PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The Portal World: Prologue - Through the Portal

blackwind1kaze
2014-06-29, 10:22 AM
The three of you have finally decided that it is time to jump the gap and into the portal. As you jump across the gap together, for a moment you are met with pure silence as if the portal would not let the two world's sounds connect. when you finally hit the portal's surface, it feels almost as if you are hitting a small pool of water as you break through.

A few seconds later you find yourselves landing on your hands and knees as the portal lets you out, weird enough that you thought you might have been trying to commit suicide through what the portal showed but you actually found yourselves to be on a stone brick road in the city. As the three of you look around though as you get up, you take notice of something really weird where you currently stand. There are wooden walls blocking the entrances to every building and some that block even some of the different roads that connect to the one you're currently on.

You look upward for a moment and see what looks to be a big banner saying "Flag Runners". then in a split second, two things happen, first you take notice of the ground massively vibrating as something or a bunch of things are really running toward you that are currently behind you. The second thing you take notice is a man that opens a door from one of the walls further up ahead and is yelling at you, "Move your Arse's in 'ere before you die!"

You take a moment to look back to see what's running at you and a good several feet behind, you see a massive amount of animated flags that are as big as you running straight toward you three. Now you're thinking that it would be a good time to...

"RUN!!!"

Choice A: Run towards the man, roll either Escape artist, survival or tumble.
Choice B: Attempt to climb over the nearby side of one of the walls, roll a climb check.
Choice C: Just stand there praying to a deity that the animated flags avoid you.

You need 3 Successes before 2 Failures, basically each of you need to succeed once.

Silver Night
2014-06-29, 11:25 PM
Peridot runs toward the man.

Tumble: [roll0]

Mousedigits
2014-06-29, 11:35 PM
Harruk, seeing his companion's action, does the same, sprinting to the man.

[roll0]

Aegis013
2014-06-30, 09:38 PM
Sator, baffles for a split second at the oncoming flags before snapping back into reality and attempting to seek refuge atop one of the walls.

[roll0] Climb check
However, if I still have my soulmelds and vestige (first/standard set listed under spells on my character sheet) I use my airstep sandals to fly at 30ft speed onto the top of the wall.

blackwind1kaze
2014-06-30, 09:57 PM
Peridot manages to find herself doing a couple of rolls and front flips to get over to the door and spins around by the door in enough time to see Harruk attempt just running toward the door. Harruk stumbled and fell on his face but managed to get a fair distance from where he started but not enough to see that if he fails again, he'll be run over by animated medium sized flags. Peridot takes a step back to go through the door and didn't realize the small lip at the bottom which she fell over through the door, a couple of women help her through the rest of the way and help her get up. Meanwhile, Sator looks at his feet for a moment and then attempts to scale the wall and fly. while he doesn't succeed at flying, he manages to scale the wall in just enough time to get out of the way of the flags.

Skill Challenge: 2 Successes, 1 Fail

Peridot smoked that tumble roll like a b-aw-sss.
Harruk was SO close to escaping/surviving (need to label what your rolls are for EX: Survival check, escape artist check, etc. {you don't need to put down the check part of course})
Sator would have failed if the vestige wasn't mentioned, so be lucky you managed to get that circumstance bonus to just make the roll.

Mousedigits
2014-07-01, 05:41 PM
Harruk gets up and starts running again, full speed, trying to get to the building before the flags get to him.

[roll0] tumble

blackwind1kaze
2014-07-02, 06:13 AM
Harruk just manages to dive through the open door as a flag tried to reach for him. He then rolled slightly until his body forced him to stop. Harruk and Peridot (Sator too if he was looking that way) take notice of the man struggling to close the door while a flag tries to get through. A few moments later though he manages to kick the flag backward into other flags before fully closing the door. The group currently has a few moments as the flags pass by.

Aegis013
2014-07-02, 01:06 PM
Relieved that his friends have escaped the impending danger of the animated flags, Sator turns his attention briefly to his own magics, seeing if he might be able to figure out why his airstep sandals did not seem to function properly.

