PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Imperious Command Question

Invader
2014-06-29, 08:13 AM
So I'm looking at the Imperious Command feat and it doesn't seem as great as the Hexblade handbook is making it out to be unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

It adds a 1 round cowering effect to a successful intimidate check but that takes a standard action so it just doesn't seem that amazing to me unless there's a better way to use it?

Piggy Knowles
2014-06-29, 08:26 AM
There are a number of ways to demoralize someone without using a standard action, the easiest probably being Fearsome Armor from Drow of the Underdark.

Invader
2014-06-29, 08:37 AM
There are a number of ways to demoralize someone without using a standard action, the easiest probably being Fearsome Armir from Drow of the Underdark.

Ahh so if used with Dreadful Wrath it would work wonderfully then, excellent. Thanks.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-06-29, 08:57 AM
- Fearsome armor property to make it a move action
- Never Outnumbered skill trick to do it to everyone in 10 ft plus the original target 1/encounter
- Nine levels of Zhentarim Fighter will let you do it as a swift
- Dipping Barb for Rage lets you get Intimidating Rage to do it at range when entering rage. Using Ferocity rage variant (or intantaneous rage feat) lets you do this out of turn to disrupt someone else's action and rob them of their turn.
- Intimidating Strike feat can be taken at level 1 and lets you strike once and get a free demoralize as a standard.
- If Pathfinder material is allowed, check out the feats Enforcer, Cornugon Smash, Dreadful Carnage, and (not my favorite option, but...) Dazzling Display