PDA

View Full Version : Question about special ability bonuses

Nicktacular
2014-06-27, 04:06 PM
I was reading through some special abilities and the "jumping" special ability from magic of fearun looked cool but it doesn't list what it's bonus is it just says a flat price. What does that mean?

eggynack
2014-06-27, 04:11 PM
It means that you just add that cost on to the cost of the weapon. In this fashion, adding jumping to a +1 weapon or a +5 weapon would cost the same 13,750 GP.

Flickerdart
2014-06-27, 04:11 PM
It means that the enchantment doesn't have an equivalent "plus" value. Whether your weapon is +1 or +5, it costs the same amount of money to add that ability to it.

Nicktacular
2014-06-27, 04:20 PM
But does it add to the bonus, like could I add it to a plus 10 weapon without making it epic

eggynack
2014-06-27, 04:25 PM
But does it add to the bonus, like could I add it to a plus 10 weapon without making it epic
No, it doesn't add to the bonus. That's not all that relevant though. As long as all of your modifiers are below +5, and the total market price is less than or equal to 200,000 GP, you're not using an epic weapon, and if you do exceed those limits, then you are. Thus, as a +10 weapon costs 200,000 GP, this would put it over the limit for epic weapons, so this would be an epic weapon. This has nothing to do with the +x part of weapon special abilities, however.

Nicktacular
2014-06-27, 04:31 PM
Ok so it has no bonus on it, just the flat price to make the weapon "jumping". So it wouldn't effect the price of putting another special ability on a weapon. But if I were about to put it on a +10 weapon would the price of adding jumping be the same? Or would it be times ten like if I were to put another special ability that does have a bonus on a +10 weapon

eggynack
2014-06-27, 04:35 PM
Ok so it has no bonus on it, just the flat price to make the weapon "jumping". So it wouldn't effect the price of putting another special ability on a weapon. But if I were about to put it on a +10 weapon would the price of adding jumping be the same? Or would it be times ten like if I were to put another special ability that does have a bonus on a +10 weapon
It would be multiplied by 10, as it breaks the limit for non-epic magic weapons.