PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Cloak & Dagger (Starts Monday 02/26/07)

Tormsskull
2007-02-25, 03:52 PM
The next day begins @ 9AM EST Thursday and ends @ 9pm EST Saturday Night.

The first post from the Recruitment thread:

Important: Starting Date Changed to February 26th (This upcoming Monday). I'll accept registrations Until 11:59 Saturday night. That will give me all of Sunday to arrange the spreadsheet and such.

Ok, I had an idea for a game. Basically this game is all about making secret alliances, stabbing people in the back, you know, all the fun stuff. Its incredibly simple. Everyone who signs up to play will be given a list of three people that they have to kill. In order to win, the 3 people on their list must die, and they must live until the end.

In order to kill someone you have to point at them, and 2 other people have to point at them as well. At the end of the round (approximately 2 real days) whoever has 3 fingers (or more) pointing at them is eliminated from the game. Multiple people can be eliminated per round. The game continues in this succession until there are 3 consecutive rounds where no one is eliminated. The winner of those remaining will be the person who has eliminated all of their targets. If more than 1 of the reamining eliminated all of their targets, then there will be a tie.

I'd expect there to be a LOT of finger pointing switches through each round. The end of the day is the only thing that really matters though.

Example of Play:

Player A's list to kill is Players B, C, D.
Player B's list to kill is Players A, C, D.
Player C's list to kill is Players A, B, D.
Player D's list to kill is Players A, B, C.

Round 1

Player A points at Player C.

Player B points at Player C.

Player C sends a PM to Player B and tells him that if he will remove his finger, he'll point at whoever Player B tells him too.

Player B agrees and switches his finger to Player A.

Player C also points at Player A.

Player D take the opportunity to point at Player A to eliminate him from the game.

Player A sends a PM to Player D and tells him if he removes his finger he'll point at whoever Player D wants him too. Player D says no thanks and lets Player A perish.

48 hours culminates, Player A is removed. Round 2 starts, etc.

I wouldn't want to start this game until probably March 1st or so (plenty of time for registration if enough players are interested, enough time for Survival Horror to perhaps be over, etc).

So, anyone interested?

Edit:

Roster so far:

-Death
-Alarra
-Silkenfist
-Selrahc
-Gnome Barbarian
-Atreyu the Masked LLama
-Indurain (formerly Krystal_Tiger, be sure to update your target list!)
-Krursk
-Lucky
-DarkLightDragon
-Khantalas
-Captain van der Decken
-Castaras
-evnafets
-Deathcow
-Shadow
-DarkCorax
-Zar Peter
-Meynolds
-PirateMonk
-TheChris
-El Jaspero, the Pirate King
-Raistlin1040
-Kyrian
-Jontom Xire

Ok, everyone has been PMed their 3 targets. If you did not receive a PM and you are on the above list, please PM me ASAP. Also:

Thank you and I hope everyone has a lot of fun.

The game has begun.

Still Alive:
-Death
-Alarra
-Silkenfist
-Selrahc
-Gnome Barbarian
-Atreyu the Masked LLama
-Indurain (formerly Krystal_Tiger, be sure to update your target list!)
-Krursk
-Lucky
-DarkLightDragon
-Khantalas
-Captain van der Decken
-Castaras
-evnafets
-Deathcow
-Shadow
-DarkCorax
-Zar Peter
-Meynolds
-PirateMonk
-TheChris
-El Jaspero, the Pirate King
-Raistlin1040
-Kyrian
-Jontom Xire

Fingers a'pointing: (Updated as of post # 48)

If you notice something wrong (as of the current update) please let me know ASAP!!!

Jontom Xire
2007-02-26, 03:16 AM
Whoohoo it's Monday and I get first post!

Woot!

Ok, who wants to form an alliance or something? I'll point at your targets if you point at mine, etc.

PM me.

I still think it ought to take more than three votes in the early rounds.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-02-26, 03:17 AM
Oh dear...did I miss this one, too?

Jontom Xire
2007-02-26, 12:04 PM
So who's going to be the first to point and make a target of themselves?

Oh ok, I'll take the risk.

Jontom points at Cobra Ikari.

Tormsskull
2007-02-26, 12:10 PM
Ok, this "day" will officially end on Wednesday @ 9PM EST. I'll have the updates available sometime after that & then declare the start of a new day.

P.S.
Jontom, Cobra isn't actually in this game. He was commenting on the fact that he missed registration.

