PDA

View Full Version : making Godzilla

brian c
2007-02-25, 03:33 PM
Okay, I want to make a Kobold as big as I can and have him act like godzilla... any suggestions?
It has to be a Kobold. I know Expansion can get you up two sizes (which would be to Large); I'm wondering if that can stack with Enlarge Person (or more specifically, a Permanent Enlarge Person) or if Enlarge Person (permanent) can be stacked with another Enlarge Person (I assume not, but asking just for the heck of it). Without getting cheesy, what's the biggest i can make a Kobold? He has to stay a Kobold, no wild-shaping; this isn't for a game or anything I'm just curious. If I ever DM anything then I'd love to introduce Godzilla as an enemy though. I figure I could do a barbarian with the half-dragon template (and probably dip a level or two in psychic warrior for Expansion) to get him as big and strong as possible, maybe also levels in Kobold paragon (Races of the Dragon)

Recap: You have a Kobold. Using anything non-cheesy, get him as big as possible, at least Huge. Psionics allowed.

Edit: Just saw in the description of Expansion that size-increasing abilities don't stack; I suppose that applies even if Enlarge Person is made permanent

ishi
2007-02-25, 03:40 PM
Giant Size, Wu Jen spell level 7. Makes the caster Colossal at caster level 19 or better.

Of course, if you're the GM, you can kinda make up your own by combining aspects of lizardfolk and giants.

oriong
2007-02-25, 03:41 PM
No, expansion and enlarge don't stack, size boosting effects pretty much never do.

your best bet is the Giant Size spell, which can make him up to 72 feet tall (collossal). This isn't as tall as godzilla, but of course there aren't skyscrapers in most D+D cities so there's not as much need for him to be that big.

brian c
2007-02-25, 04:00 PM
That's a pretty high level spell, with range personal only... 15th level Wu-Jen to get just to Huge Size is a lot of levels to take. It's a pretty ridiculous spell too; I'm looking at Oriental Adventures right now and it says only -2 dex (whatever size you go to). The net effect is thata lvl19 Wu Jen can get +8 to attack, +16 damage, +3 AC, plus hp from increased constitution.

oriong
2007-02-25, 04:12 PM
Yes, but that just means that you now have these massive melee combat bonuses...to a full caster. Sure, +8 to attack and +16 to damage sound impressive, except that you're talking about a character with the worst BAB, hit points, and weapon damage possible, not to mention no heavy armor. It turns a horrible melee fighter into a mediocre melee fighter at the cost of a 7th level spell, the only real use is casting it prior to a spell like Tenser's Transformation, which Wu-Jen don't get.

EDIT: There is a Titanic Template, but it only applies to animals and vermin unfortunately.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-25, 04:14 PM
Of course, clerics can emulate Giant Size with Miracle at no XP cost.

Goodbye, Righteous Might. Hel-LO, Godzilla-sized CoDzilla.

Ramza00
2007-02-25, 04:14 PM
Do not use Wu Jen to get giant size. Use Cleric and "dope" it with an XP free miracle.

Damn Bears ninja me.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-25, 04:25 PM
EDIT: There is a Titanic Template, but it only applies to animals and vermin unfortunately.

That shouldn't stop us. All we have to do is make the kobold a Vermin or Animal. The Fang of Lolth PrC changes one's type to Vermin. Ergo, a Kobold class X/Fang of Lolth 10 could have the Titanic template applied.

brian c
2007-02-25, 04:31 PM
Where is the Titanic Template? What book?

MeklorIlavator
2007-02-25, 04:32 PM
What type of creature is godzilla? On the off chance its an animal, a druid could do it, other wise you need master of many forms.

oriong
2007-02-25, 04:33 PM
Godzilla pretty much has to be a magical beast, not that he has actual stats anywhere that I know of, or possibly an aberration.

EDIT: The Titanic template is in the Monster Manual 2, so it's technically 3.0, you'll also have some weird issues since it's meant to be applied to things that can't have class levels.

brian c
2007-02-25, 04:33 PM
What type of creature is godzilla? On the off chance its an animal, a druid could do it, other wise you need master of many forms.

Godzilla is some sort of lizard; I guess you could classify it as a dinosaur and then I know there's a feat somewhere that lets you wildshape into a dinosaur, but my intention with this is to have a normal reptilian creature and just make it bigger, not to wildshape into it.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-25, 04:37 PM
You'll need a breath weapon as well, though...

GryffonDurime
2007-02-25, 04:37 PM
Forget Godzilla, I'd rather see Mothra.

