PDA

View Full Version : Need help making a bear PC

Clouds
2014-06-28, 03:01 AM
hey everyone im running a few adventures with some friends and we recently went into a dungeon and cleared it out finding a fountain that turns people into what they want (yeah its really stupid i know but we all want to be bears hahaha, just imagine a whole bunch of brown bears walking upright with heavy armour on and speaking human it would be so sick) so yeah i have nooo clue where to start with the HD, natural armour and special abilitys etc. so would someone please help me figure this out its be very much appreciated c:

Matt

Sir Chuckles
2014-06-28, 03:47 AM
Since you're being turned into bears, I would simply give you the Animal-turned-Magical Beast* HD, change your race to Bear, give you the special attacks, natural attacks, natural armor, etc. from being a bear.

The hard part is the stats. If you're turning into a Bear, I'd change your Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution to that of the bear, but that might mess with a player's stats. The DM could rule "Bears your yours, whichever is higher/lower" or a straight change.

*You'd be a Magical Beast due to your Intelligence score.

I've played a Bear Ranger/Bear Lord/Fist of the Forest/Beast Master, with Leadership and Wild Cohort. Karate Bear Platoon. It was quite fun, if a bit "hide behind the Bards".

Azraile
2014-06-28, 03:51 AM
Follow pollymorph rules

Beardbarian
2014-06-28, 03:54 AM
Max out Disguise and pretend to be a human

ShurikVch
2014-06-28, 03:55 AM
Rule it like lycanthrope stuck in animal form, except can speak, without DR and so on...

Azraile
2014-06-28, 04:15 AM
Limit there HD's to d8's or lower.... make there stats Str 27, Dex 13, Con 19
Give them Improved grab. Low-light vision, scent
Attack: Claw melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: 2 claws melee (1d8+4) and bite melee (2d6)
Add there attack dice and damage to the above attacks and those are there new ones.... the bite has -6 attack bonus from the claws and -4 damage bonus.

Base Attack/Grapple: +class based /+class bassed +12
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: -1 for size and +5 natural

Thats the changes I would make

and they wouldn't be able to talk/cast spells that require speaking or making hand movements unless they have the wild shape casting merit the druids have.