PDA

View Full Version : Funny item ideas.

Crimson Wolf
2014-06-24, 12:59 AM
Okay so my Campaign is going pretty smoothly so far even with all the extra ideas as from my first post the other day. So going around looking at items and seeing the Decanter of Endless Water I thought of something just funny as a one time gag reel kinda thing. Decanter of Endless Balls, pop open the Decanter and out pours small plastic balls continuously pour out, in a few turns turning the room into a instant kiddie ball room of hilarity that makes movement impeded and rolls a bit harder.

Again this is just a funny one time gag item that honestly I thought of while sorta not in my right state of mind but really what do y'all think? XD

Malaqai
2014-06-24, 01:13 AM
I don't see why not - a party I was part of once ran into a decanter of endless whiskey. Drinks for everyone! I do, however, recommend that you introduce it at a fairly low-key time and not in the middle of a boss battle.

Crimson Wolf
2014-06-24, 01:16 AM
Vibrant colored balls everywhere! Instant ball pit! Can you imagine some supposedly serious battle with a Evil Drow Monk spuddenly turning into hilarity with said item? XD

Bullet06320
2014-06-24, 01:40 AM
I once gave a party a decanter of endless water, that had baby treant planted in it. for some reason the pc's kept hauling it around and wondering why they kept getting ambushed by treants.

a deck of many things that only had clowns in it, you draw the card, a Halfling clown materialized and flung a pie at you and disappeared

amulet of theme music

a jeweled parrot that's only power is, when activated says "polly wants a cracker"

Crimson Wolf
2014-06-24, 01:42 AM
Omg yes, The deck one and The amulet sounds awesome XD

Alanto
2014-06-24, 03:27 AM
Pathfinder, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to adjust - Mirror of Unnatural Lust. When anyone looks into it, they have to save or spend a round vigorously making out with their reflection.

I've got a witch in my game at the moment that bought himself a Decanter of Endless Coffee

I think the decanter of balls could be hilarious if used right, just watch out fo PCs using it in some cunning but unforseen way to break everything forever :P

Bullet06320
2014-06-24, 04:25 AM
I think the decanter of balls could be hilarious if used right, just watch out fo PCs using it in some cunning but unforseen way to break everything forever :P

decanter of endless chicken?

Sliver
2014-06-24, 04:39 AM
The thread tags promised milkshakes. I'm disappointed. 0/10, would not read again.

BWR
2014-06-24, 08:02 AM
You need to dig up a copy of the Book of Wondrous Inventions (http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/wtf-wondrous-items/1/)

manyslayer
2014-06-24, 11:25 AM
In a 2nd edition campaign, a PC wound up with an axe with a parchment wrapped around the haft that had a command word written on it. Burned remnants of the parchment showed there had been another word as well but it was unreadable.

In a fight the PC decided to try the command word and see what happened but not wanting to screw things up for the party, he stepped out of the room the fight was happening in and said the word. The axe was a a weapon of miniaturization - one command word shrinks it much smaller (for ease of transport, hiding, etc) and one grows it back to normal size. This was the command word to grow it back to normal size since it was an axe made for a storm giant. He goes back in to help in the battle and when the party exits the room, there is this giant axe wedged in the corridor. PC innocently asks where that could have come from.