex save DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Str halves). After a successful leap (landing adjacent to a creature) the Kha'Kin may now do its Void Spikes attack as a swift action that does not provokes attacks of oportunity.
Evolved Wings.
If the Leap ability was evolved, the Kha'Kin grows insect-like wings, which helps it to jump harder and glide, its racial jump bonus increases from +4 to +8, also, if they jump from unseen, they get a +8 bonus on its jump check. If the Kha'kin hits an enemy, the damage is increased from d8's to d10's. The Kha'Kin gets the Gliding extraordinary ability if their Leap is evolved (see Races of the Wild, p68 for more details on the Gliding ability.)

Ex: Taste their Fear.
If an enemy is isolated (separated at least in a 20ft-radius from any nearby ally of their), the Kha'Kin get a +5 bonus to his leap if used against a single target, the void spikes get a +2 bonus on the attack roll (evolved void spikes get a +2 to the DC) and 1d4 extra damage dice, and a bonus equal to half the Kha'Kin HD to attack and damage rolls.
Evolved Thrirst.
If the Taste their Fear ability is evolved, the thrirst of blood increases (similar to Unseen Threat evolution), the Kha'Kin gets an agressive instinct to fulfill his thirst. Any bonus from Taste their Fear is doubled, the radius range that the enemies must be separated by remains the same.) The Kha'Kin enhances his racial bonus to survival when tracking by +4 (to a total of +8.)

Ex: True Evolution.
The Kha'Kin are known to be special by their own way, they can evolve any of their basic abilities to enhance their hunting capabilities. A Lesser Kha'Kin begins with one evolution of its choice, which must be available for him (see below.)
They can evolve the following abilities once for every every 3HDs beyond 6th (they get their first evolution at 6th): Claws, Leap, Taste their feat, Unseen Threat, Void Assault, Void Spikes.
Also, depending on the rank of the Kha'Kin, there is a limit of which evolutions may be taken.
Kha'Kin: Evolved Active Camouflage, Evolved Claws, Evolved Void Spikes & Evolved Wings.
Greater Kha'Kin: Evolved Active Camouflage, Evolved Claws, Evolved Danger, Evolved Thrirst, Evolved Void Spikes & Evolved Wings.

Ex: Unseen Threat.
The Kha'Kin are hunters, they stalk their prey until they get the chance to deal a single and lethal blow. As long as the Kha'Kin remains unseen (hidden or invisible), they get a bonus to its attack rolls equal to half their HD and a bonus to their damage rolls equal to its HD. This bonus remains also one round after exiting stealth (the same round that stealth was exited.)
Evolved Danger.
When their unseen threat ability is evolved, their hunger of flesh increases, resulting in honer senses. They get a +2 bonus on each roll they do, also, if they were unseen (hidden or invisible), the bonus is +4 (this applies to every roll the Kha'Kin do.) Also, their claws may injure deeply their victims, causing bleeding (only affects living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to this bleeding effect). The bleed deals 1d4 points of damage every turn until it was properly treated by a DC10 heal check or any magical healing (such as the cure wounds line of spells.)

Su: Void Assault.
The skin of the Kha'Kin is made of active cells that can adapt to its environment, resulting in a camouflage that the Kha'Kin use to stealth in or out. Once per day, as a free action that does not provoke attacks of oportunity, the Kha'Kin may enter stealth (as the Invisibility, Swift spell.) This ability may be used again after the first time was used, however it must be within one minute or the second use is lost for the rest of the day. When stealthed, every other Kha'Kin ability that triggers while hidden or stealth gets its boost. While the Kha'Kin is on its stealth mode, they get a +10ft enhancement bonus to their movement speed.
Evolved Active Camouflage.
The Kha'kin gets rid of the old skin to get a new skin with sharper cells that mimic better the environment around, as a detail, its skin changes to red. The Kha'Kin gets a +4 natural armor bonus. The Kha'Kin now may use its Void Assault two times per day, also the duration of the stealth increases to two rounds and the enhancement bonus to movement speed rises to +20ft. The invisibility effect is threated as a Greater Invisibility with a 2 round duration. The re-use time window to this second use of this ability increases to two minutes. While in stealth, the Kha'Kin is threated as having Damage Reduction 15/-, and Spell Resistance 15 (this resistances bonus remains even if they are seen such as a see invisibility spell.)