Titanic Dire Butterfly with time traveling/mystical powers? Yes, please.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-25, 04:38 PM
Breath weapons are easy to get, either via class levels, half-dragonhood (add scales), or other means.

brian c
2007-02-25, 04:41 PM
Breath weapons are easy to get, either via class levels, half-dragonhood (add scales), or other means.

like i said in the first post, i could take the half-dragon template to get breath weapons and claw/bite attacks. There's also a feat in RatD for a Kobold to get a tail with an attack from that too.

Clementx
2007-02-25, 06:13 PM
Not to be snarky, but there is already a Godzilla in DnD. Page 240 of the Monster Manual. It even looks like a kobold. Add Half-Dragon for breath weapon fun.

ZekeArgo
2007-02-25, 06:47 PM
Not to be snarky, but there is already a Godzilla in DnD. Page 240 of the Monster Manual. It even looks like a kobold. Add Half-Dragon for breath weapon fun.

Eh, the Terrasque has more in common with the Americal Godzilla (AKA Godzilla In Name Only - GINO) than the truly majestic creature that is Godzilla.

Indon
2007-02-25, 06:55 PM
You'll need a breath weapon as well, though...

Doesn't Godzilla also have like, eye lasers or something? Or am I thinking of one of the creatures Godzilla fights...

OOTS_Rules.
2007-02-25, 07:11 PM
Thats Godzilla's robot clone. Mechagodzilla, I believe.

goat
2007-02-25, 07:32 PM
If it was my campaign and I wanted them to fight a giant, Godzilla like Kobold, I think I'd just have them encounter a giant, Godzilla like Kobold.

Where did it come from? How did it get so big? Why does it have a breath weapon and a taste for trashing cities?

*Shrug* Maybe the Kobold God was bored.

brian c
2007-02-25, 08:02 PM
If it was my campaign and I wanted them to fight a giant, Godzilla like Kobold, I think I'd just have them encounter a giant, Godzilla like Kobold.

Where did it come from? How did it get so big? Why does it have a breath weapon and a taste for trashing cities?

*Shrug* Maybe the Kobold God was bored.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, it would be great to actually do this within the rules but as DM you can bend the rules pretty much however you want. Could be an Avatar of Kurtulmak... RotD says that Kurtulmak's Herald is a cleric/sorceror/mystic theurge; I wish there were stats for Kurtulmak and for an avatar like there are for other gods in Deities and Demigods

Collin152
2007-02-25, 08:17 PM
Reagardless of how you would do it, it has been asked that it be made out of a kobold. Personally, I'm stumped.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-25, 08:39 PM
Of course, clerics can emulate Giant Size with Miracle at no XP cost.

Goodbye, Righteous Might. Hel-LO, Godzilla-sized CoDzilla.
Considering sigging this...

kire
2007-02-25, 09:44 PM
Doesn't Godzilla also have like, eye lasers or something? Or am I thinking of one of the creatures Godzilla fights...

Godzilla has "Atomic Breath", where first the fins on his back glow, then he shoots out a blue stream of "radiation" that is quite devastating to model buildings and tanks.

brian c
2007-02-25, 10:50 PM
Reagardless of how you would do it, it has been asked that it be made out of a kobold. Personally, I'm stumped.

I suppose the best I can do is with a Kobold Wu Jen, or cheat a little and put Giant Size onto the sorceror spell list

oriong
2007-02-25, 10:52 PM
Well, you can always just grant the kobold a magic item that can cast (or permanently use) Giant Size.

Collin152
2007-02-25, 11:32 PM
Or it could be... a plot hook. A kobold under the effects lingering from a spell test for the last war has grown to collosal proportions! He is ravaging the great city of... Do'Keiyo. The Great beast crys out in a rage.. the great beast they call : Zilla-Zilla!

Jack Mann
2007-02-25, 11:50 PM
There's a kaiju template in some issue of Dragon or other. They recently had a kaiju yrthak, which brings us in the neighborhood of Rodan...

Collin152
2007-02-25, 11:58 PM
Hm... whatever the end result for GOdzilla is, would Mechagodzilla be a half Iron golem version? Or like... an Effigy creature?

Mewtarthio
2007-02-26, 12:09 AM
Hm... whatever the end result for GOdzilla is, would Mechagodzilla be a half Iron golem version? Or like... an Effigy creature?

Mechagodzilla is just a large robot that happens to be shaped like Godzilla. It was constructed by giant cockroach aliens that possessed human bodies (or at leat I think those guys were the cockroaches... or were they those purple gorilla things? It's been some time...).