PDA

View Full Version : Most evil character you ever made

Kimras
2014-06-27, 08:37 PM
Mine was a homebrew race of earth and plant that was an artificer that focused on making torture devices using drugs and poisons to use while fighting and making alchemical items. I would sell the drugs to people I tortured after I let l them go since they were now addicted and I would start selling my wares in every city we went. My favorite thing was the torture device I built that would work on a physical and psychological level.

Jaklefire
2014-06-27, 08:45 PM
I played a favored soul chosen by an evil god once. He started out as a good guy, just looking to adventure but over the course of a few sessions he gradually got corrupted more and more. He blew up a city to avoid talking to his father and it really went down from there. He and his party killed the general who was the last hope of a nation in a losing war, not because he intended to, but because his god subtly manipulated him (his intelligence was 6, his wisdom 11) By the end of the campaign we were pushing level 6 and I had become a force of destruction for Talos (He's in complete divine) and I killed a lot of people. At the end of the campaign Talos abandoned me, because he didn't need my talents anymore to further his goal and I went insane without his presence and lived in the bottom of a boat for a couple years but that's not so evil so much as crazy. Pretty good DM that campaign.

Jay R
2014-06-27, 09:07 PM
The most evil character I ever played was not really what I made. I made a Paladin, with every intention of treating every moral issue as a complete black-or-white situation.

I was playing a first level paladin in original D&D with only the first supplement Greyhawk. The party ranged from 1st to 5th level, was entirely Lawful (which meant Good).

My paladin couldn't afford a sword, and was wielding a mace.

After several encounters, a couple levels down in the dungeon, we were all down to 3 or fewer hit points. (Remember, in this game, 0 hit points is dead.) My paladin had a single hit point left.

The treasure we had just found included a sword, which the paladin asked for. He received the right to pick it up. Unfortunately, it was a high-ego chaotic sword, and the first thing that should happen when my paladin touched it is that he should have received 2d6 points of damage, which would have killed the character. The DM made a few rolls behind the screen, and then wrote and handed me a note.

"This Chaotic sword has changed your alignment. You are now chaotic, and holding a chaotic Flaming Sword." Note that Chaotic meant Evil at that time. Note also that I specifically intended him to treat all moral issues as completely black or white.

I thought for a moment, and asked to speak to the DM privately. When we got into the other room, I told him, "I don't have any questions for you. I just want them to believe you gave me more information than the note had." I told him my plan, we waited a couple more minutes, and then we walked back in.

My (ex-)paladin told the group, "This is a Holy Sword with a quest I have to take on alone. I need you to go back the way you came. It's important that you do as I ask. Go back single file, and no matter what you hear, DON'T LOOK BACK."

Of course the five characters trusted my paladin, and did as he asked. My chaotic ex-paladin came up and stabbed each one in the back. Several times the DM said, "You hear a stab behind you, and a body slumping." "We don't look back." After five times, he told them that they were all dead.

So in my first game of D&D, my paladin murdered an entire lawful party.

Not long afterwards, a party of adventurers was turned to stone by a bunch of cockatrices. My "paladin" heard about them, and went out to rescue them. (My character at the time was an ex-Paladin who was turned Evil, but no other players knew it yet.)

This party had many items, including a useless Bag of Duplication. If you put something in the bag, you would get a useless duplicate: swords that didn't hold an edge, magic items that looked identical but weren't magic, food that tasted bad and didn't satisfy, etc.

Some time later, they woke up back in town, having been rescued by a paladin, who (of course) refused any kind of reward. But for some reason, none of their magic items worked. I understand they spent a fair amount of time trying to find out how being turned to stone would neutralize their magic items, and looking for a way to reverse the result.

Meanwhile, my ex-paladin had several new magic items. They never came looking for him, because they never realized that their real magic items had been stolen.

Vorandril
2014-06-27, 09:24 PM
Once played a Sorcerer who thought he was an evil god trapped in a mortal's body. Figured the only way to ascend again was to make people get to the worshipping.

So I started murdering town after town until a platoon of paladins was sent after me. They put up a good fight, but a 10 paladin kill-squad doesn't quite stop the guy that just befriended an entire orc clan under the premise that once he ascends again he would owe "The Children of Gruumsh" a favor.
(And when they demanded the puny "human" prove his boasts, he challenged their second greatest champion to a duel. One Clutch of Orcus later and they believed him.
The greatest warrior demanded to know why he was not challenged and got the answer, "I have no intention of slaying one of Gruumsh's mightiest."