Ex: Void Spikes.
The Kha'Kin can shot the spikes that reside on their shoulders. This is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of oportunity, the Kha'kin make a ranged attack (15ft range increment) to deal 1d4+1 piercing damage to a single target. If the Kha'Kin is adjacent to the target, they heal equal to the damage dealt (when the spikes hit, they release a spore that its created from the victim's blood, which the Kha'Kin absorbs.) The damage increases by +1d4 for every 2 HD. When the spikes are launched, the Kha'Kin needs to grow new ones, after the ability is used, it may not be used until 1d4 rounds later.
Evolved Spikes.
If the Void Spikes ability was evolved, the spikes on their shoulder grow bigger and sharper. When using their spikes ability, the range changes from ranged attack to a 15ft cone, the damage increases to 1d6+2 force damage, the heal, however, remains to 1d4+1 (roll separately.) The save DC is 10+ 1/2 HD + Con. Because the spikes are sharper, they grow faster; after being used, they may not be used until 1d4-1 rounds later (minimum 1.)

Tactics.
The Kha'Kin will typicaly engage on a solitary target, as they benefit for more damage. The Kha'Kin usually leaps from stealth (to get extra damage from Unseen Threat) to its isolated target (at least 20ft away from any ally), damaging and getting a void spikes attack by free, then they do a full attack as all this damage is enhanced. If the target didn't die, they retreat and try again from stealth, this tactic varies depending on which ability was evolved, as every Kha'Kin evolve what they want.

Original idea by Riot Games for the League of Legends (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en) game, any question regarding the original Kha'Zix (http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/khazix/) idea should be posted on the League of Legends forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/), all credit to Riot.

ngilop
2014-06-23, 08:45 PM
LoL much..? Just kidding

your evolved claws is a bit too much for a CR 6 monsters.. id recommend increasing the crit range and/or crit damage

the void spikes after a leap.. change it to a swift action

taste their fear give them a bonus equal to 2(HD) to damage with claws and half that to attacks

get rid of the free evolutions and lessen the HD needed to gain evolutions

voudspikes damage is waaay low make it more like 1d4 per 2 HD and force damage makes no sense sonic seems more so as I know whne I play kahzik in LoL theres that boom noise when performed.

other than that it seems decent, right now if one of these guys wins initiate he auto kills at least one party member and that's just not fun for anybody lower some of the dmg aspects of the racial abilities like unseen threat and It should be more balanced.

Debihuman
2014-06-23, 08:57 PM
It's a bit over powered. I think some of the abilities should only be available to advanced versions. I recommend culling some of the material to start so we can see just the base creature. You can make an advanced version later but it''s too confusing to figure out what belongs and what doesn't.

You don't need to put these in a chart. See online SRD for the best formatting WWW.d20srd.org. That format is the easiest to critique since all the pertinent information is on a single line.

Leap attack should be a special ability only and doesn't belong on the full attack line. Your attack line is too confusing. How many attacks can this make at once?Are its claws its primary attack? You are missing the standard attack line as well.

Improved Natural Weapons is a lousy feat. It just means it can't get a better natural attack when it advances. It doesn't need it.

Advancement is usually by size not just HD, or by class. Also there should be no "Lesser" for advancement. The stat block is for the most common and should only increase. Otherwise you should start with the lesser first. What size are the advanced versions?

The shoulder spikes should be a ranged attack not a ranged touch attack. Why is it a "force" attack? It shoots the actual spike does it not? A ranged touch is generally for spells and spell-like attacks, not for shooting projectiles.

