PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Warblade (with Devoted Spirit)

Breuger
2014-06-29, 11:25 PM
Hello,
I'm making a Warforged Warblade character for an Eberron campaign. It will be level 7.
The DM gave me access to Devoted Spirit in exchange for Tiger Claw.
I've been reading the melee guide by Person_Man as well as the Crusader and Warblade guides by Private-Prinny and Elfin respectively.
Now, I'm trying to decide on what maneuvers to take.

To provide context.
We have;
a LG Half-Gold Dragon Paladin, who's probably going to hit things with a big stick.
a CE Lich Wizard, who's going to be Early Richard from LFG, literally just wants to muderhobo with magic.
a NG Aasimar Druid, who's going to be a pacifist that writes strongly worded letters to people and attempts to hug it out, gave up wild shape for spontaneous healing or something like that.
a Chaotic/Neutral/Good/Neutral Weasel Lycanthrope Changeling Rogue, that is, well, Belkar, but not Evil. Probably CN.

I'm planning on using Iron Heart as a primary discipline, with Devoted Spirit as secondary, then tertiary White Raven. Probably going to use a two-handed weapon. I'm planning on mitigating damage for as many of them as possible assuming "normal" play. Though, I'd really just like to be able to not die if they start trying to murder each other.

I'm planning on taking Adamantine Body as a feat. Everything else, I am unsure of.
Is there anything that would be considered a must have?
Thanks! :smallsmile:

RFLS
2014-06-29, 11:31 PM
A guisarme with improved trip could be highly entertaining, especially with iron heart as your primary discipline. Combine with knock down if your dm will allow it.

RegalKain
2014-06-30, 01:51 AM
What other homebrew rules are in place? Not to be that guy or anything, but isn't it normally disallowed for a LG Paladin to knowingly associate with evil people? Such as your CE Lich?

That said what sources are allowed? The entire trip line is nice, especially if you're allowed to take something like Knock-Down (http://dndtools.eu/feats/deities-and-demigods--39/knock-down--1725/) it can be pretty awesome with Improved Trip, any specific weapon of choice in mind for this? :o

juicycaboose
2014-06-30, 03:15 AM
If you aren't opposed to taking any of the diamond mind maneuvers then Moment of Perfect Mind and to a lesser extent Action Before Thought are great counters to have, replacing will saves and reflex saves respectively with a concentration check.

Breuger
2014-06-30, 12:57 PM
Well, he's said all official sources are allowed, provided we vet it with him if it's out of something not the PHB/DMG.
The lich has a magic item that keeps Disguise Undead and Misrepresent Alignment up on himself constantly. So, until the second one fails to a will save he'll appear NG, or something like that.
So, it will get weird in that case.

Trip does seem pretty sweet. Especially since I can nab anything that goes after the rogue or druid. With that though, using one of the reach trip weapons, what happens if someone gets in the 5ft range? Do I just have to 5ft step back then hit? Additionally, with Knock Down, would that apply to damage dealt with any weapon?

Those Diamond Mind maneuvers do sound really nice! Thanks for pointing them out. It's been kind of overwhelming trying to read up on every maneuver.

I should probably add. This is my second time playing DnD, first was back when 3.0 was new, had a Fighter. So this is very new territory for me.
Thanks for the help thus far! :smallsmile:

RegalKain
2014-06-30, 03:21 PM
Well, he's said all official sources are allowed, provided we vet it with him if it's out of something not the PHB/DMG.
The lich has a magic item that keeps Disguise Undead and Misrepresent Alignment up on himself constantly. So, until the second one fails to a will save he'll appear NG, or something like that.
So, it will get weird in that case.

Trip does seem pretty sweet. Especially since I can nab anything that goes after the rogue or druid. With that though, using one of the reach trip weapons, what happens if someone gets in the 5ft range? Do I just have to 5ft step back then hit? Additionally, with Knock Down, would that apply to damage dealt with any weapon?

Those Diamond Mind maneuvers do sound really nice! Thanks for pointing them out. It's been kind of overwhelming trying to read up on every maneuver.

I should probably add. This is my second time playing DnD, first was back when 3.0 was new, had a Fighter. So this is very new territory for me.
Thanks for the help thus far! :smallsmile:

It's any form of melee damage. Including unarmed attacks etc, I had a character who was using a Bladed-Whip from 3.0 (Made it so the whip was treated as a melee attack.) with a 15ft reach, was pretty potent as far as battlefield control went. There's a few weapons (IIRC) that count as a reach weapon, but can still be used in melee as well. I can't remember them off the top of my head, you could use something like that.

Irk
2014-06-30, 03:30 PM
Shocking Fist + Stone Power or Shocking Fist + Devoted Spirit Healing Strike is a good damage booster for whenever you decide to attack. At your lvel, it's an extra +7d4.

Angelmaker
2014-07-01, 07:08 AM
a LG Half-Gold Dragon Paladin, who's probably going to hit things with a big stick.
a CE Lich Wizard, who's going to be Early Richard from LFG, literally just wants to muderhobo with magic.

Is there anything that would be considered a must have?

Seriously? I suggest a high diplomacy score as a must have to prevent things from blowing up. I don't expect to last this game more than two sessions without massive intra party conflict or an alignment change on either end if either one of them plays their character even remotely based on their alignment.