PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Flesh Golem cost breakdown?

Diachronos
2014-06-26, 09:25 PM
In one of the campaigns I'm currently in, I'm trying to craft a Flesh Golem. It's been a huge hassle, largely because I haven't been able to get the corpses needed to craft it because our main "cleric" is an idiot who seems to think that being a gestalt fighter/cleric with the Fire Domain means being a front-line combatant that needs to literally incinerate everything with his domain spells.

Fortunately, I was able to trade in a Ring of Blinking for a few other magic items, among them being a flesh golem manual. The next main roadblock has been getting the cash together to craft it. That got me thinking: How exactly do you determine the costs to craft a golem? The Bestiary says that it costs 10,500g to craft, but the only specified components are "special unguents
and bindings," which only comes up to 500g.

I've been thinking it over, and this is what I've come up with so far:

Special bindings/materials - 500g
Black Onyx for animate dead - 225g (25g per HD)
Diamond for limited wish - 1500g

That brings the total cost in components to 2225g, which is still leaves 8275g of the cost unaccounted for. Does that mean that the bodies required to craft the golem are equal to 8275g in materials? Or are there other materials contributing to the price tag that the books just don't mention?

Serafina
2014-06-26, 10:44 PM
It's standard Magic Item Crafting cost - what you actually spend all those GP on isn't mentioned. Feel free to make stuff up (along with your GM), all that matters is that the accumulated materials have the listed total gold piece value.