PDA

View Full Version : Bhaalspawn Saga

Philemonite
2014-06-29, 04:08 AM
Waukeen's Promenade, one of the largest trading centers in Fearun. Settled in the center of Athkatla, it is a veritable paradise for those with coin. Everywhere you look there are stores and wares scattered about. The beauty of your surroundings surpasses even the splendors of Waterdeep. Even the ruins of the sorcerers dungeon fail to spoil the beauty of Waukeen's Promenade. However, they are successful in reminding you of your situation, as well as your companions. This people that you have never seen, apparently your brothers and sisters. Now, when you are out of immediate danger and basking in the warm daylight you can't help but feel that this is not the end of your journey together, but only the beginning.

Vhaidara
2014-06-29, 07:08 AM
Schakriarytiss looks around the Promenade
That man will pay. But for now, I could use a stiff drink.

Irish Musician
2014-06-30, 11:42 AM
Cal'al Ouss'mtor (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhiZk5FBDA), Drow Ardent
Cal stood next to the dragonborn watching the people pass in the streets of the Promenade. Look at these fools, knowing nothing about what is going on in the world around them. They are but sheep, following a Shepard they do not know. They follow him to their deaths, not knowing that a drow holds the knife to cut their throats and feast on them. Cal'al smiled to himself, knowing what he is now. He always knew he was different.....tended to have a violent streak about him, but now he understood why, and he loved the power. "Of course he will pay, my friend. He locked me up and tortured me......something my family did for many, many years. He did that, and he will get the same treatment tenfold. He shall get what is coming to him, and more." Cal has been taught the ways of torture by his family. How to keep someone alive almost indefinitely until they were begging for death.

"All we need to do is bide our time until the opportunity arises. Then we shall seize it, and him, and do what we will with him." Cal'al gives him a wonderfully evil smile, "Now, let us get a damned drink. I need one after all of this excitement." He then heads to the nearest bar for a drink.

GPuzzle
2014-06-30, 12:30 PM
"You're lucky you didn't end up in the Smoking Snakes' Pit, mate. It was roughly on the same level as that, just every day, nonstop. Lost some good friends in there. I guess we could all use a drink, it might clear our minds."

Infernally Clay
2014-06-30, 02:28 PM
"You guys are a veritable font of cheer," the Tiefling sighed.

Lempi was irritated. She had had no idea that Javan had consorted with Bhaal, so in a way he had betrayed her twice. It seemed even in death, that monster was screwing with her. Yet she knew what revenge did to a person. She knew that Bhaal's blood ran through their veins, coercing them to seek violence and retribution... She had taken her revenge on Javan after all, hadn't she? ...and she would be lying if she said she hadn't enjoyed it, in some perverse way. This worried Lempi the most and exacerbated her irritation. Was she only playing into Bhaal's hands? No, she was no one's puppet. Not any more.

"Perhaps a trip to the circus will brighten our faces." Lempi suggested, "Watching people make fools of themselves never gets old."

Vhaidara
2014-06-30, 03:44 PM
I agree with the dark elf, for once. I think a stiff drink is called for after all that we've been through. Does anyone know where this is? It certainly isn't Neverwinter.
The warlord follows the drow in his search for a bar.

Irish Musician
2014-06-30, 04:39 PM
Cal'al Ouss'mtor (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhiZk5FBDA), Drow Ardent
Cal stopped in his tracks when he heard mention of the circus. His ears perked up and he spun around to face the Tiefling. "That sound like a wonderful plan, my dear. We can drink ale there and watch people make fool of themselves!" Cal'al gives her a big smile and a small bow. He holds out his arm for her to take, and then leads them all to the circus.

GPuzzle
2014-06-30, 04:50 PM
"It'll probably be better than standing out in the rain, that's for sure."

Infernally Clay
2014-06-30, 05:17 PM
"Oh why, sir!" Lempi giggled, feigning the innocence of a farm girl, before returning the bow and taking the drow's hand, "I would be delighted to join you."

Vhaidara
2014-06-30, 05:20 PM
The dragon snorts at the behavior of his companions, but follows.
I spent my entire life wondering about family, and now this is what I get?

Ghost49X
2014-06-30, 09:35 PM
Seraph
Sera looks around at her companions, still traumatized from the recent events. How could one man be so devoid of love? Pondering the thought for a few seconds, she tries to come up with a reasonable explanation... Not being able to reason out the man's cruelty and she takes a confused guess and mumbles under her breath "Maybe he wasn't loved enough as a child??" Noticing the awkward position she put herself in, she blurts out an anxious response "Er... Sure! A drink would be great. Preferably somewhere with a bard." She looks at and follows her companions, not knowing what to think of them just yet...

