PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War and Ultimate Versatility

Giddonihah
2014-06-29, 09:08 PM
So I'm in a mythic game thats allowing Path of War, and I was looking through the paths for things that worked well with my Warder when I found Ultimate Versatility.

Ultimate Versatility lets you temporarily 'rechoose' class feature decisions once per day. Now I'm certain that for Warlord gambits and Stalker Arts it would work perfectly well for, but does it also let you also rechoose manuevers and stances? It has a special clause for spells, but maneuvers aren't spells and that specific clause wouldn't really stop maneuvers anyways.

If it does work like I am thinking, is this broken?

137beth
2014-06-29, 11:40 PM
RAW, maneuvers and stances are not spells, so they can be freely adjusted.

Personally, I house rule that the exemption for spells in Ultimate Versatility also applies to maneuvers, invocations, and psionic powers, because those have the same significance to a character's build as spell selection. A fair number of mythic abilities require some interpretation to work properly, so it is worth asking your DM.

Jeremy Smith is mythicizing Ultimate Psionics as part of mythic mania (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legendarygames/mythic-mania-three-mythic-rulebooks-for-pathfinder), and it is possible they will eventually mythicize PoW too. If that happens, there may be a better RAW answer.

As for whether it is broken...it depends on how powerful the rest of the group is. It's nothing compared to Inspired Spell/Wild Arcana, both of which can send a tier 2 caster into high-tier 1 territory. Using Ultimate Versatility to adjust maneuvers won't get you into the tier two range, but it will be very powerful. If the rest of your group are all optimized full casters/manifesters with Inspired Spell/Wild Arcana/<the psionic equivalent, I forget what it is called in the playtest>, it shouldn't be an issue.

ErrantX
2014-07-05, 12:16 AM
So I'm in a mythic game thats allowing Path of War, and I was looking through the paths for things that worked well with my Warder when I found Ultimate Versatility.

Ultimate Versatility lets you temporarily 'rechoose' class feature decisions once per day. Now I'm certain that for Warlord gambits and Stalker Arts it would work perfectly well for, but does it also let you also rechoose manuevers and stances? It has a special clause for spells, but maneuvers aren't spells and that specific clause wouldn't really stop maneuvers anyways.

I'm as close to a RAW answer as can be given at this time.

It would work for Stalker Arts and Gambits, and yes, technically it would work for stances and maneuvers. I'd caution that to only allow things within your associated disciplines, and to have it not work with stances (or at least make it equal or lower level trades).

-X

facelessminion
2014-07-06, 07:44 AM

Why would it be broken, when Archmages and Heirophants are able to do worse with less required effort?

Feint's End
2014-07-06, 09:08 AM
Jeremy Smith is mythicizing Ultimate Psionics as part of mythic mania (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legendarygames/mythic-mania-three-mythic-rulebooks-for-pathfinder), and it is possible they will eventually mythicize PoW too. If that happens, there may be a better RAW answer

Not wanting to derail the thread but I wanted to ask if you have some link to a page confirming that or to a thread. I looked at it but couldn't find any indication that psionics was part of it.
Also didn't dsp say they work on mythic rules themselves (or are those the same developers working for dsp... which might be the case)?

Svm420
2014-07-06, 03:44 PM
Not wanting to derail the thread but I wanted to ask if you have some link to a page confirming that or to a thread. I looked at it but couldn't find any indication that psionics was part of it.
Also didn't dsp say they work on mythic rules themselves (or are those the same developers working for dsp... which might be the case)?

Here mythic psionics (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legendarygames/mythic-mania-three-mythic-rulebooks-for-pathfinder/posts/814148)