Once the paladins were out of the way the capitol got sacked Rome-style on the only condition that the children be spared and brought to my character, and there be one woman for every 10 kids so they could be raised to properly worship "The Void that Time Forgot."

Unify 2 more orc clans within a year, and it was pretty much "GG no rematch" from there.

It worked as a campaign at least because when everyone shared their character concepts at generation, everyone liked the idea of my sociopath enough that they opted to support it as the main plot.

... We never DID save that princess from a Black Wyrm... Oops.

iceman10058
2014-06-27, 10:52 PM
A friend of mine once played a thayan knight and i played a red wizard necromancer. instead of creating undead, i grafted undead parts to him, changing him in the process slowly to the point he was more undead than alive, but technically still living. so i would go into a town, have him rape, murder, and eat the townspeople there while killing some myself untill the local cleric came, saw what they thought was an undead monstrosity, and tried all of their undead killing and harming spells, that did nothing to him and he would easily kill said cleric.

Kid Jake
2014-06-27, 11:51 PM
The evilest character I ever played was in a modern supernatural horror style game. He was just a normal guy in a world of sorcerers, vampires, werewolves and demons but was really the closest thing to a monster that we ever introduced. In his view anything that had been touched by the supernatural was an immediate threat to everything he held dear so he always cranked his response up to 11 to deal with it.

Since he was just a mere mortal walking around in a world of immortal monsters he relied on cunning and underhanded tactics to make his mark, so when the team found out about a gang of lycanthropes terrorizing a major city he responded by doing his homework. He set up a plan to kidnap the (mortal) daughter of the gang-leader to give them a bargaining chip and even gave her some candy to calm her down; she didn't like the first piece he gave her so he told her to spit it out into the wrapper and gave her another, the rest of the team assumed that they'd finally found his soft spot: kids.

The team stashed her with an NPC and go to meet the pack leader, hoping for a peaceful resolution. Once they sit down alone with the packleader to negotiate a treaty of sorts they assure the him that they mean his daughter no harm; they just needed something to get his attention. That's when my guy stands up and bluntly says that his kid has about four hours left to live and that if he wants to save her he'll do as he's told.

The pack leader overturned the table and grabbed my guy by the throat when I reached into my coat pocket, but looked confused when he saw the used candy wrapper I was holding. He sniffs the wrapper and goes pale, he can plainly smell his daughter and the smell of dead blood. Everybody just sort of glared at me while my character explained that he'd made sure he was the only one with the foresight to bring along the ghoul vaccine (he'd destroyed the vials in the first aid kit the first chance he got to make sure bleeding hearts wouldn't prevail) and that it would give him no end of pleasure to watch the pack leader's daughter gnaw her own limbs off in a hopeless bid to sate her infinite hunger.

My character pointed out that in a little over three hours the girl wouldn't even remember she had a father and that the vaccine was stashed before the meeting; so without his direct intervention there's no hope of it reaching the girl in time. It only takes a few minutes for the broken pack leader to call his men directly into an ambush and the gang was wiped out to the last man.

My character then calmly told the pack leader to put a silver bullet into his own chest then he'd make the call and tell her babysitter where the cure is stashed. The rest of the party excuse themselves because they're sort of depressed at this point and the werewolf tearfully does as he's told to save his daughter. As the pack leader is laying there bleeding among the corpses of the men he'd help slaughter my character makes the call to the NPC and says loud enough for the dying lycanthrope to hear "We're done here. It turns out that the girl is also a carrier, have her muzzled and sedated for transport. We'll be back in a few hours."

Chaosvii7
2014-06-28, 01:14 AM
The most evil character I made was a Curst Tinker Gnome Soul Reaver. The DM gave all the PCs a non-epic template of their choice - Immunity to turning and the regeneration of the Curst appealed to me greatly. The Soul Reaver was a variant Necromancer, exactly like the Death Master from Dragon Compendium, except it was focused solely on the debuffing aspect of Necromancy. I casually used Summon Undead and mostly toted around small and simple undead animals, but I fought with the most hard-hitting debuffs I could muster up from the Sorc/Wizard spell list. The original concept of the character was that I was supposed to kill people and trap their souls in gems, turn around and sell them back to the people that the victim worked for, offer to give him loads of improvements and tweaks for a modest fee, and then use the Corpsecrafter tree to make a surprisingly frightening but unintelligent undead and rake in loads of cash. Suffice it to say that after the first time I successfully did that nobody ever bought from me again, but the character continued to adventure with the party.

