PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Dark Avenger (please PEACH, WIP)

Southern Cross
2014-06-28, 05:31 AM
Dark Avenger
"I am NOT a DISGRACE! I AM VENGEANCE! I AM THE NIGHT! I AM BATMAN!”

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Dark Avengers have the following game statistics.

Alignment: Any nonlawful.
Hit Die: d10.

Class Skills
The Dark Avenger's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex; Armor Check Penalty), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str; Armor Check Penalty), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int; Trained Only), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex; Armor Check Penalty), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex; Armor Check Penalty), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (All skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex; Armor Check Penalty), Open Lock (Dex; Trained Only), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight Of Hand (Dex; Trained Only; Armor Check Penalty), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) × 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier.

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special
Vengeance

1st

+1

+2

+0

+2
Combat Theme, I am Vengeance, Secret Identity

2nd

+2

+3

+0

+3
I am The Night

3rd

+3

+3

+1

+3

4th

+4

+4

+1

+4
Personal Mount/Vehicle

5th

+5

+4

+1

+4

6th

+6/+1

+5

+2

+5

7th

+7/+2

+5

+2

+5

8th

+8/+3

+6

+2

+6

9th

+9/+4

+6

+3

+6

10th

+10/+5

+7

+3

+7

11th

+11/+6/+1

+7

+3

+7

12th

+12/+7/+2

+8

+4

+8

13th

+13/+8/+3

+8

+4

+8

14th

+14/+9/+4

+9

+4

+9

15th

+15/+10/+5

+9

+5

+9

16th
+16/+11/+6/+1

+10

+5

+10

17th
+17/+12/+7/+2

+10

+5

+10

18th
+18/+13/+8/+3

+11

+6

+11

19th
+19/+14/+9/+4

+11

+6

+11

20th

+20/+15/+10/+5

+12

+6

+12

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Dark Avenger.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
Dark Avengers are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and one exotic weapon. Dark Avengers may wear up to medium armor.

1st – I am Vengeance (Su):
Dark Avengers are obsessed with battling injustice. To represent this, Dark Avengers have a vengeance pool, equal to their class level plus their Wisdom modifier. When pursuing an enemy, a Dark Avenger may assign points from his vengeance pool to add them to a die roll (attack rolls, saves, etc). Vengeance points may only be assigned to a particular die, and are replenished at the end of the gaming session, or when the enemy is defeated.

1st - Combat Themes (Ex):
A Dark Avenger must have a Combat Theme. This gives the Dark Avenger two bonus feats at 1st level, and several abilities as the character levels up. A Dark Avenger gains combat feats (excluding bonus feats) as if he was a fighter of equal level.
Bat Theme:
A Dark Avenger with this Combat Theme gains Improved Unarmed Strike and Weapon Finesse as bonus feats. A Dark Avenger with Improved Unarmed Strikes (either from this theme, or as a normal feat) may attack with fists, elbows, knees, feet, and forehead. This means that a Dark Avenger may make unarmed strikes with his hands full.

There is no such thing as an off-hand attack for a Dark Avenger using Improved Unarmed Strike. A Dark Avenger may thus apply his full Strength bonus on damage rolls for all his unarmed strikes. If a Dark Avenger’s unarmed strikes deal lethal damage, he can choose to deal nonlethal damage instead with no penalty on his attack roll. He has the same choice to deal lethal or nonlethal damage while grappling.
Thematic Ability: A Dark Avenger with the Bat Theme may, only while in costume, scare opponents by making an Intimidation check.
The Intimidation check receives a bonus equal to half the levels of the Dark Avenger class.

Bow Theme:
A Dark Avenger with this Combat Theme gains Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot as bonus feats.
Thematic Ability: A Dark Avenger with the Bow Theme gets Rapidshot at 2nd level and Manyshot at 6th level.

Fox Theme:
A Dark Avenger with this Combat Theme gains Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus as bonus feats.
Thematic Ability: A Dark Avenger with the Fox Theme may scratch his initial into an object by making a touch attack roll. To do so, the damage caused must be equal to or greater than the target's hardness.

Ghost Theme:
A Dark Avenger with this Combat Theme gains Improved Unarmed Strike and Toughness as bonus feats. (This Toughness is the Pathfinder version, where the character gains an additional HP for each level above 3rd).
Thematic Ability:Dark Avengers with the Ghost Theme are treated as supernatural beings by everybody except their most trusted companions. In game terms, add half the Dark Avenger's levels to Knowledge DCs concerning the character. Failure indicates that the inquiring character gets a false story that implies the character is a ghost. Any enemeies who here the false stories must make a Will save or develop the shaken condition.

1st -Secret Identity (Ex):
A Dark Avenger must keep his true identity secret, except for his most trusted companions. In addition to a concealing costume (which is only worn while adventuring), this requires a hidden base (traditionally a cave) where his Dark Avenger equipment, trophies and method(s) of transport are stored when not adventuring. If the Avenger's secret identity is ever revealed, the character cannot progress in the class unless he assumes another identity. When the Dark Avenger is not adventuring, he (or she) is assumed to be a normal person.

2nd – I am The Night (Ex):
Dark Avengers receive a bonus equal to half their level when using the Hide or Move Silently skills. In conditions of low illumination, the Dark Avenger can move up to normal speed without a penalty to the above checks.

4th – Personal Mount/Vehicle (Ex):
The Dark Avenger gets his own personal vehicle (or mount, if no vehicles are available in the area). This is a vehicle (or mount) of exceptional (but not supernatural) quality.

Leviting
2014-06-28, 06:22 PM
About the "Secret Identity"s "Hidden Base" section, wouldn't the Dark Avenger want to use their equipment when adventuring, as opposed to waste money or time buying or taking it and placing it in a cave to sit? (sorry if that was worded poorly). Extradimensional storage does exist (bag of holding, portable hole, etc)

Afgncaap5
2014-06-29, 07:49 PM
I'm kinda tempted to run elements of this class in Adventure!'s d20 retrofit. Or possibly Aberrant's.

Southern Cross
2014-06-30, 01:20 AM
Thanks, Afgncaap5! Any idea for more class features? I've just included the basic class features I thought the class would need.