PDA

View Full Version : Player seking help with Red Wizard build

FalseKing
2014-06-24, 01:37 PM
Recently m and my group have engaged in a new epic level campaign (starting level 21) where I decided I might try out a character that is going to try out a class I have always saw as something interesting, the Red Wizards of Thay. My main plan for him is either focusing as a necromancer or as a Evocationist focus as a Red Wizard using the admixture school from pathfinder (DM is allowing cross overs) And we might be allowed to gestalt. Are there any specific builds up to level twenty one that can help me with this particular focus in mind?
Our characters are also being given cohorts, CR 19 creatures by our DM of our choice, are there any that are particularly good that I should look for? I also am being given the lich template and currently have to design my phylactery, any help there as well?

Madara
2014-06-24, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't go evocation, you want to take advantage of that crazy caster level. Necromancy could work though.

Lich stuff (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?209974-Where-would-you-keep-your-phylactery)

I enjoy the idea of a coin being your phylactery, or a child.

FalseKing
2014-06-24, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't go evocation, you want to take advantage of that crazy caster level. Necromancy could work though.

Lich stuff (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?209974-Where-would-you-keep-your-phylactery)

I enjoy the idea of a coin being your phylactery, or a child.

That sounds good. One of my friends told me a good build, especially if I do it gestalt, would be to do wizard, redmage/ archmage and on the other side do something like sorcerer/dweomerkeeper (through use of souther magician) or Incantatrix and then do the 3.0 true necromancer to combine al the caster levels together and do the circle magic to make the casting even higher.
For phylactery, I was thinking of doing the clockwork reliquary golem phylactery from shattered star. Costs 90k more gold pieces, but grants me the ability of a mobile phylactery that can fight back and when its destroyed they still have to destroy the phylactery inside of it. it also uses my spells and caster levels for its own so that can make it pretty hard to beat as well on its own.