I was definitely the problem child for the group, and probably could have been considered an antagonist in my own right. I joined the party as they were planting Trees of Life in a forest once owned by Druids that had turned corrupt. We heartily succeeded, and everyone in the party who actually carried a seed of a Tree got a Ring of Three Wishes. The entire party had a...well, a party, and there was a lot of "celebrating" to go around. My character actually got to join in the festivities thanks to the naivete of the initiates in the druid's circle. The rest of that story wrote itself and then came into the world after nine months of waiting.

The night after, the person we'd elected to be the de facto leader was unsure of what to wish for with his three wishes, so he thought he'd ask the most intelligent person in the group(I had luckily retained my intelligence from life, but I did still suffer from bouts of confusion and did spend a good amount of combats babbling incoherently or getting easily distracted.)

Without little question, I convinced him to use one of his wishes to summon a Spelljammer worth almost a million gold with no crew, then forced him to waste his other two wishes; First to man the ship with people, and then to make it so that they could find somebody who would indefinitely pay for the entire crew. The caveat with the only benefactor we were able to find was that we were tasked with patrolling their territory, until we came into contact with a large floating continent.

We landed on the continent and discovered that it was being ruled by a sky pirate, who we proceeded to scare away thanks to the other two players who had wish rings turning the tides of battle. We basically took over the continent and became the ruling government of a giant floating rock in the sky. At least now we didn't need to worry about generating an income for the Spelljammer crew!

We would have many many many adventures on this big rock, and everyone would have some pretty hilarious encounters. But the ultimate act I committed, and probably the stupidest, was that I successfully carpet-bombed the market of my friend's settlement on the floating Island.

Somebody had parked a mage's tower above our floating continent and "dropped anchor"; The tower became a facet of the island and traveled with us, but it was unsolicited so we decided to go try to ID somebody. My character had decided that he needed sufficient rewarding for his efforts(basically doing nothing to date), and I asked to be the captain of the guard. After I was laughed out of that position and this opportunity emerged, I was the only person who'd elected to fly up to the tower and do the deed. This was the only time I created undead with a purpose; All of CR 1/4 animals. I took a huge wave of undead pets with me to the tower, and had loaded them up with all of the most insidious special abilities I could. I took to the skies with my army and we flew to the tower, but as soon as we got too close, we discovered that the tower was not only inhabited, but that the inhabitant was targeting me with antimagic. I fell, but I could survive the fall thanks to being a hearty undead. All of my animals however were easy pickings after flying up to the castle. I accidentally gave them all Destruction Retribution. They landed on the market.

And that's how a mentally unstable gnome necromancer managed to slaughter a bunch of low-level commoners with household pets on a floating island that the party wouldn't have ever gotten involved with if not for his meddling. Not the most evil thing, but definitely the biggest laughs.

missmvicious
2014-06-28, 01:23 AM
So once I was playing a goblin queen who was out with an army looking for conquest, teaming up with some other monsters to do it. Very early in we raided a small farming community and killed the men. The women were taken as slaves.The group split up the slaves and one of the ones I got was a little girl who's brother I'd killed. I gave her to my troops to"entertain"them and "boost moral". IRL I think that sort of thing is inexcusably horrid and that we should take stronger actions against the war criminals that do that. So it's always bothered me a whole lot, but it was an all evil campaign.

Azraile
2014-06-28, 01:27 AM
An angel looking to find god.

Seriously.

Second most?

A calm and collected Malkavian businessman.

Tedective
2014-06-28, 01:33 AM
I was allowed to make an epic evil character for an evil party (20th level to start with).

Following all the rules by the letter, I've come up with the nastiest, grossest, most inhumane spellcaster yet.

He is a generalist Wizard, Archmage, Pale Master, Tainted Sorcerer, Binder.

