PDA

View Full Version : If Miko leaves

Awesome Girl
2007-02-25, 07:02 PM
I was wondering, what would happen to everyone if Miko just left the story? If Rich just put her in an insane asylum and that was the end. What would happen to the Miko fanclub and the I hate Miko fanclub?

TheOtherMC
2007-02-25, 07:03 PM
A thousand voices would cry out in terror.....then be suddenly silenced

Axl_Rose
2007-02-25, 07:27 PM
I was hoping there'd be an option for, "somewhat dissapointed"

oh well =/

doublewju
2007-02-25, 07:35 PM
Oh my god! i would totally want that to happen! cant stand that woman!

Lizard Lord
2007-02-25, 08:40 PM
I would be dissapointed, not because I like Miko, but simply because she has become to important of a character to be removed from the story just like that.

Legendary
2007-02-25, 09:31 PM
I'd be disappointed.

Where's her redemption? This might not be, "Adventures with Miko" but she needs to realize what she's done. She needs to at least realize she needs atonement, although the atonement itself need not happen. Preferably it won't happen. Because she needs to be killed, in cold blood, preferably by Xykon.

Korias
2007-02-25, 09:35 PM
I voted Obligatory Thog. Why? Because Miko can be a pain in the arse, but shes worth while, so I cant really decide.

Querzis
2007-02-25, 10:16 PM
Well I should be disapointed because an important character is not suppose to leave the story just like that...but I hate her so much that I'm ready to make an exception just for her. It would be better if Belkar or someone else kill her though.

Harr
2007-02-25, 10:32 PM
I would be very disappointed at all the missed opportunities for cashing in on fallen-paladin jokes, plot twists, and just having a fallen paladin as a character is cool in and of itself, not to mention the possible Blackguard development.

Then again, I have zero doubt that the Giant will know better than to forego such opportunities.

Demented
2007-02-25, 10:37 PM
It's pretty much what happened to Hilgya.
Anything goes, with the proper setup.

Oh... thog cool1

The Extinguisher
2007-02-25, 10:44 PM
Hilgya will be back. The strips not even close to being done.

Anyway, Miko's gonna be an antagonist 'till the end.

Swashbuckler
2007-02-25, 11:02 PM
I'd be happy if she "left" because Belkar finally made one of his wishes come true. But hey ... that's just me. :biggrin:

ufo
2007-02-26, 08:27 AM
Well, while I voted "Don't really mind", I think we would loose an important character.

But I would certainly not like it to happen, because billions and billions of kittens would be punched when the following stream of Miko threads arrived.

If you did not understand the above: A kitten is punched evertime a Miko thread is made. Awesome Girl, you are responsible for a little kitten's pain.. shame on you..

(Just kidding, not trying to make you feel sad :smallbiggrin: )

Snake-Aes
2007-02-26, 09:15 AM
She's too worthy to be just wasted like that. She's not the drunk baker-wizard.

Dectilon
2007-02-26, 01:01 PM
It's too interesting a character to just throw away. It's not like I would cry blood, but I wanna see what the future has in store the sexy sociopath : )

Shattersnap
2007-02-26, 01:32 PM
I would be somewhat disapointed, but I voted "wouldn't care" because I refuse to be extreme :smallconfused:. Still, I'm interested to see what happens with her.

Like Jolee Bindo, some might say I am extemely neutral.

ssjKammak
2007-02-26, 02:07 PM
Honetsly I think it would do an injustice to a character that has had such a significant influence on most readers. She has her followers and those who want her to be hung out to dry and stuck with pointy things day and night. Because of this it would be a sad day for her to subtley be removed form the story instead of going out with a climatic bang.

Cheers
A friendly aussie

Green Bean
2007-02-26, 02:16 PM
If Miko left, I would be sad. I would have been hoping that she atones and learns to discover both sides of a story, so that when she acts holier than thou, it'll be because she really is.

Rai Thunder
2007-02-26, 05:02 PM
I don't want Miko to leave. If she was thrown in an asylum, I could see Belkar breaking her out, just for the opportunity to fight/kill her later.

It would clearly happen. The Giant couldn't get rid of Miko if he tried.

Silverlocke980
2007-02-26, 07:34 PM
Huh.

That's a hard call, because my first reaction is "Man, that would be awesome," not because I hate Miko or her story arcs but because that would be such an unexpected and perfect way to end her storyline.

Then I get to thinking that there's no option on the poll above that makes it sound like I'm *not* a rabid Miko-hater if I vote that way- "overjoyed" is the closest to it- so I vote "don't care" to maintain my neutrality.

I trust the Giant. No matter what story he takes, it will be good!

(...Guess that means I should have picked "overjoyed", huh? Blackguard, insane asylum, redemption... Miko's story will be good, everybody!)

DrowWolfrider
2007-02-27, 11:57 PM
Hey Awsome Girl! has Pirate Monk sent you a PM about the Church of the Triumvirate? The forum/webpage dedicated to Him and the other gods? Check my sig to see it.
As for the poll I have mixed feelings but since I think Thog is funny, not cool, I just said I dont care.
EDIT: call me strange but Snake Aes, yours and The Tick Rules's sigs were the first ones I ever laughed at.

DrowWolfrider
2007-02-28, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=DrowWolfrider;2110394]Hey Awsome Girl! has Pirate Monk sent you a PM about the Church of the Triumvirate? The forum/webpage dedicated to Him and the other gods? Check my sig to see it.
As for the poll I have mixed feelings but since I think Thog is funny, not cool, I just said I dont care.
EDIT: call me strange but Snake-Aes, yours and The Tick Rules's sigs were the first ones I ever laughed at.
EDIT: Dang accidental double post

Dariendel
2007-02-28, 01:40 AM
I don't want her to leave, I want her punished.

Bilgore
2007-02-28, 01:59 AM
I'd be happy if she "left" because Belkar finally made one of his wishes come true. But hey ... that's just me. :biggrin:

I can see it now.
She gets treasure type O from Belkar. Hey, we've all heard the stories about being in prison...

Mordaedil
2007-02-28, 03:33 AM
Disappointment. She's a central character with a story-line too. I want to see it to the end, as with the Order of the Stick. Despite evil or good.

Behold_the_Void
2007-02-28, 03:44 AM
As I trust the Giant to do what's best for the story, I'm indifferent either way since I know he'll make it good, however he decides to go with it.

Iranon
2007-02-28, 05:59 AM
I'd be disappointed. While eventually there might be a time where Rich might want to write her out (i.e. things would get repetitive without devoting too much 'screen time' to her), I think she is still good for many more strips.

If she does leave, I hope it will be in a way worthy of her. Perhaps as a darker and wiser champion of Good than she used to be, possibly having rejected paladinhood while retaining most of her ethos (shame that carries some stiff penalties from a character-building point of view).
Miko is extremely headstrong and unlikely to change quickly or easily, so I believe descending to the level of a true villain is unlikely. For much the same reason, a full redemption would be disappointing if the traits that led to her fall are still unchecked.

A premature death just when she sorts her life out might be an option... but I'd be sad to see her go.

Baalzebub
2007-02-28, 01:57 PM
Thogg likes poopies

TheOtherMC
2007-02-28, 09:12 PM
Thogg likes poopies

Wow....I'm just gonna leave that one alone....

Demented
2007-02-28, 11:16 PM
thog better! If he has another "accident" in a hotel room, I swear...