PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Overpowered character creation suggestions

Rolero
2014-06-26, 06:36 AM
Hi,

One of my friends is going to master his first adventure ever. He is a high fantasy lover and want us to play with supercharacters. I strongly suggested him no to do so cause it will probably go overboard pretty quickly due the fact that all the players (myself included) are seasoned veterans ^^U
Anyways, He is pretty confident and thinks he will be able to handle it with ease, so here comes my request: It is not that I want to prove him wrong, lets juts say that I want to test his mettle XDD

The setting of the campaign is as follows:

-It will be a short adventure (probable 2 to 3 plays)
-We begin at level 7 with gold of a lv8 char.
-Our starting stats are rolled with 4D6 and keeping ALL four, and one of them its automatically a 24...
This where my rolls: 24/18/16/16/15/13
-We were told to create 2 characters in the event we die so we can keep playing inmediatly.
-Every manual is avaliable, and we can play any race and even monster templates (such as halfdragon and so)

And that's pretty much it. I usually don't have any problems in creating powerful characters, but I want to play something specially nasty with this, and I am kinda uninspired.

I have more than 20 years of gaming experience and I'll be able to play any character to his full potential with ease, so don't hesitate to bring to the table the most bizarre (and abusive) combinations you can think of.

Surprise me!

Eldan
2014-06-26, 06:41 AM
So... still playable, I assume? Otherwise, you can really just take a character sheet and write "Pun Pun, I win" on it.

Any other limits? Because at level 7, you can easily have infinite power.

Well, anyway. If you want pure power, your best options are probably, in more or less this order, druid, wizard, psion. At least at level 7.

Rolero
2014-06-26, 06:48 AM
Aside from level 7, no, no other limits.
Of course, with a 24 in a primary stats, my first thoughts where to a fully spellcaster, but I wanted something more original ^^U

Spore
2014-06-26, 07:21 AM
"Thog, the 1w12 + 567 damage Dragon Disciple"
Orc Barbarian 3/Alchemist 2/Half-Fiend (CR+2)/
Str 40 (+4 Rage, +4 Mutagen, +4 Belt) Dex 20 Con 22 Int 15 Wis 13 Cha 16
with Feral Mutagen you gain 1 Bite 2 Claw attacks and attack with +19 (Amulet of Mighty Fists +1) and deal 3w6+45 potential damage. More if you want a +1 Flaming Amulet of Mighty Fists.

"Dead? Lol nope" Paladin 7
Cha 26 Aasimar Paladin with Greater Mercy and Ultimate Mercy can ress a character/day for free. Your DM wants his quest McGuffin dead? Lol nope!

"You only hit me on a nat. 20" monk
Dex 30/Wis 22 Vanara Monk
AC 40 with a Wand of Shield and Mage Armor Fun fact: Touch AC is 32.

"Bomb Voyage" the Novaing Tiefling Mindchemist
Int 30 Bombs deal 4d6+10. the fun part is when you get Delayed bomb, Inferno Bomb and get off up to 7 bombs in one round for 28d6+70 damage for one target and 96 splash damage in an 10 ft radius. Still barely enough to bomb through a wall but I love the idea.

"Look at the stars" Oracle of Heavens
Awesome display subtracts your Cha-mod from HD for spells like Color Spray. So you basically disable everyone with Color Spray if they don't save or are immune.

"Shadow beckons" Oracle of Bones
Or create yourself an army of shadows controlled by your insane Cha-Mod. Command Undead + Undead Master lets you fit 3 shadows under your control dealing 3d6 LETHAL strength damage per round. You just have to deal with the shadow spawn not under your control afterwards. I would think getting Searing Light as spell is enough.

Rolero
2014-06-26, 11:49 AM
"Thog, the 1w12 + 567 damage Dragon Disciple"
Orc Barbarian 3/Alchemist 2/Half-Fiend (CR+2)/
Str 40 (+4 Rage, +4 Mutagen, +4 Belt) Dex 20 Con 22 Int 15 Wis 13 Cha 16
with Feral Mutagen you gain 1 Bite 2 Claw attacks and attack with +19 (Amulet of Mighty Fists +1) and deal 3w6+45 potential damage. More if you want a +1 Flaming Amulet of Mighty Fists.

Umm, this looks very funny ^^ and totally awesome!. Might be a candidate for sure. Although I don't get the Dragon disciple part. If it is the aspiring next level, it wouldn't qualify (alchemist it's not considerer a casting class) Could you expand this option a little?

"Dead? Lol nope" Paladin 7
Cha 26 Aasimar Paladin with Greater Mercy and Ultimate Mercy can ress a character/day for free. Your DM wants his quest McGuffin dead? Lol nope!

I just played a Paladin, so this won't do. But yes, this combo is nice.

"You only hit me on a nat. 20" monk
Dex 30/Wis 22 Vanara Monk
AC 40 with a Wand of Shield and Mage Armor Fun fact: Touch AC is 32.

I was going to try a half celestial dwarf monk, and it was something like this plus insane saving throws. Could be an option.

"Bomb Voyage" the Novaing Tiefling Mindchemist
Int 30 Bombs deal 4d6+10. the fun part is when you get Delayed bomb, Inferno Bomb and get off up to 7 bombs in one round for 28d6+70 damage for one target and 96 splash damage in an 10 ft radius. Still barely enough to bomb through a wall but I love the idea.

Umm, nice thought. But wouldn't it be better the grenadier plus alchemical weapon? Combining archetipes would be posible, isn't it?

"Look at the stars" Oracle of Heavens
Awesome display subtracts your Cha-mod from HD for spells like Color Spray. So you basically disable everyone with Color Spray if they don't save or are immune.

Ok, this looks abusive. But how exactly the Awesome Display revelation works? You declare it and that's it? Everyone that see it is nerfed? If so, that's pretty brutal... (especially with the charisma this character can pull)

"Shadow beckons" Oracle of Bones
Or create yourself an army of shadows controlled by your insane Cha-Mod. Command Undead + Undead Master lets you fit 3 shadows under your control dealing 3d6 LETHAL strength damage per round. You just have to deal with the shadow spawn not under your control afterwards. I would think getting Searing Light as spell is enough.

THIS. Very tempting. Problem, my friend wants a good aligned party. I don't think He would aprove this bizarre undead dominator. But I will take note of this one for sure ^^

stack
2014-06-26, 12:47 PM
For awesome display, they get hit by a relevant spell, treat their hd as cha mid lower to determine the effects. It works automatically every time anyone is the target of a relevant spell, such as color spray.

Spore
2014-06-26, 01:11 PM
Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 2 was substituted for Barbarian 3/Half-Fiend until I have read that templates are allowed for you.

Alas, if template stacking is allowed....http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/

Giant (+1) Primitive (+1) Orc Barbarian 3/Alchemist 2

Str 44 within Rage and Mutagen. You could also go for Ranger 2 instead of Alchemist 2 for more HP, BAB, skill points and permanent claws (orc gives you a permanent bite).

Rolero
2014-06-26, 02:16 PM
Umm, I think this could be even better:

Skinwalker(Ragebred) Giant HalfDragon Barbarian 4

If my math is rigth, this nets 48 strength: 24 base + 8 size + 8 halfdragon +4 rage +4 item
Plus: 1 bite, 2 claws, 1 gore, 2 hoofs. Throw in a pair of boot of speed, and that's 7 attacks, 5 of them primary. With only strenght and class attack bonus a fullround will be like this (counting in haste from the boots): +19 +19 +19 +19 +19 +14 +14 (Is this really well calculated?)
On the damage side, putting aside the natural attack base damage, the bonus damage asumming power attack will be +18 por primary +13 for secundary.

This is absurdly brutal, and I think I'm liking it: Lots of natural attacks with insane strenght bonus, very decent fly speed, even with the sacrifice of 3 levels still gets a lot of HP due to high CON and D12 HD, plus some nice invulneravilities.

The only thing I am not sure is what rage powers could suit here. Suggestions?

Spore
2014-06-26, 03:09 PM
Sounds promising. But you should prefer Templates that give you Pounce in SOME fashion since you loose much damage when moving. I'd say Lion Shaman Druid but this offsets your insane number of attacks. If your DM is smart he can greatly reduce your damage potential.

Dimcair
2014-06-26, 03:14 PM
U

Ok, this looks abusive.

