PDA

View Full Version : Iron Kingdoms Manuals

LentilNinja
2014-06-27, 07:00 PM
Theres been talk in my group about Iron Kingdoms, and we're looking to try it out. What manuals does the system have, and what are they used for? Manual wise, we're pretty clueless.

Jacob.Tyr
2014-06-27, 08:57 PM
Theres been talk in my group about Iron Kingdoms, and we're looking to try it out. What manuals does the system have, and what are they used for? Manual wise, we're pretty clueless.

I've been playing with just core thus far, and having a blast. I think everything else is mostly optional/splat.

Altair_the_Vexed
2014-06-28, 12:55 PM
If you're looking to try it out, there's an introductory adventure and quick start rules here to download for free. (http://privateerpress.com/iron-kingdoms/downloads)

I've played through it, and it's a fun system and a decent enough adventure - it'll help if you've got a GM who's played Warmachine / Hordes, as the rules are an expansion of that skirmish game.

From the same page, you can navigate to find the core rules and bestiary books to buy - see the side bar.

On the other hand - there's a fairly clunky, poorly balanced d20 / D&D hack of Iron Kingdoms out there, that really doesn't work very well - and I'm saying that though I love the d20 core rules.
Its main adventure path book - the Witchfire Trilogy - is a nice story, but a total railroad as an adventure (the PCs get to stand around in key scenes while the important NPCs act out the plot - stray from the rails, and the whole thing falls apart).

Avoid.

Airk
2014-06-29, 11:51 AM
Don't give these people your money; The system is a joke.