At this time, he has a caster level of 70, takes temporary con damage (regenerates 1/round) for free metamagics, bleeds out victims or himself for free material components, and damages his undead cohort (a child skeletal warlock) for free spells. Don't worry though, the cohort shoots himself with utterdark blasts when low on HP.

The cohort is a battery, the wizard is a conduit.

The most hilarious part is that he has no templates. By the loosest stretch of the word, he is /human/.

He is 9 years old, insane, and has a spell DC of 89 (9th).

The other build I made was a Dread Necromancer that gets well over 1000 HD of corpsecrafted, templated undead.

For that build, I designed a zombie that has a challenge rating of 13 at 2 hit dice.

Wacky89
2014-06-28, 02:46 AM
Dread Necromancer played in a 2man game.
The way we played it was that we were the encounter for multiple good parties.

He has tortured alot of people but he has no memory of it.
He had his flesh ripped off to become a Bone Creature
Currently he is buying slaves from a slavehandler from Thay to sacrifice for own benefits.
I have a lair where I keep all my minions, here I keep the slaves. I even started my own necromancer guild.
Me and my teammate started out "joining" fellow hero groups, only to infiltrate and murder them when they least expected it.

Azraile
2014-06-28, 03:02 AM
Dread Necromancer played in a 2man game.
The way we played it was that we were the encounter for multiple good parties.

He has tortured alot of people but he has no memory of it.
He had his flesh ripped off to become a Bone Creature
Currently he is buying slaves from a slavehandler from Thay to sacrifice for own benefits.
I have a lair where I keep all my minions, here I keep the slaves. I even started my own necromancer guild.
Me and my teammate started out "joining" fellow hero groups, only to infiltrate and murder them when they least expected it.

Sounds fun

Lucid
2014-06-28, 08:47 AM
A factotum//warblade gestalt. A true jack of all trades, smart and charismatic.

We were all playing followers of Zarus (human supremacy god), sadly the game only lasted a session.
He was a spoiled rich kid, but could also be a genuinely nice guy. Even while he was torturing you.
Since he grew up with the belief that non-humans were inferior beings he saw them more as objects or animals. When another pc almost killed a dwarven slave on the grounds that he was nonhuman, he got pretty pissed for disrespecting his property.

Odessa333
2014-06-28, 09:09 AM
I ah, have an evil character to nominate...

The DM of this campaign was known for always forcing good aligned parties. After much pressure, he allowed us to pick anything we wanted, and everyone rolled evil characters to screw with him lol. Mine was a human wizard, whose back story had her being the apprentice to a great wizard. She stole some of his things, notably a book of ancient rituals of such evil the DM thought I'd never pull any of them off. I was determined to prove him wrong.

So she runs into our party in a small village, and proceeds to take over. First she suckers the party into accepting her as leader, and begins using the party to set up shop in the city. Her first goal is becoming mayor of the village, but she needs to be a land owner for that. So she simply kidnaps the daughter of the owner of the biggest inn in town, and releases her in exchange for him selling her the inn for pennies. Then she uses her magic to remove his memories of the encounter, leaving him confused as to why he sold his inn.

From there, she ran for office, and her competition ran into many 'accidents' with the party, from strait out killing them to framing them for crimes. She's made mayor. Now in power, she uses her book to ritually sacrifices 90% of her citizens in an evil ritual (I forget the exact wording, but the spell called for sacrifices of those who depended on you or something, hence my people) to get crazy evil powers. Some of the nastiest included making my spells nearly impossible to resist, and extending the duration of my spells. I then proceeded to 'charm kind' my way through life. I took over a bigger city, raised an army, started taking out more cities... it was great. Throw in a few more ritual sacrifices of small towns (bandits much have done this! Terrible...) and my power was crazy.

Anytime some 'good' adventurer attacked, I charmed them and sent them to the front of my army. A brilliant tactician who could give my army problems? Charmed them, and now they're MY tactician. A dragon attack? I always wanted my own pet dragon. I kept the trick of my powers secret, so few could defend against it, and those who did had to face the rest of the party and my charmed guards. I had managed to take over half the continent and the King who ruled the other half surrendered (also charmed!).

That point, the DM gave up, saying there was nothing left to challenge me. He ended the game, made our characters NPC's and we rolled up good characters trying to over throw my last character's evil empire.

They failed.

Graypairofsocks
2014-06-28, 09:35 AM
Once played a Sorcerer who thought he was an evil god trapped in a mortal's body. Figured the only way to ascend again was to make people get to the worshipping.

So I started murdering town after town until a platoon of paladins was sent after me. They put up a good fight, but a 10 paladin kill-squad doesn't quite stop the guy that just befriended an entire orc clan under the premise that once he ascends again he would owe "The Children of Gruumsh" a favor.
(And when they demanded the puny "human" prove his boasts, he challenged their second greatest champion to a duel. One Clutch of Orcus later and they believed him.
The greatest warrior demanded to know why he was not challenged and got the answer, "I have no intention of slaying one of Gruumsh's mightiest."

Once the paladins were out of the way the capitol got sacked Rome-style on the only condition that the children be spared and brought to my character, and there be one woman for every 10 kids so they could be raised to properly worship "The Void that Time Forgot."

Unify 2 more orc clans within a year, and it was pretty much "GG no rematch" from there.

It worked as a campaign at least because when everyone shared their character concepts at generation, everyone liked the idea of my sociopath enough that they opted to support it as the main plot.

... We never DID save that princess from a Black Wyrm... Oops.

Did you manage to make him a god?

Also cool name for a god.

jackbrownii
2014-06-28, 12:56 PM
"We're done here. It turns out that the girl is also a carrier, have her muzzled and sedated for transport. We'll be back in a few hours."

Calm ruthlessness should not be underestimated. Bravo.

FreakyCheeseMan
2014-06-28, 02:43 PM
Insane jester-themed beguiler. Very morbid, very clearly insane; dressed in old, ragged, rotted and gore-stained black & white jeter's uniform. He would never kill good people, though, if he could help it; his goal was always to corrupt them and turn them evil. Got really excited when he met paragons of good (LOVED paladins), because he felt he could do the most "good" with them.

That was like, my first character, and it was in an all-good party. Not a good choice. :P

Pinkie Pyro
2014-06-28, 02:53 PM
lich, cheesed him to get at will quickened fell drain fell animate (insert every other metamagic here) apocalypse from the sky, and at will greater teleport...

sideswipe
2014-06-28, 08:16 PM
i don't really think i can explain the most evil and depraved character i have ever played. it was also in a hyper realistic setting in a different game.
i think if i described some of my actions in actual words i might get banned.

Azraile
2014-06-28, 08:56 PM
To expand on my post... the angel is a fallen one the believes humanity will never find harmony... only unity can reawakening god from the sparks of the divine in every human. With no hope of unity in her mind the only hope she sees is to collapse all reality in apron itself (ala. Big crunch) and destroy the universe. ... for when nothing exists there will once again be a unity in the void and god will awaken restarting creation. She is externally zealous in what she sees is the grater good.

The other char just has APD and thus has no emotional attachment to anything and thus only has emotions when they relate to him and no one else. Someone could shot his wife (if he had one) and about all he would feel is angry that someone thinks they can get away with destroying his property. Just the principle of it... not that he actually cared, just a how dare they!!

Yael
2014-06-29, 05:52 AM
I guess that releasing the Kraken on that orphan's house wasn't probably Palor's word.

Seto
2014-06-29, 06:07 AM
Mine was a NE Poisondusk Lizardfolk Ranger. His name was Turalisj Achthend, which in Draconic basically means "Big-Food". And indeed he was a voracious little bastard. Centered about eating. The ultimate predatory, the shadow of the wild. He had lived alone in the forest, driven away by his clan, preying on all kind of things, and the occasional Lizardfolk (he was a cannibal). His favourite meals were Elves. There was an underlying sexual instinct here : he had never mated with anyone, was wild, and had a superiority/inferiority complex towards graceful and good beings. (Most notably he'd been humiliated by a Nymph once). This love/hate relationship meant that he desperately wanted to prove that the forest needed him just as much as it needed them, that he was as much a child of nature as they were. But he also hated them for being graceful and kind, what he was not, and had sublimated his sexual drive into the only thing he knew : consumption. He felt a unique kind of pleasure while sinking his teeth into them, getting them inside their body.

