PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [Help] High damage and tank Character.

Garou666
2014-06-29, 03:53 PM
Hi people !
i'm back again looking for amazing exotic combos the challenge is

Allowed books: 3.5
Denyed: 3.0 Books,Campaign Settings,Sword and Sorcery
-6th lvl
-13.000 Gp
-Good Damage
-Good at tanking
-Great racist, killing another races
-no elf pls
-18, 16, 14, 12 ,10, 8

Dm Special:

World Dm Human:
+2 Str,Cha
-2 Dex
-Arcane armor 1/day
-1 extra feat

Regissoma
2014-06-29, 04:02 PM
Lets see here... be a dwarf and go into Ironsoul Forgemaster, lockdown Crusader, Knight/Crusader, Cptn America by going into Bloodstorm Blade, be another characters mount take levels in dungeon crasher fighter and if your a warforged Warforged Juggernaut, or be Batman(wizard)

Flickerdart
2014-06-29, 04:13 PM
Knight or Crusader is definitely the way to go for tanking. Since the Crusader's class features kind of suck, a multiclass is preferable. You will want to go Knight 4 for Bulwark of Defense and Test of Mettle (Fighting Challenge doesn't hurt either!) and then top up with Crusader 2. You end up with an Initiator Level of 4, which is 2 lower than straight Crusader, and you have 2 fewer maneuvers known, but you have the same maneuvers readied and can skip taking 1st level maneuvers entirely because your IL is 3 by that point. This also gives you access to 3rd level stances one level earlier than a straight Crusader would get them, which means the amazing Thicket of Blades. Between that and your Bulwark of Defense from Knight, you become very "sticky", since enemies cannot 5ft step away without provoking, and once they end their turn next to you, they can't 5ft step at all because the area around you is now difficult terrain for them.

PaucaTerrorem
2014-06-29, 04:23 PM
When you say; Books allowed: 3.5, what do you mean? Core? Complete series? ToB?

These things make a difference.

Wacky89
2014-06-29, 04:49 PM
When you say; Books allowed: 3.5, what do you mean? Core? Complete series? ToB?

These things make a difference.

LOL, what do you want him to list every book allowed in 3.5 history?
He wrote what was BANNED, he would probably have mentioned if anything from 3.5 was banned ... *Facepalm*

Sir Chuckles
2014-06-29, 06:41 PM
LOL, what do you want him to list every book allowed in 3.5 history?
He wrote what was BANNED, he would probably have mentioned if anything from 3.5 was banned ... *Facepalm*

We've had many situations in which someone will say "My DM allows only 3.5", and then we suggest something like Frostburn isn't allowed due to setting, or it means "Any 3.5 book that the DM knows of".
Many people don't even realize how many 3.5 books there are.

Wacky89
2014-06-29, 06:55 PM
We've had many situations in which someone will say "My DM allows only 3.5", and then we suggest something like Frostburn isn't allowed due to setting, or it means "Any 3.5 book that the DM knows of".
Many people don't even realize how many 3.5 books there are.

yea okay, my mistake. I just thought the question was very silly

Red Fel
2014-06-29, 08:54 PM
I agree with the suggestions above. Crusader is excellent at taking and dealing powerful hits, and maneuvers add to its survivability, versatility, and damage output. ToB is an excellent source for all things melee, and this is no exception.

I also want to second the Ironsoul Forgemaster from Magic of Incarnum. There's a handbook in my sig.

Frankly, the two go well together. A bunch of Crusader, a dip in Incarnate, full Ironsoul, you'll be a powerful melee beast with exceptional lockdown abilities.

Garou666
2014-06-30, 06:15 AM
Please guys, put the book and the page if possible :smallbiggrin: