PDA

View Full Version : Isn't there a feat...

fallensavior
2007-02-26, 01:04 AM
...that let's you initiate a grapple for free whenever you hit with an unarmed strike?

The_Snark
2007-02-26, 01:05 AM
Scorpion's Grasp, from Sandstorm. Also lets you do it with light weapons, I believe.

Swordguy
2007-02-26, 01:05 AM
There's a feat for everything except balancing casters and non-casters.

But, yes, there's something like that in Sandstorm, IIRC.

EDIT: Curse the ninja-ing! Must...raise...Spot Check.

fallensavior
2007-02-26, 01:07 AM
Scorpion's Grasp, from Sandstorm. Also lets you do it with light weapons, I believe.

Yeah, I thought so, because it used to be a part of improved grapple in 3.0 right? Anyway, does it have any weird prereqs or is it pretty straightforward?

The_Snark
2007-02-26, 01:10 AM
Pretty straightforward, requires Improved Grapple and such, I believe. I can't remember whether 3.0 Improved Grapple used to let you do that or not, though.

cupkeyk
2007-02-26, 01:37 AM
Prereqs, Improved Grapple, improved unarmed strike and 13 STR. It has a regional prerequisite that you must have come from the wastes. Meaning a desert area, i guess.

If you opt to use a one handed weapon you must still drop it after initiating the grapple. If you were using a light weapon you can continue using it with the regular -4 penalties.

more info here (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Scorpion%7Es_Grasp,Sa)

The_Snark
2007-02-26, 01:47 AM
The regional prerequisite is Forgotten Realms only, though it would make sense that the character at least had training from somebody from a desert area. It's supposed to be a martial technique inspired by the scorpion, I guess.