Debby

Yael
2014-06-23, 11:08 PM
Very detailed, and thorough for a first attempt. Nice job.

Overall, I think you'll want to focus most of your revision efforts on the evolutions:

The evolution system feels tacked-on, almost like you're trying to make both a race and a class at once. I'd recommend you create the evolutions separately as racial feats with Prerequisite: Must be a kha'kin. Let the kha'kin take them using its feat slots like normal.
Several of the evolutions stack on huge amounts of to-hit and damage, and most really have a "busy" feel to them, full of secondary and tertiary bonuses that don't fit together thematically. You got a little carried away. I'd recommend you make them more focused, and lean towards unique abilities like flashy crits and glide, rather than just RAWRR MOAR NMBERZ!

There are a few technical issues to address:

Ability scores are missing.
Stat block doesn't note whether monster increases in size with increasing hit dice.
Vorpal is an inappropriate special for a low-CR monster. Consider the Improved Critical feat or the monster ability Augmented Critical (claw) instead (improves threat profile to 19-20/x3).
Spikes as an (Ex) ability should deal piercing damage and require a standard attack roll. Area attacks should allow a Reflex save for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Dex or Con modifier).
The save DC for Leap should include an ability modifier, probably Strength. You might do better to describe it as a 5' radius point-blank AoE rather than saying "any adjacent creature".
From a DM management perspective, this monster is unnecessarily complicated and tedious to run. It gets multiple conditional bonuses on attacks, damage, saves, and skill checks, and a mixed group with different evolution feats or differing hit dice will be receiving different bonuses on different natural weapons in identical situations. It's way harder to run than it needs to be. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

From a logical perspective, it's unclear why the Kha'kin can jump farther if no one is looking, or why its (Ex) ranged attack causes its wounds to heal if delivered point-blank.

Also, take a look at the vivisector in MM5 p200. It's extremely similar to your monster and can serve as a good point of reference.

The statblock got fixed. Also, moved the Vorpal property to the greater version of the Kha'Kin (large sized, also more CR.) I didn't find where the Augmented Critical feat is, source pls? Also, I gave the wrong category to Spikes, got too carried away with the game itself, forgot about how d&d works, will fix. Fixing the DCs. About the Evolutions as feats, I thought about that, but that would imply to create its own monster class, right? The whole thing about having it evolve its limbs/abilities is because the original creature's concept was that of a creature with diferent options to evolve and adapt. It is way too complicated, I can see why, but I wanted it to be complicated, because this makes the creature more atractive to reserve as an unknown creature (also coming from another plane, wth urashima, focus!)

The whole stuff that "when unseen" its to its concept of a hunter creature; normally you won't find lots of this guys (unless you're on their dens.)

Looking at the vivisector, looks nice, never saw it before and it IS extremely similar to my homebrew, that is truly a coincidence :smalleek:

It's a bit over powered. I think some of the abilities should only be available to advanced versions. I recommend culling some of the material to start so we can see just the base creature. You can make an advanced version later but it''s too confusing to figure out what belongs and what doesn't.

You don't need to put these in a chart. See online SRD for the best formatting WWW.d20srd.org. That format is the easiest to critique since all the pertinent information is on a single line.

Leap attack should be a special ability only and doesn't belong on the full attack line. Your attack line is too confusing. How many attacks can this make at once?Are its claws its primary attack? You are missing the standard attack line as well.

Improved Natural Weapons is a lousy feat. It just means it can't get a better natural attack when it advances. It doesn't need it.

Advancement is usually by size not just HD, or by class. Also there should be no "Lesser" for advancement. The stat block is for the most common and should only increase. Otherwise you should start with the lesser first. What size are the advanced versions?

The shoulder spikes should be a ranged attack not a ranged touch attack. Why is it a "force" attack? It shoots the actual spike does it not? A ranged touch is generally for spells and spell-like attacks, not for shooting projectiles.

