PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 'Bout....APPS

Loki Eremes
2014-06-24, 09:10 AM
Hello there Playgrounders! long time no see.

First of all, i dont know if this post is correct in here, but i got kinda confused when tough about my inquiry's place. So please MODs, if you find this thread out of place, change it wherever you think is right :smallbiggrin:

Well...lets go to it:
- Got a new cellphone, a smart one....and i want to exploit it to the max.

So the thing is:
Android APPs, which do you recommend for enhancing D&D experience???
(this includes apps for making spellbooks, dicerollers, character sheets, and so)
(oh and if those are FREE, the better :smalltongue: )

PraxisVetli
2014-06-24, 09:28 AM
DndTools either is about to, or just recently did, make an app.
Otherwise I just slapped a pdf reader and all the book pdfs on my phone.

Falcon X
2014-06-24, 11:48 AM
I have an iPhone, so I don't know which apps are also for Androids. But the best ones I've found have been (That didn't cost a lot):

- DMDJ by Blueface games: Primarily a music program, but an amazing one. Includes a dice roller.
- The Daring: A Dice calculator that has easy to find, pre-programed calculations for concealment, disarm, etc. Also gives you the numbers for modifiers and lets you factor them into the roll. It takes a little to get used to the program, but it's great once you do.
d20 Rules by ufisk: This is an SRD reference app plus some additions, it has everything, it's well organized, and has a search option.
- Quick roll by Chris Redford - A dice rolling program that gives options for presets and keeps a history of past rolls.
- 3.5 experience calculator, if you need one.

Red Fel
2014-06-24, 11:56 AM
DndTools either is about to, or just recently did, make an app.

It's actually two apps, "D&D 3.5 Compendium" and "D&D 3.5 Character Builder," by Jellinek; one is a reference guide, and a quite thorough one at that; the other is a character sheet app that works in tandem with the aforementioned reference guide. Both very useful.

Another app that I found useful for casters is the "Spellbook - D&D 3.5" app by Shaking Earth Digital. Comfortable format, easily referenced tool for double-checking spells and compiling spell lists.

All three are free apps (although Spellbook offers additional options for a fee).

Trasilor
2014-06-24, 12:02 PM
Hello there Playgrounders! long time no see.

<snipped>

For android I like the following:

D&D 3.5 Compendium by Jellinek - It has everything from SRD. For the complete library found on dndtools.eu, go to their site and look on how to upload the dataset
High Fantasy Soundboard by AC Arcana - Great program to add sound effects for the game. Works for both the DM (background music/noise) and players (Sword swings, fire balls, etc).

I have used various die-rollers but I don't like them. I like the feel of dice in my hand the sound of them hitting the table. Plus I don't trust them :smallamused:.