Castaras
2007-02-26, 12:18 PM
Mmkay.

Now, who should I point at...?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-26, 12:38 PM
*Points at The Chris* Maybe he'll make a witty or snarky comment about me now.

Castaras
2007-02-26, 12:40 PM
Eh, might as well.

* Points at Silkenfist *

Lucky
2007-02-26, 01:07 PM
Seconded.

*Points at Silkenfist

I just have a feeling he'll be too good at this game, so might as well take him out now.

Jontom Xire
2007-02-26, 01:58 PM
Ok, this "day" will officially end on Wednesday @ 9PM EST. I'll have the updates available sometime after that & then declare the start of a new day.

P.S.
Jontom, Cobra isn't actually in this game. He was commenting on the fact that he missed registration.

I know. I was being silly.

Jontom points at Silkenfist

Zar Peter
2007-02-26, 02:28 PM
OK, let's do some random pointing here

* Zar Peter points at Kyrian *

Shadow
2007-02-26, 03:01 PM
(post to get subscribed while I figure out who to point at!)

Meynolds
2007-02-26, 03:58 PM
A man sits down somewhere making sure that his back is not to the door, and he *Points at DarkLightDragon* (Chosen at random from the list of the living)

Alarra
2007-02-26, 04:36 PM
(Do you think maybe it might work better to make it the person that has the most votes, rather than anyone that has 3?, that makes it so easy to get them out...Also...Indurain signed up and isn't on your list.)

Silkenfist
2007-02-26, 04:45 PM
I see that some of you have chosen me as their target. I don't know whether I am on your list, whether you just want to see a rival die or if you are just trigger happy.

I don't want to be in the middle of such a battle and I don't think you want to be in it either. I give you some time to withdraw your fingers, after that I will employ countermeasures at whoever is still pointing at me.

Jontom Xire
2007-02-27, 03:10 AM
Nothing personal, Silkenfist. You're not even on my list. You're on an ally's list. Well actually you're on several of my allies' lists.

I have quite a big alliance already. Retributional strikes by friends of Silkenfist would not be advisable because the rest of the alliance would see that as a threat and retaliate. You might survive. You might even win the war, but many of you would be taken down.

Silkenfist has his three votes. If any of those chicken out there are plenty to replace them. You can't save Silkenfist. Don't risk yourselves trying.

Silkenfist
2007-02-27, 04:24 AM
Nothing personal, Silkenfist. You're not even on my list. You're on an ally's list. Well actually you're on several of my allies' lists.

I have quite a big alliance already. Retributional strikes by friends of Silkenfist would not be advisable because the rest of the alliance would see that as a threat and retaliate. You might survive. You might even win the war, but many of you would be taken down.

Silkenfist has his three votes. If any of those chicken out there are plenty to replace them. You can't save Silkenfist. Don't risk yourselves trying.

Oh, I was already expecting this. But thanks anyway for confirming.

Castaras, Lucky: Jontom has mentioned that he is willing to risk a clash of alliances to get me killed. This means that every smart person will associate you with the group, JX is speaking of. If you keep your fingers pointed at me, you will be considered part of the hostile alliance, but if you don't belong to it, you will receive nothing in return. You risk to become cannon fodder for a group you aren't even part of.
In both my and your interest, I can only tell you to withdraw your fingers. If Jontom Speaks truth, he will have to replace your fingers with member of his own alliance. Why should you do the dirty work for them?

Tormsskull
2007-02-27, 06:35 AM
(Do you think maybe it might work better to make it the person that has the most votes, rather than anyone that has 3?, that makes it so easy to get them out...Also...Indurain signed up and isn't on your list.)

I had considered that, but I think being able to eliminate multiple opponents in 1 round adds another layer of scheming possibilities, and I'm all about the scheming possibilities. Plus you can't protect yourself simply by making sure someone else gets more votes than you.

As far as Indurain, I totally missed him. However, 1 person already PMed me asking if they could drop out because of all the other games their in. Let me confirm with that person, the we'll just do a simple swap. Thanks for catching my mistake Alarra.

DarkCorax
2007-02-27, 11:57 AM
Hmmm... while I figure out who to ally with, I will point at some random person to stay active *DarkCorax Points at Gnome Barbarian*

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 01:51 PM
Hmm... Kyrian points at Raistlin1040

Indurain
2007-02-27, 02:46 PM
I had considered that, but I think being able to eliminate multiple opponents in 1 round adds another layer of scheming possibilities, and I'm all about the scheming possibilities. Plus you can't protect yourself simply by making sure someone else gets more votes than you.

