PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help with weirdy Warforged Binder build ._.

Val666
2014-06-26, 11:16 AM
So I was talking with my friend (Scracth ftw) and got this build for a Warforged that was send from another realm to learn how the "earth" species develop and also the best way to...annihilate them ._.

Magic Blooded Warforged Warmage 1/Binder 1/Anima Mage 10/ X 8

Using the Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten Spell combo for early access to Anima Mage and binding Zceryll at level 11 (and never changing her e.e) for far realms or other dimention fluff.

At level 1 I got 2 flaws and he told me to go like this:

1) Versatile Spellcasting, Heighten Spell, Improved Binding

I dont know which other feats could work for this build and which 8 last level should I take.

We using 32-point buy and all sourcebooks + dragon magazine if allowed (have to check first with DM)

Hope you guys can help :v

malonkey1
2014-06-26, 11:26 AM
If you were able to make room for 2 more free levels in your build, I'd say Rainbow Servant 10 is a good idea, seeing as it interacts really well with Warmage (you can cast ANY Cleric spell at ANY time.). However, as far as fluff goes, I don't know if it will fit. I think the more abstract version of what I mean is that when using Warmage, expanding your spell list is good. Very good. Warmage is a class for blasting, and blasting is a very weak playstyle, especially on its own.

Val666
2014-06-26, 11:39 AM
If you were able to make room for 2 more free levels in your build, I'd say Rainbow Servant 10 is a good idea, seeing as it interacts really well with Warmage (you can cast ANY Cleric spell at ANY time.). However, as far as fluff goes, I don't know if it will fit. I think the more abstract version of what I mean is that when using Warmage, expanding your spell list is good. Very good. Warmage is a class for blasting, and blasting is a very weak playstyle, especially on its own.

Yeah I knew Warmage is for blasting and I know blasting is one of the weakest things a spellcaster can do. How to expand your spell list sounds like a very good Idea for those last 8 levels. Any thoughts? :v

Kazudo
2014-06-26, 11:41 AM
As a question and question alone, why Warmage and not Duskblade?

Val666
2014-06-26, 11:48 AM
As a question and question alone, why Warmage and not Duskblade?

Because warmage have listed 9 level spells and CHA synergy with Binder. INT is a needed stat too, but CHA is priority. I think...

Kazudo
2014-06-26, 12:04 PM
Well, Warmage DOES get Int to spell damage in most cases but only if it's cast using the warmage list, which may or may not be affected by gained spells through PrCs. I can't remember.

Val666
2014-06-26, 02:53 PM
Well yeah but still Duskblade get only 5th level spells and Warmages cast off of CHA. Warmage Edge is good at low levels yeah but nothing impresive. e.e

Kazudo
2014-06-26, 03:16 PM
Duskblade's spell channeling is nice as well. Plus the full BAB progression.

But that's neither here nor there.

Val666
2014-06-26, 04:09 PM
Well Im not looking for being on melee (the full bab and arcane chaneling gg) I just want to expand my spell list e.e

Trundlebug
2014-06-26, 04:10 PM
Duskblade's spell channeling is nice as well. Plus the full BAB progression.

But that's neither here nor there.

Why not both! Duskblade/Ur-Priest is sexy. Full attack channel Harms, hmmmm.

EDIT:All your Eldar warlock needs in one package!

Jeff the Green
2014-06-26, 04:27 PM
Well Im not looking for being on melee (the full bab and arcane chaneling gg) I just want to expand my spell list e.e

What about Sandshaper? For one level that doesn't progress casting you get a bunch of really nice spells added to your list, and a lot of them at a lower level than normal.

Arcane Disciple too, but you're unlikely to have a high enough Wisdom to make good use of it. A bloodline feat (see ratings here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=5076244&postcount=30)) is probably better, if less diverse.

Pyromancer999
2014-06-26, 04:27 PM
You're going to need a dip in there somewhere. You can't get into Anima Mage at level 3 unless you went Precocious Apprentice and then took the feat that lets you have some binding and Improved Binding for your flaw feats. If that was what you were intending, that is.

That said, go Rainbow Warsnake, although check to see whether your DM follows the text or the table.

Val666
2014-06-26, 04:55 PM
You're going to need a dip in there somewhere. You can't get into Anima Mage at level 3 unless you went Precocious Apprentice and then took the feat that lets you have some binding and Improved Binding for your flaw feats. If that was what you were intending, that is.

That said, go Rainbow Warsnake, although check to see whether your DM follows the text or the table.

I don't get why Anima Mage can't be entered at level 3. Using Improved Binding my EBL is 3 at Binder level 1. Using the Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten Spell trick I can "cast 2nd level spells" at level 1 of the spell casting class. Any metamagic feat: Heighten Spell. 4 ranks in 2 skills can be achieved at level 1. So my entry is pretty correct I think.

What about Sandshaper? For one level that doesn't progress casting you get a bunch of really nice spells added to your list, and a lot of them at a lower level than normal.

Arcane Disciple too, but you're unlikely to have a high enough Wisdom to make good use of it. A bloodline feat (see ratings here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=5076244&postcount=30)) is probably better, if less diverse.

Mmmmm....Sandshaper extra spells look very good. But that is another lose of spell casting which lets me with 18 CL at level 20. Assuming Warmage spell casting that means 9th level spells at level 20 ;/ instead of 19 D; which other ways of expanding the spell list and not losing caster levels do ya know???