Debby

Applied almost all, because all makes sense, I didn't get what you meant with the SRD format, I thought I was using the same format.

LoL much..? Just kidding

your evolved claws is a bit too much for a CR 6 monsters.. id recommend increasing the crit range and/or crit damage

the void spikes after a leap.. change it to a swift action

taste their fear give them a bonus equal to 2(HD) to damage with claws and half that to attacks

get rid of the free evolutions and lessen the HD needed to gain evolutions

voudspikes damage is waaay low make it more like 1d4 per 2 HD and force damage makes no sense sonic seems more so as I know whne I play kahzik in LoL theres that boom noise when performed.

other than that it seems decent, right now if one of these guys wins initiate he auto kills at least one party member and that's just not fun for anybody lower some of the dmg aspects of the racial abilities like unseen threat and It should be more balanced.

The thing is to do that, to jump from nowhere, kill someone and leave. It is difficult for a level 6th party and I am not expecting any DM (nor myself) to throw a bunch of this guys at the PCs.

Overall I'm interested in doing the whole feat stuff... Gotta think.

jiriku
2014-06-23, 11:27 PM
Very detailed, and thorough for a first attempt. Nice job.

Overall, I think you'll want to focus most of your revision efforts on the evolutions:

The evolution system feels tacked-on, almost like you're trying to make both a race and a class at once. I'd recommend you create the evolutions separately as racial feats with Prerequisite: Must be a kha'kin. Let the kha'kin take them using its feat slots like normal.
Several of the evolutions stack on huge amounts of to-hit and damage, and most really have a "busy" feel to them, full of secondary and tertiary bonuses that don't fit together thematically. You got a little carried away. I'd recommend you make them more focused, and lean towards unique abilities like flashy crits and glide, rather than just RAWRR MOAR NMBERZ!

There are a few technical issues to address:

Ability scores are missing.
Stat block doesn't note whether monster increases in size with increasing hit dice.
Vorpal is an inappropriate special for a low-CR monster. Consider the Improved Critical feat or the monster ability Augmented Critical (claw) instead (improves threat profile to 19-20/x3).
Spikes as an (Ex) ability should deal piercing damage and require a standard attack roll. Area attacks should allow a Reflex save for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Dex or Con modifier).
The save DC for Leap should include an ability modifier, probably Strength. You might do better to describe it as a 5' radius point-blank AoE rather than saying "any adjacent creature".
From a DM management perspective, this monster is unnecessarily complicated and tedious to run. It gets multiple conditional bonuses on attacks, damage, saves, and skill checks, and a mixed group with different evolution feats or differing hit dice will be receiving different bonuses on different natural weapons in identical situations. It's way harder to run than it needs to be. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

From a logical perspective, it's unclear why the Kha'kin can jump farther if no one is looking, or why its (Ex) ranged attack causes its wounds to heal if delivered point-blank.

Also, take a look at the vivisector in MM5 p200. It's extremely similar to your monster and can serve as a good point of reference.

Yael
2014-07-03, 01:34 AM
I already fixed some things, is this playable yet? Like, I know it can 100-0 a PC, but that is the idea of the monster in general, I should rise the CR, right?

Hanuman
2014-07-03, 05:31 AM
While I really like how detailed and polished this is (very good stylization and formatting too) I really wish you had built this out of the evolutionist class.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?240717-The-better-man-There-is-no-such-thing-base-class

ddude987
2014-07-03, 08:06 AM
Question about this

After a successful leap (landing adjacent to a creature) the Kha'Kin may now do its Void Spikes attack as a swift action that does not provokes attacks of opportunity.
Evolved Wings.

What if it leaps during a surprise round and doesn't have a swift action? Mostly I'm wondering does it need to use the void spikes right after leap or does void spikes just become a swift action to use whenever?

Also, if it can't 100-0 its not true to flavor now is it :smallwink:

Debihuman
2014-07-03, 11:36 AM
Since you revised this so much, I'm going to critique it again.

