PDA

View Full Version : Donjon Crawl

Plerumque
2014-06-29, 08:34 PM
Brigantia is also known as the City of Adventurers, a name well deserved. Heroes of all variety flock to its gates, pushing and shoving to be the one to rise above the crowd and make a name of themselves, all looking to be the next to have their very own designer line of magic wands. The city itself arose due to the inexplicable bounty of ancient ruins, treacherous cave systems, and long-lost cities that can be found in the area. Yet there is one such location, the dreaded Dungeon of Delmaris, that no one has yet been brave or stupid enough to explore it and also managed to return. That, of course, is where our valiant (and extremely fashionable) heroes come in.

You can find just about anything here, but due to all the ill-gotten wealth that keeps finding its way into the economy, inflation is a problem. Worth and Provisions caps are both 20, so an effective non-issue, but there's an average markup of +5.

cameronpants
2014-07-03, 11:50 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/075/5/2/fire_spirit_by_thiago_almeida-d5yalta.jpg
Vir 3
Cer 3
Dis 5
Adr 6
Whe 5
Soc 1

Abyssal Visions 4 (Singe can see magic and smell emotions. His perception is skewed and he is insane; however, his demonic insight is unfathomable to most men.)
Demon On My Back 3 (Parasitic Demon living inside Malek's spine. Has a propensity for destruction, brute strength, and violence.)
Cast the Stones 2 (Cast the stones to see the future through the brimstone haze. Can foresee peril, danger, and conflict.)
Master of Rzokkan Hek'p 2 (translation: Master of The One True Cut) (Superior katana fighting style. Used to hit and parry with a sword.)
Awaken the Slumbering Spirits 2 (Demonic whispers in your head? Find vessels for their cursed, abyssal souls! Bonus to looting/purchasing items with Curse dice.)

HP 3
F 2
R 2

Wealth 3
Provisions 3

Bent Katana: Damage 2, Sharp [Curse Dice: 1 Mystery]

He lived inside my spine.
It hurt at first. Constant burns, blisters, nerve damage. But it all began to fade as he fused with bone and blood vessel and muscular tissue.
Now he could slip inside, live inside each vertebrae like a dorm room, splitting himself between them, filling my marrow with fire. With heat.
With rage.
Had I been most other men, or any other man by my opinion, I would have ended things long ago. I would have broken.
My training saved me. The path of Rzokkan Hek'p believed every battle, every debate, every war had it's conclusion separated by a single stroke; by sword, by pen, or by squadron. One single motion decided whether it was victory or failure.
I knew I wasn't defeated. I fought on long enough that the Infection Demon could not spread again. I survived the fevers, survived the dehydration, survived the burns...
And now he thinks of me as home. Which is good, because I need his strength to make money. Enough money to retire on, maybe a little for the old homestead.
Oh, and become a world-famous adventurer and explorer and blah blah snore.

Brace strolls through town, eyeing passing pedestrians thoroughly. Singe whispers dark thoughts, the sizzling voice creeping through his skull. Everyone was a danger or a food source- but often they were both. Brace was used to these warnings, threats, and plots, and was usually strong enough to resist Singe's urgings.

Except last time. Brace registered some highwaymen as a danger and displayed himself a little too aggressively. Singe refused to emerge, and so he lost the skirmish. The bandits let him live, but removed all his worthwhile possessions. He had the barest of travelling gear left, as well as some coins he had hidden in his shoe. Brace got to work shopping for new armaments.

Seeking a Cursed Katana, Damage 2 and Sharp, plus 1 Curse die. Value 2. Spending 2 Wealth and hoping for the best. Katana: [roll0]

Also looking for Cursed chain armor, Damage Value 2 with 1 Curse die. Total value 1. Spending 1 Wealth. Cursed Armor: [roll1]

Saving the rest after I see what happens.

Plerumque
2014-07-03, 05:33 PM
Without much difficulty, Brace finds a sketchy merchant selling gear for low prices and assuring everyone that it is certainly top-of-the-line, no funny business involved, and very, very definitely not cursed. He sells Brace a slightly bent katana without a problem- "All the rage these days"- but pauses when he sees the meager coins spread out for the armor, which has had all its broken links turned very carefully to the back and most of the bloodstains washed off, even. "That little for this fine piece of work?" he scoffs.

Opposition vs. Katana: [roll0]

Opposition vs. Chainmail: [roll1]