PDA

View Full Version : Domain access outside Deity's portfolio?

SirKillalot
2014-06-27, 03:48 PM
Hi,

I've built myself a fantastic 'Champion of Corellon' character but now I have my eye on the Knowledge Devotion feat, which I can only choose if my Deity has the Knowledge domain in his Portfolio, which Corellon obviously doesn't...

Does anyone have a decent solution to this problem? Any thoughts on options to realise the prerequisite alternatively?
Thanks in advance!

SirKillalot

Kazyan
2014-06-27, 03:49 PM
This is what Cloistered Cleric is most often used for.

SirKillalot
2014-06-27, 03:54 PM
I see, but that does not address my problem...

KrimsonNekros
2014-06-27, 04:06 PM
There is Heretic of the Faith.

SirKillalot
2014-06-27, 04:10 PM
I think I need to add information on the fact that my character is NOT a cleric. The feat I want to get merely asks the Deity I worship (Corellon, since I'm a Champion of Corellon, a non-casting Paladin sort of fighter) to have access to the Knowledge domain...

KrimsonNekros
2014-06-27, 04:11 PM
If your class has a code of conduct you'll qualify for Heretic of the Faith

SirKillalot
2014-06-27, 04:22 PM
Quoting the Heretic of the Faith feat:

"If you have access to domains, you can exchange any one domain you have with another domain outside those normally availiable to your faith."

My character doesn't have access to domains, since he's not a caster at all. SO I don't see how that would be helpful for my character.

The whole point for the 'Knowledge Devotion' feat is for your DEITY to have that domain in his portfolio, not the character selecting the Knowledge Devotion feat...

So my question is NOT: How do I get access to a different Domain...
My real question is: How do I get my Deity to get access to a different domain...

Would it be possible to worship multiple Deities...? This would dissolve my entire problem...

AuraTwilight
2014-06-27, 06:02 PM
There's not really anything you can mechanically do to change the nature of your deity's portfolios. If you're dedicated to a specific deity and aren't willing to change it, there's not much you can do except asking your GM.

QuackParker
2014-06-27, 07:54 PM
My solution? Ask your GM if you can ignore that requirement. In my campaign, I only prohibit choosing domains if they are diametrically opposed to their deity of choice. Otherwise, I see no need to be so restrictive.

torrasque666
2014-06-27, 08:03 PM
There's not really anything you can mechanically do to change the nature of your deity's portfolios. If you're dedicated to a specific deity and aren't willing to change it, there's not much you can do except asking your GM.

Well you could find a way to kill the god of the Domain you want, and then try to convince your deity to take over the duties.

Cruiser1
2014-06-27, 09:59 PM
Would it be possible to worship multiple Deities...? This would dissolve my entire problem...
You can only have one patron, however just make your patron be the Elven Pantheon! :smallbiggrin: You can worship a pantheon in certain cases, such as the Sovereign Host or the Dark Six in Eberron, which gives you access to the domains of each deity in that pantheon. In the Faerunian Elven Pantheon, Corellon Larethian exists as normal, and Angharradh is a CG goddess with the Knowledge domain. If you worship the pantheon, you still worship Corellon so the "Champion of Corellon" part of your build should work, and since your worship also includes a deity with the Knowledge domain picking up "Knowledge Devotion" should work too. :smallsmile:

AuraTwilight
2014-06-27, 11:05 PM
Well you could find a way to kill the god of the Domain you want, and then try to convince your deity to take over the duties.

Yea, but when you can kill gods, do you really need to follow your own, anymore?