As far as Indurian, I totally missed him. However, 1 person already PMed me asking if they could drop out because of all the other games their in. Let me confirm with that person, the we'll just do a simple swap. Thanks for catching my mistake Alarra.

*phew* *extra phew for character minimum*

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-02-27, 06:20 PM
*points at Gnome Barbarian*

I never much trusted guys who can bite your knees off in a frenzied rage.

PirateMonk
2007-02-27, 06:25 PM
Hmm... Kyrian points at Raistlin1040

Sure, why not. Points at Raistlin1040.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-27, 06:28 PM
*raises eyebrow*
points at Kyrian

Deathcow
2007-02-27, 10:41 PM
Points at Raistlin1040

Edit: sneakily re-aims finger at PirateMonk

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-28, 03:26 AM
*DLD points at Kyrian*

Selrahc
2007-02-28, 05:56 AM
*Points at Death*

Tormsskull
2007-02-28, 06:25 AM
Important:

I got confirmation from Krystal_Tiger that she is dropping out. Indurain will be taking her place. If you have Krystal_Tiger on your hitlist (your 3 targets) please change her name to Indurain. Thanks & sorry for the confusion.

Indurian, I'm PMing you your three targets now.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-02-28, 08:19 AM
*Death points to JX

Higher authority made me do it.

Silkenfist
2007-02-28, 08:29 AM
*points at JX

You had your chance and you didn't take it. I'll be meeting you at the Styx.

Castaras, Lucky: I can only repeat my offer. Get yourself out of this and see whether JX has own muscle to back himself up. If you keep following him, you will be considered his lackeys.

Jontom Xire
2007-02-28, 10:05 AM
*Death points to JX

Higher authority made me do it.

You mean Silkenfist.

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-28, 10:37 AM
Hmm.

*Points at Raistlin1040*

Shadow
2007-02-28, 01:42 PM
You mean Silkenfist.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

*Shadow points at Death for a completely different reason.

[edit] *Shadow points at Gnome Barbarian now instead.

[edit 2] The offeres keep getting better and better. One of you is going to end up owing me your first born child...
*Points at Death again.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-28, 05:50 PM
*point at Death*

Kyrian
2007-02-28, 05:57 PM
Points at Death.

Indurain
2007-02-28, 07:21 PM
Points at Gnome Barbarian.

evnafets
2007-02-28, 07:30 PM
Just to come in and push some random person over the edge:
evnafets points at Gnome_Barbarian

Edit: Well it seems someone already has. Meh. I'll just stick with it for now.

Alarra
2007-02-28, 07:44 PM
*points at DLD*

TheChris
2007-02-28, 07:46 PM
*points at DarkLightDragon*

Tormsskull
2007-02-28, 07:51 PM
1st post updated as of #39. If you see something wrong yell please. I'm going to double check the posts before I make a call of course, but 4 (or 6 or 40) eyes are better than 2.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-28, 08:08 PM
*The llama (Atreyu not Indurain) points at Jontom Xire*

yeah, JX, you were kinda on my list, so I couldn't bring myself to ally with you. I try to be an omnivore of my word.

PirateMonk
2007-02-28, 08:44 PM
Hm, last minute switch. I want a kill, so Kyrian or JX. If I go for JX, I can decapitate both alliances, if reports are true and no one else does this. As for Kyrian...
Points at Jontom Xire
Maybe next round.

Oh yeah, that's not up to date. Wouldn't want to antagonize a major alliance. Kyrian, then.
Points at Kyrian

evnafets
2007-02-28, 08:49 PM
Ah - my vote is kinda wasted on Gnome Barbarian

I'll go for the other guy jumping ship at the last minute, who can't seem to make up his mind.

evnafets points at PirateMonk

Tormsskull
2007-02-28, 09:26 PM
A dagger at night is worth more than 10,000 swords at dawn.

-saying from an old SSI Dragonlance game.

The first post has been updated with the dead.

The new "day" begins tomorrow @ 9AM EST (any points beforehand won't be recognized) and lasts until Saturday night @ 9PM EST (to keep things consistent).

Happy Scheming!

