PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Tenser's Keg Stand (3.P Spell)

Cowardly Griffo
2014-06-28, 06:14 AM
Tenser's Keg Stand
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target, Effect, or Area: One creature
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: Will negates, Fortitude partial
Spell Resistance: Yes

The caster conjures a large, quasi-real keg of stout liquor, with a long spout emerging from the center of the lid, at the feet of the target. Unless the target succeeds at a will saving throw, they are compelled to do a handstand on the lid of the keg and start drinking the liquor. The target does not need to make any skill check to maintain this handstand, but is otherwise unable to act and considered flat-footed for one round.

On the following round, the target makes a fortitude save; if they fail, they are sickened for 1d6 rounds from the strong liquor. They may then make a [Balance/Acrobatics] check, DC 10+caster level, to land on their feet as the keg vanishes; otherwise they immediately fall prone.

Material Component
An empty beer stein, which the caster must crush against their forehead.

Debihuman
2014-06-28, 08:57 AM
If it is only quasi-real why would you get sick from it?. How long does the tankard stay around if it isn't? Technically, the spell is conjuration since you are conjuring the tankard. You'd need a second spell to force the target to drink. But that's just me being a nit-picker. I can get with the overpowered spell for humor sake (I did it for Cipher's Booze Domain see link below). Fixing text in spoiler.

Target is singular so your text shouldn't refer to "they."

The caster conjures a large keg of stout liquor at the feet of the target. Unless the target succeeds at a Will saving throw, the target is compelled to do a handstand on the lid of the keg and drink the liquor* from the keg's long spout. The target does not need to make any skill check to maintain this handstand**, but is otherwise unable to act and considered flat-footed for one round.

On the following round, the target makes a Fortitude save. If the target fails, the target is sickened for 1d6 rounds from the strong liquor. The target must succeed on [Balance/Acrobatics] check, DC 10+caster level or otherwise immediately fall prone.
*How long does the target drink?
**why not?

You might also enjoy this: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?231434-The-Booze-Domain

Debby

toapat
2014-06-28, 09:16 AM
also, crushing a stein against your head would more likely result in death than a crumpled piece of metal

Debihuman
2014-06-28, 09:41 AM
I don't think aluminum is s metal used in 3.5 though I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to assess it as a special material. Oh wait, it's been done!

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Aluminum_(3.5e_Equipment).

You take one point of damage from crushing an aluminum tankard on your forehead.

Debby

toapat
2014-06-28, 01:05 PM
You take one point of damage from crushing an aluminum tankard on your forehead.

Debby

tankards are not remotely as thin of a material as the laminated steel that is used in drink cans though. You can crush them because the total thickness of the material is what? 1/100th of an inch? a tankard will at thinest be at least 1/32

Debihuman
2014-06-28, 06:10 PM
Silly, it's clearly a crushing tankard.
These mundane tankards (or steins) look like their normal sturdy counterparts but are made of much thinner aluminum than their appearance would otherwise suggest. These tankards are used by drunken hooligans to impress their equally drunken drinking buddies. By crushing the tankard or stein against your forehead, you take one point of damage and gain a +1 circumstance bonus to impress any drunken ally within 10-feet of you who witnesses you crushing the tankard or stein against your forehead. Non-drunks are usually unaffected, but a few (5%) are actually put off by such juvenile behavior. You can throw a crushing tankard (or stein) as a improvised weapon but your target only takes one point of damage and the tankard breaks and becomes unusable.

And if you ever need stats for a mob of drunken hooligans, I have it here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?266742-3-5-Another-Mob-(inspired-by-Mummer-s-Parade)-PEACH&p=14483061&viewfull=1#post14483061

Debby