Really? Thats the only thing that looks abusive to you =P

Rolero
2014-06-26, 03:34 PM
Sounds promising. But you should prefer Templates that give you Pounce in SOME fashion since you loose much damage when moving.I'd say Lion Shaman Druid but this offsets your insane number of attacks. If your DM is smart he can greatly reduce your damage potential.

Yep, that's his main weakness, but right now nothing comes to mind. Do you know of a template or low level option that nets pounce? Because I can't think of anyone :S
Of course, with this build I would try to go to the beast totem chain and snatch pounce at level 10, but alas, this campaign won't hold that much time.

Really? Thats the only thing that looks abusive to you =P

Hey, I did say that "abusive" was precisely what this thread was about... ^^U
(But yeah, sarcasm XDD)

magwaaf
2014-06-30, 03:02 AM
blade bound magus... i've been watching it jsut win wor 2 and a half years

Necroticplague
2014-06-30, 07:58 AM
A simple alchemist concept and combo:

Ragebred (2 hoofs, gore)
Feral mutagen (2 claws, bite)
Ninja dip (unarmed strike)
vivisector (sneak attack 3d6)
So get a flanking buddy, and stab away.
A related combo:touch injection+skinsend. Touch injection lets you use an infusion on someone else by touching them. Skinsend sets you HP at 0 and makes you helpless. How these combine with each other is an exercise left to your own imagination.

grarrrg
2014-06-30, 10:11 AM
Ragebred (2 hoofs, gore)
Feral mutagen (2 claws, bite)
Ninja dip (unarmed strike)
vivisector (sneak attack 3d6)

Do NOT use Unarmed Strike.
Unarmed Strike counts as a Manufactured weapon, which makes ALL of your Naturals Secondaries with To-hit penalties and only 1/2 STR to damage.

Even if Unarmed Strike was worth getting, I'd advise using a Feat to get it instead of a level or 2 of Ninja.

Also, Beastmorph Alchemist for Pounce at 10.

Rolero
2014-06-30, 12:17 PM
Thx for the suggestions guys!

While the alchemist is tempting, I haven't played a barbarian in a long time, so I finally decided on this:

Skinwalker ragebred Giant Halfdragon Barbarian Jotunkin 4

The stats:

STR 43 DEX 14 CON 32 INT 15 WIS 18 CAR 13

The ofense (while shapeshifted and enraged and assuming power attack)

1 bite +20 (2D6+24) 2 claws +20 (1D8+24) 1 gore +20 (2D6+24) +2 hoofs +15 (1D8+12)

Advantages:

Huge size threatening 3 squares, fly speed of 100 foot (130 if hasted) An ok AC (23) for a barbarian, and some inmunities (paralisis, sleep and fire)

Cons:

May be prone to ranged fire due to size and lack of a better defense. Cunning opponents will constantly be on the move to avoid a full round. Even with his great wisdom and a pair of items, will save is not so high to be relatively safe.

Item tricks:

Furious amulet of might fist (a +2 to hit/dmg while enraged for the cost of a +1)
Quick runner's shirt (a once a day pounce round, which can end encounters)
Grapplers mask (improved grapple and bullrush in an item)

Overall, I like the character. It is basically hulk ^^ A guy that shapeshift in a raging huge beast and lay waste if given the chance.
Should this char gained enough levels, flyby attack and snatch could be great extras in the feat department, while the greater beast totem will net him pounce, and then, it could procced to break the game as he pleases.

In any case, the campaign is not going to start yet, so if anyone feels like it, drop more suggestions here.

Giddonihah
2014-06-30, 02:28 PM
Does any manual include 3p? If it does, you should buy a copy of ''The Genius Guide to Horrifically Overpowered Feats" and slowly bring it out in front of him.

Spore
2014-06-30, 04:24 PM
Overall, I like the character. It is basically hulk.

Correction: Flying Hulk.

Rolero
2014-06-30, 07:10 PM
Does any manual include 3p? If it does, you should buy a copy of ''The Genius Guide to Horrifically Overpowered Feats" and slowly bring it out in front of him.

Can you post a link to that? :smallbiggrin: (or some recomendations)

Correction: Flying Hulk.

Too f***ing true ^^