Jontom Xire
2007-03-01, 03:00 AM
I'm not just saying this 'cos I died, but having played I stand by my original statement earlier that three votes is too few in the start game. 6 people died, and I orchestrated three of their deaths. For one guy to get together an alliance that takes out three guys in one round is a little powerful, and for that guy to then get taken out so easily despite that....

I still think someone should need 25% of the vote or three, whichever is MORE. That way a maximum of four people get taken out per turn (rather than a third of all players), and typically only two or three will get killed.

Zar Peter
2007-03-01, 04:53 AM
To start pointing:

After Silkenfist, there is one still alive, who is even more powerful than him.

COLOR="Red"]* Zar Peter points at Alarra *[/COLOR]

Edit to make it official

Tormsskull
2007-03-01, 06:34 AM
For one guy to get together an alliance that takes out three guys in one round is a little powerful, and for that guy to then get taken out so easily despite that....

I don't find it suprising that 6 people were eliminated in the first round at all. I had anticipated a lot of deaths early on. The reason the game is called "Cloak & Dagger" is because it is all about remaining hidden. The idea is that anyone can be killed pretty easily.

I still think someone should need 25% of the vote or three, whichever is MORE. That way a maximum of four people get taken out per turn (rather than a third of all players), and typically only two or three will get killed.

I had considered doing something like that, but most of the games are structured in that way. Thus I wanted to try something a bit different. When this one has run its course I'll gladly take suggestions about future versions.

To start pointing:

After Silkenfist, there is one still alive, who is even more powerful than him.

* Zar Peter points at Alarra *

Just to remind you Zar, points before 9AM EST aren't official.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-01, 08:42 AM
I don't find it suprising that 6 people were eliminated in the first round at all. I had anticipated a lot of deaths early on. The reason the game is called "Cloak & Dagger" is because it is all about remaining hidden. The idea is that anyone can be killed pretty easily.

I guess I was a lot dagger but not enough cloak. Trouble is I am a bit too honest so that approaching Silkenfist to say I was being forced into it or something so as to shift his counterattack to someone else...not really my nature.

Selrahc
2007-03-01, 02:24 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have some way to ally and save....

Perhaps a save vote, and a kill vote. Matching each other one for one. If someone gets three more "Kills" than "saves", then they die.

Or just one vote, to be used either killing, or saving.

PirateMonk
2007-03-01, 08:23 PM
I guess I was a lot dagger but not enough cloak. Trouble is I am a bit too honest so that approaching Silkenfist to say I was being forced into it or something so as to shift his counterattack to someone else...not really my nature.

Yeah, that would probably be it.

So, any fingers?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-01, 08:46 PM
Sure

*Atreyu points at The Chris*

PirateMonk
2007-03-01, 09:24 PM
Sure, why not?
Points at TheChris

evnafets
2007-03-01, 09:30 PM
Why? evnafets points at PirateMonk

Zar Peter
2007-03-02, 05:26 AM
* Zar Peter points at Alarra *

Lucky
2007-03-02, 07:22 AM
*Points at Alarra

Castaras
2007-03-02, 10:45 AM
Points at Alarra

Deathcow
2007-03-02, 02:31 PM
Why all the hate for Alarra?

Points at TheChris

Meynolds
2007-03-02, 03:33 PM
I shall Point at PirateMonk.

DarkCorax
2007-03-02, 04:59 PM
I shall point at ^ *DarkCorax Points at Meynolds*

Edit: oh and what is the policy on auto-lynching and not voting, I may have missed it in the original thread...

Castaras
2007-03-02, 05:00 PM
Changing my vote, I'll do some nice random pointing.

Points at Khantalas

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-02, 05:24 PM
I'll point at Zar Peter.

Deathcow
2007-03-03, 02:08 AM
Hmm... just for chaos' sake...

Changes finger from TheChris to PirateMonk.

PirateMonk
2007-03-03, 12:10 PM
What are you killing me for??

PirateMonk
2007-03-03, 02:01 PM
No one who wants to kill me is online... :smallannoyed:

Castaras
2007-03-03, 02:16 PM
Aww, how sad. I'll kill you if you want, to make you feel better.

Lucky
2007-03-03, 04:23 PM
*Points at Shadow

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 04:29 PM
*points at TheChris*

Zar Peter
2007-03-03, 05:52 PM
* Zar Peter points at Shadow *

Indurain
2007-03-03, 05:57 PM
Indurain points at Meynolds.

