PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Pathfinder: Deadly Fist soul-knife sort-of optimization help

Malreave
2014-06-27, 01:22 PM
Thanks to the help from people with another post i made here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?358462-Flurry-warlock-3-5-D-amp-D-to-pathfinder-(aka-Natsu)) I have been attempting to make a deadly fists build that is at least semi optimized but am having a spell of brain failing as to how to go about it.

what I would like out of it is:

use of the Deadly Fists soulknife ‎Archetype
possible but not mandatory use of the Gifted Blade Archetype (for prerequisites if necessary)
use of DARK TEMPEST prestige class (page 355 of Paizo's Ultimate Psionics (PFRPG) book)
Race being Half-Giant (getting less optimal as we go now)
Wisdom to attack rolls, damage, and AC (using blade skills or multi-classing)
possible use of medium armor (to abuse the defending armor spikes)
possible multi-classing into Cryptic (currently looks like we will need a trap finder but can trade it off for Archetypes)

that's about it and before anyone point me to the Sharpening the Mind souldknife handbook it has not been update for some time unfortunately, so thank you for any help and sorry if I am not being clear about stuff in advance :P

Current ideas:

Idea 1
base classes: 6 or 7 levels of Cryptic (Brutal Disruptor archetype) and 6 or 7 levels of soulknife (Deadly Fists archetype)
prestige classes: X of DARK TEMPEST
Feats/traits: One Pattern, Fighter’s Blade, Extra Blade Skill (help mitigate the loss of class levels)

Idea 2
base classes: 5 or 6 levels of soulknife (Deadly Fists and Gifted Blade archetype) and 1 Monk
prestiege classes: X of Psychic Fist, 5 War Mind
Feats/traits: Honored Fist of the Society, Fighter’s Blade