[roll0] Knowledge Planes
[roll1] Knowledge Arcana

Then, taking a moment to ponder the motive of these animate objects, he attempts to use the Power of Malphas...

Doing my Binding check to see if Malphas' influence is presently affecting Sator for future reference (DC 15)
[roll2]

to attempt to conjure a Raven (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17711687&postcount=25) as a standard action to follow the Flags from above, to serve as a second set of eyes.

Mousedigits
2014-07-02, 04:22 PM
Harruk, relieved that he made it into the building, turned to the man who had saved him and his compatriots. "Thank you, for allowing us to shelter in your home. Now, may I ask, what in the 9 Hells was that?"

Silver Night
2014-07-02, 08:35 PM
Peridot grins crookedly, "Well, what an interesting, er, custom."

blackwind1kaze
2014-07-03, 12:08 AM
Sator checks the ground and looks around after climbing down the wood fence and heading toward the group. after judging the feel of the dirt, he gathers that this world at the moment doesn't seem too different than the world they came from. However, he does realize there is a magical field damping at least all magic in the area.

As he summons a raven and tells it to pay attention to the flags, it ignores him at first as it leaves his shoulder to collect the shiny bauble on the ground nearby. With it now clutched in its talons, the raven then obeys the command and watches the flags while in the air.

Looks and sees the wood fencing from the beginning of the town follow through to where the group started. it then sees the flag that got kicked back by the one guy and trampled by the other flags. It then sees the flags heading through the rest of the wood fenced town toward the other end before a portal appears big and wide enough for the flags to go through before closing and disappearing

Meanwhile with the rest of the group...

The man chuckles as Harruk thinks they're inside the man's house and asked the question. "We're just on the other side of the fence buddy. As for the flags, they've been wreaking havoc on our community for a good couple of weeks now. They started showing up since you lot start coming through from Chicago", the man stated. "We've tried every dampen possibility we could think of but we could never stop them, after a while we just started putting the wood fences up since they seem to go through the same area unless able to take an alternate route." The man looks over at Peridot and says, "IF you've been listening to what i just said, this is not a custom, it's a frick'n nightwing."

Meanwhile, in the wooden fence area...

The flag slowly starts getting up and becoming another, person. Well, as much of a person it could become as the height of the creature reverts back to a smaller stature at it takes on a more male body shape and gaining some pointy ears.

You are waking up from being a flag. the last thing your character can remember is going through the portal during the night entering to the other world. The last thing you remember is turning around to see a flag jumping at you.

None of the group or people know about this new person yet since Sator rolled low on that first spot check.

Aegis013
2014-07-03, 12:32 AM
Sator moves towards the door in the fence through which his companions escaped, mentally recalling the bird to his side, pondering what shiny bauble it may have acquired.

Kidudeman
2014-07-03, 08:00 AM
Quoji, awakened and slightly frightened, takes in his surroundings, looking around for anything suspicious, hoping not to find any flags.

[roll0] Perception

Quoji remembers he had an owl before he somehow lost consciousness. Panicking slightly for the fate of his companion, he searches his pack, hoping McHoot might be sleeping inside.

Quoji attempts to get his owl to fly around and look for movement.

("Push" owl to peform "Seek", DC 25 if owl is uninjured. Taking 10 is enough to pass the DC.)

Silver Night
2014-07-04, 12:11 PM
Peridot

Peridot smiles at the man, "I can see how it would be a bit disconcerting. At least they seem to stay on that side of the fence. Tell me, what is this place called?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Mousedigits
2014-07-05, 04:50 PM
"Yes, I too would like to know were it is we are. Seems like a strange place, here."

blackwind1kaze
2014-07-13, 03:46 PM
The raven lands on Sator's shoulder and shows the bauble to Sator revealing it to be a glass eye.