Shadow
2007-03-03, 05:58 PM
That's OK buddy.
You're on mine, too! Hopefully the cavalry arrives so that we can go out together!
*points at Zar Peter.

[edit] survival change!
*ponts at Meynolds

Zar Peter
2007-03-03, 06:03 PM
It had been an honour for me to play against you, maybe next time we can play together.

I wish I could stay up till 3:00AM to see the endgame

evnafets
2007-03-03, 06:19 PM
Just to put a different spin on things
evnafets points at shadow

Shadow
2007-03-03, 07:22 PM
*points at PirateMonk
Well, as he doesn't seem to want to take the deal.... it's back to plan A for me.
*Points at Zar Peter.

And I'm very disappointed in both of you. You know who you are.

2007-03-03, 08:34 PM
"Rotting hippo stinks."

*El J points at Sehlrac*

"Too hard to spell."

*El J points at Khantalas*

Alarra
2007-03-03, 08:35 PM
*Alarra points at Selrahc

*Alarra points at PirateMonk

TheChris
2007-03-03, 08:37 PM
*TheChris points at Sehlrac

*TheChris points at meynolds

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 08:45 PM
The llama points at Zar Peter

Selrahc
2007-03-03, 08:48 PM
Good job no one is pointing at Selrahc, or I'd be in some real trouble....

*Points at Krursk* because hes on my list.

*Points at Khantalas instead* saving your own skin at the expense of someone elses rocks.

PirateMonk
2007-03-03, 09:11 PM
I died. This is the last time I turn my back on a mod.

Shadow
2007-03-03, 09:21 PM
OK.
Now that it's past 9 let me tell you how crazy the last few hours of this round was!
Out of nowhere I get two fingers on me.
Before I can finish typing my response, there's a third.
I make a deal.
Back to two.
I get a PM saying that if I don't change my vote I'll have a third.
Before I can respond to that, I'm back to three by someone esle.
I try and cut a deal with the third (knowing full well that it's useless because of the nameless person from the PM waiting in the wings).

Screw it!
Back where I started.
If I'm going, so's Zar Peter!
Thanks Llama!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:23 PM
Ummmmm..you're welcome?

Shadow
2007-03-03, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I didn't expect it to be you that jumped in there.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:29 PM
so..it was you who sent the anonymous PM?

Shadow
2007-03-03, 09:31 PM
You got an anonymous PM?
Not from me!

How do you send one anonymously?

Alarra
2007-03-03, 09:34 PM
Out of nowhere? You really think so? They clearly weren't 'out of nowhere'....

And also...trying to play two people off against one another really isn't nice. And I don't like being lied to. But cheers! You were a very valiant and devious opponent.

v yep, sure did, although it's not like he doesn't know, so I don't know that it matters. I sent him a whole pm explaining it.

Shadow
2007-03-03, 09:36 PM
Yeah....
I was trying to get the last two people on my list to take each other out for me.
Would've been sweet!

@V: Yeah! Thanks!
Too bad I got busted! Good luck to the rest of you!

(thought better of leaving that there, huh?)

Tormsskull
2007-03-04, 02:12 AM
First, a couple of questions were asked of me and I want to answer them in the thread incase other people had the same question:

1.) The cutoff time is supposed to be 9 PM EST on the day listed in the first post. I'm using board time because it seems the most fair way to do it. Any votes after 9PM EST on the listed day will not be counted. Regardless if I post right after the deadline or not, the 9 PM deadline doesn't change. I will surely post before the next day begins (9AM the following day).

2.) As far as edits are concerned, I'm going to trust everyone for this round and count everyone's votes, but for future rounds, if your post is edited after 9 PM EST and it contains a vote, it will not be counted. This is the only way I can be sure that your vote didn't change after the deadline. If this causes a problem for anyone I apologize but I can't think of any other way of handling the situation fairly.

All of that out of the way, the first post has been updated with the latest killings / new timeframe for the next day.

Zar Peter
2007-03-04, 12:14 PM
Just to say something about the last round in this match, too: I learned many things.
Shadow and I served our heads on a silver-plate to Alarra, who said thanks and watched our fight with just adjusting one or two votes, the rest had been done by us.
And this was probably the most enjoying game on SMBG I ever played (OK, I'm just 2 months here).

