PDA

View Full Version : Optimized to be Buffed

EugeneVoid
2014-06-26, 01:01 PM
How would you build a character who makes the most out of buffs. Assuming one is playing in a caster-heavy campaign, and your character has no casting what feats/classes do you take to maximize the buffs your casters can give you?

eg. Your casters give you polymorph, so you don't need physical stats as much.

Bonus points if you can function without buffs
Even more bonus points if you can't function without buffs.

I think they'll be things like warshaper, soul eater, aberrant reach, but I'm not sure.

Calimehter
2014-06-26, 01:08 PM
Well, if you're willing to put up enough buffs, you can make just about anything into a buzzsaw.

From the more common choices, I've found paladin to be a fun buff target in a caster-heavy party, simply because MAD meant that there was almost no buff around that didn't do at least a *little* something for me, and you could stack lots of stat-boosts even w/o having to worry about type. Monk might be even better in that regard, since they are also MAD and don't have to worry about messing up their synergy with a mount-focused build, but I've never tried it out in IRL.

Rebel7284
2014-06-26, 01:10 PM
Most of the things I can think of that boost buff effectiveness are caster-based.

- Cooperative metamagic
- Song of Arcane Power

Zaq
2014-06-26, 01:14 PM
Reforged (Races of Eberron) gain an additional +1 whenever they're affected by a morale bonus. Unfortunately, the rest of the class sucks, and it's not really worth it for just a +1 bonus (you could probably get a permanent +1 to whatever you wanted for the same investment; three levels is nothing to throw away), but if you're optimizing this as a theme, it's all I can think of that explicitly gets more out of buffs.