PDA

View Full Version : Optimization New to gestalt and looking for shadow pouncing

Johnngrimm
2014-06-26, 09:16 PM
A while back I played a Rouge 3/ Swordsage 2/ Assassin 3/ Telflammar Shadowlord 4 that was really fun. I have played several regular campaigns before and now I am playing in my first gestalt campaign and wanted to do something similar to my shadow pouncer. Our DM has run many gestalt campaigns before and said he is used to T1 PC's. We can use any material we find, even homebrew though he has final say on homebrew material. We get the elite array for stats (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8).

Im not necessarily looking to play a rouge again, I just like the Idea of teleporting to my enemies hitting them for a bunch of damage and teleporting away. Any Ideas?

Piggy Knowles
2014-06-26, 10:09 PM
I once played a Warblade 10 // Rogue 3/Totemist 2/Crinti Shadow Marauder 5 in a short-lived campaign. It was pretty fun while it lasted.

Johnngrimm
2014-06-27, 12:20 AM
How exactly does building a gestalt character work? Do you just take all the abilities of both classes and add them together? Because then you could just take two full bab classes and get 2 bab from the start...

Jeff the Green
2014-06-27, 01:45 AM
If two classes have the same thing, it accrues at the faster rate. So a Warblade 10//Wizard 10 has a BAB of 10, not 15. He also gets 4+Int skill points per level (as Warblade), good Fortitude (as Warblade), poor Reflex (as both), and good Will (as Wizard). He gets the spells and maneuvers (and all other class features) as a Wizard 10 and Warblade 10.

Regissoma
2014-06-27, 02:24 AM
I always liked the Duskblade 13/ Criniti Shadow Maruader 5 as a side of the build.
Step 1: Arcane Channel Dimension Hop into a tiny dagger or low damage weapon
Step 2: Full attack enemy with a different weapon; use the last attack to hit yourself to Dimension Hop
Step 3: Shadow Pounce
Step 4: Rinse and Repeat step 2 and 3 till DM throws a book at you or everything is dead

For more fun don't forget the Arcane Strike stacking.

This is a pretty feat intensive build though, but can lead to lots of damage if you get lots and lots of spells. One time I said screw it using this build in a gesalt and burned all my spells on both sides to get a nice few hundred d4s of extra damage per hit for the next 8 rounds. Used a spike chain, had great cleave, and sweeping strike from War Mind.

Wizard 15/War Mind 5//Duskblade 13/Criniti Shadow Maruader 5/Crusader 2
Feats:
TWF, Power Atk, Cleave, Great Cleave, Hidden Talent, Stand Still, Combat Reflexes, Arcane Strike, Knowledge Devotion

Can't remember the rest off the top of my head