Thanks to all involved, especially Shadow, I seldom laugh loud at the computer, and Alarra, for being really trustworthy (you did what you said, at last)

Wish you all fun and good luck for the next rounds.

Shadow
2007-03-04, 01:48 PM
That's what I was trying to do, but she figured it out and used it against me.

I had a blast too. You should've seen me scrambling trying to stay alive, even though I knew I was busted.

Alarra
2007-03-04, 02:16 PM
*jumps on the bandwagon to say that I thought this was the funnest round of any game I've played so far*

....the scrambling behind the scenes this entire round was simply great, I can't believe how many hours I spent just refreshing this page to see what people were doing and if anyone had answered pms.

I felt kinda bad having to take you both out because playing with you was so much fun. =) Here's hoping the game continues this way.

Deathcow
2007-03-04, 06:13 PM
Hmm... nobody pointing yet? Ah well, wouldn't want to aggravate anyone...

Points at absolutely nobody

evnafets
2007-03-04, 06:20 PM
You can't live your life without aggravating people.
So why fight it?

evnafets points at Captain Van Der Decken

Deathcow
2007-03-04, 06:31 PM
Well, in that case...

Points at evnafets

Selrahc
2007-03-05, 03:45 AM
*Points at Evnafets*

Jontom Xire
2007-03-05, 03:59 AM
*jumps on the bandwagon to say that I thought this was the funnest round of any game I've played so far*

....the scrambling behind the scenes this entire round was simply great, I can't believe how many hours I spent just refreshing this page to see what people were doing and if anyone had answered pms.

I felt kinda bad having to take you both out because playing with you was so much fun. =) Here's hoping the game continues this way.

It would be great if after the end of a game all the PMs could be published somehow.

And now I'm really upset I got taken out so early :( All that behind the scenes stuff was what I love most and I missed out on most of it. <sobs>

Anyway it looks like Alarra has taken over my role of being the most powerful/influential player.

Zar Peter
2007-03-05, 06:05 AM
It could be, she were already in the first round the most influental player, that's why you were taken out.
And about the last round:
Shadow forced me to point at Alarra to start a bandwagon against her, and forced Alarra to take me out because I started a bandwagon against her.
I had Shadow on my list, so I waited till Alarra PM-ed me what I'm doing here and I send her the PM of Shadow so she could see how he betrayed her and take him out.
I think the only way to take Alarra out at this time would have been if Shadow and I worked together, but we had both each other on the list, so we couldn't trust us.
It were very enjoyable after all, but I think we shouldn't publish the PM's, they are personal (that's why they are named so).
But maybe we could discuss tactics after the game is over.

DarkCorax
2007-03-05, 02:35 PM
*DarkCorax points at Castaras*

*DarkCorax Points at evnafets*

Castaras
2007-03-05, 03:09 PM
Why me? :smallfrown:

Oh, and to prevent auto-lynching's sake: Points at Atreyu the llama

evnafets
2007-03-05, 04:07 PM
Sigh. Somehow I knew that would happen.
At least it got the game going

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-05, 11:16 PM
That's the thanks I get for my honesty :smalltongue: I'm not even gonna point at you in return.

point at serlahc

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-06, 12:46 PM
:tongue:

I point at Raistlin.

Castaras
2007-03-06, 01:27 PM
That's the thanks I get for my honesty :smalltongue: I'm not even gonna point at you in return.

point at serlahc

Sorry, just a game y'know. :smalltongue:

evnafets
2007-03-06, 03:55 PM
And the wheeling and dealing begins! Anyone got Krursk on their list?

evnafets points at Krursk

Alarra
2007-03-06, 07:14 PM
For now anyway...

*Alarra points at Selrahc

2007-03-06, 07:31 PM
*points at Decken*

TheChris
2007-03-06, 08:17 PM
Who doesn't like....

*pointing at selrahc!

Alarra
2007-03-06, 09:33 PM
Wow....that round was boring.

Deathcow
2007-03-06, 10:57 PM
It's not over yet, is it?

*checks first page*

Huh. It is. I thought it lasted until Wednesday. Oh well.

Zar Peter
2007-03-07, 01:28 AM

That's youre fault, you took Shadow and me out :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Tormsskull
2007-03-07, 06:34 AM
First post updated. Remember the new round starts @ 9 AM. If my count is right, we're down to 12 people.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-07, 09:55 AM

Its a lot more intense feeling when you have 2 people pointing at you.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-07, 12:06 PM
Check out "Ultimate Greed" for another of Tormsskull's insane back-stabbing games.

