PDA

View Full Version : Evil campaign setup

Spacehamster
2014-06-28, 10:36 AM
Came up with an idea for an evil campaign in a coming session, all players pick a different
monster race, gnoll, goblin, orc, hobgoblin and bugbear. Form an evil band that unites tribes
of the different races and invade and burn everything in sight. Me myself will be
a gnoll(flind) fighter, barbarian and homebrew red dragon disciple(no caster stuff otherwise mostly the same)
and were thinking what builds we should use for the other races, goblin would be pretty good
for rogue and stonedeath assassin right? But any ideas for the other ones and if there
is any good casty/healy classes for them? the bugbear, orc and hobgoblin. :)

Spacehamster
2014-06-28, 10:44 AM
Oh also thinking that everyone will start with a free feat that gives them an
ancestral relic weapon will ofc rename the feat to something fitting since
ancestral relic is from book of exalted deeds, so each player would have a
mighty weapon that they can upgrade as the campaign goes on, kind of
as a badge of office. :)

Kazudo
2014-06-28, 10:47 AM
Hooo. I'd recommend giving away some LA if those are the kinds of choices you're wanting, especially since there's Goblin in the mix. RHD isn't bad by itself, but if you're planning on making this anything other than a mid-high level game, the group won't be as good as any NPC adventurers unless said adventurers really are just stupid.

Spacehamster
2014-06-28, 10:52 AM
Hooo. I'd recommend giving away some LA if those are the kinds of choices you're wanting, especially since there's Goblin in the mix. RHD isn't bad by itself, but if you're planning on making this anything other than a mid-high level game, the group won't be as good as any NPC adventurers unless said adventurers really are just stupid.

Yeah were thinking of skipping LA and RHD alltogether since all our characters(we usually rotate gm duty) will be very powerful
specimens for their race. Was thinking the goblin sub-race Forestkith +2 dex -2int and powerful build so he counts as medium. :)

Edit hmm must have been some other small race that had powerful build I think just checked and it did not have it. :-/
Also thinking to throw a bit more starting gold at the player that gets goblin so he gets bit better gear to start with
since goblins are not the strongest monster race for sure.

Spacehamster
2014-06-28, 02:51 PM
So does anyone have any class, prc class suggestions for the monster races I listed? :)
Since it will be a high power campaign they start without rhd or lvl adjustment, so will
be able to have full 20 class levels by the end of it. Races that Im not sure
what classes to pick for is Orc, Bugbear and Hobgoblin. :)