Hit points are wrong: 6d8 = 6 x 4.5 = 27+18 = 45 hp

When creatures grow in size from Medium to Large they gain more powerful natural weapons since those grow too as it noted in claw entry. However, I think increasing the critical to x3 is too much. Don't forget going from M to L adds the following: +8 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Natural Armor and -1 AC/Attack.

Natural weapons always crit on x2 so that doesn't belong in stat block.

Skills: Jump gets a +4 bonus from its speed. It gains +2 to Move Silently (even though it has no ranks) because of Steathy feat and +3 from Dex. It shouldn't get additional racial bonuses as it already has so many. I deleted all the references to Lesser versions of the creature to match advancement.

Fixed advancement to coincide with how its special abilities work. It gains benefits at 9 and 12 HD.

You try to do too much with your special abilities. This means that the DM will have to constantly adjust the creature on the fly. That makes it no fun to run. You also fail to note the appropriate mechanics.

I have no idea why you made Leap so complicated. All the maneuver does is allow the creature to make a Jump check as a swift action. You mention void blades in the text but it isn't noted in the stat block so I deleted it. I added the appropriate mechanics to Jump to reflect when they get their Glide ability.

Taste Their Fear doesn't make sense. The creature doesn't gain a bonus to make a leap, it gains a bonus make its Jump check. What kind of bonus? This should be an Insight bonus. The only way to make this an attack is if the kha'kin jumps down on a single target. The target should get a Reflex save to avoid the damage from having the kha'kin land on it. See rules for having things (or creatures) fall on you. Objects falling on a target cause damage based on their weight so it would be very helpful if you noted how much one of these weighs (and height is usually noted as well).

True Evolution doesn't make a lot of sense. They have 6 HD and so should evolve at 9 and 12. Your additional abilities are too powerful for the CR and HD. I have eliminated bleed damage from claws since they gain the vorpal ability when they advance for example. You can switch it back to bleed but in no way should it have both abilities.

Unseen threat should indicate what kind of bonus. In this case, it should be a Circumstance bonus since it has to be hidden or invisible and the bonus should be the same for both attack and damage. Don't make the DM think too hard. Bonuses should be 1/2 HD for hidden and full HD for invisible.

Void Assault should not make the creature faster unless you want to add Fatigue to it. It's already faster than average with a land speed of 40 feet. The ability lacks decent mechanics and is poorly explained. The K.I.S.S. principle is the best way to describe this. Invisibility affects the Hide skill. This should be a standard action useable up to one minute (time must be consecutive) once a day at 6 HD, twice a day at 9 HD and three times a day at 12 HD. Don't forget the creature gets a size boost at 9 HD so you don't need to add any more increases to unrelated abilities. It should an additional use at 9 and 12 HD.

The void spikes special ability is a total mess. You never state exactly how many spikes a kha'kin has. A range increment does not make sense here. This isn't a manufactured weapon. It should have a maximum distance that the void spike can be shot. I recommend that the number of void spikes be equal to its HD.

Here is the corrected stat block and edited text. You should note how tall they are and how much they weigh (for an average one) as that will also affect how much damage they do when they land on someone (see Falling Damage).

Feel free to change my edits as you see fit.

Kha'Kin, Reavers of the Void
Medium Aberration (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 6d8+18 (45 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+3 Dex, +4 natural), Flat-footed 14, Touch 13
BAB/Grapple: +4/+8
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d4+4)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +9 melee (1d4+4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leap, Void Assault, Void Spikes (1d4)
Special Qualities: Aberration Traits, Darkvision 60 ft., Taste Their Fear, True Evolution, Unseen Threat
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +5
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Hide +11, Jump +13, Move Silently +5 Survival +9 (+10 track)
Feats: Improved Initiative, Stealthy, TrackB, Weapon Focus (Claw)
Environment: The Void or Underdark
Organization: Solitary or squadron (3-4)
Challenge Rating: 6
Advancement: 7-8 HD (Medium), 9-16 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: —

Kha'kin are a race of mantis-like aberrations that spend most of their time hunting prey. They have two sharp claws that they use as weapons and as tools for stripping the flesh from their victims, which they later devour. They possess strong legs so they can jump far distances and have spikes on their shoulders that they can shoot at their enemies. Their skin has chromatophores allowing it to take on the color and texture of its environment.