A lot of it is similar to this, but it is better because it has more of a reality-basis than this game and also because you can offer more than just promises to each other.

Castaras
2007-03-07, 12:16 PM
Hmm...

But you lose a little bit of the stabbity genius you have here.

But the new one sounds good.

Meanwhile, in the on-going game...* Points at [roll0] Raistlin1040*

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-07, 04:04 PM
*Points at Raistlin1040*

Shadow
2007-03-07, 04:14 PM
Hmm...

But you lose a little bit of the stabbity genius you have here.

But the new one sounds good.

check this out...There may not be stabbing, but there is definately backstabbing!
For example...

Noble A wants to start a revolt. He PM's Nobles B, C, D and E and promises them each 25 gold to join in the revolt (may not seem like alot, but in the earlier stages, with alot of people, IT IS).
Nobles B and C PM each other to find out whether or not they agree that it's a good idea. They surmise that it is not a good idea, but agree to TELL Noble A that they'll join when they recieve the funds.
Noble A sends out the cash.
Nobles B and C contact the King and tell him of the deception planned.
The revolt begins.
Nobles B and C join with the King when they promised to join with Noble A, thus defeating what Noble A thought to e a winning revolt.
They've already gotten paid.
The remaining funds that get dispersed to the King make little difference as:
A) They already have most of Noble A's money and,
B) The King thanks them for thier loyalty and rewards them well on the next round.

This is just ONE possible scenario.

The options are limitless!

Castaras
2007-03-07, 04:16 PM
I'm glad I signed up then. :smallbiggrin:

Deathcow
2007-03-07, 08:04 PM
Hmm...

points at Raistlin1040

Castaras
2007-03-09, 10:56 AM
( Tumbleweed )

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-09, 11:15 AM
points at Castaras

Castaras
2007-03-09, 11:22 AM
* Changes point to Atreyu *

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-09, 11:40 AM
*waves at Castaras*

Castaras
2007-03-09, 11:44 AM
* Waves back and grins *

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-09, 11:51 AM
stop grinning, it makes me nervous!

Castaras
2007-03-09, 11:52 AM
Maybe you should be nervous? :smalltongue:

TheChris
2007-03-09, 07:48 PM
*Points at Castaras

Alarra
2007-03-09, 08:34 PM
*points at Castaras

Castaras
2007-03-10, 03:37 AM
Great. And here I am without any alliances. What joy. :smallannoyed:

DarkCorax
2007-03-10, 08:59 AM
*DarkCorax points at Castaras*

Alarra
2007-03-10, 09:43 AM
Umm...psst....Dark Corax....the round ended last night....Castaras is already dead.

Castaras
2007-03-10, 09:46 AM
Darn! I was so close to winning!

Hit list was completed...:smallfrown:

Oh well, good luck to you llama.

DarkCorax
2007-03-10, 10:01 AM
Oops, miscalculated Time zones (badly) -_-

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-10, 10:24 AM
* Points at Indurain *

Deathcow
2007-03-11, 05:51 PM
Hmm... intriguing choice, Captain. Mind if I join you?

Points at Indurain

2007-03-11, 06:41 PM
*points at Decken*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-11, 06:57 PM
Darn! I was so close to winning!

Hit list was completed...:smallfrown:

Oh well, good luck to you llama.

Thanks, Castaras. Maybe next game we can team up.

Castaras
2007-03-12, 04:20 PM
Thanks, Castaras. Maybe next game we can team up.

Would be fun, although knowing my luck I'll have you on my hit-list next time. :smalltongue:

Alarra
2007-03-12, 04:40 PM
*points at Decken

DarkCorax
2007-03-12, 04:42 PM
*DarkCorax Points at Decken*

Raistlin1040
2007-03-12, 08:49 PM
*Points at Indurain*

Alarra
2007-03-12, 08:55 PM
Umm...Raistlin? Round ended almost an hour ago.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-12, 08:58 PM
What? Oh. Whoops.

Tormsskull
2007-03-13, 05:42 AM
First post updated. If my count is correct, we are down to 9 people.

Indurain
2007-03-13, 08:18 PM
Deathcow? You tried to take me out? That's disappointing.

Points at Deathcow.

Deathcow
2007-03-13, 08:58 PM
So it's war you want?