When he met the party, he left with them into uncivilized lands, but still more civilized than his forest hole. He had absolutely no sense of right and wrong, just hunger. He wasn't cruel most of the time, but on the contrary adopted a peaceful and naive outlook on things he didn't know. He never did understand how money worked. He really felt uncomfortable inside the city and wanted to get back to the wild. He ended up getting killed by Paladins, but I had a lot of fun with this character and his hidden depths (I only explained him fully to the other players once he was dead)

Vorandril
2014-06-29, 11:25 PM
Did you manage to make him a god?

Also cool name for a god.

Unfortunately, no. It was a Convention game so I only had three days. I have the DM on facebook so I suppose I can ask if we should consider it to be canon for if he ever wants to use him as a Deity. LOL

Deophaun
2014-06-30, 03:14 AM
Most evil character was a gestalt neutral evil Ogre Mage / Dread Necromancer. It was an evil campaign, so we did evil things. We were ordered to raid a town, we raided a town. After the army gets its act together and starts to get the population to safety, my character grabs a woman off the street and caries her outside the town's walls. There, while the guards watch, she is crucified and tortured while my character asks her about the family she has in that town. Husband? Yes. Child? A son. What does he do? He's a guardsman. You must be very proud, but why is he not here? Does he have a name? Eric. Eric! Your mother is suffering! Why do you not come? Maybe you have friends...

We had obtained a means of some basic shape-shifting so my character could appear human, which opened up some possibilities. So, whenever we needed a zombie horde after visiting a city, my character would go to the slums and offer good pay for anyone willing to be a porter for the journey. Of course, the terms of service were considerably longer than they expected, and no one ever got paid.

He managed to actually Magic Jar himself into a gold dragon that had taken it upon himself to be a protector of the humans it was my character's mission to kill off, and took the opportunity to use that form to slay the gold dragon's daughter. He then returned back to his body while her (now undead) corpse was still in the dragon's mouth.

He purchased a child from a peasant family for a couple gold--no threat of force or tricks--and reminded him constantly that his parents had willingly sold him to a monster. The upside is he eventually got a slaymate out of the deal.

He developed an unhealthy relationship with a recurring paladin's mount.

There was a recurring warblade/bard described as a dashing figure that lost various pieces of himself after every encounter. During the course of our run-ins he was no longer dashing, lost the use of his shield arm, couldn't speak, and then was rendered blind.

It is a rather strange pattern that, when it comes to Big Bad End Guys, my evil characters are more likely to spare them than my good characters, even if it is for the purposes of future suffering or leaving behind broken wrecks as warnings to others.

Droningbass
2014-06-30, 07:17 PM
I once played in a "monolithic evil" campaign, where our entire party made an effort to cross the line of "just a bit too far" in our evil deeds. We were loyal to each other, but our general opinion of everything else was a simple and malicious 'let in burn.'

While the laundry list of the party's misdeeds could go on for pages, I'll just include a highlight or two. My character was a brooding elven wizard who was in charge of coming up with methods to prevent our party from being caught by the authorities (we essentially presented ourselves as "good/neutral" whenever we were in a town, and careful to cover our tracks), including lining up our alibis and making sure that we had all of our properly forged documents. In addition to this strategic duty, this scrawny elf was also obsessed with the human sacrifice (as detailed in the Book of Vile Darkness).

The party's favorite pastime became sacrificing any random encounter we came across in hopes of summoning a demon/devil (which is a very exciting potential outcome mentioned in BoVD) to do our bidding for a few hours. Our party began to find that using these summoned outsiders to assault the local orphanages and harass the local temples was almost too hilariously evil an option to pass up. Needless to say, after a few weeks, there was a distinct shortage of orphans/street urchins and surplus of paranoid paladins. Nothing like a fiend that can both teleport without error and use invisibility at will running amok in your city to set the local forces of good on edge!

TandemChelipeds
2014-06-30, 07:28 PM
I've never actually played an evil character. The evilest I've done would have to be a tie between my war-mongering inquisitor of Gorum in a Pathfinder game, who planned to manipulate the setting's wars into dragging on forever, and the mad scientist I played in a game of BESM, who wanted to cut a deal with one of the GM's homebrewed gods of evil to learn the secrets of necromancy. Neither game went on for very long, though, so I didn't get a chance to realize my dreams. That, and neither one was actually malicious; the inquisitor merely saw spiritual significance in conflict, and the mad scientist was just very cold and ruthless in the pursuit of SCIENCE! Both were Chaotic Neutral.