Kha'Kin come from the Void, a twisted Demiplane where many Aberrations have their homes. They also live in the Underdark. Their society is not well understood by any other underdwellers, but they are feared as enemies. As long as the kha'kin are in their cities (dens), other races do not fight them.

Kha'kin speak Common, Undercommon and Voidkin.

Claws: A kha'Kin's claws are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 9 HD, a kha'kin's claws can also hit incorporeal creatures as if they had the ghost touch ability and its damage increases to 1d6. At 12 HD, the kha'kin's claws are so sharpened that they gain the vorpal ability.

Leap (Su): As a swift action, a kha'kin can make a Jump check without running. At 9 HD, if a kha'kin succeeds on a Jumping down check, it takes falling damage as if it had dropped 20 fewer feet. At 12 HD, it takes no damage at all (see also Glide).

Taste their Fear (Ex) A kha'kin gains a +5 Insight bonus to Jump checks if used to land on a single target. The target must be at least 20 feet from any ally and gets a Reflex save (DC 16) to avoid being hit by the kha'kin. If the save is unsuccessful, the target takes at least 1d6 points of damage for every 10 feet the kha'kin jumped (maximum 20d6). In addition, the kha'kin gains a +2 morale bonus to attack with void spikes if the target takes damage being jumped on. At 9 HD, the bonus to Jump checks increases to +10.

True Evolution (Ex): Kha'kin gain additional abilities as they gain Hit Dice. Advancements are gained at 9 and 12 HD respectively and are noted in the special abilities section. Once a Kha'kin has advanced, it gains the following:

Evolved Thirst (Ex): A kha'kin with at least 9 HD gains an additional +4 to its racial bonus to Survival checks when tracking.
Glide (Ex): As kha'kin advance, they grow wing-like appendages. A kha'kin with at least 12 HD can glide as a Raptoran (see Races of the Wild page 68).

Unseen Threat (Ex): A kha'kin that is hidden gains a Circumstance bonus to its attack and damage rolls equal to half its HD. A kha'kin that is invisible gains a Circumstance bonus to its attack and damage rolls equal to its HD.

Void Assault (Su): The camouflage ability of kha'kin's skin allows it to blend into its environment. Once a day as a standard action, a kha'kin can become invisible for one minute (the time must be consecutive). It gains a +20 bonus to Hide while moving and a +40 bonus to Hide if immobile. At 9 HD, this ability can be used twice a day, and at 12 HD this ability can be used three times a day.

Void Spikes (Ex) A kha'kin has a number of void spikes on its shoulder equal to its HD. Once every 1d4+1 rounds as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, a kha'kin can shoot a void spike at a single target as a ranged attack with a maximum distance of 15 feet. The spikes cause 1d4 points of piercing damage. If a kha'kin is adjacent to a target that takes damage from the spike, the kha'kin heals the same amount of damage up to its maximum. Excess hit points are lost. Lost spikes grow back in 24 hours. At 9 HD, the spikes cause 1d6 points of piercing damage. At 12 HD, a kha'kin may let loose a volley of void spikes as a Full-Round action at targets within range as long as they are no more than 15 feet apart.

Debby

Guard
2014-07-03, 03:07 PM
While I really like how detailed and polished this is (very good stylization and formatting too) I really wish you had built this out of the evolutionist class.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?240717-The-better-man-There-is-no-such-thing-base-class

Is it just me, or is it a tiny bit wierd to shove evolutionist at a someone who wants to make a monster based on the LoL champion?

Hanuman
2014-07-03, 04:57 PM
Considering every ability the monster has is evolution, not that strange.