Points at Indurain

The rest of you, choose sides as you see fit.

Alarra
2007-03-13, 09:26 PM
Okay. *points at Deathcow

2007-03-13, 10:11 PM
Dig it.

*points at Deathcow*

Raistlin1040
2007-03-13, 10:27 PM
Cool. I'm down with the scene
*points at Indurain*

TheChris
2007-03-13, 10:34 PM
Who dares defy me!
*points at raistlin

Raistlin1040
2007-03-13, 10:37 PM
The hell???

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-13, 10:37 PM
overkilll

*points at Raistlin*

Dear Raistlin, I apologize for this, but when the Lady Moon was at her fullest and eclipsing, I swore allegiance to someone and a vow made under the eclipse of a full moon is sacred to our people, and the one I am vowed too has degreed that you shall fall.

Deathcow
2007-03-13, 10:45 PM
So, Raistlin, you sell me out and then try to take out Indurain, as well? You probably should have done it a little less obviously.

Points at Raistlin1040

Looks like we're going down together, no? No hard feelings, Indurain, you were on my hitlist is all.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-13, 10:49 PM
How did I "sell you out?". You contacted ME. You said that if I voted Indurain you wouldn't vote for me ever. So I got your PM and immediately voted Indurain. It was too late. So I voted for him now. And you're voting for me why?

Deathcow
2007-03-13, 10:51 PM
...oh dear. Apparently I misinterpreted some stuff. Explanations will be forthcoming via PM. In the meantime:

Points at Indurain again

Raistlin1040
2007-03-13, 10:52 PM
Yeah. *rolls eyes*

Deathcow
2007-03-13, 10:54 PM
...shut up. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-13, 10:55 PM
*rolls eyes again*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-13, 11:05 PM
*picks up Raistlin's eyes and hands them back to him*

Lucky
2007-03-13, 11:24 PM
Weee! Daggerness!

*Points at that Raistlinish guy

Tormsskull
2007-03-15, 10:29 PM
First post updated. And then there were 7.

Alarra
2007-03-15, 10:38 PM
8 actually. According to the first post anyway.

Tormsskull
2007-03-15, 10:49 PM
8 actually. According to the first post anyway.

-Death
-Alarra (1)
-Silkenfist
-Selrahc
-Gnome Barbarian
-Atreyu the Masked LLama (2)
-Indurain (formerly Krystal_Tiger, be sure to update your target list!) (3)
-Krursk (4)
-Lucky (5)
-DarkLightDragon
-Khantalas
-Captain van der Decken
-Castaras
-evnafets
-Deathcow
-Shadow
-DarkCorax (6)
-Zar Peter
-Meynolds
-PirateMonk
-TheChris (7)
-El Jaspero, the Pirate King (8)
-Raistlin1040
-Kyrian
-Jontom Xire

You are right. Which means I was wrong last time I said 9 too :P

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-16, 03:36 PM
*trots around, wagging happily as he checks his list*

Tormsskull
2007-03-19, 08:33 AM
First post updated. No one was eliminated yesterday (game day). If no one is eliminated for 2 more gamedays, then the game is over and the winner or winners will be declared.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-19, 08:36 AM
WOOT! *Happy Dance*

Tormsskull
2007-03-22, 10:51 AM
Ok, 2 gamedays in a row, no killings. If we arrive @ Saturday 9 PM EST with none, the winner(s) will be declared.

Tormsskull
2007-03-29, 06:19 AM
Sorry it took me so long to post the results.

Your winners, having stayed alive and eliminated all three of their opponents, are: Alarra, Atreyu the Masked LLama, Indurain, Lucky, DarkCorax, TheChris, and El Jaspero, the Pirate King.

Congratulations to all of the winners. The table is shown below.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/Tormsskull/UCDFinal.jpg

Anyone who has a suggestion for the next version, please post it here. The SMBGs are kind of saturated right now with a bunch of different WW games and such, so I think I'll give it a bit of time before UC&D II, but it will happen.

Lucky
2007-03-29, 08:34 AM
Haha! Victory!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-29, 09:00 AM
Happy Llama Dance!

Alarra
2007-03-29, 12:05 PM
*bows* That worked out very well.

DarkCorax
2007-03-29, 12:42 PM
Yay! I don't actually know how I won that...

Alarra
2007-03-29, 12:52 PM
By not being on any of our lists or having any of us on yours?