Philemonite
2014-07-01, 09:00 AM
As you approach the tent located in the center of the promenade, you find yourself face to face with an armed figure. You notice a strange markings on his armor, a fist engulfed by fire. His posture and the way he wields his lance indicate that he is a soldier, but you don't really recognize his style.
"Halt citizens, the circus is off limits! There are strange things happening, and I will not let anyone else go in there."
You can tell by his stern look that he is serious, but perhaps there is a way to convince him to let you go in.

Irish Musician
2014-07-01, 09:32 AM
Cal'al smiles and speaks up, "Of course you are just look out for our safety, and we do very much appreciate that, but we came for merriment and ale! We came to laugh at the clowns and smile at the animals!" Cal'al gets a shocked and worried look on his face, "Whatever has befallen this wonderful place of frivolity?!" Cal sneaks a wink at the group behind, turning back to the guard with the same worried look.

Do I recognize the emblem on his armor?

Vhaidara
2014-07-01, 02:07 PM
Scharkarytiss narrows his eyes at the armored man.
Is it normal for a circus to have an armored guard telling people to go away?

GPuzzle
2014-07-01, 02:09 PM
"Depends on what does the 'circus' does. In some cases it's just to put out those that are pissing everyone off. In other cases, it's better to have someone telling everyone to go away."

Philemonite
2014-07-01, 02:19 PM
"Get your mind out of the gutter boy, this is a respected establishment. If you are looking for frivolities you should visit Copper Coronet, there are a lot of shady dealings going on there. Not that I would know anything about that."
The last sentence makes the guard blush slightly, and a sharp eye doesn't fail to notice it.

Vhaidara
2014-07-01, 05:24 PM
Schar looks at the guard.
And do they serve drink at this "Copper Coronet"?

Irish Musician
2014-07-02, 11:57 AM
Cal'al being of sharp mind and eye catches the guards embarrassment. "Look, we have all indulged in some frivolity once or twice in our lives, there is nothing to be ashamed of." Cal pats the guard on the shoulder and leans in a little close, as if he didn't want prying ears to hear them. "I know you are meant to guard this door, and you are doing an amazing job at it. Your crest is highly known and regarded as one of the best around. I would just ask you to look the other way for twenty seconds so my friends and I can take a look in the circus. I promise if anything shall befall us, you will not be blamed." Cal'al takes out 20 gold pieces from his pouch and holds them out to the guard. "After your shift you can relax and enjoy some, frivolities with this, compliments of myself and my party." Cal smiles at him, as genuine a smile as the guard has ever seen.

Diplomacy [roll0] Cal is, obviously, trying to get on the guard's good side. The gold is there to sweeten the deal.

GPuzzle
2014-07-02, 12:58 PM
"Ive been in your place before. I know what you've been trying to do. We here are just looking for a place to clean our minds from what we've gone in the past 6 months. And honestly, I think this establishment isn't the kind of establishment that'd be problematic to anyone. Mind letting us in?"

Vhaidara
2014-07-09, 08:47 AM
Schar starts to walk away.
If they don't want our patronage, I feel we shouldn't give it to them. Let's just go find a bar. This "Copper Coronet" sounds good enough.

Philemonite
2014-07-15, 10:29 AM
Right from the door you already notice what kind of place is Copper Coronet. With shady dealings in dark corners and many illegal activities happening in private rooms, Copper Coronet is a pit of corruption and a perfect place to gather information. But before you have a chance to start your search an armored figure appears before you. You can see by the scar on his face and the dents in his armor that he has seen battle. However, there is something about him that simply screams arrogance, and his accent doesn't really help him make a good impression.
"Strangers! Perhaps you have more courage than the worms that frequent this pit of corruption. I am Anomen, warrior priest of Helm. What is your name?"

Vhaidara
2014-07-15, 10:35 AM
Schakriarytiss, warrior of Torm, captain-
He swallows back the phrase.
I suppose, former captain of the forces of Neverwinter, at this point. What is a priest of the Watcher doing in this pit of corruption?

Irish Musician
2014-07-15, 11:28 AM
Cal'al starts to walk right to the bar when a large, armored man steps in front of him. Cal sees the scar on his face and the dents in his armor and immediately knows that brute force won't get him to his ale. "I am Cal'al Ouss'mtor, Ardent and controller of the mind. Now, if you don't mind, can we talk at the bar? My throat is parched and needs refreshment if we are to talk any more. My companions and I have been through a lot as of late, and a drink is just the thing we need."