Meanwhile, Quoji seeing nothing but the flags a ways away leaving through the portal. His owl however takes notice of the raven and lands on top of the nearby wood wall as it sees living creatures on the other side.

the man looks at Peridot and Harruk and says, "Haktu(Hak-too)"

Silver Night
2014-07-13, 04:39 PM
Peridot

"Is that the name of the city, or the country? We're... not from around here."

Kidudeman
2014-07-14, 03:00 AM
Quoji

Noticing his owl has found something beyond the wall, Quoji calls out: "Anyone There?". Without waiting for an answer, he attempts to scale up the wall his pet has chosen as a perch.

[roll0]

Aegis013
2014-07-14, 10:26 PM
Sator continues to go towards where his allies disappeared through the wall. He mentally commanding his bird to return the air so that he might see what else is around, pocketing the glass eye. The interesting bauble piques Sator's curiosity, who might have lost a glass eye, and how?

for Sator to hear Quoji
[roll1] for the Raven to see Quoji
[roll]1s20+5 for the Raven to hear Quoji

Aegis013
2014-07-14, 10:29 PM
Once again typoed a dice roll.

1d20+5 for the Raven to hear Quoji

Edit: This dice roll is clearly not meant to be.

Mousedigits
2014-07-23, 01:09 PM
Harruk

"Is that the name of the city, or the country? We're... not from around here."

"I, too, would like to know where we are. Hell, are we still even on the Material Plane?"

[roll0]

blackwind1kaze
2014-07-27, 03:11 AM
The man looked up at the clear blue sky as he chuckled since the two kept saying stuff that was very obvious. "That's the name of this town. As for where you're from, we call it Chicago", the man stated to clear up any bit of confusion.

Quoji asks the question but can slightly hear the sounds of people talking on the other side. He decides to take his time climbing up the wall on his owl's left. Unfortunately it doesn't work out well for him.

Meanwhile, Sator couldn't hear Quoji asking the question as it appears he asked it during the man laughing, he does however see a owl perched on the top of the wall. The raven flies off into the air to head toward the wall and land on it's top, unfortunately this took place at the wrong time because Quoji was just finished reaching the top when the raven smacked right into his face causing him and the bird to fall back down the wall onto the other side. The man took notice of this and quickly headed over to Sator while abandoning the conversation he was just having and asked, "What the hell did your bird just hit?"

Unfortunately the man didn't hear Harruk's last question as he had left to ask Sator something now. However, from what Harruk could make out of this world so far, he thinks this is a Material Plane, but at the least isn't an Elemental Plane.

[spoiler=OOC]Kidudeman: remember, if you hit the preview button while having the dice code in, you'll need to retype it otherwise you'll get the code showing instead.

Aegis013: Maybe you should stick to a simple code like [*roll]1d20 (minus the * of course) and then in your labelling, tell me the +/- modifier, i can add easy enough.

Kidudeman
2014-07-27, 03:40 PM
Quoji

Quoji stares at the surprise raven that landed near him. He makes a complex hand movement while muttering in an ancient language "Speak With Animals". He then starts speaking to the raven: "Are you injured?".

Text in italics indicates spell-casting or non-common language. Speak With Animals has been cast, from the Gnome free spell/day.

Aegis013
2014-07-27, 04:23 PM
Shaking his head in disappointment at his inability to control the bird, Sator gives up on the venture and decides to dismiss the bird's service.
Seeing the man asking him about his bird Sator takes a moment to determine what he saw.

If I was still able to see through the bird's eyes, as per the text of the ability in question, I will respond "My bird appears to have collided with a gnome attempting to scale the wall." if I was not I simply say "I don't know, but I think it would prudent to take a look.", either way followed with a "I'm Sator, pleasure to meet you."

Silver Night
2014-07-29, 12:53 AM
Peridot

"So, is it safe out on the street now? How often do the flags come through?"

Mousedigits
2014-08-16, 10:40 AM
Harruk simply listens for the man's answer on how often the flags come through.